Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Denver Missions Team 2
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28
J. Packer
QUOTE (klinktastic @ Jan 6 2011, 06:27 PM) *
Oh really! Hmm, gosh...I'm having a hard time not looking at the mission. Can't wait to finish it to read it. Should be pretty interesting to see where we could have done better, or made more adventageous decisions.

Or where I deviated from the published work, or totally misread something? smile.gif
klinktastic
QUOTE (J. Packer @ Jan 6 2011, 07:44 PM) *
Or where I deviated from the published work, or totally misread something? smile.gif

LOL, well you said you were going to customize it and tailor it to suit your needs. Honestly, definitely one of the most fun 'runs I've been apart of in a while. And the fact that it's PbP is pretty awesome.

I'm trying to find a local group...I've got like 2 so far....that wants to play a multi-media game. By multi-media, I mean play once ever week or two weeks, but between physical gaming sessions, we'd play online via PbP forum posting and email. That way, you can do things like inter-session purchases or other things. Then you can do some of the preliminary meets, legwork, etc as well. I tend to find that the actual RP between the PCs and even to NPCs is better when people have time to think and type, as opposed to some people who are a little more shy or whatever.

Unfortunately, it's really hard to find people who want to invest that kind of time into gaming that are cool, fun, and smart. You either find those kinds of people, but they only have time for casual gaming or those special people who you don't want to game with.
sabs
Sadly you're not in the philly area question.gif)
J. Packer
No lie, I've been seriously considering a "face to face" game via Skype.
sabs
I play in one every other week, it's okay smile.gif though you need a paying accounts to make it good.

klinktastic
Yeah, its possible. I've never used skype before. I've heard decent things. It at least keeps the commutes down. In a PbP game, at least if you're all in a reasonablely close time zones, I guess you could skype the combats.
Zyerne
QUOTE (klinktastic @ Jan 7 2011, 08:52 PM) *
Seeing that both Wolf and Doc leaving their heavy weapons in the van.

Wolf's a lot more dangerous with the katana he's still carrying
klinktastic
I know, but Riot doesn't.
BlackHat
Kreskin's dangerousness just doubled simply by stepping out of the van.
Zyerne
Just took a look at Cody's sheet. You have 2 pistols and no pistols skill?
Kim
~lol~ Is everyone paranoid or is Kim too trusting?
BlackHat
QUOTE (Zyerne @ Jan 7 2011, 04:45 PM) *
Just took a look at Cody's sheet. You have 2 pistols and no pistols skill?

And two knives with no blades skill!

The heavy pistol is just a decoy, anyway. I figure if someone pats him down, or asks for him to hand over his weapons, they'll find the heavy pistol and be less likely to keep looking for a more carefully hidden holdout. I'm not sure why Kreskin thinks its that important to have the holdout, when he totally sucks with it, and it doesn't do enough damage to actually kill anyone, but you know.

At least he would probably *seem* intimidating if he pulls a gun on someone. They don't know he can barely fire it.
BlackHat
QUOTE (Kim @ Jan 7 2011, 04:47 PM) *
~lol~ Is everyone paranoid or is Kim too trusting?

Both? biggrin.gif
SleepIncarnate
Kim's got magic, she IS her best weapon, the rest of the team are mundanes. We need weapons. Although I am tempted to make Doc an adept with my tweaks.
klinktastic
Wouldnt be bad. I cant wait for the inter-session. I need my MGL6...
Zyerne
@JP OI! nyahnyah.gif How about giving the rest of us a chance to react?
J. Packer
QUOTE (Zyerne @ Jan 7 2011, 03:31 PM) *
@JP OI! nyahnyah.gif How about giving the rest of us a chance to react?

Jump in! PbP lends itself to retcons if I've stepped on your toes. smile.gif
Zyerne
It's too late now for what I was going to post.
J. Packer
QUOTE (Zyerne @ Jan 7 2011, 03:34 PM) *
It's too late now for what I was going to post.

It's never too late. I can easily replace my post with a note that it was deleted and take yours into consideration.
klinktastic
Post it up in here, unless its contradicting Kim's post. Because that was obvious. Sucks when playing yoru character costs you loot at the end of a run...
J. Packer
Yup, I'm always willing to adapt when I've gone too far in my storytelling. I do it face to face, it's even easier here. smile.gif

Oh, and I might be scare around here tonight and tomorrow morning. Got a sick wife at home - picked up some virus or other...
klinktastic
Of course, conveniently sick as we end our run. Giving the other team a chance to catch up?
Zyerne
Given that both teams are basically doing the same runs, my thought is that each mission should start at the same time, with whichever team finishes first hoping over to the other team's OOC and throwing peanuts.
J. Packer
QUOTE (Zyerne @ Jan 7 2011, 03:48 PM) *
Given that both teams are basically doing the same runs, my thought is that each mission should start at the same time, with whichever team finishes first hoping over to the other team's OOC and throwing peanuts.

Well, I think you guys started a day after they did, and are about a day ahead of them in getting to the end, I'd gauge. smile.gif
Kim
QUOTE (J. Packer @ Jan 7 2011, 11:32 PM) *
Jump in! PbP lends itself to retcons if I've stepped on your toes. smile.gif

Still hoping Zyerne will make that post.
Zyerne
I did, it's 2 above yours.
klinktastic
He did. I moved mine down since it made more sense in that order.
klinktastic
LOL....so close...yet so far away. Probably be able to finish it off tomorrow.

Anyone have plans for down time? I need to upgrade my commlink's response from 3 to 5, get an MGL 6 and put my external smartlink and airburst link (maybe ammo selector as well), and potentially hack and jack a van for team use later on.
J. Packer
Eh, I came home to find her more well than I'd expected. An extra five or six hours of sleep'll do that for ya. So we'll see how much farther we can get this weekend, maybe wrap things up.
klinktastic
The text I sent to Clutch is just a made up NPC for the Ironsiders. He just runs one of the Chop Shops in the CAS region. We can say its the one that Riot works out of the most. I just kind of made up a roll, but figured it made sense, since the favor isn't really for me, its for the Koshari on behalf of our organization anyway.
klinktastic
Slow today...
J. Packer
Yeah, we were out dealing with car issues. Wife's Beetle was coming off lease, and we had to do something about it. Got a pretty good deal on a used Toureg to replace it - she was tired of being tiny, and a recent accident makes me happier with her in a big heavy truck - so it was a good, if boring, day.
klinktastic
At least it was a productive day. I got 60 CCs of blood drained from my knee and then got to sit around the rest of the day, icing and elevating. Got to spend quality time with the GF, watch movies, and play with SR here and there.
BlackHat
How much do we find on the new credsticks (he mentioned a deduction)? Big boss obviously wasn't that impressed with us, but when interacting with Michael on the way out can I assume the 4 hits were enough that he'd be generally positive toward Kreskin?
J. Packer
Michael was definitely handling things on a professional level. When you have a look at the credsticks, one is maxed at 5K, the other sits at 2K.
klinktastic
Oh, so it was 500 less than the total we were supposed to get? its was 7500 in advance and 7500 to complete. How does one go about spreading the credits out of a stick?
J. Packer
QUOTE (klinktastic @ Jan 8 2011, 08:36 PM) *
Oh, so it was 500 less than the total we were supposed to get? its was 7500 in advance and 7500 to complete. How does one go about spreading the credits out of a stick?

Well, I know that you can get a few other credsticks and transfer the money onto them... But then, you have five others from the Koshari fellow, you could put the money onto those...

and yes, docked 500 for impertinence and a failure to observe the forms. smile.gif
klinktastic
Just finished reading thru the mission. Pretty interesting, actually pretty surprised at the quality of the writing and the contingency planning they put into it. It was a bit predictable, as they tend to play to stereotypes and shadowrun tropes a bit too much. Anyway, I thought you ran it well. Definitely selected the interesting additional encounters. It would have been rather bland without them. All in all, it was a great start to the adventure. Pretty interesting to see the difference in our group's approach and the other group's approach. Obviously our differing makes up dictate our strategies a bit, but interesting no the less.
klinktastic
QUOTE (J. Packer @ Jan 8 2011, 09:58 PM) *
Well, I know that you can get a few other credsticks and transfer the money onto them... But then, you have five others from the Koshari fellow, you could put the money onto those...

and yes, docked 500 for impertinence and a failure to observe the forms. smile.gif

Can this transfer be performed on a personal commlink? Or do you have to go to a bank?
J. Packer
QUOTE (klinktastic @ Jan 8 2011, 09:06 PM) *
Can this transfer be performed on a personal commlink? Or do you have to go to a bank?

Looks like, RAW, you have to use an institution to do so - that there has to be some sort of certifying authority.
J. Packer
QUOTE (klinktastic @ Jan 8 2011, 09:04 PM) *
Just finished reading thru the mission. Pretty interesting, actually pretty surprised at the quality of the writing and the contingency planning they put into it. It was a bit predictable, as they tend to play to stereotypes and shadowrun tropes a bit too much. Anyway, I thought you ran it well. Definitely selected the interesting additional encounters. It would have been rather bland without them. All in all, it was a great start to the adventure. Pretty interesting to see the difference in our group's approach and the other group's approach. Obviously our differing makes up dictate our strategies a bit, but interesting no the less.

At this point, this is the third time they'd done these Missions, and I think they came to understand that you can't predict who your party will be made up of. Sometimes you get five or six street sams, and sometimes you get three street docs, a shaman and a hacker who is a brain in a jar.
J. Packer
Everyone on the team earns 5 points of Karma for the run.

In addition, there are Faction points assigned. You each have earned a point of faction with the Koshari and with the Chavez Mafia, as well as a point of faction with the Fronts, for proving your toughness without slaughtering them.

In addition, for your success, you may add Mark Longfeather, the Raven-masked Koshari, as a Loyalty 1 contact.
J. Packer
I'd like some opinions on this:

I ran this adventure as a Table Level 1 - that is, assuming you're fairly green. In fact, you're built on fewer points than anticipated by the adventure. Did you feel appropriately challenged, or would you like for me to ramp up the challenge (and along with it, the rewards) for the next round?
J. Packer
And just because four posts in a row aren't sufficient - if you have plans for your new funds, or to spend any Karma or do research or the like, once you've separated, you'll have four full days, until Saturday morning - call it four and a half days - before things go active again.
klinktastic
I mean, what do you mean by increasing difficulty. It looks like answer to increasing difficulty was adding more and harder combat encounters. Given that we haven't had much combat, its hard to say how we'd do....though I think you could pump it up a little. As far as other encounters, hacking, social, etc, we might have a tougher time since we just don't have adequate resources to dump into those. But we seem like a resourceful group, so I think we could handle maybe 2 or 3 table rating. Be interested to see what the others think.

5 Karma? Boo! We didn't do enough RP and come up with good enough ideas to warrent that extra karma point?

Mark Longfeather - What's his connection rating? Oh...I could look that up I suppose. It's a 3 right?

I know we're not quite finished with the run, but lets assume we're freed up come April 5th....N/M...saw your post. Looks like 4.5 days. Workable.

My IC vote is that Kim takes 500 less nuyen, as opposed to each of us taking 100 less. But all in all, I don't care that much personally. 100 ain't going to make or break me.

I'll have my karma and nuyen spend up tomorrow morning.
J. Packer
Sometimes increasing the TR means you're offered more money. Sometimes it means there's one more mook in the combat. Sometimes it means that instead of being pursued by bikers, you're pursued by the ZDF. smile.gif

klinktastic
QUOTE (J. Packer @ Jan 8 2011, 11:22 PM) *
Sometimes increasing the TR means you're offered more money. Sometimes it means there's one more mook in the combat. Sometimes it means that instead of being pursued by bikers, you're pursued by the ZDF. smile.gif

Which is the same thing as I said: Increased Difficulty = Harder Combats....I'm fine bumping it up a notch or two.
BlackHat
Increased Difficulty probably means increased dice pools across the board, so our social, hacking, etc will require more hits - I think it will affect more than combat - but I'm fine with going either way on the difficulty. I'll think about what Kreskin will do with the 4 days and extra cash (as well as any modifications to the build, but I don't think I need any). As for the money, I would lean towards splitting it evenly (despite the gaff being called out as Angel's) - but I suspect that a group of Runners who barely know one another won't come to that same decision.

Given that it sounds a little tricky to transfer the funds (SIN verification at the bank, etc), if we *do* decide to stick together as a real team of Runners (and start looking for a second job, together), it might make sense to just put the 7K in a "party fund" for expenses we rack up as part of future runs (or to get a team safehouse, or a team vehicle, etc.

That said, I don't think anyone has even brought up the idea that any of us will ever see one another again, after tonight. biggrin.gif
klinktastic
Revised my post in the IC thread, added the following:

-stated that anyone with a real SIN should transfer the money around
-Kim should get 2000, not 2500
-looked up plans for the response 5 upgrade I'm about to do (see spoiler)
-sent message to Kreskin, trying to enlist his help finding me a grenade launcher

Karma expenditure:

-2 Karma to add specialization to Hardware skill - specialization Build/Repair
-2 Karma to add specialization to Hacking skill - specialization Exploit
-1 Karma to be saved

Upgrading commlink response to 5:

[ Spoiler ]
SleepIncarnate
I'll come up with changes/activities tomorrow, just got back from work, had a bad night, and I still have homework to do so that comes first (it's due before I wake up tomorrow). I have the day off to move to days once again (someone is really jacking up our schedules) so will get to it eventually.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012