Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Denver Missions Team 2
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28
klinktastic
QUOTE (BlackHat @ Dec 17 2010, 04:22 PM) *
Actually, it might make more sense - if non-uncouth people want nothing to do with uncouth runners, they'd pretty much be stuck together. smile.gif

Edited my earlier IC post to include aknowledgement of the elf in the room too (Since kim's timestamp had her there before anyone else arrived).

Potentially. Uncouth runnings end up finding jobs because theoretically they are using those extra BPs to become amazing at some ultra valuable skill, which means they are in high demand and that beggars can't be choosers when trying to get someone with those skills. Problem is, doesn't look like either of those archtypes are really experts at anything you can't get elsewhere for less hassle (sam and bounty hunter).
Kim
QUOTE (BlackHat @ Dec 17 2010, 11:22 PM) *
Edited my earlier IC post to include aknowledgement of the elf in the room too (Since kim's timestamp had her there before anyone else arrived).

Sorry, I've added a description of my appearance now.
SleepIncarnate
QUOTE (J. Packer @ Dec 17 2010, 04:12 PM) *
I'm afraid the three of you are going to have more time to goof around in the IC thread. We're waiting on Kim and Sleep, who're both several time zones away from me, and while Sleep hinted at an odd sleep schedule, she's likely off flying drones or whatever it is she does to keep us fat, safe and happy over here.

Close enough, I'm actually aircrew on a plane out here, but most people (even the guys on the ground we support) think we're a drone. Bad part about that is that when I fly (which is most days), it's about a 10-12 hour day with only limited internet access, basically in the time when we're prepping for our brief and after we land and debrief (at which point I come back to my closet and login here instead of there). And post up!
BlackHat
Doubt its a big deal, but I took a little liberty with Cody's ability to read the Doc's expression. As far as I can tell, though, he can buy 3 hits on a Negotiation(Sense Motive) test, and the Doc would have like 1 die to resist (and is uncouth to boot, so I'm assuming she's not too worried about hiding it).

Edit: If it is a problem, though, I'm happy to go back and edit.
SleepIncarnate
If she gave a rats ass what you thought about her, she wouldn't be uncouth.
BlackHat
QUOTE (SleepIncarnate @ Dec 17 2010, 08:21 PM) *
If she gave a rats ass what you thought about her, she wouldn't be uncouth.

biggrin.gif Well put.
klinktastic
I'm going to be doing a couple things quickly, but I'm at 2 IPs now, so it should take me about 2-3 combat turns to do all these taskes. First I'm doing the data searchs and then using my knowledge skills to ask myself the same questions.

Data Searches:

[ Spoiler ]

Knowledge Checks:

[ Spoiler ]
J. Packer
Riot knows a little something about the smuggling routes that are used in these areas, specifically one that would work to get them across through Sioux territory. It's a bit further out of the way to the north, but it might serve in this instance.

The searches you run come back with the following data trickling in over the next minute or two:

The Koshari are a sect of the traditional Zuni and Hopi Kachina society, they tend to specialize in less than legal dealings. The Kachina society controls most of the chip and narcotic sales in the Pueblo sector. The Denver subgroup is run by a tribal council, all of whom go by totemic names.

The address in Montbello is in a very high class part of town - high rents, well protected by "private security" and the like. The territory is under the control of the Chavez family, a known and very powerful mafia family in Denver, but not the only one. Omar Chavez is the current sottocapo, but he reports to someone out of state.

The most direct route comes up on a map system - it shows that you would get on Colfax and head east in to CAS territory. From there, you can get all the way to Interstate 225 at the border wall with the Aurora Warrens and take that north, pick up I-70 and cut up into Montbello on side streets. The system warns that, at this time of day, any of the east-west thoroughfares might suffer from what the system calls "volume slowing."
klinktastic
So we are going PCC to CAS then CAS to UCAS. So that's two border crossings. Rush hour is good because less questions, but bad because there's more traffic.
Kim
QUOTE (klinktastic @ Dec 19 2010, 12:19 AM) *
So we are going PCC to CAS then CAS to UCAS. So that's two border crossings. Rush hour is good because less questions, but bad because there's more traffic.

I don't think we've decided anything yet.
klinktastic
QUOTE (Kim @ Dec 18 2010, 05:31 PM) *
I don't think we've decided anything yet.

No, I was just trying to clarify a fact. I think that is the only way, realistically within the time frame we have.

See below for leadership roll. I know its not going to make anyone jump to attention, but it might make have some affect.

[ Spoiler ]
BlackHat
QUOTE (klinktastic @ Dec 18 2010, 06:43 PM) *
See below for leadership roll. I know its not going to make anyone jump to attention, but it might make have some affect.

For four hits, I'll jump. wink.gif I had planned on Cody having a dab of leadership, but as it turns out, it didn't make the BP cut, so he defaults when necessary. Glad to see someone else step up.

Curious where the 7 dice came from, though. Cha + Influence + First Impression + ?
klinktastic
Enhanced Pheromone Receptors. Cheapest +2 dice to social out there.

We all had to make cuts somewhere when you're making a 320 BP character.
BlackHat
biggrin.gif Ah, that'd do it. Working on an IC reply.
J. Packer
I will be happy with anyone choosing to be swayed by the leadership roll - he's definitely speaking like a leader, but everyone reacts to that in their own way. smile.gif
klinktastic

OYeah. Using social skills on pc's is always funky. Feel free to play as you think ur char would based off the successes.

I say we take the van. Use the coyote for the first crossing. I know a route for the second cross. Also we could do a border and I could have my gang on standby to cause a timely distraction while we r checking thru the border.
Kim
[ Spoiler ]
Zyerne
Quick query. Given the strong background smell from the brazier over the firepit, would the enhanced pheremone receptors actually help?
klinktastic
Fairly confident the coyotes aren't going to be selling us out. The secondary package might have some value, but not if it costs us more than 5 minutes. Its going to take a lot of time to get were we are going. Also, he said the van was non-descript. The Koshari are a criminal organization, I doubt they have/lend traceable vehicles.
BlackHat
Agree on the envelope. If the J just has to run back to his office, cool, if not, forget it. Also, if the Van isn't actually registered, I am cool with it. Actually, I'm cool with it either way, since nobody else has a car, and I think we're gonna need a vehicle on the other side.

Cody won't be pushing the misdirection idea, he just wanted to put it out there, since he thinks it would be awesome, and he's been thinking about just how these "interested parties" could possibly know who we are, whether or not we took the job, etc. That said, he's happy to follow the lead of whoever.
klinktastic
Regardless, we'll need the van.

A decoy might be helpful as a delay tactic, but if we get stopped and give it to someone, they're gonna open it, see its false, and engage us anyway. Only benefit is a few seconds to get the drop on them, could be enough to give us the edge I suppose.

Interested parties are going to have standard passages covered. Coyotes use non-standard passages, that's why they get paid the big bucks. If we use them, I'm fairly confident we'll run in to less trouble.

We might want to consolidate our timestamps on 4:45, just to keep flow, unless its something important related to something earlier that doesn't affect the current post all that much.

Let's wait for Packer to post up how long it will take to get an identical package. That will decide if we have 5 minutes to spare at the lodge. If not, we need to move up.

Also, I introduced myself a while back. Not sure if everyone saw. It would probably be kind to introduce yourselves as well.
Zyerne
We should also keep tactical discussions IC not OOC, no?
klinktastic
We can let Packer decide. However, not really discussing tactics...just stating facts that have been presented in the IC so far. Or well, less the discussion on the merits of the decoy idea.
BlackHat
Also, all OOC until it comes up IC, but I do have a few ideas for a decoy, besides handing it to anyone (which wouldn't buy us more than a few seconds) or dropping it (which might buy us a minute or two). Of course, like you said, even a small advantage is some advantage, and could give us an edge. I also think it might be useful just to have our opponents not be certain which of us has the thing on them, or if we ever do split up (even if its just for a little while). Assuming its low effort, it has a lot of potential payoff, and shouldn't really slow us down if the J has a spare envelope on hand.
J. Packer
Yeah, the OOC thread is "table talk" - so if you're discussing tactics that the players need to come up with, take it to IC, but if you're still bandying about ideas, that's fine for OOC. I'm not a stickler.
J. Packer
Oh, and I'll wait for a cue that you're heading upstairs before I post again, unless there are questions for Mr. J.
BlackHat
Just some indication as to if the extra envelope can be obtained quick enough for the teams liking.
BlackHat
Double post
J. Packer
I didn't get this answered earlier: An envelope and papers is at least a fifteen minute wait.
klinktastic
Oh yeah, we didn't pick up our prepayment yet did we? Does he have credit sticks or is he wiring?

PS - the intra-party power struggle is fun. Definitely something you don't get to usually experience when you're gaming with people you know well.
J. Packer
QUOTE (klinktastic @ Dec 19 2010, 11:12 AM) *
Oh yeah, we didn't pick up our prepayment yet did we? Does he have credit sticks or is he wiring?

PS - the intra-party power struggle is fun. Definitely something you don't get to usually experience when you're gaming with people you know well.

He placed the credtsticks on the table - so no traceability on either side. And yes, the byplay is fun - it's a bit more hollywood than you usually get.
Zyerne
Just a quick comment. Wolf has, for the moment, disappeared, leaving an assortment of weapons behind.
klinktastic
QUOTE (Zyerne @ Dec 19 2010, 12:22 PM) *
Just a quick comment. Wolf has, for the moment, disappeared, leaving an assortment of weapons behind.

I shouted into the bathroom for yah. I thought you had a 4:43 timestamp, but you were at 4:45.
Zyerne
You were at 4:44, I went to 4:45 then everyone else went back to 4:43. *shrug*

Kim
Sorry, but it gets a bit difficult without getting some ooc answers.

Did the Johnson just ignore this?
QUOTE (SleepIncarnate @ Dec 18 2010, 05:28 PM) *
[Monday, April 4th, 2072 | 4:31pm | Denim Nightclub Basement]
Doc Opheliac | Pan = Passive | SIN = Ophelia Smokehaven

"3k each for a couple hours work? If you're being that generous up front, and needing a full team, there must be some major issues with this job. That and the delivery of the package must be very important for you. After all, we all know you're looking to make a profit from this, and are likely trying to pay us just enough to interest us but still keeping a sufficient bubble of money in case we want more. What do you say to making that 1500 in advance and 2000 after successful completion of the job? I'd also like to know more about the size of this package."

and did I find how far and what kind of neighborhood Montbello is? My cab ride was lenghty, but was it like 20 minutes or an hour?
Kim
QUOTE (Zyerne @ Dec 19 2010, 07:49 PM) *
You were at 4:44, I went to 4:45 then everyone else went back to 4:43. *shrug*

Cody actually was going to suggest splitting up the team as part of his plan, but after tempers seem to flair, he decides against it.

This can only be a reaction on "You're obviously not experienced in these matters.
so the timestamp [Monday April 4th, 2072 | 4:43pm | Denim Nightclub Basement] is off.
klinktastic
QUOTE (Kim @ Dec 19 2010, 02:01 PM) *
Cody actually was going to suggest splitting up the team as part of his plan, but after tempers seem to flair, he decides against it.

This can only be a reaction on "You're obviously not experienced in these matters.
so the timestamp [Monday April 4th, 2072 | 4:43pm | Denim Nightclub Basement] is off.

That comment was directed towards Angel, not Cody. Though I suppose the comment could have been directed at either of you. It was in reference to how coyotes work, and the fact that they would have little incentive to backstab us. So it is applicable. My intent was to wrestle control of the group back my way by subtlely hinting that Angel might not be aware of how these things work.
Kim
QUOTE (klinktastic @ Dec 19 2010, 09:36 PM) *
That comment was directed towards Angel, not Cody. Though I suppose the comment could have been directed at either of you. It was in reference to how coyotes work, and the fact that they would have little incentive to backstab us. So it is applicable. My intent was to wrestle control of the group back my way by subtlely hinting that Angel might not be aware of how these things work.

Glaring at the human female, "You're obviously not experienced in these matters.

I'm sure the human part was meant to be elven, so I know you were talking to Angel.
I meant that Cody was obviously reacting to your post which had a later timestamp than his post. I didn't mean to say that Cody thought you were talking to him, just that he felt that tempers seemed to flair between Riot and Angel.
klinktastic
Yup, good point on the elven.
Zyerne
Anyone that calls himself 'Riot' is bound to cause trouble nyahnyah.gif
BlackHat
QUOTE (Kim @ Dec 19 2010, 03:01 PM) *

Yeah, my bad on the timestamp. smile.gif I just quote my old posts to keep the formatting instead of redoing it every time. I'll be more careful with that.
Kim
QUOTE (Zyerne @ Dec 19 2010, 09:54 PM) *
Anyone that calls himself 'Riot' is bound to cause trouble nyahnyah.gif

Hehe, indeed.... storming out the door doesn't help much either.
Lucky the dwarf is holding the package.
BlackHat
QUOTE (Kim @ Dec 19 2010, 03:59 PM) *
Hehe, indeed.... storming out the door doesn't help much either.
Lucky the dwarf is holding the package.

She is? The last post said she was passing the envelope along. If I'm mistaken I can edit my last post, I just figure Cody will be the best one to assign to "stashing" the thing.
klinktastic
Well, I did ask for everyone's name and their skillsets. That way we'd know that Cody's palming would be the smartest place to hide the package.
BlackHat
Assuming nobody objects, I'll have Cody conceal the envelope on his person BEFORE leaving the room, since I don't want any of us to be seen holding it, if possible. I'll probably use edge on the roll, too, but I'll wait and make sure someone else isn't going to insist on carrying it before bothering with the roll.
BlackHat
QUOTE (klinktastic @ Dec 19 2010, 04:11 PM) *
Well, I did ask for everyone's name and their skillsets. That way we'd know that Cody's palming would be the smartest place to hide the package.

Yeah, but then you left the room. smile.gif When we get upstairs, I'm planning to introduce myself, and explain that... but I'd rather avoid anyone in the bar seeing who carries the thing out.
Kim
QUOTE (BlackHat @ Dec 19 2010, 10:09 PM) *
She is? The last post said she was passing the envelope along. If I'm mistaken I can edit my last post, I just figure Cody will be the best one to assign to "stashing" the thing.

Well, Angel was sitting right of Johnson, so when offering a seat next to him to wolf it must have been to his left... which means wolf would have it last, but he left the room... I think he gave it to the one to the left of him..... which I just imagined would be the dwarf
klinktastic
Yup, the IC has the dwarf with it, she had just scanned it. I'm gonna be driving, so I know I don't want the package. I'm just trying to move us along, don't wanna be late!
BlackHat
QUOTE (Kim @ Dec 19 2010, 04:13 PM) *
Well, Angel was sitting right of Johnson, so when offering a seat next to him to wolf it must have been to his left... which means wolf would have it last, but he left the room... I think he gave it to the one to the left of him..... which I just imagined would be the dwarf

I didn't see a clear post from Wolf regarding the package either, but I'm happy to edit if someone intends to hold onto the thing. If its in limbo, or if whoever ended up with it last is sort of idly holding it out, he'll suggest he take it, and explain why later when we do introductions.
BlackHat
QUOTE (klinktastic @ Dec 19 2010, 04:18 PM) *
Yup, the IC has the dwarf with it, she had just scanned it. I'm gonna be driving, so I know I don't want the package. I'm just trying to move us along, don't wanna be late!

The post where she passed it along was after the post where she scanned it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012