Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Denver Missions Team 2
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28
Kim
Any idea why B was still awake at 5am, if he didn’t know the BCs were coming to get him?
klinktastic
QUOTE (Kim @ Jan 28 2011, 03:55 PM) *
Any idea why B was still awake at 5am, if he didn’t know the BCs were coming to get him?

The sleeping pills weren't working? Idk, there's too many contradictory clues and we've not gotten anything clarified. Need more information....or just steal B back and be done with it.
Kim
QUOTE (klinktastic @ Jan 28 2011, 10:57 PM) *
The sleeping pills weren't working? Idk, there's too many contradictory clues and we've not gotten anything clarified. Need more information....or just steal B back and be done with it.

No, it's not the sleeping pills... he still had his clothes on.
BlackHat
Maybe the BCs were as polite as we are, and called him up and explained that they were coming to get him, and it wasn't anything personal - just biz - and that he'd be back in a day or two, and he might as well stay dressed, because its cold out, and they wouldn't want him to catch a cold.
Zyerne
If only we had that much style.
Kim
What is the weather like in Denver? What city can I compare it with in Europe?
SleepIncarnate
It's pretty varied, sometimes changing from snow to sunshine in a matter of minutes. It gets hot in the summer, cold and heavy snow in the winter, and the weather is unpredictable, though the one constant is a lack of heavy winds thanks to the mountains. Not sure what city in Europe it would be comparable to, maybe somewhere in Switzerland near the Alps, or draw from a number of cities depending on the time of year. For example, in April, it's pretty similar to Madrid or Toledo in April, but it probably gets colder in the winter than either of those cities does.
klinktastic
QUOTE (Kim @ Jan 28 2011, 04:08 PM) *
What is the weather like in Denver? What city can I compare it with in Europe?

Yeah, I was going to say maybe something like Interlaken, Switzerland? Not sure how close the Alps Interlaken is . Might be a close enough guess. Maybe something in northern Italy too.
Kim
Ah, thanks... warmer than I thought.

You just made me look it up.
April 9 lowest -17° (1928) highest 31° (1930), guess it could be anything.
klinktastic
Yeah, I mean you can do some weather searches, maybe alamanc historical weather. It gets a lot of snow, since its high up, but its not as cool (except during the dead of winter) as one would think. It's has a very interesting weather pattern since its up against the mountains. Never been there though, not much of a skiier and/or hiker.
Kim
I'll just go with the averages of 1C at night and 16C during the day, unless JP tells us otherwise.
klinktastic
QUOTE (Kim @ Jan 28 2011, 04:44 PM) *
I'll just go with the averages of 1C at night and 16C during the day, unless JP tells us otherwise.

Yeah, I mean it probably has relatively little effect during normal gameplay...if we were doing a mission in the wilderness, it might become a more important part of the story.
Kim
QUOTE (klinktastic @ Jan 28 2011, 11:50 PM) *
Yeah, I mean it probably has relatively little effect during normal gameplay...if we were doing a mission in the wilderness, it might become a more important part of the story.

You're right, but it would suck to sit in a van with a coat on when it's 30C outside.
J. Packer
Klink, I need an Electronics + the DR of your drone roll, please.
BlackHat
Hmm, its just sitting there trying to submit my IC post. frown.gif
BlackHat
Having trouble with ds this morning
BlackHat
Having trouble psoting, but I have an IC ready.
BlackHat
Gah, well at least DS saved all of my posts. :-/ Looking more and more like Klink was onto something.
klinktastic
Electronics + DR

[ Spoiler ]

@BH - I like where your head is at. Maybe if they needed to get the link to the mob or whatever, then they'll give him up to us...since they'll have the info they needed. Good job dude! Tho, Mr. B is probably fucked.
BlackHat
Just curious, but what is the "DR"?
J. Packer
QUOTE (BlackHat @ Jan 30 2011, 03:22 PM) *
Just curious, but what is the "DR"?

Device rating. The catch all single digit that a device has unless one of it's ratings (signal, firewall, etc) is higher than the others.
Kim
QUOTE (J. Packer @ Jan 28 2011, 07:21 PM) *
"If we don't keep him until Midnight tomorrow, we're not going to get paid, and it'll get around that we're not reliable."

She made it pretty clear they intend to keep B, no matter if they get the info or not.
BlackHat
QUOTE (J. Packer @ Jan 30 2011, 05:24 PM) *
Device rating. The catch all single digit that a device has unless one of it's ratings (signal, firewall, etc) is higher than the others.

Ah, got it, for some reason I kept translating it to "damage resistance" thanks to D&D
J. Packer
Intermittent Internet access today, due to inclement weather. Will likely not be posting much until it clears up.
J. Packer
Sorry for the delays gang. Between weather and other issues...

We're socked in here in Denver. Not much snow, but it's still coming down, and it's been sub-zero all day, and promises to be single digits tomorrow as well. School - and therefore work for me - has been cancelled for today and tomorrow.

That said, I'm not sure why I'm so keen to find a different job, but I got one anyway. Pretty big pay raise, and it starts on the 21st. That's all good for me, but it means I'm going to be less flexible in my posting during the day. Will only likely be able to post in the evenings.
Kim
QUOTE (BlackHat @ Feb 4 2011, 02:35 PM) *
Kreskin thought about it and nodded, "We might be able to arrange that. Good idea."

Want me to make a post where Kim gets Kyra's comm ID from Wolf and makes the call or do we wait for Zyerne to do it?
BlackHat
Let's give Z a chance to see it and make the call if he prefers, otherwise I can post Kreskin calling and asking something to that effect this afternoon.

I think it might look better if the call comes from one of the two of us, since we exchanged IDs (rather than coming from an unknown person) - but we can try to talk them into letting us ask B a few questions. Even if they don't want to let us that close, they might be willing to let us ask him some questions over the phone if you think that would work (but it won't if your plan is to use mojo on him).
Kim
Kim has to be able to touch him.

I don't think asking him questions will help us much.
BlackHat
QUOTE (Kim @ Feb 4 2011, 09:12 AM) *
Kim has to be able to touch him.

Mojo then. That's fine, but it'll require more trust from the Cats than we've probably earned. Worth a shot, though.
I don't think asking him questions will help us much.

Unless he has someone he would suspect, if he knew there was a ransom being made. *shrug* It'd be a long shot.
Kim
QUOTE (BlackHat @ Feb 4 2011, 03:16 PM) *
Mojo then. That's fine, but it'll require more trust from the Cats than we've probably earned. Worth a shot, though.

My plan was to tell them we had convinced Falcone to trust us. That we promised him B would not be hurt and that there is no reason for him to alert authorities to rescue him. That we had managed this without telling their name nor their location and that the only thing we want in return is some information from B.
It would be nice if B was unconscious or in any case unable to recognize Kim.

QUOTE (BlackHat @ Feb 4 2011, 03:16 PM) *
Unless he has someone he would suspect, if he knew there was a ransom being made. *shrug* It'd be a long shot.

It would still only be his word. For instance, he could just give a name of someone he doesn't like rather than the person he really suspects.
Zyerne
Just got home, will post something in a bit. Defrosting first.
Zyerne
Question for Kim, asked her as she only though it so it can't be asked IC

A renegade Ares exec possibly, but why would a AAA Mega bother with a 250k ransom?

Also, why would the Black Cats tell us it wasn't them and that they had no intention of harming him if it was them? All they've succeded in then is not getting paid.
Kim
QUOTE (Zyerne @ Feb 4 2011, 09:38 PM) *
A renegade Ares exec possibly, but why would a AAA Mega bother with a 250k ransom?

I think Kyra meant they were hired by someone from Ares. That same Ares person could still be behind the ransom. Of course Ares as a corps wouldn't bother with a ransom.

QUOTE (Zyerne @ Feb 4 2011, 09:38 PM) *
Also, why would the Black Cats tell us it wasn't them and that they had no intention of harming him if it was them? All they've succeded in then is not getting paid.

That's true, but Kyra didn't know why we wanted to talk before she met us in the park. She could have been saying anything to get out of there alive and planning to send another message later.

Like I said in the IC post, Kim thinks it's not the most likely explanation.
Kim
QUOTE (BlackHat @ Feb 6 2011, 03:12 PM) *
"Any luck with that commlink, Riot?"

klinktastic

QUOTE (klinktastic @ Jan 27 2011, 12:42 AM) *
"Fraggin' protection protocols wiped the commlink clean."

I could make the post, but kinda doubt Kim remembered.

Doc and Riot both know, but I think only the players and JP should talk for them.

BlackHat
Right, I knew about that post, but that was while Kreskin and Wolf were off meeting the Cats, and I don't think anyone said anything about it over comms since then.
Kim
With over 15 posts a day JP’s character just died in Post or Die. I’m getting a bit worried something happened to him.
Zyerne
New job, maybe.
BlackHat
QUOTE (Zyerne @ Feb 9 2011, 07:48 AM) *
New job, maybe.

Probably. At least, I hope its nothing worse.
Kim
QUOTE (Zyerne @ Feb 9 2011, 01:48 PM) *
New job, maybe.

QUOTE (J. Packer @ Feb 1 2011, 10:29 PM) *
it starts on the 21st

Maybe he's got a lot of things to finish at his old job, but I kinda think he would tell us. I'm hoping I just misinterpreted this

QUOTE (J. Packer @ Feb 1 2011, 10:29 PM) *
it means I'm going to be less flexible in my posting during the day. Will only likely be able to post in the evenings.

BlackHat
Somewhat more surprising is that we haven't seen Klink all month. I hope everything is okay with him, too.
sabs
QUOTE (BlackHat @ Feb 9 2011, 03:10 PM) *
Somewhat more surprising is that we haven't seen Klink all month. I hope everything is okay with him, too.

I know, Klink kinda just vanished. Not sure whats' up with that.
Faraday
Hmmm. *concern*
Zyerne
They eloped.
Faraday
QUOTE (Zyerne @ Feb 9 2011, 12:03 PM) *
They eloped.

rotfl.gif
Kim
It's nice to see nothing happened to JP (Last Seen: 10th February 2011 - 06:21 PM), but he didn't post anything. Should I consider this game over now?

I'm asking because I don't want to play more than one game at a time.
BlackHat
QUOTE (Kim @ Feb 18 2011, 05:04 PM) *
I'm asking because I don't want to play more than one game at a time.

Is that because of the bandwidth required on your end to play in multiple games, or because you want to devote your full attention to one game? Its not that uncommon for players and GMs to randomly vanish, so I usually try to stay active in at least 2 games for just this reason. That said, I wouldn't say that JP not posting right away after coming back means he's done with the game. He may just need a bit to catch up on everything that has been said since he got pulled away.
Faraday
It was probably Carl.
Kim
QUOTE (BlackHat @ Feb 19 2011, 01:32 AM) *
Is that because of the bandwidth required on your end to play in multiple games, or because you want to devote your full attention to one game?

Yeah, I find it not only tiresome to keep all the facts straight (about what I know and what the characters know) when playing more than one, but more importantly it tends to go at the expense of detail and empathy with the character.

BlackHat
QUOTE (BlackHat @ Feb 18 2011, 07:32 PM) *
That said, I wouldn't say that JP not posting right away after coming back means he's done with the game. He may just need a bit to catch up on everything that has been said since he got pulled away.

I didn't notice that JP was last seen on the 10th, and not yesterday when you posted that. If he came back a week ago, checked in once, and then went away for another 9 days, I'd say not to expect him back, soon. I can't speak for him, but it seems like a big deal (maybe his new job is busting his balls), and I think if it were expected to be a temporary thing, he would have dropped a line in his games to let his players know he'd be back in full swing once whatever-it-is is over.
SleepIncarnate
Sorry I haven't been checking the forums guys, I have less than a week here in my deployment, today is the last day of classes for this session and I had 2 very work intensive classes this time around. Also, issues back home trying to resolve where I'll be living when I get back and if I'll have any stuff (there was a glitch in the autopay for my storage shed and autopay got turned off, they're threatening to start auctioning off my stuff). Needless to say, it's been hectic. Things should be calmed down in about a week. But looks like the game is pretty much dead, so not missing much.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012