Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Denver Missions Team 2
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28
Kim
QUOTE (J. Packer @ Dec 21 2010, 05:34 PM) *
That'll work fine.

I tell you, it's a good thing I don't have astral perception in real life - I'd be OCD about it, constantly shifting between to ensure I wasn't missing anything.

I think it would only be like that when it's new.... after a few years it won't be all that exciting. Besides I figure you'll need to focus to do it, so you'd get tired of it eventually.

@Zyerne: That's why Kim "asked".
J. Packer
Looks like a general consensus to use Peaches... I'll give a few before I assume you are heading down to 6th to make your way there.
klinktastic
Yup, feel free to post that we are heading to 6th and Havana.
BlackHat
Having a busy workday, but keepign tabs on things, just beign quiet. I approve of using another coyote, although I agree its likely that we are actually being followed (and also likely that the old coyote was paranoid). We should keep our guard up in case, and keep an eye out for tails.

klinktastic
yeah, pretty busy myself. I just posted up some IC dialogue about contingency planning in the event of an encounter with baddies. I'm recommending diplomacy and sleight of hand over brawling, but only if we have some choice in the matter. If they come guns blazing then we'll have to return in kind.
J. Packer
Alright, stern warning time. Stay in your appointed threads, lest you ruin any surprises for yourself. I'd hate for you to have to make decisions that make you meta-cry.
J. Packer
...doublepost...
klinktastic
Now's when I need to know if the van can be driven remote controlled? I'm assuming its a standard van with GridGuide/Link whatever.
J. Packer
QUOTE (klinktastic @ Dec 21 2010, 01:43 PM) *
Now's when I need to know if the van can be driven remote controlled? I'm assuming its a standard van with GridGuide/Link whatever.

Yup, your basic van. No rigger "black box" or anything like that, but you can give it basic instructions if you trust it's pilot value.
klinktastic
Well autonomous drone control and remote controlling are two different things - see page 247 of SR4A for full details, but remote control is me controlling it in AR or VR, but not "jumping in".

Autonomous DP for Maneuvering is Pilot + Maneuver

Remote Controlling DP for Maneuvering is Command + Vehicle Skill - which is considerably higher for me as well. Just means I can pilot it from not in the driver seat if necessary.

The final way to control a drone is to jump in, but that's not the kind of rigger I am...yet.
Kim
I wonder, since I got 0 hits on the perception test, if I still see the 2 groups coming towards us?
klinktastic
Yeah, we need to get you some eyewear with vision enhancement 3 on it. You need a little meat perception.
Zyerne
I actually made a mistake when I was doing Wolf's eyes. I forgot that vision enhancement capacity increases with rating.
klinktastic
QUOTE (Zyerne @ Dec 21 2010, 03:26 PM) *
I actually made a mistake when I was doing Wolf's eyes. I forgot that vision enhancement capacity increases with rating.

You can still slap some contacts on over cyber eyes. Or add it to a helmet if you want.
klinktastic
I'm kind of excited. Never done a PbP combat before. Most of time they fizzle out before you ever get to it.
Zyerne
I'm hoping JP will let me rework the sheet to fix it. I'm not gonna do it in the middle of the run though.
J. Packer
If there's one thing I've learned it's that no PC build survives the first run without discovering some things that were just not good choices, or not correctly configured. We can talk about changes to every PC after Package Palooza is over. smile.gif
SleepIncarnate
So far I'm actually pleased with the doc. Might tweak her gear a bit, but that's it (she soooooo needs a handgun).
klinktastic
I'm pretty happy with Riot. I need to steal a van or something for our running and to transport my drones. Drones arent as useful when you can't bring them around because of borders. Maybe start hacking drones?
Zyerne
Wolf needs some Intimidation I think. That and the eyes are the only changes I can think of.
klinktastic
Yah, personality-wise, I think we all hit homeruns!
SleepIncarnate
We started a day or two after Team 1, and we've already got at least twice as many posts as them in both our threads, definitely a lot more interaction between the members of our team. Might not be a GOOD thing, but it's definitely got to be more interesting.
J. Packer
I think that having five players instead of four makes a difference, too. Exponentially more opportunities to interact with one another.

I really figured you guys for being the slower party, as you were starting later, and had more overseas contingents...
SleepIncarnate
Just admit it, they're the professionals, we're the fun ones. rotfl.gif
Kim
I thought we weren't meant to be professional.
Kim
Should I actually ask the question IC, or will we assume that I will as soon as you allow the link?
SleepIncarnate
QUOTE (Kim @ Dec 21 2010, 04:41 PM) *
I thought we weren't meant to be professional.

We're not, I meant it more like they're trying to play it as an all out black hat style game, no one talks, they just do, and we on the other hand are playing it as, well, as we have been..... a bunch of amateurs in way over our heads who get along only for the prospect of money.
klinktastic
Yeah, I accepted, so fire away.

@JP - if cody and I work on conning them together. Is it separate con rolls? Or is there some sort of teamwork method to con them?
J. Packer
QUOTE (klinktastic @ Dec 21 2010, 03:51 PM) *
Yeah, I accepted, so fire away.

@JP - if cody and I work on conning them together. Is it separate con rolls? Or is there some sort of teamwork method to con them?

The rules actually anticipate that (pg 65, SR4A) - whoever is assisting makes a roll, and the number of hits is added to the main skill roll dice pool. So if you two want to play the tag team con, I'll let Cody roll with an extra three dice in his pool.
klinktastic
QUOTE (J. Packer @ Dec 21 2010, 04:55 PM) *
The rules actually anticipate that (pg 65, SR4A) - whoever is assisting makes a roll, and the number of hits is added to the main skill roll dice pool. So if you two want to play the tag team con, I'll let Cody roll with an extra three dice in his pool.

Sounds good to me.

Oh yea, I'm still looking for an exit opportunity. Does it look like I could worm my way out? Or is the traffic pretty crammed?
J. Packer
Right now traffic is tight - you could theoretically go over the berm, but you'd be risking serious damage to the van.
SleepIncarnate
Yeah, and a firefight between 13 people wouldn't cause that. Not at all..... the question is, which is likely to be worse?
BlackHat
QUOTE (J. Packer @ Dec 21 2010, 05:55 PM) *

I'm down with that, give me a few minutes to get a post together (despite being on vacation, my workday is just ending... OMG)...
klinktastic
I'm going to work out and then head home. Be back in 2 hours.
sabs
Well we've also got 2 people (me and thanee) who have basically opposite schedules smile.gif so when I'm able to post, she's flying the unfriendly skyes, and when she can post, I'm asleep smile.gif
SleepIncarnate
And we've got 2 people on the opposite end of the world. I'm literally 11 hours and 30 minutes ahead of the GM, prolly the lowest posting member of our group (except for tonight which I had off), so keep making your excuses, but back to your own thread.
Faraday
QUOTE (sabs @ Dec 21 2010, 03:36 PM) *
Well we've also got 2 people (me and thanee) who have basically opposite schedules smile.gif so when I'm able to post, she's flying the unfriendly skyes, and when she can post, I'm asleep smile.gif

And then we have 2 people sorta in between. It's bleh. frown.gif
Kim
QUOTE (BlackHat @ Dec 22 2010, 12:14 AM) *
I'm down with that, give me a few minutes to get a post together (despite being on vacation, my workday is just ending... OMG)...

The maximum dice bonus the primary character can receive
from teamwork is equal to that character’s skill.

Is the primary character the one who starts or can we pick Cody for it?
BlackHat
Ah, I did forget about that one. I don't think it would matter much. If Cody was assisting, he'd lose 3 dice off of the end of his roll (so 2 less hits), but would add 2 dice to riot's roll, which means he'd still have at least 4 hits, but could have more if those dice rolled hits.

Either way, I think we're looking at about 4 hits for this con. We'll pay more attention in the future.
Kim
QUOTE (BlackHat @ Dec 22 2010, 12:58 AM) *
Ah, I did forget about that one. I don't think it would matter much. If Cody was assisting, he'd lose 3 dice off of the end of his roll (so 2 less hits), but would add 2 dice to riot's roll, which means he'd still have at least 4 hits, but could have more if those dice rolled hits.

Either way, I think we're looking at about 4 hits for this con. We'll pay more attention in the future.

Cody's skill in con is 3, so you could get 3 more dice.
Riot's skill is one, so your roll only adds 1 die.

At least that's the way I read it.
BlackHat
Right. 3 is how many of Riot's I added, but what I meant was that if we flipped it so Cody was assisting and Riot was taking point, Cody would still get at least one hit to help, and since Riot had 4 hits before adding any of Cody's dice, the situation will be about the same (potentially better, but probably the same).
Kim
Ah, I see what you mean smile.gif

Pretty brave of Cody to leave the van btw, Kim would only consider it if there was no longer a driver.
klinktastic
I can drive even if I'm not in the driver seat lol
BlackHat
QUOTE (Kim @ Dec 21 2010, 07:14 PM) *
Pretty brave of Cody to leave the van btw, Kim would only consider it if there was no longer a driver.

When he dies... may none of you call him a coward.

Stupid, maybe, but coward? No.
Kim
Why is the con is this 4?

Assisted Con roll Charisma 5 + Con 4 + First Impression 2 + Trustworthy 1 + Assist Dice 3 = 15 dice

BlackHat
QUOTE (Kim @ Dec 21 2010, 07:21 PM) *
Why is the con is this 4?

Assisted Con roll Charisma 5 + Con 4 + First Impression 2 + Trustworthy 1 + Assist Dice 3 = 15 dice

Oh, lol, jsut a screw up on my end. smile.gif Okay, so lop a die off. Still doesn't change anything, but thanks for pointing that out. That'll teach me to assume I know my own stats.
SleepIncarnate
Oh don't worry, Doc has been calling him stupid the whole time.
BlackHat
Like I said:

QUOTE (BlackHat @ Dec 21 2010, 07:18 PM) *
Stupid, maybe, but coward? No.

Kim
QUOTE (SleepIncarnate @ Dec 22 2010, 01:23 AM) *
Oh don't worry, Doc has been calling him stupid the whole time.

~lol~ Nice to know Kim's not the only one who will stay in the van.
SleepIncarnate
She's been calling him stupid since the meet with the Johnson. As for staying in the van, of course she is. The doors are taller than her, she can use you all as metahuman shields.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012