Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Denver Missions Team 2
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28
Zyerne
That's not what I meant.

He offered us, as I read it, 7k on mission completion + 1k expenses up front. Not as a sweetner, but expenses. To me, that's 8k total.

Edit: replying to wrong post there. Oh well, the above expands on why I think it's 8k not 7k
klinktastic
QUOTE (Zyerne @ Jan 18 2011, 02:39 PM) *
Going back to his first offer, which I've just reread a little more closely...

It reads, to me, like 7k payment + 1k expenses,

Eh, I can see based on the phrasing used, but I think it was 7k total, 1k up front, which is now 7k total, 3k up front.
J. Packer
Yeah, let me clear that up now. 7K total. Originally 1K up front, now 3K up front.
klinktastic
QUOTE (J. Packer @ Jan 18 2011, 02:48 PM) *
Yeah, let me clear that up now. 7K total. Originally 1K up front, now 3K up front.

Thx for clarification. Let's accept and start pumping for info.
Kim
Anyway, 7k is more than double Kim expected.... she's happy. Of course she'll be a lot less happy if we can't bring the man back today.
Zyerne
In that case, BH, try getting him up to 8 total smile.gif If the J can't be precise in his offer, he should pay for it.
BlackHat
I think he was precise enough. "Up front" means, pretty clearly, out of the money at the end, which he had said was 7K.
Zyerne
He also said it was for expenses. As was mentioned earlier, expenses should be seperate.

Edit: I'll admit, I'm pushing for 8 total as I need that to get one of the things I'm after a run sooner..
klinktastic
QUOTE (Zyerne @ Jan 18 2011, 02:54 PM) *
He also said it was for expenses. As was mentioned earlier, expenses should be seperate.

Edit: I'll admit, I'm pushing for 8 total as I need that to get one of the things I'm after a run sooner..

I'll lend you some cash. I got my goodies.
sabs
Well, JP just said they get a feeling that they're already squeezing blood from a rock.

Zyerne
On a completely unrelated note, I just added a one stop shop for standard rolls to the wiki.

I used a standard format for everyone but I only added values for Wolf, so feel free to add/remove stuff, I just threw it up to make things easier for JP.
klinktastic
Nice, good call Z.
J. Packer
QUOTE (Zyerne @ Jan 18 2011, 02:16 PM) *
On a completely unrelated note, I just added a one stop shop for standard rolls to the wiki.

I used a standard format for everyone but I only added values for Wolf, so feel free to add/remove stuff, I just threw it up to make things easier for JP.

Much appreciated, Z. I tend to only roll initiatives or perceptions for others, but having a broad range understanding of your power levels helps out in evening out a module designed by committee. smile.gif
klinktastic
Well said BH
Zyerne
Init and perception was all I listed for Wolf and like I said, I didn't put values in for anyone else, so they'll have to add them themselves.

I am going to go back and add an IP category and I'm thinking about maybe adding armor.

BlackHat
Hopefully Kreskin's last IC has the intended effect. smile.gif

It starts out sounding like we're going to turn him down, but in the end, we accept. If Kreskin gets the impression that the guy is going to cut him off before he gets to that part, he'll jump ahead.

Main thing was, this guy might not be able to offer us any more money or any information up front, but he can probably offer us favors in the future... and if we end up jumping through a lot of hoops to get the job done, and end up not making much money, he can make it up to us later... if he is happy with our work.

Which is a win-win scenario for everyone.
Kim
It just sounds like Kreskin likes to gamble ...
J. Packer
QUOTE (Kim @ Jan 18 2011, 02:27 PM) *
It just sounds like Kreskin likes to gamble ...

I have no idea where you got that idea. smile.gif
sabs
*cough* truth or dare *cough*
klinktastic
Patchouli (Pogostemon cablin (Blanco) Benth; also patchouly or pachouli) is a species from the genus Pogostemon and a bushy herb of the mint family, with erect stems, reaching two or three feet (about 0.75 metre) in height and bearing small pale pink-white flowers. The plant is native to tropical regions of Asia and is now extensively cultivated in China, India, Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia, Mauritius, Philippines, West Africa and Vietnam.

The scent of patchouli is heavy and strong, used for centuries in perfumes. The word derives from the Tamil patchai (Tamil: பச்சை) (green), ellai (Tamil: இலை) (leaf) [1]. In Assamese it is known as xukloti.

Zyerne
After Falcone's last speech, I had some questions. Is it too late to ask them?
J. Packer
QUOTE (Zyerne @ Jan 18 2011, 03:01 PM) *
After Falcone's last speech, I had some questions. Is it too late to ask them?

Nope, not at all. Either of him, or of Hafiz. Just backdate them and I'll deal with them in the flow.
klinktastic
If you guys want, you can use teamwork perception tests to try and give me more dice. So far I'm at 6 successes, since its unopposed, I think we'll uncover most things. More successes would be nice.
SleepIncarnate
I'm way behind again, sorry guys. We had a blackout on base right before I landed yesterday and internet didn't come back on until after I went to bed. About to go brief, so trying to play catch up some. I've read up to about 4:05 PM, will try to get something IC this afternoon once work is done (while also doing homework).
BlackHat
I think we'll be in the current scene for a bit, so you should have time to catch up.
BlackHat
QUOTE (klinktastic @ Jan 18 2011, 05:17 PM) *
If you guys want, you can use teamwork perception tests to try and give me more dice. So far I'm at 6 successes, since its unopposed, I think we'll uncover most things. More successes would be nice.

Up to JP, but we probably need to declare (or ask for) teamwork (deciding who is taking the lead, etc) before rolling. If it helps, here is Kreskin's roll for the scene (and I'm happy to have it be an assist, if possible).

9d6.hits(5) = 2 hits
SleepIncarnate
Finally got caught up and posted my IC, will have to wait until I get back from work to do perception roll, for now Doc's just using her impressive Logic to think out loud.
J. Packer
QUOTE (SleepIncarnate @ Jan 18 2011, 04:15 PM) *
Finally got caught up and posted my IC, will have to wait until I get back from work to do perception roll, for now Doc's just using her impressive Logic to think out loud.

I'll go ahead and roll that Perception for you, so the results are handy when you return.
BlackHat
Just cross-posted with Doc. Will edit to include the fact that they're basically saying the same thing.
BlackHat
Okay, so curious about the contents of the pouch, and interested in having Kreskin review the security footage they have been given. I get that its not high-quality enough to make out much to ID the intruders, but I am hoping he can maybe glean something from their body language (or even Mr. B's body language) that might give some clues. For example, did he go willingly, or put up a fight? Did it look like they were searching for something, or just tossing the room? Were they talking to one another (even if I can't hear what they are saying)? That sort of thing. Do they seem aware of the camera? Did they place the knife/pouch/cigarrette's/commlink/etc or were those items visible before the invasion began?
J. Packer
QUOTE (BlackHat @ Jan 18 2011, 04:24 PM) *
Okay, so curious about the contents of the pouch, and interested in having Kreskin review the security footage they have been given. I get that its not high-quality enough to make out much to ID the intruders, but I am hoping he can maybe glean something from their body language (or even Mr. B's body language) that might give some clues. For example, did he go willingly, or put up a fight? Did it look like they were searching for something, or just tossing the room? Were they talking to one another (even if I can't hear what they are saying)? That sort of thing. Do they seem aware of the camera? Did they place the knife/pouch/cigarrette's/commlink/etc or were those items visible before the invasion began?

I think I got most of that in my reply post. I'll add a bit about the contents of the security video.
BlackHat
Yeah, it looks like most of my questions can't be answered if the footage wasn't of the room, but if it sees him on the way out, Kreskin might be able to pick up on whether or not he's going willingly (and just pretending to protest) or if he's really being forced from the room (or if he's unconscious or something).
BlackHat
There you go. Unconscious. biggrin.gif
BlackHat
Is the lock on the door electronic (maglock)?
SleepIncarnate
About to step to the plane. To give you guys an idea, with my new schedule, I'm awake from roughly 1300-0500 Denver time, and at work for roughly 8-10 hours of that (most of which is flying with no access to the forums) so for the next week or so until my schedule changes (or for the next few weeks until I get home), fully expect Doc to be a bit quieter than normal. But still every bit as insightful and creepy when she does speak.
BlackHat
Also, does the feed include all of the cameras in all of the hallways or just right outside of the room? IOW, can we tell where/how they got into the building, and where/how they got out?
klinktastic
What kind of roll do I make to ask my gang contact about an all female running team with the knife and feather and then about cigarette?

Also, what about data search? P. 230:

matrix search table information is: Threshold
General Knowledge or Public: 6
Limited Interest or Not Publicized: 12
Hidden or Actively Hunted and Erased: 24
Protected or Secret: n/a

Information is: Dice Pool Modifier
Intricate or Specialized –1
Obscure –2

Area Searched Interval
Single Node or Signal Area Complex Action
All Subscribed Devices and Nodes Complex Action
Entire Matrix 1 Minute
Zyerne
Man, I go out for a couple of hours and it goes nuts..

Anything we can glean about the 3 women from the video? Anything recognisably tribal or Aztec for instance? Weapon preferences, anything else that might help.
klinktastic
@Z - No kidding. Took me like 15 minutes to catch up, and thats saying something.
BlackHat
QUOTE (klinktastic @ Jan 18 2011, 08:07 PM) *
What kind of roll do I make to ask my gang contact about an all female running team with the knife and feather and then about cigarette?

There are rules for using contacts for legwork on p286 (SR4A), but they are pretty vague.
Runner's Companion (p130) has more rules about it.
klinktastic
QUOTE (BlackHat @ Jan 18 2011, 07:47 PM) *
There are rules for using contacts for legwork on p286 (SR4A), but they are pretty vague.
Runner's Companion (p130) has more rules about it.

Yup, which is why I wanted a ruling from JP.
klinktastic
I'm going to guess its connection + connection.

What about my gang contact...its connection 8, that means the DP would be 16...does that make sense?

Edit- what kind of trace roll can be made after the fact? I can only find what node he was at when he did the hacking right?
Zyerne
The 4a rules don't seem vague to me: Connection + contacts's charisma or relevant knowledge skill

The connection + connection thing from RC should be taken out and shot IMO, what's the point in contacts have relevant skills etc when all you need is a connection 6 homeless amnesiac alcoholic?
BlackHat
Oh yeah, I wanted to add a negotiation (sense motive) roll, just to see if Kreskin thinks Hafiz (and Falcone?) is being as forthcoming and honest as they claim.

12d6.hits(5) = 6 hits

I assume they really ARE being up front, but its best to check. biggrin.gif
klinktastic
Well i think its limited by logical conclusions. You can have your drunk friend giving you info on high level corp politics. But yeah, we'll see what JP says. Maybe he'll just want a loyalty test and roll on our behalves. Who knows?
BlackHat
QUOTE (Zyerne @ Jan 18 2011, 09:35 PM) *
The 4a rules don't seem vague to me: Connection + contacts's charisma or relevant knowledge skill

Well, the rules in RC seemed to have more information on what each number of hits might mean. All of it was very up to the GM, and dependant on the contact in question. I've never much liked the fact that contacts have stats, since I haven't often known what they were ahead of time. smile.gif I'd like ti better if they had professional ratings like enemies do.
Zyerne
There's gotta be around 50 stated up generic contacts for SR4, then racial variations of each.

I like the skiil based approach as it means contacts are more likely to know things in their field. It also encourages a wider spread of contacts rather than an uber contact that mysteriously knows everything.
J. Packer
Yeah, I'm going to go with the contact + relevant skill method, as contact + contact is a total mess.

I'll figure out something to do with your group contact, Klink.

Oh, and you can give me an Analyze roll to try to track back where the hacker was trying to come in from, or any changes that were made.
klinktastic
kk, probably just a bunch of relevant knowledges at 2 my guess.

Anyway, I want to hit Peaches and the Ironsiders.

Afterwards, I'll trace to the original node the hacker used.
Zyerne
QUOTE (Zyerne @ Jan 19 2011, 01:42 AM) *
Man, I go out for a couple of hours and it goes nuts..

Anything we can glean about the 3 women from the video? Anything recognisably tribal or Aztec for instance? Weapon preferences, anything else that might help.

@JP - reposting incase you missed it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012