Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Denver Missions Team 2
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28
klinktastic
BH, you and Kim go to the pre-meet. Both ofyou are our social gurus anyway. I'm going to pick up the van and my drones. If the timing works out, and it should, I'll pick you guys up. Sounds like this is time sensitive, so speed to get to the Johnson would be good.
SleepIncarnate
Ok, managed to get an IC post in. Sorry I been so busy this week, work's been hectic here, I've been moving constantly in shifts and we've had a few changes too that have kept me busy. I'll try to be around a bit more until things settle down and then I can resume my normal pace.
BlackHat
Had Kreskin drop a 100 credstick on the table, before heading out. I'm sure it more than covers the cost of the booze Kreskin is on the hook for, and he's not too worried about overpaying.
J. Packer
Kreskin, Kim, Doc - by what means are you traveling? If I don't hear from you, I'll write in something.

BlackHat
Kreskin will take a cab, I guess - since he has about 15 minutes to get there. Will send out a message to the team about traveling light in a second
klinktastic
I actually editted in some stuff, accelerating the timeline up to picking up Wolf and back to the CAS, consuming about a half hour. Probably take me another 15 to get the hub, putting us there about 2:35-2:40. We can pick you two up, and pick up Doc, and head to Sioux country.

And fuck traveling light, I don't want to have to go backwards to get more gear if we need it later. God knows what we're about to run into. I'd rather be prep'ed.
BlackHat
That's basically how I feel about it - at least until we get some more details from the contact.

Then again, Kreskin normally travels pretty light for a Runner.
klinktastic
Might as well pop it up to the pre-meet. I purposefully made sure that we'd pick up Doc after the pre-meet, just to give her some extra time incase we dont get very far today.
Zyerne
Hey Klink, slow down a little will ya? No way Wolf's gonna make it back to his place, get ready and make it to the border in 15 minutes.
klinktastic
Might be smige meta, but I don't see a time stamp where Wolf couldn't make it.

From the intial message, you'd have a half hour to get there...or a bit longer.
SleepIncarnate
Public Trans, same as before, so probably a light rail or something similar
klinktastic
QUOTE (SleepIncarnate @ Jan 16 2011, 11:11 AM) *
Public Trans, same as before, so probably a light rail or something similar

Isn't your apt in the UCAS? We need to go thru the UCAS on the way to Sioux, so you probably don't need to go anywhere. We'll pick you up, as the IC detailed.
Zyerne
I was waiting for a reply from Blackhat before I posted anything. You had Riot picking Wolf up 2 posts before that.

Besides, how am I supposed to put a timestamp saying he can't make it when you arrange and make the pickup in the same post?
klinktastic
Well, Kreskin told Riot to take lead on rounding the troops up, while he and Angel went to the pre-meet. Thus, I sent you a text, so you can respond to that, and I'll edit. I didn't see a problem with it, since you were taking a stroll around your new block. I didn't know you were like 100 miles away. However, I can pick you up and take you to your place and we can get your gear, and I'll just push my times stamps back about 15 or 20 minutes.

Just trying to get the ball rolling here. Been a little slow....

Edit - And I'm trying to get the party together so it's not so disjointed and people don't feel left out. We just spent over a week doing our own things. Time to bring us back together.
J. Packer
Just a heads up. If you're trying to get to the Hub for the initial meet, it's about dead center. One border crossing for anyone except someone in the CAS, who has no crossings to get there.

Once there, it'd be one crossing to get into the Sioux sector.
klinktastic
Oh ok. We'll then I'll amend my prior post to have Doc head to the Hub.

Z and I aren't going to get their in time by any means. We'll just pick them up after the pre-meet...its not likely to be very important or anything Kreskin and Angel can't handle.

Anyway, in the future, I'm going to be very liberal with unimportant events in the game...I hate getting bogged down in trival details. If I'm stepping on toes, I don't mean to rush you, so just post your stuff in IC and post in OOC to tell me what to amend. Thanks!

Edit - @Sleep - Do you want to meet at the Hub or in Sioux territory (sending PM as well)
Zyerne
Klink, feel free to pick Wolf up after the meet if you want Riot to go to it.
klinktastic
QUOTE (Zyerne @ Jan 16 2011, 12:15 PM) *
Klink, feel free to pick Wolf up after the meet if you want Riot to go to it.

No biggie, we weren't gonna make it anyway. I think JP, BH, and Kim can knock it out whenever. Timing should work out that we can pick them up and get to the actual Johnson prior to the 6 PM meet time. Also, it seems that the Johnson can meet ASAP, but 6 at the latest. Based on how rapidly we responded, we should be able to get there by 4:30 to 5, still giving us a jump start on the mission.
BlackHat
QUOTE (klinktastic @ Jan 16 2011, 12:13 PM) *
Isn't your apt in the UCAS? We need to go thru the UCAS on the way to Sioux, so you probably don't need to go anywhere. We'll pick you up, as the IC detailed.

Do you need to go through UCAS? I think Sioux is directly north of CAS.
klinktastic
QUOTE (BlackHat @ Jan 16 2011, 12:50 PM) *
Do you need to go through UCAS? I think Sioux is directly north of CAS.

Already amended....see 3 posts up.
BlackHat
I was referring to the IC

<<Riot@Kreskin - I have Wolf, heading to the Hub. We'll pick up Doc on the way thru UCAS to the Sioux.>>

klinktastic
Ah yup. Just took that last sentence off. We'll just leave Doc's decision open ended. Odds are she won't make it to the Hub before you finish the pre-meet anyway since she's taking PubTrans. So kick off that meeting with Tabby (lame name)
Zyerne
Funniest thing about this mission? Doc is the one that speaks Sioux
klinktastic
QUOTE (Zyerne @ Jan 16 2011, 01:07 PM) *

Yay! I should download some liguasofts since I'll have time to kill. Would it be hard to do that JP?
BlackHat
QUOTE (Zyerne @ Jan 16 2011, 02:07 PM) *

Its still better if she doesn't. biggrin.gif
Kim
Hmm, I just read the start of the new mission again and I was wondering if it was clear that "incredible sex with a bartender" is the name of a cocktail and that Kim thought it would be funny if Kreskin had to ask that at the bar, but that she thought it was a bit early after their date to make a joke like that considering how their date ended?
BlackHat
Lol, I thought she was remembering some bartender she used to know. wink.gif
J. Packer
QUOTE (klinktastic @ Jan 16 2011, 12:08 PM) *
Yay! I should download some liguasofts since I'll have time to kill. Would it be hard to do that JP?

Through legitimate sources, it would be a piece of cake. Like buying a song off of iTunes.
klinktastic
If needed, I will. Let's kick off Kreskin and Angel's meet with Tabby the Fixer.
J. Packer
QUOTE (klinktastic @ Jan 16 2011, 01:07 PM) *
If needed, I will. Let's kick off Kreskin and Angel's meet with Tabby the Fixer.

I'm workin' on it, ya hasty bastard! wink.gif
klinktastic
Hey, I'm not hasty....but I am a bastard!
Kim
@JP: Are you aware that you've been posting your signature in the IC threads?
J. Packer
QUOTE (Kim @ Jan 16 2011, 01:28 PM) *
@JP: Are you aware that you've been posting your signature in the IC threads?

You can turn that off on a per board basis? Or is it just on a per post basis?

I unchecked it for this post, just to see what happens.
BlackHat
Per post, IIRC (but i don't use a signature so I haven't had to worry about it)
klinktastic
An FYI, from Sixth World Alamanac, p. 178. Unfortunately, its probably the only useful thing in the book about Denver.

It is recommended for those new to the city to utilize
the public transit system of maglevs and subways to ease the transition
between sectors. Use of the transit systems o ers a seamless veri cation
system and agents can provide necessary forms for completion without
blocking traffic flow for residents.
BlackHat
Curious, is Tabby also wearing clothes, or just the fur? I imagine the former would be uncomfortable, but that the later might be considered public indecency.
J. Packer
QUOTE (BlackHat @ Jan 16 2011, 02:49 PM) *
Curious, is Tabby also wearing clothes, or just the fur? I imagine the former would be uncomfortable, but that the later might be considered public indecency.

Yup, she has clothes on. The one picture in the materials has her from the waist up, wearing a lined coat with the sleeves rolled up and either pants or shorts. Oh, and furry kitty ears sticking out of her hair.
BlackHat
Unless Angel has any other questions, I'm not gonna press the new fixer for information we'll just get in a few hours. We can excuse ourselves from here, and meet up with the rest of the team to talk about what we might be getting into - and then maybe earn some brownie points with the new J by showing up well before six.
Kim
No, Kim just had one question and Kreskin asked it.

Kim's a bit confused though, first Tabby said "He wants you there by 6 this afternoon." and then "and needed a team put together ASAP"
klinktastic
I believe its get there ASAP, no later than 6...or at least that's how I understand it.

I guess you could ask if we can be there before 6?
Zyerne
4 hrs is pretty fast. Also remember, these missions are written for pickup groups, they don't expect half the team to be hanging out in a bar when the call comes in.
Kim
Well, Kim doesn't wanna ask in case we want to arrive there early. At least now we can say Tabby said ASAP and have a good excuse.
Kim
Any ideas on where Kreskin and Kim will be picked up by the van, or should we do something in the next 45 minutes?
Zyerne
Get a room? smile.gif
Kim
~lol~ not going to happen
klinktastic
Can you text us what information you did gather?
Zyerne
We're a half hour ahead and just got done saying we don't know anything
klinktastic
I can amend that.
klinktastic
Ah who cares. Let's just meet at the Hub. If Doc's taking public trans, can we just say she makes it to the hub. We all make it there by like 3:15 or so. Lets just skip to then.
J. Packer
Well, nobody would throw Kim and Kreskin out of Jimmy's Number Five, so you can all meet there if you like.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012