Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Denver Missions Team 2
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28
Kim
QUOTE (klinktastic @ Jan 20 2011, 04:54 PM) *
You have 3 minutes from your last time stamp. Just edit into your last point, that you went out to the parking and jumped in.

I could do that, but then you will not have been paid by Hafiz, since he wasn't with you but with me.
klinktastic
QUOTE (Kim @ Jan 20 2011, 09:57 AM) *
I could do that, but then you will not have been paid by Hafiz, since he wasn't with you but with me.

Esoteric details.
J. Packer
QUOTE (Kim @ Jan 20 2011, 08:57 AM) *

He could have given you the starting funds to distribute to your team. Easy peasy.
Zyerne
Or it happened off camera and we don't need to worry about it
klinktastic
I mean, JP already said you can be in the car. We already got the money, since it was included in one of my posts. Edit if you need to and lets move on. We've wasted a half of a day on this insignificant point already.
klinktastic
@JP - You want us to intiate the scene at Hardpan or are you?
J. Packer
I will, I just need a bit more time. Big job interview this afternoon. Who takes an hour and a half to interview someone, honestly...
klinktastic
Yeah, that's how it is these days. I had multiple phone interviews and then a 4 hours office interview to get my current job. Anyway, good luck, hope you rock it out.
BlackHat
Yeah, good luck on the job!
Zyerne
Is there any noticeable leaning towards either Lakota or Dakota Sioux or is it a general mix? Roll Wolf's NAN Customs if you need to, 7 dice.
J. Packer
QUOTE (Zyerne @ Jan 20 2011, 08:05 PM) *
Is there any noticeable leaning towards either Lakota or Dakota Sioux or is it a general mix? Roll Wolf's NAN Customs if you need to, 7 dice.

It doesn't appear to lean one way or the other, a roughly even mix.
BlackHat
Prepared to say something to the bartender if she doesn't speak up first, but I figured I'd give her the chance (and I have to go to bed). Will say something in the morning if JP doesn't beat me to the punch.
BlackHat
Got to reading that fanfic intro, JP (and was surprised I had to go back 4 pages to find it. We move fast!).
I enjoyed it, especially the little details like the linguasoft bringing out strange memories. If you get more done, definitely give me a link. Diverse little group you put together there, but sadly no humans (poor SR humans). wink.gif
BlackHat
Coming up with something to say that doesn't make Kreskin sound like a tool or a narc is turning out to be harder than I thought. I'll just post something short, and maybe give JP a chance to let me know if my perception check (Wolf might want ot make one too) gives us any clues, or how well the etiquette test goes towards easing up the situation. For all I know, the bartender is gonna be nice when we get there, but I doubt it from the description.
J. Packer
QUOTE (BlackHat @ Jan 21 2011, 07:40 AM) *
Coming up with something to say that doesn't make Kreskin sound like a tool or a narc is turning out to be harder than I thought. I'll just post something short, and maybe give JP a chance to let me know if my perception check (Wolf might want ot make one too) gives us any clues, or how well the etiquette test goes towards easing up the situation. For all I know, the bartender is gonna be nice when we get there, but I doubt it from the description.

Went back and edited my response to your narc-free commentary, to add the results of your perception check.
J. Packer
QUOTE (BlackHat @ Jan 21 2011, 06:17 AM) *
Got to reading that fanfic intro, JP (and was surprised I had to go back 4 pages to find it. We move fast!).
I enjoyed it, especially the little details like the linguasoft bringing out strange memories. If you get more done, definitely give me a link. Diverse little group you put together there, but sadly no humans (poor SR humans). wink.gif

Yeah, I realized as I was writing it that if I added a human fifth at the last minute, I'd have the Shadowrun equivalent of a United Colors of Beneton ad.

I've got another scene with the same guys, much farther along in the story, but it's just a brief scene, no real plot or resolution yet.
BlackHat
Is there any music playing (and if so, what kind, if not are there trideos or anything? what are they showing)? Do I see a lot of weapons on the people here (not small arms, but the kind of over the top shit you expect from runners)? Is it well-lit, or are there dark corners where Shadow-dealings might go on?

Your initial post about the place said something about faces and reputations from the shadows - does that mean we actually recognize anyone here? I assume since Kreskin, at least, is new to the city (and not an Amerind) he doesn't know them, but if he does, that would be interesting.

I guess I had the impression (and it could be from reading previous posts wrong) that this was a runner bar (maybe an exclusively Sioux runner bar), as opposed to an exclusively Sioux bar, where runners happened to meet from time to time. If every single one of these Sioux guys is a mage, hacker, street-sam, etc then its a pretty different situation than if they're just a bunch fo Sioux hanging out at a bar, and a few of them have some connection to the Shadows.
BlackHat
Oh yeah, was anyone in the bar doing anything fun (darts, cards, etc) before we walked in, or where they just drinking and talking amongst themselves? Are they still looking at us all children of the corn, or do they go back to their drinks?
J. Packer
It is a locals-only sort of watering hole, with the understanding that the Sioux lands are pretty wild and people tend to be rugged individualists and interested in self defense. Sioux warriors drink here, as do Sioux shadowrunners.

The references to faces and reputations, I pulled that straight out of the documentation, and so I'll say that, as you're trying to ingratiate yourself with the bartender, you overhear references to names you've heard of - not that they're necessarily all present.

There is loud music playing, alternating between tribal rock, country and a kind of tribally influenced techno.

There are the usual parlor games - darts and the like - being played, and once the initial shock has worn off, most folks go back to whatever they were doing when you arrived.
BlackHat
Thanks, that helps clarify my picture.
BlackHat
Moved it forward a little (assuming Wolf will pick out something). The credstick was one of Kreskin's 25s, which should cover two normal drinks (and a 150% tip). If Wolf has expensive tastes, Kreskin will pull out more.
Zyerne
Tempted to order Kreskin milk.

Wondering if it might be better to let me field the bartender's question IC rather than glossing over it. I got the impression the bartender wasn't quite ready to talk to Kreskin yet.

klinktastic
QUOTE (Zyerne @ Jan 21 2011, 12:03 PM) *

LOL
BlackHat
QUOTE (Zyerne @ Jan 21 2011, 01:03 PM) *

Wondering if it might be better to let me field the bartender's question IC rather than glossing over it. I got the impression the bartender wasn't quite ready to talk to Kreskin yet.

Sure, I'll edit mine out for now, and put it back later. Wasn't sure if yuo were around, and didn't want to hold things up.
Zyerne
Just stuffing a pizza down, I'll get something up in a few mins
J. Packer
And just because I post twenty thousand times a day, does not mean you have to as well. Things will likely slow down a great deal if I get this other job...
klinktastic
QUOTE (J. Packer @ Jan 21 2011, 12:18 PM) *
And just because I post twenty thousand times a day, does not mean you have to as well. Things will likely slow down a great deal if I get this other job...

No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
J. Packer
QUOTE (klinktastic @ Jan 21 2011, 11:18 AM) *
No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The other option is for you to pay me 12.5K a year to stay at my current gig. And, if that one folds underneath me, be ready to pick up the full tab. I'm okay with being a professional GM as well...
klinktastic
Well maybe for the first month you'll be pretending to be more busy. At my new gig, I get paid more, and work less. It's great!
BlackHat
Looks like its all you, Wolf. biggrin.gif Kreskin's happy to help, but I get the impression that having him agree with anything you say would just lose you points, here. wink.gif
Zyerne
This is where I regret putting off getting Tribal spec for ettiquette.
BlackHat
Consider it a perfect opportunity to train up on it for the karma you'll spend later.
klinktastic
Don't forget you get +1 dice for our street cred...
BlackHat
QUOTE (klinktastic @ Jan 21 2011, 02:58 PM) *
Don't forget you get +1 dice for our street cred...

Only once your rep might come into play. I'm sure we'll be introducing ourselves as runners soon enough, though.
Kim
Do you guys even have an idea what you want to do inside the bar?
klinktastic
Their going to ask the bartender about the Black Cats I assume. Probably just waiting until the attention is off of them a bit. It would be a little weird to just roll in and start peppering her with questions. But alas, that's my hope. I do not know for certain.
BlackHat
Idea, yes. Implementation, no. smile.gif
I figure, if we come in immediately asking question about the black cats, the people here will think we're Knight Errant or that we're gonna cause trouble for their friends. I want to drop the hint that we're runners, who were looking for a runner bar to network in, and see if we can get pointed at someone in the shadows (maybe a runner team or maybe a fixer or something). THen, somehow, once we're on someone's good side, maybe we suggsest the cats, and see if they can arrange a meeting somewhere all nice and pieceful like.

Not sure how to convince them that we just want some info, and that we're not looking to compromise one of the Cat's jobs (which is exactly what we ARE doing).

Also, I'm pretty sure image link just lets you forward image data to your contacts. I don't think it is the same as having a camera in your contact lenses. See cybereyes, which have both as separate augmentations.
BlackHat
(double post)
BlackHat
Reread imagelink (p333 SR4A) and its pretty clear it just lets you see what your commlink shows you. It doesn't record what you see for your commlink to transmit.
Kim
As long as you have a plan smile.gif

I think you contact a team through their fixer, but that'll have problems too.
BlackHat
Yeah, I mean, unless the BCs are still guarding B, I think all we're really hoping to learn through them is who they were working for probably starting by who the Johnson was, finding him and then finding out who he works for. We might get the same info from the fixer who got them the job, but either way, I don't think any of them will be eager to help us.

If they ARE still holding B, they're definitely not going to help us, and letting them hear that we're asking around about them would be pretty bad.

And all of THAT assumes we're not barking up the wrong tree altogether. biggrin.gif

Main thing seems to be we need to approach the situation delicately. Also, I think it would be sweet if we could make it out of the bar wit a new contact, who deals in the Shadows.
Kim
Yeah, I think that if you go after the BCs the best you can hope for is their number and unless we can trace it to a location we're getting nowhere.

My plan would be to tell the bartender our team is looking for work and that we heard this was a good place to start.... hoping she'll get you in contact with a fixer.... hopefully the same as the BCs. At least noone would know we're looking for the BCs, but a lot of luck needed.
Zyerne
Unfortunately Wolf doesn't actually care if they know he's looking for the Cats
Kim
QUOTE (Zyerne @ Jan 22 2011, 12:24 AM) *
Unfortunately Wolf doesn't actually care if they know he's looking for the Cats

That's fine... just write you wait 10 minutes drinking your beer before you start asking questions and get on with it smile.gif
klinktastic
QUOTE (Kim @ Jan 21 2011, 05:32 PM) *
That's fine... just write you wait 10 minutes drinking your beer before you start asking questions and get on with it smile.gif

Yeah, I'm all for the theatrics, but please progress the scenes a bit fast than one sentence at a time. You can multi timestamp to get to the heart of the scene. We've progressed like 20 minutes in 3 days....
Zyerne
Klink, tone down the impatience. We get that you want the game to run fast and that you're happy to narrate on behalf of other chars to see that it does. I'm not, it'll progress when it progresses.
Kim
Changed Angel's timeline in the IC thread to make it fit with the rest of the posts.

[Saturday April 9th, 2072 | 5:05pm | Denver, Sioux Sector, The Horse Trot Ranch]
<<Angel@Riot - All done here.>>
Zyerne
Added some time to the Hardpan timestamp. As it stood, we were in and out in 60 seconds.
Kim
Kim thinks we’re screwed for taking the job, but is pretty convinced B won’t be killed. She’s ready to go to a bar and celebrate the 3k we earned.

I hope someone else comes up with a better plan.
Zyerne
She can do that, when we succeed, we'll split the rest of her share between the rest of us.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012