Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Denver Missions Team 2
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28
BlackHat
I think the assensing roll was above
Kim
QUOTE (J. Packer @ Dec 20 2010, 06:03 PM) *
Now that you've made that decision, it's about ten minutes away from where you were before.

And I'll gladly let Kim snap back before you make the decision to drive away with her corpse - she just need to decide if she's going to do any assensing while she's there, or just come back to report what she saw upon arriving.

I did roll already.
klinktastic
I think that J Packer was saying you can take the astral jaunt back if you want Kim. Since the car was already moving when you went off. Or, we can retcon you did it once we got in the car, prior to me taking it. In which case, you might want to let someone know. I don't have magic knowledge skills.
BlackHat
QUOTE (klinktastic @ Dec 20 2010, 12:19 PM) *
I think that J Packer was saying you can take the astral jaunt back if you want Kim. Since the car was already moving when you went off. Or, we can retcon you did it once we got in the car, prior to me taking it. In which case, you might want to let someone know. I don't have magic knowledge skills.

Oddly, Kreskin does. I'll bring it up, unless Angel is going to pop back right away. smile.gif
klinktastic
In any case, there's gonna be a few retcons in the IC posts.
J. Packer
Alright, got the assensing roll, will update the IC thread momentarily.

What it boils down to is that I need to stop assuming that you yahoos stop talking while I'm typing. I typed right past two or three posts there, and didn't notice them once I'd moved on! smile.gif
klinktastic
Yeah, should we have a OOC rolling thread and a discussion thread?
BlackHat
Or maybe inline the rolls (spoilered) with our IC posts, so its easy to reference them?
J. Packer
QUOTE (BlackHat @ Dec 20 2010, 10:29 AM) *
Or maybe inline the rolls (spoilered) with our IC posts, so its easy to reference them?

I think I like this option best. I'll use spoiler blocks in IC to request rolls, you can use them to post them with a description to go along with if appropriate.
BlackHat
Ready to edit my IC if it turns out Angel makes it back before we've really headed out. smile.gif Otherwise, Kreskin can remind everyone to circle around so she can find us.
BlackHat
Also, made some assumptions about Riot's driving, since he's a combat biker, hopped up on cram, and probably not rolling infiltration to drive around like he's blending in (not that we really need to at this point, but I wanted to drop the hint that if we do need to later, Kreskin's skills should translate).
klinktastic
Ha, no need to bust out all my moves yet!

Quick edit - No need to retcon, BlackHat and I got the van turned around.
Kim
edited my earlier empty post, will make a new post back in the van once I figure out the timeline
klinktastic
Thank you.

@JP - You can roll us forward 10 minutes to the pickup of Striker at Sloan Park.
Kim
QUOTE (klinktastic @ Dec 20 2010, 10:14 PM) *
[Monday April 4th, 2072 | 4:53pm | Van heading to Sloan Lake]
Riot: PAN = passive | Fake SiN = Jim Smith

"Ha! If I knew you were a mage, we could have sent you 10 minutes ago to figure that out instead of arguing. We can do that for the next border crossing. Oh yeah, we're going to pick up wth coyote anyway."

Your time is 2 minutes off.

If Riot is trying to get on Kim’s nerves, he's succeeding.
Kim doesn't like him to insinuate he could have sent her anywhere.
Kim doesn't think they argued, she thinks he insulted her and then ran away.
Kim doesn't like to hear that the plans got changed while she was gone for a few minutes and most of all she doesn't like the way he said it.
klinktastic
Editted the time to 4:55

@JP - Is there anyway to do some driving checks to make up ground without speeding? Or is that more of a navigation check?

@Kim - At least I didn't say I told you so, but thats only because I didn't think of it until now. Also, I didn't run away, the van was moving when you left, not my fault. But glad we got that issue worked out.
klinktastic
@Kim - I want to get your thoughts about our interplay so far. Right now, as Riot, I'm feeling like you undercut me when I tried to assert control, which would have annoyed/pissed him off. I know Angel has issues with control. Riot isn't petty, but our tiff is quite recent. Do you think it would be fun to continue to play out the dynamic for a while? Or would you rather find a way to RP out a resolution/understanding between our characters?
J. Packer
QUOTE (klinktastic @ Dec 20 2010, 02:47 PM) *
Editted the time to 4:55

@JP - Is there anyway to do some driving checks to make up ground without speeding? Or is that more of a navigation check?

@Kim - At least I didn't say I told you so, but thats only because I didn't think of it until now. Also, I didn't run away, the van was moving when you left, not my fault. But glad we got that issue worked out.

I already shave a minute off the drive, riffing on Kreskin's cracks about your driving... smile.gif
Kim
I just meant to say that Riot and Kim don't have to like eachother, but they do have to work together.
It's up to you and me to make that happen and if I don't tell you what Kim's thinking it might get difficult to keep things realistic later on. Of course things would have to escalate a lot before that happens, but I thought better to say something about it early on.

I did not mean to say you should change the way you play Riot!
klinktastic
@Kim - Oh I know. Just wanted to get your input or thoughts on long ranging intra-character dynamic. Every once in a while I'll post up my thoughts, that way we can all garner a sense of how things are going. Glad we're on the same page.

Perception Check:

[ Spoiler ]
J. Packer
Can I just applaud the very grown up way you're both handling this level of roleplay? It's refreshing to see it handled well. I've seen it botched too many times in person, and will admit, was feeling a little tense about it before your recent exchange.

That said, it definitely leads to interesting options in the future that you might not get with a team who're all "consummate professionals" all the time. smile.gif
klinktastic
QUOTE (J. Packer @ Dec 20 2010, 04:12 PM) *
Can I just applaud the very grown up way you're both handling this level of roleplay? It's refreshing to see it handled well. I've seen it botched too many times in person, and will admit, was feeling a little tense about it before your recent exchange.

That said, it definitely leads to interesting options in the future that you might not get with a team who're all "consummate professionals" all the time. smile.gif

Of course you can! Just remember that when awarding karma at the end of the run!!!!
Kim
QUOTE (klinktastic @ Dec 20 2010, 11:10 PM) *
@Kim - Oh I know. Just wanted to get your input or thoughts on long ranging intra-character dynamic. Every once in a while I'll post up my thoughts, that way we can all garner a sense of how things are going. Glad we're on the same page.

Let's just see how it plays out.

Good to see you know I'm not mad at you or something.
J. Packer
QUOTE (Kim @ Dec 20 2010, 03:16 PM) *
Let's just see how it plays out.

Good to see you know I'm not mad at you or something.

Yeah...Klink, you sure you're okay playing an Ork biker? I mean, you're pretty level headed and all that. smile.gif
klinktastic
QUOTE (J. Packer @ Dec 20 2010, 04:30 PM) *
Yeah...Klink, you sure you're okay playing an Ork biker? I mean, you're pretty level headed and all that. smile.gif

I've had this concept in the memory bank for a while. We've had such good RP too. Everyone's made such dynamic characters and we all have fair social skills, except the Doc, but has uncouth, which is a social emphasized flaw. We're giving each other a lot of ammo to play with.
Kim
Hmmm, just changed my posts; I was still in Denim Nightclub Basement ....noone noticed?
I only paid attention to the time.
klinktastic
I know, we are getting tripped up on our time/location stamps a bit. So just waiting on Sleep to post a perception roll. Looks like Angel might get to tell Riot I told you so.
Kim
Yay... I'm not the only one... Doc is still in the alley
SleepIncarnate
I swear, a girl goes to brief for a mission, gone 30 minutes, and then there's posting like mad. And then when everything changes and she doesn't have time to post before having to step and flies a 6 hour mission, making me spend a lot of time getting caught up. Good thing the Doc is a dwarf of few words.
J. Packer
QUOTE (SleepIncarnate @ Dec 20 2010, 07:05 PM) *
I swear, a girl goes to brief for a mission, gone 30 minutes, and then there's posting like mad. And then when everything changes and she doesn't have time to post before having to step and flies a 6 hour mission, making me spend a lot of time getting caught up. Good thing the Doc is a dwarf of few words.

I apologise for some of that. The others, they get so excited, and I'm bad at holding back until everyone gets a say. embarrassed.gif

I promise I'll wait for more until you've had a chance to post this time, Doc.
SleepIncarnate
Most nights aren't as hectic as this one was, our mission got changed literally right after we got done briefing, and the mission commander wanted to get together and discuss the new mission plans. And I have tonight (it's 8am here now) off, so I can post a bit in between working on a 10 page paper for a philosophy class. Of course, I have tonight off because my schedule is changing so my hours on will change too. Go deployed life, whoo! rotfl.gif
klinktastic
Ok, looks like Angel went astral and to scout ahead. Is she trying to mindlink with the Coyote before he leaves the van?
Kim
QUOTE (klinktastic @ Dec 21 2010, 02:02 PM) *
Ok, looks like Angel went astral and to scout ahead. Is she trying to mindlink with the Coyote before he leaves the van?

She just did astral perception when the coyote was in front of the van and she tried the mindlink as soon as the coyote returned to the van...... timestamps are correct I think. Depending on his reaction the posts after that might have to change.
BlackHat
Since we're being paranoid, I might as well have Kreskin buy a few hits on a Negotiation (Sense Motive) test to see if we're being lied to by the Coyote, although he's not particularly worried about it (unless he thinks we are). He'd be chucking 12 dice (Charisma 5 + Negotiation (Sense Motive) 5 + First Impression 2), so probably 3 hits.
SleepIncarnate
Apparantly there was nothing out there either cause I never saw any response to my looking for heat signitures.
J. Packer
I should have been more explicit. No, your searches and continued perception tests were coming up totally blank. Either they were really good at hiding, the coyote is professionally paranoid, or...
SleepIncarnate
There's a reason the Doc loaded her shotgun and keeps it on hand...
J. Packer
Kim, I'll need to know when you stop your astral perception. The rest of you, I'll need to know how you respond to the fellow when you arrive in the CAS and how you proceed.
klinktastic
@J Packer - A few posts back (well more than a few) you said that my knowledge of smuggling routes said I knew one that might be of benefit here. Based on how much time we have, does that seem like a possible passage?
J. Packer
QUOTE (klinktastic @ Dec 21 2010, 07:49 AM) *
@J Packer - A few posts back (well more than a few) you said that my knowledge of smuggling routes said I knew one that might be of benefit here. Based on how much time we have, does that seem like a possible passage?

Found it back on page 3. You have a good idea of a route that would have worked, but it involved going up into Sioux territory instead of straight across the CAS. Now, it would necessitate another border crossing to get into Sioux lands, then use your route into the UCAS.
klinktastic
Ok, that's what I thought. We'll nix that then.
Zyerne
@JP: Wolf was calling Peaches a few posts back.
sabs
so I find it funny that you guys used the coyote, and we went throught he border smile.gif and we're on identical time-stamps.
J. Packer
QUOTE (sabs @ Dec 21 2010, 08:48 AM) *
so I find it funny that you guys used the coyote, and we went throught he border smile.gif and we're on identical time-stamps.

I just noticed that myself. Interesting how that worked out... I know you won't believe your devious GM, but that was totally not planned...

Wolf, see the IC thread for your response.
Zyerne
Can't see it, which post?
J. Packer
Yeah, me either. Not sure what happened. Maybe I previewed and then forgot to post? I have posted it again. If it shows up twice, my gremlins must be showing.
Kim
QUOTE (J. Packer @ Dec 21 2010, 03:49 PM) *
Kim, I'll need to know when you stop your astral perception. The rest of you, I'll need to know how you respond to the fellow when you arrive in the CAS and how you proceed.

Umm, I though Kim stopped as soon as the coyote returned to the van, but let's just say she stops now, so you won't have to change your post.

Btw, Kim only saw what the coyote wanted to share ..... but it was convincing

Mindlink allows the caster and one voluntary subject to communicate
mentally, exchanging conversation, emotions, and mental images.
J. Packer
QUOTE (Kim @ Dec 21 2010, 09:25 AM) *
Umm, I though Kim stopped as soon as the coyote returned to the van, but let's just say she stops now, so you won't have to change your post.

Btw, Kim only saw what the coyote wanted to share ..... but it was convincing

Mindlink allows the caster and one voluntary subject to communicate
mentally, exchanging conversation, emotions, and mental images.

That'll work fine.

I tell you, it's a good thing I don't have astral perception in real life - I'd be OCD about it, constantly shifting between to ensure I wasn't missing anything.
Zyerne
Striker didn't strike me as a voluntary subject smile.gif
J. Packer
QUOTE (Zyerne @ Dec 21 2010, 09:37 AM) *
Striker didn't strike me as a voluntary subject smile.gif

Well, there's voluntary and *voluntary* - he allowed it, but he wasn't pleased with being called out. Kim, as is her wont thus far, made no friend of Striker.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012