Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Denver Missions Team 2
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28
J. Packer
So, everyone tell me what relevant knowledge skill you have that you'd like to roll against, or what contact you're going to use and what relevant info you're going to give them to work from.

Either here or in IC, whichever works best for you.
Zyerne
Can you answer my question first? smile.gif
J. Packer
QUOTE (Zyerne @ Jan 18 2011, 07:55 PM) *
@JP - reposting incase you missed it.

You're right. It's a bit of a mixup. The knife says Aztec native. The masks say Lakota Sioux. Otherwise, all you have is a narrowing down of race - no ork, troll or dwarf would have that overall shape - and gender.
Zyerne
Ok, I personally want a NAN customs roll to establish, if possible, whether they are Real lakota or just faking for the camera. Will post contact related in IC shortly.
klinktastic
Since they're wearing Sioux masks, they probably planted the dagger to throw us off.
Zyerne
Speaking of which, has the dagger/room been assensed yet?
klinktastic
Yeah, Kim went astral...JP said notta. As BlackHat told me, it would have to have been force 8-9 spells casted based on the timing between the kidnap and now.
J. Packer
Nothing to do with this game, but does Dumpshock have a place for the posting of original SR fiction?
Zyerne
NAN customs (7d6.hits(5)=3)

Real Lakota or faked for the camera?
klinktastic
QUOTE (J. Packer @ Jan 18 2011, 09:12 PM) *
Nothing to do with this game, but does Dumpshock have a place for the posting of original SR fiction?

Maybe in the community projects? I guess you could ask the moderators to put up a SR fan fiction thread. I'd like to read it though.
J. Packer
QUOTE (Zyerne @ Jan 18 2011, 08:15 PM) *
NAN customs (7d6.hits(5)=3)

Real Lakota or faked for the camera?

Given the resolution of the camera, it's not 100%, but that sure looks real to you.
Zyerne
I meant the overall look rather than just the masks. Anyone could put a Comanche mask on, not everyone could look Comanche.
J. Packer
QUOTE (Zyerne @ Jan 18 2011, 08:20 PM) *
I meant the overall look rather than just the masks. Anyone could put a Comanche mask on, not everyone could look Comanche.

Ah, well, that's where it breaks down. Lakota Sioux don't traditionally wear light body armor in all black.
J. Packer
QUOTE (klinktastic @ Jan 18 2011, 08:17 PM) *
Maybe in the community projects? I guess you could ask the moderators to put up a SR fan fiction thread. I'd like to read it though.

I asked Bull. We'll see what he says.

I've only got a little bit written. I can share it on google docs though...

Try this:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1GKByfSg...uthkey=CPr8798O
Zyerne
They wearing helmets? If not, hairstyles should give a clue.
klinktastic
deleted
J. Packer
QUOTE (Zyerne @ Jan 18 2011, 08:33 PM) *
They wearing helmets? If not, hairstyles should give a clue.

All three women have short, dark hair, or if it's longer, it's braided or otherwise pulled up tight to their heads.
Zyerne
Type of braiding would probably be tribe specific. I'll grant you bad vid resolution if the mission says "don't tell them!".
J. Packer
QUOTE (Zyerne @ Jan 18 2011, 09:01 PM) *
Type of braiding would probably be tribe specific. I'll grant you bad vid resolution if the mission says "don't tell them!".

It's not terribly specific, but I'll give you that your feeling is that these are legitimate Lakota women - with the understanding that most of the NAN are populated by people who are only minority NAN themselves, ethnically.
klinktastic
Well those of you with fixer contacts must have heard of a runner team. Kim, up to you to see what your contact knows. Doc, would your sister know much of runners in Denver?

BlackHat = Try both Peaches and the Koshari Longfeather. He might know something too.
klinktastic
JP need a ruling on how to implement a trace. Since its long gone, unless he's running an active stealth on the node he originated from and is trying to redirect my trace actively, it should be a computer+trace (10, complex action), meaning in VR, it should take me about 2 or 3 combat turns (~20 seconds). Obviously I need to roll incase I glitch or anything. Let me know. P. 232 in SR4A for description and tables.
J. Packer
QUOTE (klinktastic @ Jan 19 2011, 08:23 AM) *
JP need a ruling on how to implement a trace. Since its long gone, unless he's running an active stealth on the node he originated from and is trying to redirect my trace actively, it should be a computer+trace (10, complex action), meaning in VR, it should take me about 2 or 3 combat turns (~20 seconds). Obviously I need to roll incase I glitch or anything. Let me know. P. 232 in SR4A for description and tables.

Good point. Give me the rolls, just in case, and I'll post the results.
klinktastic
QUOTE (J. Packer @ Jan 19 2011, 09:25 AM) *
Good point. Give me the rolls, just in case, and I'll post the results.

http://www.catchyourhare.com/diceroller/

Pword = Armor

1 Computer + 3 Track + 1 PuSHeD + 2 VR = 7d6
[ Spoiler ]

Let me know if you need more rolls.
BlackHat
If Hafiz says they haven't already asked Tabby, I'll contact her. Might as well ping Peaches too, even if just to touch bases since she never called me back about getting drinks at the 5x5. Kreskin would probably call Raven Longfeather too, unless Wolf mentions that he already did (which would be nice, because otherwise Kreskin will look like a fool!).

@JP: Did you want me to roll against their various connection ratings to see if they are even available? or just let me know how it goes and handle the rolls yourself?
Kim
Is Belenkiy wearing the same clothes when he is carried out of his room as when he last entered it?
Zyerne
Wolf's fixer is a woman named Raven. He wasn't contacting Mark Longfeather.
BlackHat
Oh, my bad. I just thought you were calling him Raven because of the Raven mask. biggrin.gif okay, I'll have Kreskin try to contact Longfeather as well.
klinktastic
@ - you're killing me. I only know like 4 shadowrun lingo words...and you're taking one away from me!!!!
Zyerne
Here's a few more...

http://www.shadowrun4.com/resources/slang.shtml
BlackHat
Before I finish the IC for the calls to contacts, was it made clear that we think that the ladies are amerind? or do the masks/armor cover up anything that would let us be sure? IIRC, Wolf thinks they're Lakota, but hasn't said as much, right?
Kim
Kim is not going to investigate someone who just happens to smoke the same kind of cigarettes.
klinktastic
Does Kim not want to get paid? We have 2 leads...both are establishments. We don't have names of people. It's apparent that the cigarettes are distinctive, since the flavor text specifically points them out repeatedly. Could be a red herring, but I doubt it.
Zyerne
Wolf hasn't mentioned Lakota but I think the team has the general impression that they are Amerind,
Kim
I don't really care if it's a real lead or not. Kim thinks it's just stupid to waste her time like that.
klinktastic
Well, let us know.
Kim
Still waiting for the answer to my question, before I can post.
Kim
I think we should split up btw.... too many things to do.
klinktastic
Never split up, especially when you're going to the hangouts of known runners and gangsters. That's just...stupid.

Plus we have one van, and we're out of the city, meaning public trans isn't as easy to come by.
klinktastic
QUOTE (Kim @ Jan 19 2011, 10:02 AM) *
Is Belenkiy wearing the same clothes when he is carried out of his room as when he last entered it?

And this is bump on Kim's question
J. Packer
Sorry guys, work intervenes. Yes, Belenkiy is in the same clothing, minus a jacket, as he was wearing the night before.
klinktastic
@BH - you forgot to include that they leave an obsidan knife and/or a feather as a signature.
BlackHat
Popped off a couple of messages IC, but let me know if you want me to roll anything to get a hold of them, or if you just want to handle figuring out if they're available, or if they know anything. biggrin.gif
BlackHat
QUOTE (klinktastic @ Jan 19 2011, 01:25 PM) *
@BH - you forgot to include that they leave an obsidan knife and/or a feather as a signature.

That's cause I'm not convinced its a signature, especially the feather, which was under the pillow. They could be, but I don't know. I think a trio of female amerind runners (which is also an assumption at this point) is distinctive enough, and if either of the contacts needs me to narrow that down for them, I can bring up some of the other clues.
klinktastic
QUOTE (BlackHat @ Jan 19 2011, 12:26 PM) *
That's cause I'm not convinced its a signature, especially the feather, which was under the pillow. They could be, but I don't know. I think a trio of female amerind runners (which is also an assumption at this point) is distinctive enough, and if either of the contacts needs me to narrow that down for them, I can bring up some of the other clues.

Actually your logic is false. The dagger was obvious, so thats the fake. The feather was hidden, probably not. Plus we have known Amerind runner team, planting fake Aztec knife. I'm no NAN expert, but feathers and indians do have some correlation. Shit they wear them in head dresses.

Which is also why you say they possibly leave a signature of x and/or y.
BlackHat
Maybe... I just think that if you're going to leave a signature, you're going to leave it out in the open (like the knife was) not hide it (like the feather) - but I could be wrong. Like I said before, I think anything left behind was either planted there to throw us off, or belongs to the vic. Either way, its best to work with what we DO know about the women, rather than what we're just assuming (except for the runner bit, since that is the only reason I think either of these two contacts might know anything about them in the first place).

It could be that the team just has the "Signature" negative quality, and compulsively HAS to leave clues leading back to it... but then if I were going to hire that team to steal a guy that I wanted to ransom for a quarter mill, I'd probably skip over them and hire a team that ISN'T known for intentionally leaving clues behind. smile.gif

It just seems much more likely to me that the clues would be more likely to throw us off, than give us information, so if either of the contacts can point us at an all-female team of three amerinds, without me having to bring up our speculation about an Aztech connection, then awesome. If not, I can always bring up the other clues, and see if those ring any other bells. And the best-case scenario is that I don't have to mention either of those things, and to have one of the contacts mention it, instead - because then we actually have some reason to believe that the clue is legitimate, and not a plant.
klinktastic
Well we are making an assumption thats the team consists of 3 amerinds females only. There could be more, but they were providing matrix support or cover and therefore your assertion is invalid, leaving us with the only possible answer a contact could give us is, "well I don't know any runner teams of just 3 female amerinds."

What you should say should include the following:

1. At least three female amerinds in team
2. Potentially leave a signature when they pull off a mission, could be an obsidan knife and/or a feather wrapped in a leather pouch
3. Here is an attachment with pictures of each items and the runners

Unintended benefit, we don't have to bug our loyalty 1 contacts over and over with additional info. I'm just saying...

@JP - Where are the two locations, Marcels and the Amerind place? South of here, closer to the city proper?
BlackHat
I also wanted to keep it brief, and not forward evidence around unnecessarily if they aren't available to help us. I can fill them in on all of this if JP actually has them call me back, but you did make a good point about the fact that it might be more than three. I'll send another message clarifying that part.
klinktastic
QUOTE (BlackHat @ Jan 19 2011, 12:56 PM) *
I also wanted to keep it brief, and not forward evidence around unnecessarily if they aren't available to help us. I can fill them in on all of this if JP actually has them call me back, but you did make a good point about the fact that it might be more than three. I'll send another message clarifying that part.

just amend your inital message, I don't think he's been on since its his lunch time.
BlackHat
Meh, makes more sense for Kreskin to have goofed. biggrin.gif If our contacts don't wanna get spamed by Kreskin's messages, they should pick up their fragging comms when he calls!
J. Packer
Back in your court, kids.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012