Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Denver Missions Team 2
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28
BlackHat
QUOTE (SleepIncarnate @ Dec 21 2010, 07:34 PM) *
She's been calling him stupid since the meet with the Johnson. As for staying in the van, of course she is. The doors are taller than her, she can use you all as metahuman shields.

Even more reason for Kreskin to get out of the way before Doc says something to make them start shooting at her. wink.gif
Zyerne
Which'll be when we get to the bit Wolf isn't an amateur at.
klinktastic
I'm about to drop into VR, hack a car that is aimed at the groups, or can be aimed at the group of Yak/Triad and get primed to ram them if shit gets real. That will fuck their world up.

I'm going to have to do the following:

Scan for nodes: Scan + E-war
Analyze the node: Computer + Analyze

Then I can either try to spoof a command or hack on fly

Create an Account (hack on fly): Hacking + Exploit (firewall or firewall + 3 if I need security account)
Spoof Command: Hacking + Spoof vs Pilot + Firewall

Edit - I doubt it will do much damage, moving from a short distance. But everyone jumps out of the way of a moving car. More as a distraction.

@JP - Cars have active nodes, I'll scan and analyze since I doubt the car has a stealth program.
BlackHat
Hacking on the fly could cause this to all go bad, if you trip an alarm.

Readying a spoof won't (potentially) fail until you send the spoofed command - which might be better if you're planning to wait until things go bad.

Also, IIRC (and its been a while since i looked at hacking in detail), in order to spoof, you will also need to get the commcode or ID of an "authorized" node/user (in order to pretend to be that guy), so it'll add an extra step to maybe sniff around or watch some traffic on the node in order to get the id that you want to use later - but that sniffing is also probably immune to observation.
klinktastic
Since I have time, I'll try and sniffer for commandcodes. If I don't get any, and shit gets real, hacking a car will be the least of our worries
BlackHat
QUOTE (BlackHat @ Dec 21 2010, 08:13 PM) *
Hacking on the fly could cause this to all go bad, if you trip an alarm.

I wasn't real clear here. I meant "if you trip an alarm... while we're still having a friendly chat".
klinktastic
Ok, my last IC post has me scanning, analyzing, and sniffing with my 3 IPs for that one combat turn...lol
J. Packer
Thanks for the explanation, Klink. I read the IC thread first, and wasn't sure what all those rolls were attempting... I'll review them again and let you know what's what in an update to IC.

ETA: Need a bit more info. You're in the left lane. There's a truck in front of you, the Yak car behind, and two sedans next to you on the right, one slightly ahead, another slightly behind. To your left is the concrete divider between you and oncoming traffic.

You could try your action on the truck in front of you, which would have a shot at hitting most of the Triads, who are primarily in front of you, or a car from the opposite traffic, who could hop the divider and go after the Yaks.
klinktastic
Definitely the truck in front. I can then spoof it out of the way.
BlackHat
About to respond to their question. Should I keep including con tests with every post, or just chat it up until you ask for another test?
J. Packer
Go with RP until I call for another roll.
BlackHat
FYI, he's sort of guessing, and sort of taking a cue from this:

QUOTE (J. Packer @ Dec 21 2010, 04:41 PM) *
He turns now to you in the van. "It has come to our attention that you are carrying a package from the Koshari to the Mafia," he says, "a package that I would pay a good deal to acquire..."

Kim
QUOTE (BlackHat @ Dec 22 2010, 02:25 PM) *
FYI, he's sort of guessing, and sort of taking a cue from this:

~lol~ I totally missed that.... I think Kim was too busy feeling guilty to pay much attention, so I won't have to change the post.
klinktastic
Just posted in IC to tell you all what I've been doing. At this point, assuming we go to some sort of initative for combat, I'll hold action until Cody can slap his thigh or jump in the van. Once's he's clear, I'll spoof a command to the truck in front to back into the baddies. Next pass will be issuing a command to the van to GTFO. Last pass will to be to spoof another command to have the truck ram into the divider, blocking any paths to reach us as we make our escape.
BlackHat
QUOTE (klinktastic @ Dec 22 2010, 10:03 AM) *
... I'll hold action until Cody can slap his thigh or jump in the van. Once's he's clear, ...

Kreskin didn't step out of the van, since the guys outside started talking about killing us and looting us, rather than inviting him out to talk business - so he's as clear as he is gonna be. That said, he'll appreciate it if you still wait for his signal, since the situation isn't violently dire, yet. biggrin.gif
klinktastic
Ah yeah, thats right. Well yeah, you're call for when I should spoof the command. Probably throw edge at it to make sure it goes down.
klinktastic
Hey Blackhat. Why don't you clarify what you are intending to do, so J Packer knows what the plan is? Also, it will clue everyone else in as well. I think I know it, but I'd rather have you confirm it. That way we'll all be on the same page.

Quick Edit:

My understanding of our plan -

First, we pretend like we're the decoy, but willing to sell the route of the real team. If they bite, grab a cred stick, slam them with a car and make a run for it.

If they don't bite, we show them the package, get them in a bidding war. Try and get at least one cred stick, set them off against one another, slam them with a car and make a run for it.
J. Packer
A good plan, all around. Jonny's just a bit more tempermental about dealing with you crazy gaigin than An Peng was. smile.gif
BlackHat
Lol, I was typing up a big explanation OOC, but it looks like IC caught up and made it irrelevant. One of the things I was saying in my explanation was that regardless of whether or not they believed us, they would probably end up fighting one another and delaying us.

Time to GTFO. Not sure if Kreskin can slap his thigh as initiative is rolled, or if he needs to wait until his first action to do so... but its pretty clear its combat time, and we don't have time to murder two syndicate squads.
klinktastic
LOL rolled my spoof command with edge....4 successes with two 6's rerolled 6's got 2 more 6's rerolled again, got another 6, but cashed out there. 7 successes when its my turn. Lovely!

Edit: Probably gonna slow down a bit here as we wait for people to see.

@JP - In the future, if we hit a spot were everyone's waiting on me to post something, like a intiative, ettiquette, or something that is necessary to start a scene, feel free to roll for me and post the results. I'll just adapt from there.
klinktastic
Don't worry about the slap of the leg, with 360 vision, once I see them drawing down, we're bailing.
klinktastic
That's some epic fail on the dice rolling. GG!
SleepIncarnate
And I've still got higher initiative than you.... and I'm not a sam or anything.
klinktastic
I'm in VR at the moment. VR intiative is worse than my meat one. But I roll 9 dice in meat, +1 with Cram. In VR I'm at 9 dice, but no bonus from Cram I don't think. I'm going on a 13.
SleepIncarnate
Eh, I got no hits at all, but wasn't a glitch at least.
klinktastic
@JP - I'll need to know the truck's pilot + manouver. I believe how this works is I'll spoof the command, then the vehicle gets to a pilot + manouver - handling roll (assuming stock GAZ P-179 stats). to push them out of the way. They get opposed roll of dodge/gymnastics + reaction. Not sure if they need to use an IP to get full dodge bonus.

From page 169:

"Ramming
If a driver wants to ram something (or someone) with the vehicle, treat it as a melee attack. The target must be within the vehicle’s Walking or Running Range (a –3 dice modifier applies if the driver has to resort to running). The driver rolls Vehicle skill + Reaction +/– Handling to attack. The target rolls Dodge + Reaction if a pedestrian, or Vehicle skill + Reaction +/– Handling if driving another vehicle."

Edit: What level access would I need to remote control? User, security, or admin? Useful if I decide to hack.
klinktastic
HA, JP is a cock tease. Tells us to roll initiative then logs off! Ha!

Edit: Anyone think out what they're going to do round one? Just shoot out the windows?
klinktastic
@Kim - Do you think you could pull off an Assensing with your simple action, see if any of those dudes are awakened. Sneaking suspision that one of them is a gunslinger adept (dude with 2 guns). Might help you decide who to orgasm...
Kim
Hmmm, just found out Kim's a racist for thinking orcs are stupid.

I thought Logic was reasoning and Intuition was feeling, but I just read that Logic is knowledge/memory and Intuition is reasoning/feeling.
Kim
QUOTE (klinktastic @ Dec 22 2010, 10:40 PM) *
@Kim - Do you think you could pull off an Assensing with your simple action, see if any of those dudes are awakened. Sneaking suspision that one of them is a gunslinger adept (dude with 2 guns). Might help you decide who to orgasm...

Pretty sure Kim will just hide under the dashboard, if noone can convince her otherwise. She will help counterspelling if needed though.
klinktastic
Assuming they have a mage, counterspelling would be greatly appreciated. Maybe summon a low force Air spirit to cast conceal on us?

edit: changed 1 to low. Probably smarter to get a force 2 or 3 if you think you can handle the drain.
J. Packer
Xmas shopping called, what's a fellow to do? I've got some more wrapping and the like to handle, so it might be this evening before I sort out round one.
Kim
QUOTE (klinktastic @ Dec 22 2010, 10:53 PM) *
Assuming they have a mage, counterspelling would be greatly appreciated. Maybe summon a Force 1 Air spirit to cast conceal on us?

Concealment subtracts a number of dice equal to the critter’s Magic from any Perception Tests... it's Force is it's magic....... not sure if it will do much
klinktastic
When we're driving away, they'll have a harder time chasing us or finding us again.

Edit: Probably better to assense and counterspell until we break away. Then you can summon an air spirit and conceal. Every dice helps.
Zyerne
Or we can just kill them all, much simpler.
klinktastic
QUOTE (Zyerne @ Dec 22 2010, 04:52 PM) *
Or we can just kill them all, much simpler.

LOL! Well, althought that might be more fun, it's probably not that practical. We kill off some mid level Yak and/or Triad bosses, we might draw the ire of their respective organizations. Additionally, its hard to explain to the rent-a-cops why there's a lot of dead bodies in the street. I'd rather not be there for that. We can give them some parting shots though for sure.
Zyerne
@JP: if Riot's action won't affect it, could you post An Peng's so we've got something to respond to?
klinktastic
I'll have mine up in a second. I basically already posted it on the OOC.
BlackHat
If Kreskin's turn comes up, unless Jonny's action changes the situation significantly, I think Kreskin is going to delay into the second IP (since he only has one) and see how Riot does and getting the van out of there, before acting. He has a few dice he can toss shooting his pistol, but its mostly for show. If Riot can't escape, and it looks like we're going to have to kill everyone, he'll probably take his actions firing out the window at one of the boss-men, but if we managed to get out of their blockade, there is no point in wasting ammo or angering any survivors... plus I kind of want his action available after that in case we get far enough away that he can start using infiltration to shake any tails (or at least try to keep the can from looking suspicious when the local police start homing in due to the violence on the street.

He'd probably need to be passed control of the vehicle to do that (Unwired suggests you can use infiltration with vehicles, anyway)... or maybe we'll opt to ditch the van (since our opposition knows it) and go it on foot for a bit... I dunno... rambling cause its late.

Short version: Kreskin is going to delay.
Zyerne
As long as the yaks and triads are shooting at each other and not us, Wolf is gonna hold. He's most effective outside of the van which isn't going to help much if we get a clear road out.
klinktastic
Yeah, we'll see. 5 success on a manuver is good, but there's one hell of a traffic jam ahead of us. Maybe the gun shots and trucks slamming into things will scare some people into moving faster. Good calls in holding til the 2nd IP.
SleepIncarnate
I'll have to do my perception roll when I get back from work, the dice roller is blocked here. I had to stick around a couple hours for a brief that's starting soonish, so I should be back in about 90 minutes or so.

And also, yes, I will have to work tonight and tomorrow night (it's early morning Christmas Eve here already).
BlackHat
I'm going to be traveling starting tomorrow, for about a week. I should still have access to the boards via phone, but I may be posting less frequently (and without a lot of special formatting). smile.gif Feel free to make assumptions about what Kreskin would do to help, and have him buy successes for things like perception checks to keep the game moving. I don't mind.
Zyerne
I'm also gonna be away 'til at least Tuesday. I'll have net access but unless someone else takes a laptop I'll be fighting a sick kid (mine) for a comp. We all know who's gonna win that one so I'll likely be a bit spotty for the next few days.
SleepIncarnate
Nothing's changing on my end, I'll be working every night, will have internet access once I get back to my closet (calling it a room is giving it too much credit, but it's still just me in there) and limited access while on the ground at work.
klinktastic
Today is the only day we're I'll be limited. If you guys check via phone and want to post something, but it's too hard to format what you want. Shoot me a PM in game and I can post it for you if you want.
J. Packer
My posting will be limited to once or twice a day, tops, while the in-laws are in town. I expect I might have some free time on Sunday, but only if the wife doesn't insist upon my coming shopping with her. I'm fine shopping in huge crowds, but she's not, and that stresses me out. smile.gif
BlackHat
I see Riot is going for the ol' cockblock. Very classy.wink.gif
klinktastic
Lol. Yeah well in my intro I got cockblocked by a fellow ganger. I'm trying to make up for it
SleepIncarnate
Only to find out she's only interested in female dwarves, and the only one on board doesn't have the social skills needed to make contacts.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012