Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Denver Missions Team 2
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28
J. Packer
QUOTE (Zyerne @ Jan 11 2011, 09:26 AM) *
Wolf's money drop is in the PCC as his his flophouse. However, yes, he's getting out in the UCAS.

As to the 5x5, he might know some people there. I can't remember if I asked it before or just thought it, so here it is again...

@JP: Any of the people from Wolf's backstory ever mention the 5x5?

Not by name, but there were mentions of a few places in town that service a smuggler crowd. The bar that your contact met you at, for one.
BlackHat
Cool, I'll add something about making change, shortly. And, yeah, I think the right move is to assume Doc will get out. 4 dice at threshold 2 is not good odds if she has to get back on her own, and as long as we have the option to make change sooner rather than later, let's do that.
Zyerne
QUOTE (J. Packer @ Jan 11 2011, 04:30 PM) *
Not by name, but there were mentions of a few places in town that service a smuggler crowd. The bar that your contact met you at, for one.

Ok, cool. Wolf's gonna have to stop in there to pick up his cash so we can RP something there.
SleepIncarnate
QUOTE (BlackHat @ Jan 11 2011, 10:31 AM) *
Cool, I'll add something about making change, shortly. And, yeah, I think the right move is to assume Doc will get out. 4 dice at threshold 2 is not good odds if she has to get back on her own, and as long as we have the option to make change sooner rather than later, let's do that.

Sorry, been real busy last few days (and had some bad days among them too). Yes, Doc would have gotten out in UCAS, and she would have taken care of the credstick issues for everyone as well.
BlackHat
You want me to add something in about Doc doing it, then? or just have Kreskin handle it?
SleepIncarnate
Go ahead, I've still got a lot going on (2 college classes will do that)
BlackHat
Kreskin should end up with 3500 (his original 1500, plus 1000 from the second payment, plus 1000 of Riots). When they make change, he'll try to get a 1000 cred stick, two 500 cred sticks, and five 100 cred sticks. That way, if I get tripped up at the next border-crossing, I won't have to over-tip the guards. biggrin.gif Also, when I get around to making rolls to track down Riot's grenade launcher, it might be nice to have some small bills to pay people with.
BlackHat
QUOTE (SleepIncarnate @ Jan 11 2011, 11:51 AM) *
Go ahead, I've still got a lot going on (2 college classes will do that)

I had us both go into the store, so its ambiguous who actually made the change. smile.gif I think ti fit with Doc's character to not want to let the money out of sight.
klinktastic
QUOTE (J. Packer @ Jan 11 2011, 10:29 AM) *
I'm fine with spending edge on rolls either way. I'm less lenient with "that was a crappy roll, I will retroactively add edge" and would prefer to spend edge to reroll failures at that point, but this time you didn't know when it was going to refresh, so feel free to do whatever works for you.

I would never ask to retcon a bad roll, but I would have edged a negotiation roll for 2000 worth of crap in one shot...since, well it is nearly half my take home from the run.

Negotiation + Edge
[ Spoiler ]

QUOTE (J. Packer @ Jan 11 2011, 10:29 AM) *
Sleep is looking pretty busy right now, so I'm going to suggest that she got off before the crossing into the CAS. You'd just need to find a place to break that credstick up before you cross the border. I'm not going to require any rolls for that, just RP it.

We can just give her the two 1500 credit sticks. Then Cody and I can hit up the chop shop, we can trade the cash out there. I'll swing by Wolf's crib after I drop off the van. Might crash on his couch to rest off that stun damage tho.

Edit- @JP - When is the next run going to take place? On the Saturday? I'm trying to hook in that Cody and I are giong to be out watching Combat Biker when the call comes in for the next mission.
J. Packer
QUOTE (klinktastic @ Jan 11 2011, 10:00 AM) *
I would never ask to retcon a bad roll, but I would have edged a negotiation roll for 2000 worth of crap in one shot...since, well it is nearly half my take home from the run.

Negotiation + Edge
[ Spoiler ]

We can just give her the two 1500 credit sticks. Then Cody and I can hit up the chop shop, we can trade the cash out there. I'll swing by Wolf's crib after I drop off the van. Might crash on his couch to rest off that stun damage tho.

Edit- @JP - When is the next run going to take place? On the Saturday? I'm trying to hook in that Cody and I are giong to be out watching Combat Biker when the call comes in for the next mission.

Which batch of 2000Y worth of stuff is this roll for?

And yes, the event itself will start on Saturday. To align it perfectly, I'll need you in place around 2pm, so make it an afternoon match.

Oh, and for all - I do love an IC thread that runs itself. You just keep getting on with your bad selves over there, and I'll interject when necessary.
klinktastic
The post was 599 - but here's the contents I'm referencing:

Upgrading commlink response to 5:

[ Spoiler ]

The difference is now that my negotiation test was is 5 successes, not 1.

Edit - Changed date to Saturday at noon.
J. Packer
QUOTE (klinktastic @ Jan 11 2011, 10:25 AM) *
The post was 599 - but here's the contents I'm referencing:

Upgrading commlink response to 5:

Feel free to write up the meet - since it will be in person - with a final cost of 1600.
Zyerne
Wolf didn't give you the address for his crib, he gave you the address for his fixer's bar. Feel free to take a snooze in a booth smile.gif
klinktastic
QUOTE (J. Packer @ Jan 11 2011, 11:31 AM) *
Feel free to write up the meet - since it will be in person - with a final cost of 1600.

Will do shortly.

QUOTE (Zyerne @ Jan 11 2011, 11:32 AM) *
Wolf didn't give you the address for his crib, he gave you the address for his fixer's bar. Feel free to take a snooze in a booth smile.gif

Good to know. Hopefully I can take a quick nap.
klinktastic
Bam, perfect timing BH. Got my big novel in there JP, its a good read.
Zyerne
Wolf is gonna find a cheap hotel, a bottle of synthwhiskey and head back to the PCC in the morning.
BlackHat
Could you post up (for reference) the exact items you're looking for? IIRC, you want:
- 1 Ares Antioch-2 grenade launcher (Avail 8F, $600 nuyen)
- Probably some (mini)grenades (IIRC, 5 high explosive, even though the internal magazine holds cool.gif? (Availability 7F, $(5 x 45) = 225)
- I think there was another launcher you wanted that accounts for the other 1000 (unless you just wanted to pay more to make it more likely you get it before Saturday), but looking them up, all 4 other grenade launchers are $1,500 or more.

@JP, I assume once I get in contact with some people (which, if you like, we can abstract into the rolls or RP out) I need to make separate negotiation/availability rolls to find each item, but can I be looking for more than one thing at once?

For example, let's say I can get 2 hits per interval (a safe bet) with intervals in 1 day increments. It would take 4 days to find the grenade launcher, alone. Would each grenade take 4 additional days? Would it be 4 additional days for a "stack" of grenades? or could the grenades also be located and purchased during the same 4 days?

Also, can I buy hits on the availability test? If my math works out (and assuming first-impression won't apply), It'll be 8 dice for each test, which would let me buy two hits, or I can roll (and expect to average 2.66, but might hit an unlucky streak).

Either way, I think I can (probably) get one grenade launcher by Saturday, and maybe get some ammo for it. But I'm not sure whether that will be taking up most of Kreskin's time, or whether he can also put word out that he's interested in whatever the other 1000 nuyen was for (or buying some items for himself).

@Klink
Mostly curious, but was the half price thing something JP houseruled? I didn't think I saw a verdict on that one back when you asked about it.
klinktastic
@BH - Originally I wanted the MGL 6, because its pistol sized, I can bring it anywhere. However, its too expensive and will take to long to get. So I'm rolling with just the Ares Antioch 2 and 5 grenades.

Ares Antioch 2 - Avaliability 8F - Cost 600
5 HR Mirco Grenades - Avaliability 7F - Cost 45/nade = 225
The remaining 125 is your fee. If you get it for less, you keep the savings. If you pay more, I'll hook you up some to sure up the difference.

JP said you can buy it all as one item. Since someone selling a grenade launcher is bound to have some grenades.

Also, I think the intervals are just time it takes, not how much of your time it takes. Though it will consume some of your time, most of it will be waiting on people to talk to people, to get people together, etc. Its not like you're actively looking for 4 days straight.

Also, JP mentioned before, he's not a fan of buying hits, so my guess is you're going to have to roll them. Also, he said that first impression will net you 1 dice per interval, since you're likely to being talking to both new and old people.
BlackHat
Ah, okay, your post where you sent me the specs said something about 2000 nuyen, so I thought I missed something.

@JP You want availability/negotiation tests for those items now, and to have us assume that part of the work is hooking up with Peaches at the 5x5 and doing some networking, or would you rather RP through it (at which point I can roll availability when I "meet a friend of a friend" and negotiation once he agrees to "find" a launcher for me)?
J. Packer
I will leave it up to you. What I've done with others is roll the rolls in OOC - and I'm no fan of buying hits, so go ahead and roll them: glitches can be fun! - and then we can RP out the results. When it's something simple, like negotiating down the cost of the upgrade for his comm link, We did the rolls, and he wrote the RP entirely on his own. It's a shared, world after all, so why not let you guys wax poetic if that's your lean?

As for the rulings, some of that probably happened in PMs, so yes, he's on track with the costs there.

You have a starting point in Peaches, and another in your guy up in the PCC with the pawn shop. Run with it from there. Invent people if you need to, and I'll add them to my stable of NPCs.

I also ruled that you can purchase ammo for your weapon with the same hunt - you just use the highest rating for your threshold. So if he'd been looking for some 16F ammo, the search would have been twice as hard.

If I see that you've gotten to a point where you're waiting on a question from me, in IC, I'll jump in.

QUOTE (BlackHat @ Jan 11 2011, 11:43 AM) *
Could you post up (for reference) the exact items you're looking for? IIRC, you want:
- 1 Ares Antioch-2 grenade launcher (Avail 8F, $600 nuyen)
- Probably some (mini)grenades (IIRC, 5 high explosive, even though the internal magazine holds cool.gif? (Availability 7F, $(5 x 45) = 225)
- I think there was another launcher you wanted that accounts for the other 1000 (unless you just wanted to pay more to make it more likely you get it before Saturday), but looking them up, all 4 other grenade launchers are $1,500 or more.

@JP, I assume once I get in contact with some people (which, if you like, we can abstract into the rolls or RP out) I need to make separate negotiation/availability rolls to find each item, but can I be looking for more than one thing at once?

For example, let's say I can get 2 hits per interval (a safe bet) with intervals in 1 day increments. It would take 4 days to find the grenade launcher, alone. Would each grenade take 4 additional days? Would it be 4 additional days for a "stack" of grenades? or could the grenades also be located and purchased during the same 4 days?

Also, can I buy hits on the availability test? If my math works out (and assuming first-impression won't apply), It'll be 8 dice for each test, which would let me buy two hits, or I can roll (and expect to average 2.66, but might hit an unlucky streak).

Either way, I think I can (probably) get one grenade launcher by Saturday, and maybe get some ammo for it. But I'm not sure whether that will be taking up most of Kreskin's time, or whether he can also put word out that he's interested in whatever the other 1000 nuyen was for (or buying some items for himself).

@Klink
Mostly curious, but was the half price thing something JP houseruled? I didn't think I saw a verdict on that one back when you asked about it.
klinktastic
Now don't fuck up your rolls!

JK....actually, not really...

@JP - I think he wants you to at least help him kick start with Peaches, unless you're willing to lend him control of her for now.
Kim
Time stamps in the ic thread need fixing.
BlackHat
Yeah, I added like 20 minutes (good/bad estimate?) in my big post about making change and crossing the first border. Klink's last few timestamps are stuck at when he first sent the list to Kreskin. wink.gif
klinktastic
Yep, good call. I had the monologue typed up as an edit to the post prior to Blackhat responding to me pushing the time back. I fixed mine, should be good to go now.
J. Packer
I'ma leave Peaches incommunicado for the rest of the evening. You can call her back on Tuesday or at any other point you need her. If you want me to RP the part, I'm happy to (with either her or anyone else you invent out of thin air), just leave the IC thread hanging in an appropriate way and I'll jump in).
klinktastic
QUOTE (J. Packer @ Jan 11 2011, 01:23 PM) *
I'ma leave Peaches incommunicado for the rest of the evening. You can call her back on Tuesday or at any other point you need her. If you want me to RP the part, I'm happy to (with either her or anyone else you invent out of thin air), just leave the IC thread hanging in an appropriate way and I'll jump in).

Looks like Kreskin is name dropping and riding solo. You could always start with the Koshari Johnson. See if he can pass you along to some people.
J. Packer
QUOTE (klinktastic @ Jan 11 2011, 12:27 PM) *
Looks like Kreskin is name dropping and riding solo. You could always start with the Koshari Johnson. See if he can pass you along to some people.

Well, he does know a pawnbroker up in the PCC...
BlackHat
Well, if it is going to take 4 days (on average), I need to get started by noon Monday, right? biggrin.gif Or does trying to get in touch with her, or other contacts, count as beginning the process of searching for these items, so its mostly fluff when she actually gets on scene. I figure I can try Kim Luk, but it might be a longshot, and I can try Raven as well - but I don't actually want to use the "finding swag" (pg 287) rules where the contact makes the test, because I don't know what their dice pools look like (and it costs a little more). I mostly just need them to put Kreskin in touch with someone he can talk to, himself.
J. Packer
QUOTE (BlackHat @ Jan 11 2011, 12:34 PM) *
Well, if it is going to take 4 days (on average), I need to get started by noon Monday, right? biggrin.gif Or does trying to get in touch with her, or other contacts, count as beginning the process of searching for these items, so its mostly fluff when she actually gets on scene. I figure I can try Kim Luk, but it might be a longshot, and I can try Raven as well - but I don't actually want to use the "finding swag" (pg 287) rules where the contact makes the test, because I don't know what their dice pools look like (and it costs a little more). I mostly just need them to put Kreskin in touch with someone he can talk to, himself.

Yeah, I'm going to veto you typing up a post that's basically "I asked Kim Luk about the GL, and he had one under the counter!" but you can certainly use the relationships to get the ball rolling.

And I'm not a stickler for down to the hour count-downs on finding things. I mean, if you're close, and it fits well with the game, we'll finesse it.
klinktastic
I've got some stuff at work, but I'll try slip in the conclusion of my day before the conclusion of my day. I need cross the border from CAS to PCC, drop off the van, grab my bike, drop Wolf's share off, and head home to wake up and start building my response 5 commlink upgrade.

Edit - ok, I'm basically set until Saturday. If Cody gets the stuff early, I'll need him to come by so I can get the attachments put on.
BlackHat
QUOTE (J. Packer @ Jan 11 2011, 01:56 PM) *
I will leave it up to you. What I've done with others is roll the rolls in OOC - and I'm no fan of buying hits, so go ahead and roll them: glitches can be fun! - and then we can RP out the results. When it's something simple, like negotiating down the cost of the upgrade for his comm link, We did the rolls, and he wrote the RP entirely on his own. It's a shared, world after all, so why not let you guys wax poetic if that's your lean?

You have a starting point in Peaches, and another in your guy up in the PCC with the pawn shop. Run with it from there. Invent people if you need to, and I'll add them to my stable of NPCs.

I also ruled that you can purchase ammo for your weapon with the same hunt - you just use the highest rating for your threshold. So if he'd been looking for some 16F ammo, the search would have been twice as hard.

If I see that you've gotten to a point where you're waiting on a question from me, in IC, I'll jump in.

Okay, I'll throw out some rolls (see below) and an accompanying IC to get the ball rolling.
For the availability test, Kreskin will be talking to 3 contacts in particular (Peaches, although she can't help until Tuesday or whatever), Kim Luk (who said he would keep an eye out for concealable weapon holsters for Cody, and might be able to put him in touch with someone who deals in weapons), and the Johnson (who seems connected enough in the PCC, and deals with the mafia, so illegal favors are not out of the question). He needs to make a charisma (5) + etiquette (2) test. Even though I know all of these initial contacts, I want them to put me in touch with someone new, so if Klilnk was correct about adding 1 die for first-impression, I'll do that. It makes sense that once they introduce him to a guy who sells grenade launchers, he'll need to make a good impression. I also think that 5 karma just barely rounds up to 1 street cred (according to the section in the BBB), which Cody should be able to use for this test (leveraging the fact that he's just done a job for two of these people, and recently with the other - and it should give them some nice things to say about him to their friend). That's 9 dice.

The interval should be 1 day for each test, and it looks like I need 8 hits.

Day 1: 9d6.hits(5) = 5 hits (nice first day)
Day 2: 9d6.hits(5) = 1 hit (uneventful day, probably waiting to get some calls back)
Day 3: 9d6.hits(5) = 2 hits (arranging the actual meeting with the friend-of-a-friend?)

Oh crap! I made those rolls using etiquette when its a negotiation test. That would add one die to each roll, which is can't speed anything up unless they first two are both hits. Let's see if they are: 1 hit Nope. Still takes 3 days (so roughly Thursday night)

I can't seem to find the relevant rules, but once at the meeting, I think Kreskin needs to negotiate a price (assuming that is standard practice). The base'd be 725 nuyen. I'll assume first impression doesn't apply here, since i used it above, and I'm not sure if street-cred would or not, but its easier for you to lop off dice than me to add them on later, so for now I'll add it and you can cut a die if you don't think Kreskin's reputation comes into play. Kreskin also has a rating 6 emo-toy, but OOC I think they're kinda cheap (+6 dice for 600 nuyen, yes please!) so I'll leave those dice off... but if the guy I end up negotiating with has the balls to pull out an emo-toy, Kreskin will too (otherwise, it seems like a sign of good faith for both parties to just leave them tucked away). biggrin.gif

Since any percentage of 725 is unlikely to be more than 300, I won't bother using edge on this roll, and will save it in case Kreskin f's up on one of the many border crossings he's going to need to make between now and Saturday. biggrin.gif

So: Charisma (5) + Negotiation (3) + Street Cred (1) = 9 dice
9d6.hits(5) = 2 hits... but also a glitch (not critical though!)
Now, since it was a glitch, maybe I *should* use the remaining point of edge to counter act it, but that raises a question.

I know one of the uses of edge is to negate a glitch, and that might be what I need to do, but another one lets you reroll all dice that were not hits (in this case, 7 of the 9, including all 5 1s), would that also effectively remove the glitch (as long as the new results did not include 5 ones) or will the glitch effect still happen unless I use the edge to negate it, even if I use edge (instead) to change the results of the dice?
BlackHat
That'll teach me not to use my emotoy for 6 more dice (requiring 3 more 1's to glitch). wink.gif
BlackHat
Working on an IC to get the ball rolling while I wait for an answer to that edge/glitch question.
Also, here's a roll for the border crossing from CAS -> PCC:

Charisma 5 + Etiquette 2 + First-Impression 2 = 9 dice
9d6.hits(5) = 2 hits (no glitch)
J. Packer
Alright, BlackHat, here's where I'm at:

1) Why don't you find a different use for that 600Y. I forgot about how broken Emotitoys were, and should have said no when I saw it on your sheet. They're just a little too... y'know... You'll never go up against someone using one either, even if the adventure calls for it.

2) I was just looking through the Edge rules, and think that saying that the glitch goes away by choosing to reroll your non-hits gives it a bit too much utility. So I'd say either or in that situation.

3) Your PCC border crossing goes smoothly, but only just. You can roleplay that however you like.

4) Whomever you decide is your new point of contact for the sale on Thursday afternoon also got two hits, so no cost savings there at all.

I'll consider what to do with the glitch, but assume that it does not impede your transaction whatsoever.
BlackHat
Let's just say I use edge to negate the glitch. I'm sure it wouldn't have been horrible (and it might be wiser to save it to spare me a 300 fine when crossing a border), but I'd rather not get off on the wrong foot with any new contact, or make whichever contact put me in touch with him look bad by goofing up. biggrin.gif

If I end up doing the write up, I'll include a near-fuck-up or something.

Started with some IC, will do more in a bit.
BlackHat
Also, I don't blame you at all about the emo-toy, I hadn't planned on using it, but I thought I should have one in case they ever did come up. biggrin.gif
klinktastic
QUOTE (BlackHat @ Jan 11 2011, 04:39 PM) *
Also, I don't blame you at all about the emo-toy, I hadn't planned on using it, but I thought I should have one in case they ever did come up. biggrin.gif

Emotoys are uber gay! That's pretty funny because we were talking about those like 4 or 5 days back, wondering if JP would let that fly.

Also, good stuff on the narrative. Digging it!

@JP - You're mean!
J. Packer
QUOTE (BlackHat @ Jan 11 2011, 03:38 PM) *
Let's just say I use edge to negate the glitch. I'm sure it wouldn't have been horrible (and it might be wiser to save it to spare me a 300 fine when crossing a border), but I'd rather not get off on the wrong foot with any new contact, or make whichever contact put me in touch with him look bad by goofing up. biggrin.gif

Oh, I hadn't quite figured out what the glitch would have been, but I'd been debating between giving you thermal smoke grenades instead of the ones you requested, or perhaps having someone tail you after the meet. ork.gif

BlackHat
QUOTE (J. Packer @ Jan 11 2011, 05:43 PM) *
Oh, I hadn't quite figured out what the glitch would have been, but I'd been debating between giving you thermal smoke grenades instead of the ones you requested, or perhaps having someone tail you after the meet. ork.gif

Yeah, I'd rather pay a $300 fine at a border than either of those things. biggrin.gif Good use of edge, I guess.
J. Packer
QUOTE (klinktastic @ Jan 11 2011, 03:42 PM) *
That's pretty funny because we were talking about those like 4 or 5 days back, wondering if JP would let that fly.
@JP - You're mean!

Yeah, I should have caught it earlier, my bad. They're just unbalancing when it comes to social tests.

And you're lucky. I was going to have them break into the apartment and be waiting there, so you'd be all paranoid...
BlackHat
Would you like me to go ahead and write up the meetup, or did you want to handle it from here? (either of us will probably want to handle it later, though. I'll probably meet up with angel first, since the meet won't take place until Thursday)

Also, IIRC, I have an a day of downtime to myself. If that remains the case, I'll probably spend it on some separate checks to locate some concealable holsters. OH! That'd be a good way to blow $600, actually (although as part of the rebuild, I was hoping I could spend some of the leftover nuyen that just washed away)

I was also thinking about either picking up a Morrissey Elan (holdout pistol that's immune to MAD scanners), but I'll never be able to track down high-C ammo to go with it (and, AFAIK, a MAD scanner is almost as likely to notice the metal on the bullets in the gun, as the gun itself). With avail 5, and cost of ~450, that might be a better use of the 600 (that pistol, and a concealable holster to go with it first right in the 600 budget).

The wiki is back up, and it looks like Cody had 1143 unspent nuyen. As part of the shuffling stuff you said you'd let us do, can I spend some of that? THe only things I think I really care about making sure I picked up would be a clip or two of ammo to go with the new pistol, and maybe some more concealable holsters (for the other two pistols, and the knives). The total would be way under 1000, but if you'd rather I just leave it lost, I'm good with that, too.
BlackHat
QUOTE (J. Packer @ Jan 10 2011, 02:39 PM) *
Peaches can be considered a 2/1 contact for the group, yes.

Is that loyalty 2, connection 1, or loyalty 1, connection 2?
Also, what was our original (free) contact supposed to be L3/C2 or L2/C3?

I can't remember which number comes first, and I'm trying to update my sheet to make that more clear for future reference.
J. Packer
QUOTE (BlackHat @ Jan 11 2011, 03:59 PM) *
Would you like me to go ahead and write up the meetup, or did you want to handle it from here? (either of us will probably want to handle it later, though. I'll probably meet up with angel first, since the meet won't take place until Thursday)

Also, IIRC, I have an a day of downtime to myself. If that remains the case, I'll probably spend it on some separate checks to locate some concealable holsters. OH! That'd be a good way to blow $600, actually (although as part of the rebuild, I was hoping I could spend some of the leftover nuyen that just washed away)

I was also thinking about either picking up a Morrissey Elan (holdout pistol that's immune to MAD scanners), but I'll never be able to track down high-C ammo to go with it (and, AFAIK, a MAD scanner is almost as likely to notice the metal on the bullets in the gun, as the gun itself). With avail 5, and cost of ~450, that might be a better use of the 600 (that pistol, and a concealable holster to go with it first right in the 600 budget).

The wiki is back up, and it looks like Cody had 1143 unspent nuyen. As part of the shuffling stuff you said you'd let us do, can I spend some of that? THe only things I think I really care about making sure I picked up would be a clip or two of ammo to go with the new pistol, and maybe some more concealable holsters (for the other two pistols, and the knives). The total would be way under 1000, but if you'd rather I just leave it lost, I'm good with that, too.

You may write the entire scene if you like, or you may drop it at a break point and let me step in if you would prefer. I don't want to force anyone to do more than they feel comfortable doing.

As for the "rebuild" between sessions, I am entirely okay with changes that you make to gear, so long as he remains "street legal" afterwards - no more than 320 points, etc. So by all means, spend some money on something cool.
J. Packer
QUOTE (BlackHat @ Jan 11 2011, 04:02 PM) *
Is that loyalty 2, connection 1, or loyalty 1, connection 2?
Also, what was our original (free) contact supposed to be L3/C2 or L2/C3?

I can't remember which number comes first, and I'm trying to update my sheet to make that more clear for future reference.

I tend to put Contact before Loyalty, so Peaches is C2/L1, and your freebie can be either way.
BlackHat
You mentioned Longfeather was an L1 contact. Do we know what his connection rating is?
In theory, in order to get a hold of these people, I need to roll a d6 against those numbers, so it'll probably save a cross-post if we know them, but if its secret, that's fine too.
BlackHat
Oh roflcopter. I apparantly needed to use up my gear-money quickly, because Kreskin shelled out 2,600 nuyen for the MOBILE version of the emotoy (the one that is a minidrone), because I thought it would be funny to have a tiny robot stage magician stumbling around on a table negotiating with whatever toy the other person yonked out.

Still dont' mind me re-allocating the money?
BlackHat
Also, it looks like "concealable holsters" are technically a "firearm accessory". Any objection to me getting some for my knives (concealable sheaths)? I'm good either way, but thought I'd ask.
BlackHat
Updated gear. Removed the EmoToy. Added the Elan, two flashpacks (good for distractions) and a bunch of concealable holsters (which Kim can find for him, coincidentally, the next day - they're easy enough to buy, anyway). I also added a rating 6 encryption program with ergonomic and optimization options (to help his commlink from getting hacked too easily), a false bottomed briefcase, and a handful of blank datachips (and one fingernail data storage unit). I couldn't think of how to blow the last bit, so I decided to pick up a "professional camera" from Arsenal. Seems like something a good pickpocket may have lifted off of some tourist, or something. Sounded like fun.

I made sure the availabilities of everything are legal for this game, but lemme know if you want me to edit anything off the list.
J. Packer
You paid for that money with BP, by all means, spend it. Just not on anything that's outside of the restrictions I put on at character building time.

I'll look at what concealable holsters do and see how that might apply to knives.

And the Koshari fellow is C4
BlackHat
Yeah, it should be all legal, and other than buying the magic coin box, I haven't spent any in game money yet.

Concealable holsters reduce the concealability of the weapon (firearm) stored in them by 1.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012