Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Denver Missions Team 2
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28
klinktastic
Yeah, I'm at 11d6 for my driving tests. I'm going to do 2 cut offs and and then with the 3rd IP, either maintain control or stop on a dime, depending on what damage we do during the turn.
BlackHat
The problem is, it'll take a few rounds before Riot can force all 6 bikes to crash, and in that time, if any one of them gets lucky and makes us crash, most of us die. smile.gif

EDIT: Oh yeah, might as well cut off twice before we stop, though.
klinktastic
Yeah, I wouldn't worry about ramming houserules just yet. Odds are we're pulling over and I'm gonna stun club some poor fuck in the head.
Zyerne
Car Wars ramming rules could be fun smile.gif
BlackHat
QUOTE (BlackHat @ Jan 5 2011, 11:16 AM) *
The problem is, it'll take a few rounds before Riot can force all 6 bikes to crash, and in that time, if any one of them gets lucky and makes us crash, most of us die. smile.gif

EDIT: Oh yeah, might as well cut off twice before we stop, though.

Actually, I take that back. If you cut off in the first IP, even if you take out one biker, we could be forced to make 5 tests to avoid crashing ourselves (with your dice pool, I'm not TOO worried about it, but they could stack some penalties and make it dicey). If we pull over on IP 1, though, the bad guys can't force us to crash.
klinktastic
Well, from a metagame standpoint, it seems that these bikers are regular chumps with 1 IP. They have to use that IP for maintaining control. The youth, who's in the front, is on Jazz or Cram for 2 IPs. So he can control and try and cut off. My guess, its an initiation rite...youngest member has to do something crazy...run us off the road.

Lets resolve the shooting from turn 1, we can make decisions from there.
BlackHat
Ah, then, yeah, make two cut-off attempts on him, then lets stop. Of course, if they're just messing with us for initiation, I feel kind of bad forcing him to crash and burn, but at least his bike's body won't insta-gib him.
BlackHat
If you don't end up making him crash, I wonder if we could make it look like a convincing crash when you pull over... when in reality it was a controlled stop.
J. Packer
Okay, so where are we at? Shall we proceed to the next round? No gunfire before the cut-off attempts?
BlackHat
None from Kreskin (since he'd probably glitch, and certainly miss). He's opting to keep his head down.

Wolf and Doc might take some pot shots in round 1, though - because we're gonna need to thin them out eventually.
SleepIncarnate
Oh, there's gunfire.

Shot 1 Agility 3 + Longarms 3 + Shotguns 2 + Smartgun 2 - Vehicle 3 = 7 (7d6.hits(5)=3) 3 hits first shot
Shot 2 Agility 3 + Longarms 3 + Shotguns 2 + Smartgun 2 - Vehicle 3 - Recoil 1 = 6 (6d6.hits(5)=2) 2 hits second shot

The shotgun's using regular ammo, so DV 7 -1 AP
klinktastic
@Sleep - Nice!

@Blackhat - I'm not 100% certain is an initation rite, I'm just guessing based on the setup and description. Otherwise, we'd be eating 6 cut-offs a turn, and we'd already be crashed.
Zyerne
We'll find out soon enough with Doc shooting at them.
J. Packer
Well, Doc's drawn blood - Wolf, you got anything fun up your sleeve at this point?
SleepIncarnate
And I are going to the gym IRL, be back in about 60-90 minutes. Will see if we're in the 2nd IP by then.
klinktastic
QUOTE (J. Packer @ Jan 5 2011, 10:50 AM) *
Well, Doc's drawn blood - Wolf, you got anything fun up your sleeve at this point?

Looks like he's not, since he said he got an idea but still hasn't posted up anything....and it has been 2 days.

To start off turn 2, we do our opposed rolls. I'm going to guess you win again, keeping us in close range. But if any of the bikers fail to get a success or get just one success, I'll probably win off a tie breaker of reaction 6 compared to whatever.

[ Spoiler ]

I'm now in VR with a 15 initiative and 3 IPs.

Here's the first cut-off attempt:

[ Spoiler ]

Zyerne
Sorry, meant to add I was holding for a reaction to Doc's shots. Thought it, didn't type it.
J. Packer
That's alright, Z. Post away. I've not moved on to the next phase yet.
BlackHat
Or did you mean holding off until you saw the other biker's reactions, which probably won't happen until the next round.
Zyerne
Yeah, I did. However..

Post'll be up in a sec, feel free to move on.
J. Packer
You've got five targets back there, so let me know who you're targeting and gimme some dice.
Kim
[ Spoiler ]
Zyerne
That's an action to open the door and another to change to the pistol bow. I'm all out.
BlackHat
Yes, but you have 2 ips, and most combatants did not, so we are ready for round 2 otherwise. So you spent ip1 getting ready and can spend up 2 shooting
J. Packer
Correct. If Doc or Wolf want to take shots on their 2nd IP, they can do so now, before I figure out what happens at the top of the second round of combat.
Zyerne
I'd considered my first IP used, but if Doc was shooting on the first, I'll take a shot on the second.
J. Packer
Turns in combat chases are a bit hinky. They're supposed to take many actual combat turns to complete, so go for it.
klinktastic
Do it. Narcojet bolts? That should be funny....

Edge'ing it?
Zyerne
Edited it but I imagine it'll miss.
klinktastic
One hit? Never know, he's got penalties to dodge, and he already used his IP to control his vehicle so he doesn't crash. So it's possible.
J. Packer
He still managed two hits on his attempt to avoid being hit. A valiant attempt, though.

Doc, you got another action for us?
klinktastic
QUOTE (J. Packer @ Jan 5 2011, 03:05 PM) *
He still managed two hits on his attempt to avoid being hit. A valiant attempt, though.

Doc, you got another action for us?

Ugh...we need to get better at this combat stuff. Shouldn't be this difficult to get things done. Any thoughts on how to streamline it? Seemed like group 1's combat went really well. Ours is well, going backwards.
Kim
QUOTE (klinktastic @ Jan 5 2011, 10:20 PM) *
Ugh...we need to get better at this combat stuff. Shouldn't be this difficult to get things done. Any thoughts on how to streamline it? Seemed like group 1's combat went really well. Ours is well, going backwards.

The other team seems to be a lot better at combat, but did they get through the posts easier?
sabs
Our combat went fast, cause we had 2 combat monsters who killed 2 mooks an IP each.
Hell, our entire combat only lasted 1 round (6 seconds)

BlackHat
QUOTE (Kim @ Jan 5 2011, 04:25 PM) *
The other team seems to be a lot better at combat, but did they get through the posts easier?

Hey now! We all know team 2 rocks and team 1 smells...

Combat in PBP games always goes horribly slowly. In normal interactions, people can kind of post at their own speed, but in combat, it takes real life days for a few seconds to go by, so even if you're able to post a lot, once you've posted your intention, you can't really talk or react to anything for a few real life days.

I'd be interested to hear if people have any suggestions for speeding things up, but I don't have any to offer.
BlackHat
QUOTE (sabs @ Jan 5 2011, 04:27 PM) *
Hell, our entire combat only lasted 1 round (6 seconds)

3 seconds. biggrin.gif (6 is D&D, I think)
sabs
Which begs to ask, how did the cops get there so quickly smile.gif
klinktastic
Considering there were 12 participants in theirs compared to 6 in ours (1 biker who's cutting us off and the 5 of us). I mean, once the enemy has no more IPs, we should just mass roll whatever actions you have left.

BlackHat
QUOTE (sabs @ Jan 5 2011, 04:30 PM) *
Which begs to ask, how did the cops get there so quickly smile.gif

The cops knew where you guys were the same way everyone else has so far. The Koshiri are obviously not very good at keeping secrets.
BlackHat
One step to speed things up would be if JP handled initiative for us. At the start of every round, we need everyone to roll initiative before really beginning (although, honestly, some of us will never beat others).. and that turnaround can take a while. If he just rolls the initiative and posts the order, we can go from there, and potentially get started right away.
BlackHat
Speaking of which, until we implement that policy, my round 2 initative is an 8
[ Spoiler ]
J. Packer
I would say that, if speed is important in these things, I'm happy rolling initiative, perception checks and the like, to keep the ball rolling. It all depends on you guys. Some folks like the level of "gaming" feel they get from making those rolls. Others don't care nearly so much.

So I'll let you five decide.
BlackHat
If other people prefer to do their own rolling, I don't mind continuing to do so, either. The one problem with having the GM roll for you and get started while you are away from the boards is if you wanted to do something to affect that roll (like spend edge to go first, or to reroll a perception roll, etc). There are pros and cons, of course.
Kim
QUOTE (J. Packer @ Jan 5 2011, 10:37 PM) *
I would say that, if speed is important in these things, I'm happy rolling initiative, perception checks and the like, to keep the ball rolling. It all depends on you guys. Some folks like the level of "gaming" feel they get from making those rolls. Others don't care nearly so much.

So I'll let you five decide.

Please roll for me.
klinktastic
I mean, initiative wise, I think people are confused because "chase combat" turns are like 1 minute long, or 20 standard combat turns, because they are more abstract. So stuff that would take "complex" or "simple" actions are a little more loosely defined when you have that much time.

I think letting JP roll initiative & perception for all of us would streamline our progress and reduce the wait time. This is how I invision it working:

1. JP rolls initiative, establishes the order.
2. People review the order, and type out their intended actions
3. Make decisions on use of edge to change order

Then we can roll for there. Idk, worth a shot to see how it works. That way if the turn gets resolved while I'm away, we're continuing forward instead of waiting for me.

For point 2, not always realistic, but in a situation alike this, I'm going to be driving, Doc and Wolf are gonna be shooting, Kim might be casting spells, Cody's trying to figure out how to contribute. But our actions are pretty obvious. At that point, we can roll up all of our stuff for the whole turn, with a caveat that if something wierd happens, we can make an adjustment to our intended actions.

Edit - I did post up my rolls on the wiki but I can't find them know. As per the other group, we should have at least all of your basic rolls avaliable to you. Do you want them on the wiki, or in an email for quick references or what?
klinktastic
Anyway, the only reason I bring this up is that it shouldn't take over 2 days to get 1 combat turn done. One a day seems reasonable. Two turns per day would be ideal.
J. Packer
To keep things a little realistic, I did ask for folks who could post once a day. If that's the case, we'd be lucky to get through one IP a day. Some of us are just junkies is all. smile.gif
J. Packer
Anyone else, feel free to chime in. You're going to have a hard time targeting the guy out front, as he is out front and the windshield is still intact. But the other five are fair game.
klinktastic
Well, if thats the case, Sleep is going to have to target a different biker for her 2nd IP of turn 1.

Turn 2 Initiatives so far:

Riot = 15
Cody = 8
Kim = 7

Z and Sleep obviously haven't rolled.

Why dont you roll up their initiatives, progress the battle, and let Sleep and yourself modify posts 235 and 236.
SleepIncarnate
Oi, I just woke up and you're all talking about rolling for me (on days for a couple). Let me take a second shot at the guys in back then I'll roll initiative for the 2nd round.

Shot 1 (7d6.hits(5)=4) 4 hits
Shot 2 (6d6.hits(5)=2) 2 hits

Initiative (8d6.hits(5)=0) Glitch on Initiative.... or would be if you could glitch it.... looks like I'm going on 8
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012