Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Denver Missions Team 2
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28
J. Packer
QUOTE (BlackHat @ Jan 11 2011, 05:32 PM) *
Yeah, it should be all legal, and other than buying the magic coin box, I haven't spent any in game money yet.

Concealable holsters reduce the concealability of the weapon (firearm) stored in them by 1.

Yeah, I can go with concealable sheaths, for knives only. No concealable scabbards for your monofilament swords for example. smile.gif
Kim
@BlackHat: Want me to roll for the border crossing?
BlackHat
Its probably about the same odds either way, but why don't we use a teamwork test (at which point, Kreskin should probably take lead).

IIRC, Angel would have 11 dice, Kreskin will have 12, but he can gain 2 from teamwork and Angel can only gain 1.
J. Packer
QUOTE (BlackHat @ Jan 11 2011, 07:02 PM) *
Its probably about the same odds either way, but why don't we use a teamwork test (at which point, Kreskin should probably take lead).

IIRC, Angel would have 11 dice, Kreskin will have 12, but he can gain 2 from teamwork and Angel can only gain 1.

That's my understanding, from a purely mechanical perspective.
BlackHat
To speed things along, I'll post with 12 dice, and if Angel somehow gets less than 2 hits, we can lop a few dice off. It probably won't end up mattering.

14d6.hits(5) = 4 hits, only 1 of which came from assists, so we're clear either way.
Kim
Just made a post where I would try after you in stead of helping.
Good we made it past smile.gif
BlackHat
Also, I dunno if it would be on the car ride over, or later, but a topic I imagine they will discover they have in common is magic - since Angel is a magician (or a shaman, actually) and Kreskin has magic background knowledge as an interest.
klinktastic
This is freaking awesome. I'm digging this alot. The RP and storytelling is just amazing. Great job everyone. Shit, if we ball out, we might get karma while not running missions.
BlackHat
Fun times, but gotta head to bed soon, so I'll pick it up tomorrow.
I'm working on a post for later regarding buying the goods, so hopefully I can jump from the date to dropping Riot's stuff of in one post.
BlackHat
@Kim The drinking game sounds fun (aside from us getting kicked out of the high-class restaurant for using vulgar language), but I'm worried it could take a good while in RL to go back and forth (and I'm not sure how much time JP wants us to kill with downtime stuff). Did you just want one of us to do a "wrap up" post that describes you getting wasted, or would you wanna make it into some opposed tests (for fun), or was there particular information you're hoping to get out once Kreskin's liqored up, etc. smile.gif If you have a plan, I don't want to gloss over it, but if not, we might not want to hold everyone up if we can capture the scene in a post or two.

What do you think?
Kim
I certainly didn't plan to actually play the game. That's why I added Kim’s intentions, so you could say if she finds out what she wants to know or not. I just didn’t want to assume you were going to talk about sex with her.

Opposed tests is fine, just say what you want to roll.

As for worrying about being thrown out, I’m pretty sure no one will even hear us if we don’t start screaming.

BlackHat
Whether or not one of us starts screaming the obscenities probably depends heavily on whether or not they are betting on the outcome. wink.gif
BlackHat
Anyways, I take it then you want me to finish it up with a post regarding the sorts of terms Kreskin comes up to, while Angel plays along but mostly ends up getting drunk? smile.gif

EDIT: About to head out from work, but should be able to post some tonight.
Kim
~lol~ Kim can't win then.... she's too hungry to risk being kicked out before she got her food.
Kim
QUOTE (BlackHat @ Jan 12 2011, 10:46 PM) *
Anyways, I take it then you want me to finish it up with a post regarding the sorts of terms Kreskin comes up to, while Angel plays along but mostly ends up getting drunk? smile.gif

EDIT: About to head out from work, but should be able to post some tonight.

No no.... her point for playing is so she can talk about sex with Kreskin......it's not like she wants to lose, but she doesn't know if Kreskin is a good loser... that and she wants to drink red wine during dinner and not champagne.
BlackHat
Ah, okay, that'll help inform my next post. I just saw she had a (mild) alcohol addiction and figured getting drunk might be a goal in an of itself.
Kim
QUOTE (BlackHat @ Jan 12 2011, 10:53 PM) *
Ah, okay, that'll help inform my next post. I just saw she had a (mild) alcohol addiction and figured getting drunk might be a goal in an of itself.

Kim doesn't have an addiction.
Zyerne
Her sheet says otherwise.
klinktastic
Also, anyone else have thoughts on the TR of the next run? I'm voting for TR 2. Lets try that out, and see how we like it.

Also, if you don't have flare comp and thermal graphic, please get it. I have smoke and flashbangs now to debuff and distract enemies, so we can either engage or flee. I will be making a post ingame once I have the grenade launcher.
Kim
QUOTE (Zyerne @ Jan 12 2011, 10:59 PM) *
Her sheet says otherwise.

The addiction is omnipresent but not blatant or intrusive; it may not even be recognized or acknowledged.

Kim just drinks a lot, it helps with the headaches.
Kim
QUOTE (klinktastic @ Jan 12 2011, 11:01 PM) *
Also, anyone else have thoughts on the TR of the next run? I'm voting for TR 2. Lets try that out, and see how we like it.

Also, if you don't have flare comp and thermal graphic, please get it. I have smoke and flashbangs now to debuff and distract enemies, so we can either engage or flee. I will be making a post ingame once I have the grenade launcher.

I'm fine with any TR.

Kim will look for AR glasses soon. Hope she'll find the right ones.
J. Packer
QUOTE (Kim @ Jan 12 2011, 03:12 PM) *
Kim will look for AR glasses soon. Hope she'll find the right ones.

You can find stylish fashion glasses for 50Y easily, at any store. Heck, probably a dozen stores at the metroplex mall nearby your hotel. Add in Thermographics and Flare compensation and you're looking at 200Y and an availability of 8. Not impossible to find, just not at every store you look into...
Kim
QUOTE (J. Packer @ Jan 12 2011, 11:26 PM) *
You can find stylish fashion glasses for 50Y easily, at any store. Heck, probably a dozen stores at the metroplex mall nearby your hotel. Add in Thermographics and Flare compensation and you're looking at 200Y and an availability of 8. Not impossible to find, just not at every store you look into...

Hehe, I meant if noone tells her to, she might end up being quite happy about her new glasses only to find they are no good next time she meets Riot.
klinktastic
QUOTE (Kim @ Jan 12 2011, 04:44 PM) *
Hehe, I meant if noone tells her to, she might end up being quite happy about her new glasses only to find they are no good next time she meets Riot.

I'm sending out a text Tuesday morning. So unless you're a compulsive matrix shopper, you'll be alright.
Kim
QUOTE (klinktastic @ Jan 12 2011, 11:47 PM) *
I'm sending out a text Tuesday morning. So unless you're a compulsive matrix shopper, you'll be alright.

Thanks
Kim
Edited my IC post to include an influence roll for the game.
J. Packer
If you would all be so kind, please do what you can to wrap things up in terms of the inter-session stuff shortly. I'd like to start the next scenario tomorrow sometime, if at all possible.

So find yourselves someplace to be around 2pm on Saturday in the game, so I know how to get you involved again.
klinktastic
I'm wrapped up, only thing on Thursday, when Kreskin brings the launcher, I'm going to have him take to the shop to get the airtburst and external smartlink installed. Any thoughts on how much Clutch will want for that?
J. Packer
QUOTE (klinktastic @ Jan 12 2011, 08:03 PM) *
I'm wrapped up, only thing on Thursday, when Kreskin brings the launcher, I'm going to have him take to the shop to get the airtburst and external smartlink installed. Any thoughts on how much Clutch will want for that?

"Pretty standard modifications, but a complex piece of hardware. About four hours work, all totaled. Normally, we'd be talking about 100Y, but for a chummer... you bring a case of beer and help me with the little fiddly screws, and we'll call it 50."
klinktastic
Cool, I'll mark it off. So we'll basically wait for BlackHat to post up his RP of this illegal goods hunting, and we should be pretty set. Maybe Kreskin asks Kim to come watch Combat Biker? I was thinking maybe invite Wolf along? I'm having a hard time coming up with a reason I'd want to invite Doc....anyway, we can cross that bridge later.

Also, are you running different missions for the different groups? Or same missions? And oh yeah, what does the factions points do?

Also, don't use the optional rule for hacking...I like my character too much the way he is, I don't wanna revise him again. grinbig.gif
J. Packer
QUOTE (klinktastic @ Jan 12 2011, 09:08 PM) *
Cool, I'll mark it off. So we'll basically wait for BlackHat to post up his RP of this illegal goods hunting, and we should be pretty set. Maybe Kreskin asks Kim to come watch Combat Biker? I was thinking maybe invite Wolf along? I'm having a hard time coming up with a reason I'd want to invite Doc....anyway, we can cross that bridge later.

Also, are you running different missions for the different groups? Or same missions? And oh yeah, what does the factions points do?

Also, don't use the optional rule for hacking...I like my character too much the way he is, I don't wanna revise him again. grinbig.gif

Yeah, we'll need to get Sleep's input on how to get Doc involved. Heck,I could just have her be the one that invites all of you to the next big dance.

I'm going to do the missions in order for both groups, but don't be surprised if things start to diverge a bit between them.

I'll hold off any new house rules. I'm still chewing on that one anyway...

Faction:
Tracking Faction
A special feature, in Shadowrun
Missions, is Faction. As PCs proceed
through the adventures in Denver, they may
develop good or bad standing with many of
the underworld organizations. These
standings will affect their ability to interact
with those groups.
Because of this, when calculating
character awards at the end of the session,
make sure to also mark off the faction
changes that were earned in the adventure.
(As noted in Picking up the Pieces.)
In game play, characters will gain bonus
dice or suffer dice pool penalties for each
tick of faction they have for social
interactions dealing with NPCs belonging to
those groups. For example, when
attempting to negotiate with a Mr. Johnson
affiliated with the Casquilho Mafia,
characters who have two ticks towards Ally
will have an extra two dice for any
negotiation attempt. Characters can only
gain or lose standing through gameplay.
klinktastic
Cool, that's pretty nice. Little extra dice if we decide to have the Koshari help us find things.
BlackHat
QUOTE (J. Packer @ Jan 12 2011, 09:58 PM) *
If you would all be so kind, please do what you can to wrap things up in terms of the inter-session stuff shortly. I'd like to start the next scenario tomorrow sometime, if at all possible.

So find yourselves someplace to be around 2pm on Saturday in the game, so I know how to get you involved again.

Heading to bed, but should be able to wrap up the scene tomorrow, and post the grenade launcher stuff, and basically fast forward to Saturday. Kim and I can work out any specifics in Pm and edit them in if necessary .
Zyerne
I need a short scene with Raven. I'll get something posted later.

In the meantime, border crossings rolls:

6d6.hits(5) → [1,2,1,4,6,4] = (1)
6d6.hits(5) → [6,4,2,4,3,6] = (2)

Was it ok to use edge on them or not?
Kim
QUOTE (J. Packer @ Jan 13 2011, 03:58 AM) *

Oops, somehow I had in my mind that we had to entertain ourselves until Saturday.

To wrap things up quickly:
Kim’s intentions are to ask many personal questions, so I can assume she knows Cody Demasi’s background. Blackhat should just write the lies he plans to tell.
Should we play out the dare in PM?
After that, Kim will only want to know 3 more things: does Kreskin want dessert and/or go to a club to dance and/or go to her hotel room.

Kim’s plans for the rest are just to meet with Suzuki and buy the AR glasses.
J. Packer
QUOTE (Zyerne @ Jan 12 2011, 10:56 PM) *
I need a short scene with Raven. I'll get something posted later.

In the meantime, border crossings rolls:

6d6.hits(5) → [1,2,1,4,6,4] = (1)
6d6.hits(5) → [6,4,2,4,3,6] = (2)

Was it ok to use edge on them or not?

Yes, you may. Your edge will reset at the start of the next scenario. So if you want to correct for that first one, that'll be fine. Otherwise, you'll be looking to have to bribe your way past the problem at 300Y.

You've seen how much latitude I've given here, so go nuts writing up your trip home, your drinking session, and as much of your meet with Raven as you feel comfortable doing. If there's something you think I ought to have a say in, leave it as a cliffhanger and I'll step in.
J. Packer
QUOTE (Kim @ Jan 13 2011, 04:01 AM) *
Oops, somehow I had in my mind that we had to entertain ourselves until Saturday.

To wrap things up quickly:
Kim’s intentions are to ask many personal questions, so I can assume she knows Cody Demasi’s background. Blackhat should just write the lies he plans to tell.
Should we play out the dare in PM?
After that, Kim will only want to know 3 more things: does Kreskin want dessert and/or go to a club to dance and/or go to her hotel room.

Kim’s plans for the rest are just to meet with Suzuki and buy the AR glasses.

I'll give you a little more time to finish all that up. Notably, I'll want to be involved in the RP when you meet with Suzuki, so if you can get yourself to that point, I'll jump back in.
BlackHat
Working on a big IC reply that should free Angel and Kreskin up and get him to Saturday... but one way or another, there will be a few more border crossings (one to get back home at the end of the night. Two more on Thursday to drop of Riot's kit, and one more on Saterday to go see a combat biker game with him).

Charisma 5 + Etiquette 2 + First Impression 2 + Sin 3 = 12 dice

Crossing 1: 12 dice = 5 hits
Crossings 2-3: (Noticed I could do multiple rolls in one submit) 12 dice each = 3, 3, and 4 hits

Kreskin shouldn't have much trouble at the border this week
BlackHat
Breaking the above-mentioned post into two, because I'm not quite done with the second part, and I need to restart my computer and attend a meeting. Should (hopefully) have everything resolved by lunch. If Kim sees this before then, let me know if the resolution for Truth or Dare is to your satisfaction, or if you want to have Angel call "BS" on one of Kreskin's lies. smile.gif (I can edit if that's the case)
Zyerne
Wow, Kreskin's got a mean streak smile.gif
J. Packer
QUOTE (Zyerne @ Jan 13 2011, 07:34 AM) *
Wow, Kreskin's got a mean streak smile.gif

He just don't play fair...
BlackHat
Well, he does have a gambling specialty of "cheating"... so he's used to bending the rules when playing games. smile.gif
klinktastic
@BT - Post up your story, I'll amend my posts and time stamps accordingly. Don't worry about altering your's. Also, you gonna cost me any more than the 1000 I gave you?
BlackHat
Nope, it might have if I had gotten stuck up on the border while delivering, but it looks like I'm probably clear.
ALMOST finished with the post. Will have it in the next half hour.
Kim
QUOTE (BlackHat @ Jan 13 2011, 02:51 PM) *
Breaking the above-mentioned post into two, because I'm not quite done with the second part, and I need to restart my computer and attend a meeting. Should (hopefully) have everything resolved by lunch. If Kim sees this before then, let me know if the resolution for Truth or Dare is to your satisfaction, or if you want to have Angel call "BS" on one of Kreskin's lies. smile.gif (I can edit if that's the case)

Even if Kim thinks some answers don't make sense, she doesn't seem to care.
You can read her background, if you've asked it you'll know it.

[ Spoiler ]
BlackHat
QUOTE (klinktastic @ Jan 13 2011, 10:38 AM) *
@BT - Post up your story, I'll amend my posts and time stamps accordingly. Don't worry about altering your's.

Posted. The only alter I think is that I had Kreskin delivering the goods late Thursday night / early Friday Morning (since he didn't' get started until late Monday night, and I figured these sort of shady deals happen after business hours).
BlackHat
And assuming there is nothing I need to retcon in that last post, that should bring Kreskin up to Saturday as well. I think he had one more day of downtime to himself (Friday) , but I don't have anything critical to do, and we can assume he spent that day ironing out the gear changes that I did as part of the emo-toy/reshuffling thing.
klinktastic
QUOTE (BlackHat @ Jan 13 2011, 10:11 AM) *
And assuming there is nothing I need to retcon in that last post, that should bring Kreskin up to Saturday as well. I think he had one more day of downtime to himself (Friday) , but I don't have anything critical to do, and we can assume he spent that day ironing out the gear changes that I did as part of the emo-toy/reshuffling thing.

All good. I adjusted my post slightly. Should be good. So Z needs to decide if he's coming to watch. Looks like Kim will need to post up her RP with her friend and then it looks like you're bringing her to the bar (which will be funny if Wolf comes).
BlackHat
That's the plan.
Zyerne
If Wolf was invited, I missed it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012