Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Denver Missions Team 2
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28
BlackHat
QUOTE (J. Packer @ Jan 12 2011, 11:14 PM) *
Yeah, we'll need to get Sleep's input on how to get Doc involved. Heck,I could just have her be the one that invites all of you to the next big dance.

That would work. I'm not that shocked that the Charisma 2 uncouth character isn't invited to all the pre/post-run parties, but I don't want to exclude Sleep from any inter-run shinnanigans, either. smile.gif
BlackHat
QUOTE (Zyerne @ Jan 13 2011, 11:35 AM) *
If Wolf was invited, I missed it.

In Klink's last IC he sent Wolf a message asking if he wanted to come.
klinktastic
QUOTE (BlackHat @ Jan 13 2011, 10:37 AM) *
That would work. I'm not that shocked that the Charisma 2 uncouth character isn't invited to all the pre/post-run parties, but I don't want to exclude Sleep from any inter-run shinnanigans, either. smile.gif

Yeah, she creeps Riot out, so I'm having a hard time justifying. JP can use her to link us into the run. Maybe she'll feel socially outcasted because we all hung out and maybe try and make some strides during the run to be a bit more friendlier. Would be interestin to RP out the acceptance of her unusual persona.

QUOTE (BlackHat @ Jan 13 2011, 10:38 AM) *
In Klink's last IC he sent Wolf a message asking if he wanted to come.

And like how I used my nickname of him as a password?
BlackHat
QUOTE (klinktastic @ Jan 13 2011, 11:42 AM) *
Maybe she'll feel socially outcasted because we all hung out and maybe try and make some strides during the run to be a bit more friendlier.

Yeah, I'm guessing it'll be more of a smoldering resentment, and maybe some paranoia, but we'll see.

And like how I used my nickname of him as a password?

Yeah.
Zyerne
@Blackhat: You might want to pull the Saturday part of your last post for now, as I recall, Kim has to go meet her fixer sometime before then.
sabs
He can leave it, and then Kim can post her stuff, and catch herself up.

That way he's ready for Saturday.
klinktastic
I'm sure Kim's not waiting until Saturday to see her fixer.

edit - ninja'ed
BlackHat
Yeah, if she concedes the game, I'll edit to that Kreskin goes strait to Riots place. Otherwise, Kreskin will show up, so I might as well leave it.
klinktastic
Hmmm. Slow day today. So Z and Kim still need to post their RP. So hopefully tomorrow we can start up the next run mid to late friday. Which will be good, since most people gave up working at noon.
BlackHat
Lol, Kreskin f-ed that up pretty good. biggrin.gif

Well, let me know if Kim doesn't wanna go to the biker game on Saturday, and I'll edit my previous post to have Kreskin arriving at Riot's, instead.
J. Packer
QUOTE (BlackHat @ Jan 13 2011, 07:36 PM) *
Lol, Kreskin f-ed that up pretty good. biggrin.gif

Well, let me know if Kim doesn't wanna go to the biker game on Saturday, and I'll edit my previous post to have Kreskin arriving at Riot's, instead.

And yet, it's so very realistic that way!

I wrote a small novel for Kim to deal with, just to try to iron out the business with her contact. It might lead to a sideline scenario that's not part of the Missions campaign in the near future for you all.
SleepIncarnate
Looks like I have tomorrow off (if things haven't changed) and the day after that is ground duty (which means I get to spend 12 hours at a comp but no access to dice roller) so I should be able to get caught up over the next couple days. But for now, off to work.

P.S. If Doc creeps out your characters, that's a good sign. Her street name, Opheliac, has two meanings. The first is "one who delves in madness", and the other is "one who is obsessed with another." As JP can tell you, based on her backstory and the like, it's a very fitting name, she picked it well.
klinktastic
QUOTE (SleepIncarnate @ Jan 13 2011, 11:26 PM) *
Looks like I have tomorrow off (if things haven't changed) and the day after that is ground duty (which means I get to spend 12 hours at a comp but no access to dice roller) so I should be able to get caught up over the next couple days. But for now, off to work.

P.S. If Doc creeps out your characters, that's a good sign. Her street name, Opheliac, has two meanings. The first is "one who delves in madness", and the other is "one who is obsessed with another." As JP can tell you, based on her backstory and the like, it's a very fitting name, she picked it well.

Sounds good. Worked out that you were busy during our "downtime". Hopefully we can ramp the mission up today, and start getting to the legwork over the weekend.
J. Packer
Z - feel free to run with the rest of the discussion and sales. If you want to try to dicker on price, roll the rolls here, and I'll roll the counter negotiation rolls. But you can write yourself back up to Saturday morning, if you want to take Riot up on his offer of joining them at the bar.
Zyerne
Ok. I'm assuming Todd will have injection bolts if he's got narcoject. The other one's Wolf's after are SnS for the pistol and explosive for the heavy.
J. Packer
QUOTE (Zyerne @ Jan 14 2011, 01:42 PM) *
Ok. I'm assuming Todd will have injection bolts if he's got narcoject. The other one's Wolf's after are SnS for the pistol and explosive for the heavy.

Safe bet on both. The same guy - why don't you create him for me - that Raven gives you for the explosives ought to be able to get you the specialty bolts you're after.
BlackHat
I forgot that I never picked up flare-resistant glasses for Kreskin, but oh well. We'll say he was busy spending his week tracking down the grenade launcher and planned to put personal shopping off until the weekend (and will be surprised to find himself on the job, instead). biggrin.gif
Kim
Is there a window in Kim's room, or is the only way out through the door?
BlackHat
eek.gif If you didn't wanna come, you could have just not called back. wink.gif
Kim
QUOTE (BlackHat @ Jan 14 2011, 10:27 PM) *
eek.gif If you didn't wanna come, you could have just not called back. wink.gif

~lol~ Kim needs to work out to stay as skinny as she is.
BlackHat
That's what cosmetic bioware is for? o.O

EDIT: Oh, right, forgot... magician.
J. Packer
Kim's room does have a window, but on the 18th floor, they're the kind that don't open. Big, thick plate glass.
Zyerne
QUOTE (J. Packer @ Jan 14 2011, 08:46 PM) *
Safe bet on both. The same guy - why don't you create him for me - that Raven gives you for the explosives ought to be able to get you the specialty bolts you're after.

You might regret that smile.gif
J. Packer
QUOTE (Zyerne @ Jan 14 2011, 03:04 PM) *
You might regret that smile.gif

I reserve the right to demand edits! smile.gif

Honestly, I trust you guys. We are building a world together, after all.
klinktastic
So by Sunday we'll try to be at the bar/ready for the run? That way the run will start ramping up as the week progresses?
Kim
QUOTE (klinktastic @ Jan 14 2011, 11:50 PM) *
So by Sunday we'll try to be at the bar/ready for the run? That way the run will start ramping up as the week progresses?

I thought we had to be ready today.
klinktastic
QUOTE (Kim @ Jan 14 2011, 05:17 PM) *
I thought we had to be ready today.

Well it doesnt look like we're gonna make it today.
J. Packer
Yeah, sorry 'bout that. The wife dragged me all over town tonight. Left the house at 4:00 and got home just now, 9:30. Returning shoes to a shoe store, getting dinner, shopping for a car stereo for the Touareg that'll support her Droid and iPod. What a mess.

I'll give y'all tonight to finish up with your stories for the downtime. Anything we don't finish before I pick up again tomorrow AM will have to be done in a flashback.
SleepIncarnate
Well, since I still have time to make changes, I'll drop the point of Automatics off of Doc and move it into Pistols. And she'll have spent the downtime looking to buy an Ares Predator IV, a couple spare clips, and regular and SNS rounds for it through her contact.
J. Packer
QUOTE (SleepIncarnate @ Jan 14 2011, 11:27 PM) *
Well, since I still have time to make changes, I'll drop the point of Automatics off of Doc and move it into Pistols. And she'll have spent the downtime looking to buy an Ares Predator IV, a couple spare clips, and regular and SNS rounds for it through her contact.

Should be easy enough. Just add in 5% times her connection rating as overhead and you don't have to do any rolls.
Zyerne
Sorry Klink, Wolf would have sent a message to say he wasn't coming, I just haven't got round to posting it yet.
J. Packer
Okay, let's get started on the second "mission" in the series.

I'll want an IC post for everyone, effective 12:00pm on Saturday, April 9th. Once those start rolling in, I'll jump in. If you need to write a bit more, to make sure you get everything taken care of in advance of the start of the next session, do so in that post.
J. Packer
Klink, Shinners is all you. Why don't you paint a picture for Kim and Kreskin as they arrive.
BlackHat
Leaving the door open for some RP at the bar if Kim or Klink is on this afternoon, but if JP wants to push things forward to noon, I don't think there's anything critical we need to discuss before the plot comes along and gets us. biggrin.gif
Zyerne
I think you've got 'til Sleep and I get posts up. I'm working on mine now smile.gif
klinktastic
Eh, I'm RP'ed out for this inter session. Ready to start the mission.
J. Packer
Was hoping that Sleep would have a chance to chime in, but I'll roll ahead with what we've got so far.

Z, it looks like you've got a bit of an odd timestamp in your post - Saturday 9pm, you'll be hip deep in it. smile.gif I suspect you meant to bump it to noon...
klinktastic
Also, we can cross borders freely via public trans as long as you're not carrying anything illegal...or at least thats what 6th World Alamac says in regards to moving around in Denver.
J. Packer
That might well prove handy. Wish I'd thought to read that, before we got started. Might have saved some trouble. smile.gif
klinktastic
QUOTE (J. Packer @ Jan 15 2011, 04:10 PM) *
That might well prove handy. Wish I'd thought to read that, before we got started. Might have saved some trouble. smile.gif

I just breezed thru it, to see what they had on the warrens...which isn't much. I'll be re-reading it, but right now I'm reading Vice, see if I can glean anything useful from it.

Also, I added some of the NPCs from the first run into the wiki, along with my impressions. Anyone, feel free to add or modify.
Kim
Little weird though.
BlackHat
I expect that buying everyone's drinks is above and beyond Kreskin's meager lifestyle, so I'll be sure to drop some actual cred before we go - but I figure its probably worth the cred to make a good impression with Riot's crew.
klinktastic
QUOTE (BlackHat @ Jan 15 2011, 04:26 PM) *
I expect that buying everyone's drinks is above and beyond Kreskin's meager lifestyle, so I'll be sure to drop some actual cred before we go - but I figure its probably worth the cred to make a good impression with Riot's crew.

It's a ganger's bar, so I doubt its too bad. Low lifestyle might cover it, but don't dock yourself too much. It's definitely not fancy or high priced. Plus we get discounts!
BlackHat
Looks like Wolf's IM comes in a few minutes later, so I'll wait and see if Tabby's next response gives some clue, before having Kreskin admit he doesn't know. biggrin.gif
klinktastic
I also updated the wiki with a summary of mission 1. I feel it was pretty independent point of view, not shaded to make Riot look so awesome.
BlackHat
Looks good. I like the idea of having a reference for contacts and how various encounters play out in our past missions.
BlackHat
Where is "the Hub" in relation to where we are? It sounds like Tabby wants to meet us in a half hour, so everyone will probably have to drop what they're doing and go. biggrin.gif
klinktastic
Im going to suggest u and kim go to the pre meet
J. Packer
QUOTE (BlackHat @ Jan 15 2011, 08:09 PM) *
Where is "the Hub" in relation to where we are? It sounds like Tabby wants to meet us in a half hour, so everyone will probably have to drop what they're doing and go. biggrin.gif

The Hub is an area that's at the very north end of the CAS, wedged alongside I-25 and the border with PCC. Sioux land is due north, and the UCAS has interests there as well. It's effectively "downtown"

It's north of where you are now, no more than eight or ten blocks to the south side of the Hub, maybe fifteen minutes to the bar by taxi, car or whatever.
BlackHat
Good, cause that's about as much time as we'll have. IC post incoming
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012