Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Living in the Shadows: IC
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67
grendel
23:46:14 Thursday 11 January, 2063 - Bluefish, Tacoma, Seattle, UCAS

"Oh, you know, the usual: fame, fortune, danger, sex. Nothing special, really. My name's Reign, by the way."

Answering Tony's question has brought her closer, close enough that he can feel the heat from her body in the midst of the cool draft from the overhead ventilation. She holds out her hand, the smile never fading from her lips.
bclements
23:46:19 Thursday 11 January, 2063 - Bluefish, Tacoma, Seattle, UCAS

Ok, get ahold of yourself Tony thought for a second, not even really wanting to acknowledge that particular idea after Reign moved in closer. The scent of her perfume was intoxicating from this close distance, not to mention the dress, and it was difficult for Tony to not look away from her.

Taking her hand and lightly kissing it in the top, he said "That's an unusual name. Mine's a little more commonplace; call me Tony. As for the last of what you're lookin' for, well, I'm surprised you made it up here." he finishes in his slow drawl, smiling at the end.
Scrapheap
12:27:01 Tuesday 09 January 2063 - Lee Chee Garden Downtown Seattle

"We leave."

Not wasting another second, John gently lifts the injured fixer and addresses the guard who had been tending her. "A'ight, you got point. Let's make for your ride. Try not ta get us arrested."

As the guard nods and moves to check the back door the old runner turns to the other, the one bearing the unconscious goon. "Ya got him? If it comes to it, drop his hoop and run. I'd really like ta fraggin' talk to him though, so only if ya gotta."

"Clear." John turns at the sound of the first guard's signal and makes his way to the back door. He quickly moves out into the alley, following a few meters behind his point-man. He looks back once to make sure the other guard isn't having too much trouble with his burden. Then he concentrates on the way in front, careful with his footing, as they make their way towards the bodyguard's vehicle.
grendel
23:46:28 Thursday 11 January, 2063 - Bluefish, Tacoma, Seattle, UCAS

She laughs, lightly, tilting her head back to expose her throat. She makes no move to withdraw her hand from Tony's grasp.

"Oh come now, give me a little credit at least. I am a discerning woman, after all. No one in the herd down there can hold a candle to the predators that frequent this veldt."

Reign's eyes glitter in the semi-darkness, dangerous and enticing.
bclements
23:46:40 Thursday 11 January, 2063 - Bluefish, Tacoma, Seattle, UCAS

"Predators? In this place? My dear, you really are out for danger." Tony said, glancing around at the denziens of the bar area for effect. While the 'herd' danced below in various strains of neon and LCD-light, the bar above seemed to have a sharper, sleeker look to it. Or maybe it was just the tracking disco lights wandering their waltz across the club. Either way, the light seemed to catch Reign's features in a very enticing way.

Although a warning bell was going off in the back of Tony's head, he continued the conversation. "The least I can do is to offer you a drink. Some refreshment before the rest of the lions decide to pounce."
Bastard
19:49:10 Thursday 11 January 2063 - Hidden Oaks Condos, Downtown Seattle, UCAS

"No, I dont think we should worry, yet. Just be on your toes, it may be nothing more than emergency business. On the other hand, this is quite out of line for someone in this business. You know what they say in the shadows, 'DTA.'"
grendel
19:49:22 Thursday 11 January 2063 - Hidden Oaks Condos, Downtown Seattle, UCAS

"Ok, you're the boss, boss. Anything else?"
grendel
23:46:53 Thursday 11 January, 2063 - Bluefish, Tacoma, Seattle, UCAS

"That would be delightful," Reign leads the way to the bar, making room for the two of them with a flip of her hand.

"Cosmopolitan," she orders, glancing towards Tony.

"So, what are you out here looking for tonight?"
bclements
23:47:05 Thursday 11 January, 2063 - Bluefish, Tacoma, Seattle, UCAS

"Oh, nothing so exciting as you. Just was having a drink with a friend. Not really looking for anything in particular. I was actually just about to leave when you showed up" Tony said, motioning for another drink for himself. Although he usually wasn't the first to make a move, he did have a bit of charm to throw on when he needed it; although he didn't seem to need it around the lady next to him. Her face, lit differently by the blue light from the bar, seemed to be even more harshly beautful than by the dance floor.

"It's actually my first time in this place."
grendel
23:47:12 Thursday 11 January, 2063 - Bluefish, Tacoma, Seattle, UCAS

"Ah, a first timer. What do you think of our little den of iniquity?"

Reign leans her back against the bar, gesturing lazily with her hand across the expanse of the upper floors as well as the frenzied action of the dance pit by implication.
bclements
23:47:20 Thursday 11 January, 2063 - Bluefish, Tacoma, Seattle, UCAS

Looking around the club at Reign's insistance, Tony thought to himself pretty tame, and drek for a whisky selection. There were a few hard-looking people in the joint, but the bouncers at the bottom of the stairs seemed more than capable of taking most challenges; the Star presence outside looked to just be window dressing tonight. As it was, no one currently looked to be starting much of a fight at the moment.

To Reign, he said, "Not exactly my taste, but not bad. I'm not a big fan of DJ's, but this one doesn't seem so full of himself; not like I'd be out there dancing regardless. Overall, the view definatly improved when you showed up." he finished, turning his head and smiling at the lady.
Bastard
19:49:26 Thursday 11 January 2063 - Hidden Oaks Condos, Downtown Seattle, UCAS

"No...but if that truck is still there tomorrow, then you know something went wrong. Either way, keep your eyes open. See you tomorrow.'
grendel
23:47:41 Thursday 11 January, 2063 - Bluefish, Tacoma, Seattle, UCAS

Reign laughs, a low, throaty sound.

"You sure know how to make a girl feel special. So if this isn't your usual haunt, where would you prefer to be?"
bclements
23:48:05 Thursday 11 January, 2063 - Bluefish, Tacoma, Seattle, UCAS

"Oh, smaller bars, ones with live bands and a better alcohol selection. That kind of joint. I don't mind clubs, but this," Tony says, inticating the expanse of the club with is hands "well, it just doesn't have the same intimacy and seeder side that I like."

Taking a sip from his drink, he leans his elbow onto to bar, facing Reign. Smiling slightly, he continues in his slow drawl, "I usually hang out downtown, couple of places that you have to look for to find. What about you? This your usual hangout?"
grendel
23:48:19 Thursday 11 January, 2063 - Bluefish, Tacoma, Seattle, UCAS

"I drift around from place to place, depending on my mood. Right now, something more intimate sounds delightful. I don't suppose you would deign to share one of your more usual haunts with me?"

Reign runs her fingertips around the rim of her martini glass, eyes glancing sideways at Tony. Her smile was dangerously playful.
bclements
23:48:40 Thursday 11 January, 2063 - Bluefish, Tacoma, Seattle, UCAS

Moving a bit fast, are we? the bell in the back of Tony's head rang out while he looked in his psec, ostensably for an address while thinking. Hell, why not he thought as he brought up the address for the Spirit.

"My dear, no trouble whatsoever. Here's a place; the Unbottled Spirit, over in Capitol Hill. It's even got a band playing tonight." Tony said, smiling and raising an eyebrow while reaching for a pen to write down the address.
grendel
23:48:48 Thursday 11 January, 2063 - Bluefish, Tacoma, Seattle, UCAS

"Sounds delightful. Lead on, if you will." Reign sets her drink on the bar, smiling up at Tony once again in obvious anticipation.
bclements
23:49:30 Thursday 11 January, 2063 - Bluefish, Tacoma, Seattle, UCAS

"Sure thing," Tony smiles, waiving the bartender over to pay off the tab. Almost grimicing at the overpriced drinks in this place I never thought that downtown would be cheaper, he paid off the bill and walked down the stairs with Reign behind him.

Passing through the group of bouncers at the foot of the stairs, past the throng of dancing bodies, and out of range of the light show, they leave the warehouse. "Do you have a ride over there, or do you need one?" Tony asks, buttoning up his coat at the chill wind that greets them outside.
grendel
23:50:11 Thursday 11 January, 2063 - Bluefish, Tacoma, Seattle, UCAS

Reign glances over at Tony.

"You look like a gentleman, I think I can accept a ride from you."

She slips her arm through Tony's, following him towards his car.
bclements
23:52:19 Thursday 11 January, 2063 - Outside Bluefish, Tacoma, Seattle, UCAS

"Looks can be somewhat decieving, but I can at least play the gentleman for the evening," Tony says, smiling out of one side of his mouth as he leads Reign over to his off white Americar, while dodging around a few snow patches left over from eariler in the week. The frozen gravel crunched under their feet as they made their way across the parking lot.

Opening the door for her, and thanking at least a couple of dieties that he'd removed his bag from the car, he slides into the drivers seat. "It isn't much, but its better than taking the bus," Tony says apologetically, missing the Nightsky that he had once used to impress a date, now no longer available to him. Firing up the car, he set the autonav for the Spirit, then leaned back, allowing the dog-brain to do its job. Setting the radio to a jazz station and turning up the heater, he spoke again. "So, if you don't mind me asking, what do you do?"
grendel
23:52:39 Thursday 11 January, 2063 - Outside Bluefish, Tacoma, Seattle, UCAS

Concealed by Reign's casual movements, and unnoticed in the dim lighting of the bar, the lacings on her dress only come down to her hips. Tony gets an eyeful as she seats herself in the car, a gesture that doesn't seem quite casual. She leans back in her seat as he pulls out of the parking lot and into traffic, relaxed and at ease.

"Me? Oh, nothing special. I'm something of an artist, actually."
bclements
23:53:04 Thursday 11 January, 2063 - Tacoma heading toward Downtown, Seattle, UCAS

Still attempting to keep the conversation casual and his mouth not wide open after the show Reign had just put on, Tony continued as the car wouned its way toward downtown. "So, an artist? What kind of art?" Apparently the kind that gets you the kind of money to dress in almost nothing the thought approvingly, as a saxaphonist played out a solo on the radio.
The_Eyes
00:17:03 Friday 12 January, 2063 - Unit 303, Winlock Apartment Complex, Tacoma

Eyes surprised himself with an enormous yawn as he made it back home. His breath misted in the cold air of the apartment, which through some trick of fate was colder than either the hall or outside. A place more suited for machine than man. Of course, that wasn't really a bad thing, was it?

Awakened by his arrival, a display flickered to life, its glow combining with the point illumination of a dozen LEDs to light the room. Jane's enthusiasm contrasted directly with Eyes's fatigue. "Morning!" she chirped in greeting, her programming knowing perfectly well what buttons to push, "So what's on the agenda for this bright, shiny new day?"

Eyes mock-grumbled in protest as he filled her in. "Looks like we've got another job, though really it's almost the same job," he said. Hey, if you're gonna be paid twice for the same work, more power to you, he thought, which somewhat mollified his tired brain. "Which means both of us have some work to do." Or at least one of them did; Eyes was planning on going right to sleep after issuing orders.

With commands now nearly automatic with practice, he loaded a copy of his faithful helper onto the Seattle RTG. To this he showed the picture of the dead woman Tony had sent to his psec. "I want a name to go with this face," he said, emphasizing exactly what he meant with code woven from his fingers. "Keep a low profile on this; I don't want anyone finding out what you're up to. If you hear anything about Red Queen or Massada be sure to tell me, but don't mention either name, even if someone says them to you."

Leaving that copy of Jane to her work, Eyes jumped through the familiar hoops necessary to log onto Shadowland. He had only intended to stay on for a few seconds to collect some details and check up on a thread or two, but the message left for him convinced him to stick around awhile longer. After all, nothing like 120 volts coursing through your brain to wake you up a bit, he thought with a dry chuckle.
grendel
00:27:03 Friday 12 January, 2063 - Abraxis, Shadowland, Seattle

Oracle appeared in the doorway of the club, dismissing its minion with a simple gesture. Dressed in a robe of thin silvery chains of ice, it drifted through the crowd of icons and agents. Although seeing Blondie post regularly on the boards, it had never before crossed paths with the individual. After a minute of searching, though, it stopped before the most likely candidate. Drifting through the virtual chair, to seat itself at the table, it gestured again, speaking with a low, rhythmic voice.

"Is it you who called me to this meeting?"
grendel
23:53:19 Thursday 11 January, 2063 - Tacoma heading toward Downtown, Seattle, UCAS

"Sculpture, actually," replied Reign, a secretive smile playing across her lips. Her hands rub against each other in a complex, vaguely ritualistic motion. She stops after a moment, realizing that Tony is watching her.

"Sorry, nervous habit."
bclements
23:53:40 Thursday 11 January, 2063 - Tacoma heading toward Downtown, Seattle, UCAS

"Hmm..." Tony said, watching her motions while the car piloted itself toward Downtown. Not recgonizing any of the wringing, he wrote it off to what she had said, 'nervousness', wondering a bit why a women that had picked him up was a bit nervous now. "Don't worry, we all have our little ticks. Sculpture, that's an interesting art form. I do like it, though I personally have never had the talent for it. I tend a bit toward the more...prac-tical." he drawled, leaving a bit of mystery on his tone.
grendel
23:53:49 Thursday 11 January, 2063 - Tacoma heading toward Downtown, Seattle, UCAS

"Well, what luck, a fellow artist. What practical means of expression have you found, then, if you haven't had any luck with sculpture?"

Reign lets her hand rest on Tony's thigh, eyes bright in the dimness of the car's cabin.
bclements
23:54:10 Thursday 11 January, 2063 - I-5N, to Downtown, Seattle, UCAS

"Oh, I'm no artist," Tony said, leaning his head down and shaking it while looking at Reign's hand move toward him "I do more business consulting than anything now. While it can be an art form, it is a lot more, well, base than what you do." he finished.

"My more practical means of expression, as you put it, are more towards stock deals and security measures. Sadly, more toward the latter as of late. More peaceful means of expression seem out of my reach. Not that I really mind; it does pay the bills. Business may not be considered an art form, but sometimes appears to be," Tony continued, capturing Reign's hand with his own.
grendel
23:54:31 Thursday 11 January, 2063 - I-5N, to Downtown, Seattle, UCAS

Reign brushes the fingertips of her right hand across the back of Tony's knuckles, the skin rough with scars and callouses.

"Art isn't always peaceful. Like beauty, it is often only the eyes of the beholder that distinguishes art from violence. I'll bet you're good at what you do, though. I certainly feel safe around you."
bclements
23:55:15 Thursday 11 January, 2063 - I-5N, to Downtown, Seattle, UCAS

"You do win some and lose some, though I imagine its that way with art," Tony said. "Sometimes you can capture exactly what you envisioned, and sometimes, well...you have to toss the piece because you can't see it coming to what you thought you saw." he finished, enjoying the sensations of Reign's callosed fingers playing over his hardly businesslike callosed knuckles.

"However, I can hardly imagine a sculpture shooting me," Tony said, laughing a bit at the thought. "I do promise you, you have nothing to fear from me: even impersonating a gentleman, though, carries some responsiblities. Some one like you does seem to value danger, and I doubt that skin comes from mearly a chisel, " he finished, meeting Reign's eyes, still smiling.
grendel
23:55:23 Thursday 11 January, 2063 - I-5N, to Downtown, Seattle, UCAS

Reign turns her hands palms up, examining the unmarked and softly pale skin.

"True, the act of creation is almost always imperfect. But it's been my experience that every iteration brings the artist one step closer to the ultimate expression. Even intermediate revisions have value."

Once more she brushes them against one another, as if cleansing them of dust.

"As for danger? I don't seek it out. Like any artist, I'm interested in what makes me feel alive. Danger, lust, fear; the extremes of human emotion is what drives the creative spirit."

She smiles at Tony, her expression shimmering with promise.
Bastard
20:30.32 Thursday 11 January 2063 - Hidden Oaks Condos, Downtown Seattle, UCAS

The luke warm shower eased some of the tension in Marquis' muscles, some there from the earlier fire fight, some from the discussion of coffee. As he is getting ready for his meet with Karma, Marq can't stop day dreaming about how the meeting with the stranger will turn out. Shaking his head back into reality, he throws on his armor jacket. The chain male hanging on the left sleeve rattles lightly as it is swung onto his arm.

After locking up the residence, finds the way to his car. Under the seat, his two gold pistols await him. A quick scan of the parking area reveals not too much activity, and he slides into the driver seat. Pulling the two pistols out he switches the half used clips for two full ones, and replaces the weapons back under the seat.

The engine comes to life, headlamps illuminate, and the Cadillac again patrols the streets of Seattle. This time its destination is the Fall Inn.
bclements
23:55:45 Thursday 11 January, 2063 - I-5N, to Downtown, Seattle, UCAS

"Practice does make perfect, although perfection probably isn't your goal either," Tony said, leaning forward and turning the heat down from full blast to a slower roast. Wondering just what Reign was nervous about, he continued, "You are right that the intermediate pieces are valuable. In my opionion, they sometimes are more approachable, simply because they are flawed. A masterpiece, in contrast, may be quite awe inspiring; but the more flawed piece is more human."

Matching her smile with one of his own, Tony continues, enjoying the conversation. "And I also don't seek out danger or those extremes, though they sometimes are unavoidable in this town and in my line of work. I tend more toward the simpler pleasures than the extremes: a cup of coffee, a good drink, a beautiful woman," he finished, broadening his smile.
Scrapheap
12:34:41 Tuesday 09 January 2063 - Alleyway in Downtown Seattle

Two Lone Star cruisers sped down the street with lights and sirens blaring as John and his companions flattened themselves against the alley wall. It had taken the group several minutes to make it this far, with another quarter-block to go until they made the bodyguard's vehicle. Luckily the hard part (crossing the street in plain view) was over. How the frag did we make it 'cross tha street? What with me an' fragger #2 there carrying limp bodies. Ha! Nothin' fraggin' suspicious 'bout that, right?

Hearing the cruisers skid to a halt in front of Lee Chee Garden, John motioned for the bodyguard on point to lead on. Cheryl hadn't stirred since being hit and looking down at the woman in his arms he noticed that she had begun to look pale. He wasn't sure how much blood she had lost, but he could feel that the rag he was using to cover the wound on her back had grown damp.

As they made their way further into the alley, the old runner realized that the bodyguard was leading them around the block. Not the most direct route, but probably the safest with all of the law enforcement-types in the area. As they neared the half-way point, the point-man turned left between two stinking dumpsters, into a gangway that John hadn't noticed. The way was narrow and the footing worse, making it more difficult for the two men carrying their unconscious burdens, but they eventually made it to the end. After a short pause for the man in front to signal the "all clear," they stepped out of the dim gangway and onto a side street.

A blue AmeriCar sitting about 20 meters away chirped, headlamps flashing, as the bodyguard disabled the alarm. As they approached, the trunk lid popped open with a dull "clunk." The bodyguard carrying the unconscious goon stumbled forward and unceremoniously dumped his charge into the open trunk. He straightened and knuckled his lower back before busying himself with securing their prisoner.

In the meantime, John headed for the rear seat, the other bodyguard watching the street while holding the door. John gently laid the fixer in the seat before sliding in and cradling her head in his lap, quickly shifting her position so that he could keep pressure on her main wound. He hoped he wasn't doing her more damage moving her around so much and applying pressure to a gunshot wound, but he was no medic and the situation didn't allow for much choice. As he was getting situated, he heard the trunk slam shut and the two bodyguards slid into the front seats. The guy who John had been thinking of as "fragger #1" looked back as the car came to life. "Where to, chummer?"

13:05:23 Tuesday 09 January 2063 - SRS Medical Systems, Redmond

The AmeriCar splashed to a halt, the driver's and passenger's front doors opening before the vehicle had even settled. They were parked in an empty loading dock bay, between two trailers occupying the bays to either side. As the bodyguards exited the car, John carefully shifted Cheryl's head from his lap to the seat and stepped out. As one of the men helped him remove the injured fixer, the other went to stand lookout near the rear of the trailers. The old runner idly wondered whether these guys had worked for Cheryl in the past. Both seemed competent and professional.

As he carefully stood, cradling the fixer's injured form, John turned to the lookout. The man nodded and the group quickly moved around the trailers towards a ferro-crete stairway set into the end of the loading-docks. The stairway led to a door labelled SRS Medical Systems. There was a small sign next to the door that read "ring bell for service." John nodded as the lead bodyguard looked back, and in response the man turned and jabbed the buzzer with a thick finger. A few seconds passed before they all heard the unmistakable sound of a maglock being deactivated. The bodyguard opened the heavy door and John stepped inside.

The old runner quickly led the way through the bustle of the loading dock, though they often had to pause as they crossed paths with workers piloting loaders bearing crates of medical supplies. The fact that they were barely spared a glance showed how often similar scenes played-out here.

John stood aside while an orc in a stocking cap wheeled a dolley loaded with "#4 gauze" squeaked past. The way clear, he motioned the bodyguards towards a door marked "Restricted Access." As the group neared, another maglock disabled and they quickly passed into a dimly lit hallway. The door shut with a loud clunk behind them. After the din of the docks the hallway was like a tomb; the only sound Cheryl's increasingly labored breathing.

John hurried down the hallway, the way lit by buzzing florescent bulbs. The passageway ended in an old storeroom filled with ancient and disintegrating cardboard boxes. To their left, between two steel shelving units, was a non-descript door. John crossed to the door, kicked it a couple of times with a steel-toed boot, and prepared to wait. He turned to the two men standing behind him and flashed them a grim smile. "It'll be a second. Name's John, by the way. Thanks for the help, chummers."
grendel
23:56:28 Thursday 11 January, 2063 - I-5N, to Downtown, Seattle, UCAS

Reign has the grace to blush at Tony's last comment, her smile becoming every so slightly self-conscious while her cheeks flushed a delicate shade.

"For someone who claims to be simply impersonating a gentleman, you do a fairly good job at it. A woman might suspect that you're hiding a noble spirit beneath that rough and tumble exterior."
bclements
23:56:47 Thursday 11 January, 2063 - I-5N, to Downtown, Seattle, UCAS

Slow down there, boy Tony says to himself as he smiles and shakes his head. "It's not really an act, for the most part,"he drawls, still drinking in Reign's sweetly scented perfume. "Life does tend to conspire against it, though. Then again, most things are never quite what they appear, are they? I don't think I would ever have seen you blush," he finishes, taking whatever bad intent the words had out with another smile and a low voice, as the car passes a crusing Jackrabbit on I-5.
grendel
23:56:58 Thursday 11 January, 2063 - I-5N, to Downtown, Seattle, UCAS

"Really?" The teasing playful tone is back in Reign's voice. "Do you think me that cold and inhuman?"
bclements
23:57:04 Thursday 11 January, 2063 - I-5N, to Downtown, Seattle, UCAS

"Inhuman? Nah, not that. That's harsh for this early in the evening. Jaded would be the word I'd use; I'd think you'd get hit on quite a bit. Give me a few hours though, and I can give you a better response to it." Tony says, mock-seriously.

"And yes I think you're cold; I was, and your dress has less material than my coat sleeve. You want me to turn the heater back up?" Tony finishes, with the same teasing tone that Reign had.
grendel
23:57:22 Thursday 11 January, 2063 - I-5N, to Downtown, Seattle, UCAS

Reign chuckles, stretching her arms behind her neck and arching her back. The arch of her back pulls the spaces between the panels of her dress momentarily wider.

"You're such a gentleman, offering to keep me warm. I'll bet you say that to all the girls."
bclements
23:58:01 Thursday 11 January, 2063 - I-5N, to Downtown, Seattle, UCAS

"No line like an old line," Tony chuckled, able to see Reign's reflection in the windshield as she leaned back. Damn this girl is hot, smart, and kinda odd he thought to himself as he leaned back in the seat. Focusing on the outside of the car for a bit, he noticed that traffic was beginning to get a bit heavier as they neared the 405/SeaTac interchange. I could drive this stuff blindfolded as many times as I've been down here the past few days he thought to himself as he decided to let the autopilot continue to drive the car.

"Just remember that I'm acting the gentleman part right now, in case anyone asks. Your boyfriend may not come directly after me and bash my head in if he thinks I'm just a little dangerous," Tony smiled out in his accent, cocking his hands into a parady of a fighting stance as a trumpet and a set of muted drums join the saxaphone player.
WinterRat1
13:09:19 Tuesday 09 January 2063 - SRS Medical Systems, Redmond

Fragger #1 shrugs. “Our client got shot on our watch. That drek happens sometimes, and while it ain’t good for our reps, it’d be a hell of a lot worse if she got geeked on our watch, ya know?”

A couple seconds later, a nurse opens the door and hustles them in, instructing John to lay the fixer down on a medical gurney. She then shoos them off to a nearby waiting room, saying absently, “Go wait in the waiting room down the hall, the doctor will be with her right away.”

Another nurse and an orderly descend on the patient, beginning to do all sorts of things medical staff do to check on a patient’s condition and get him or her prepped for whatever needs to be done. It was all far beyond John, so he decided to take the nurse’s advice and wait in the waiting room.

Once there, Fraggers 1 and 2 immediately sat themselves in front of the trid and idly began channel surfing, leaving John to his own devices.
grendel
23:58:24 Thursday 11 January, 2063 - I-5N, to Downtown, Seattle, UCAS

Reign curled into her seat again, innocence and curiosity supplanting the traces of seduction on her face.

"What makes you think I have a boyfriend?"
bclements
23:58:36 Thursday 11 January, 2063 - I-5N, to Downtown, Seattle, UCAS

Hmm... Tony thought to himself quickly, regarding Reign's changed posture. Verbal sparring wasn't quite the same the physical varitey, but it seemed that twice now he had touched a nerve. Get's more interesting all the time...

"Oh, nothing in particular," Tony said outwardly, dropping the pose and leaning non-threateningly against the car seat. "You are, however, an intelligent and beautiful, not to mention interesting woman. Its not far fetched for me to think you're in a relationship with someone, is it?" Tony finished, making his tone as non-threatening as his stance.
grendel
23:58:45 Thursday 11 January, 2063 - I-5N, to Downtown, Seattle, UCAS

Reign chuckles softly, smoothing a non-existant wrinkle from Tony's jacket with the palm of her hand, her eyes alight.

"Oh come now, you were doing so well. Don't drop back now. A girl likes a little danger in her men. Say, instead, that you were hoping that I had a boyfriend because you were going to kick his hoop for letting me go off with a strange man."
bclements
23:58:57 Thursday 11 January, 2063 - I-5N, to Downtown, Seattle, UCAS

Tony smiles and laughs softly. A feint, then... he thinks to himself as Reighn's hand moves across his sleeve. Leaning forward in the seat and flexing the arm she was touching, he said "We'll say that he wouldn't look for us afterwards without several large friends helping him out. You didn't answer the question though. Trying to keep me on my toes?" he continued, still smiling rakishly. The traffic outside slowed a bit, as vehicles moved to merge on and off the 5.
grendel
23:59:09 Thursday 11 January, 2063 - I-5N, to Downtown, Seattle, UCAS

Feeling the muscles beneath her hand bunch, Reign lets her caress become a little stronger. Her smile, though, matches the lilting, teasing tone of her voice.

"Are you saying that I make you nervous? Or are you accusing me of being evasive?"
bclements
23:59:47 Thursday 11 January, 2063 - I-5N, to Downtown, Seattle, UCAS

"The latter, definatly," Tony says, relaxing his arm and enjoying the massage from Reign. Arm's still a little stiff from this afternoon, just as long as she doesn't move up much more he thought, remembering the brusing up around his sholder. The traffic around them died off as suddenly as it had come to life, once past the interchange.

"It does add an aura of excitement, though, doesn't it? Not that I'm being any less evasive than you. As for being nervous, not too much makes me that way. I'd just like to know if I need to keep an eye out for anything other than you, my dear," Tony drawled out, still smiling and arching an eyebrow, enjoying the massage. The radio announced that the top of the hour news was next.
grendel
00:00:17 Friday 12 January, 2063 - I-5N, to Downtown, Seattle, UCAS

"No, I definately think you should keep both eyes on me. After all, you wouldn't want me to think that I'd gone through all this trouble of dressing up and getting my hair done only to have you go looking at another girl. I do believe you'd break my heart."

Reign tosses her mane of hair over her left shoulder, and bats her eyelashes coquettishly at Tony.
Sedna
14:40:51 Monday, 08 January, 2063 - behind and below the Last Drop

"Before work", for Mouse, on a weekday means the short quiet spell after lunch and before the early supper rush, when many of the Lone Star regulars are taking advantage of the cheap, good soykaf and quietly talking among themselves in that way that allows for listening and learning. A couple of them had asked after the regular waitress, Mouse said. Hobbes had told them that Anne was back in university. "Y'are, aintcha?"

She nods, nursing the take-out mug of soykaf that Mouse had swiped for her as he'd pulled her down the back set of stairs, so steep and narrow that for all intents and purposes it might have been a ladder. For all that it's an open secret that the Last Drop connects above and below, it's still not something advertised to those who don't need to know. Anne had known, but it's still only the second time she's climbed this route. Although his sight's not keen enough to pick out the slight stiffness of her movements left over from the earlier workout with Tarq, he's moving through the dim and the almost-dark with the sureness that lets her know that for all he's human, he's at home as much above as below.

Figures, considering he's studying under Johnny.
bclements
00:00:30 Friday 12 January, 2063 - I-5N, to Downtown, Seattle, UCAS

Tony laughed again, this time at Reign's 'belle' routine. "Oh no, we wouldn't want that to happen. That dress is probably deceptively hard to get into and out of," Tony said playfully.

"Although, keeping your eyes on me is probably going to be the hard part. You're definatly the 'beauty' part of the equation," he added, in mock indignation softened by a large grin.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012