Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Phoenix Rising
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29
Fuchs
I will post once home, in about 2 hours.
bmcoomes
Not a problem, Fuchs.

thanks,
Brent
Shalimar
Brent, how much is it for the spell formula? Its an opposed roll of:

Loyalty + Charisma + Negotiations vs Mike's Charisma + Mike's Negotiations with net hits moving the price up or down by 10% each.

Should I go with the sample talismonger stats and just roll for his side of it to, or do you want to handle that side of the rolling?
bmcoomes
I'll have to do that from home I can't access the roller.

Thanks,
Brent
bmcoomes
here you go Shalimar 8d6= 2 hits

Thanks,
Brent
Oenone
And finally I have the background and appearance for Etoile finished.

[ Spoiler ]

Edit
And I've made two minor changes to her knowledge skills to reflect her background. Mostly that I've reduced two of her knowledge skills (Mercenary Hang Out and Safehouses) by one point each and made them Seattle specific. Then spent the two points on a Poetry skill. Not much use for being a Shadowrunner I know, but I always like to have hobby/interest style knowledges to round out the character.
Shalimar
QUOTE (bmcoomes @ Sep 13 2008, 07:33 PM) *
here you go Shalimar 8d6= 2 hits

Thanks,
Brent

Charlie has 1 net success then, so she gets a 10% price break

1500 -150 = 1350 nuyen.gif for the Levitate spell formula. I'll add it to the sheet and deduct the money
Fuchs
I rolled once per search check, should I roll more often, or will you extrapolate the results for the extended tests?
bmcoomes
Nope, that was fine. I PM'd you your results.

Thanks,
Brent
deadman

greatings to you all I am hopeing to join you in the shadows I am a old time gamer from way back and hope I can be a asset to your game
crizh
Bit of background done.

I'll try to do something IC now....
DWC
It's turned into a crazy weekend. I've been keeping an eye on things, but haven't had the chance to write anything out just yet. I'm putting up something quick now, and once things settle down later today, I'll have more.
Oenone
Just so everyone knows, Etoile's thoughts and anything she writes down for her own personal use will be in French.

Doubt it matters for thoughts (because I guess a mind reading spell gives the meaning rather than literally the thoughts) but it might have some impact for people reading her commlink messages. (Speaking of which all the interface options on her gear will be set to French too.)

@bmcoomes Not sure how you want to handle a simple shopping trip for legal software? Etoile will spend most of the time before the meet actually visiting stores. She's not bothered about haggling for a cheaper price, so should I just pay the 15 Nuyen BBB price?
bmcoomes
Here is Deadman's Character.

Noowan, Mystic Adept (Summoner)
He (deadman) will fill in the background

[ Spoiler ]
bmcoomes
QUOTE (Oenone @ Sep 14 2008, 11:57 AM) *
Just so everyone knows, Etoile's thoughts and anything she writes down for her own personal use will be in French.

Doubt it matters for thoughts (because I guess a mind reading spell gives the meaning rather than literally the thoughts) but it might have some impact for people reading her commlink messages. (Speaking of which all the interface options on her gear will be set to French too.)

@bmcoomes Not sure how you want to handle a simple shopping trip for legal software? Etoile will spend most of the time before the meet actually visiting stores. She's not bothered about haggling for a cheaper price, so should I just pay the 15 Nuyen BBB price?

Noted on thoughts and commlink, Yeah that fine with shoping one of you contacts would hook you up with what ever with in reason.

Thanks,
Brent
bmcoomes
If no one has any doesn't mind I'm going to by majority to move forward, meaning if I have the majority 6 players responses I'll move forward. With the exceptions of combat or similar type things which will need all player input.

Let me know Thanks,
Brent
Shalimar
Fine by me. Though looking at it 11 players does sound like an awful lot.
bmcoomes
Right I'm thinking the samething so I may end up kulling the herd. So if we don't get some responses I'll may start thining things out. I'd rather start with to many than not enough.

thanks,
Brent
Divine Virus
Sorry everything is slow for me. I am about to travel overseas (applying for my VISA tomorrow morning) so things have been hectic of late. I am working to get my character finished ASAP.
Coldhand Jake
A copy of the chatlog from DD and Jake's talk.

[ Spoiler ]
Shalimar
QUOTE (Coldhand Jake @ Sep 12 2008, 05:24 PM) *
I have all Common, all Hacking, and an Agent and OS all at 6. Happy to make illegal copies for you. You'll have to crack them yourself...but hell, we're pirates. ARR.

I'd be interested in getting in on that, though Charlie'd be more likely to pay you to crack them since it isn't really in her skill set.
Coldhand Jake
I'll see what I can do.
Oenone
Don't you have to crack the programs before you copy them anyway?

Or if you went for the pre-cracked versions at chargen then it'd just be a straight up copy paste job. wink.gif
Shalimar
QUOTE (Coldhand Jake @ Sep 14 2008, 02:27 PM) *
I'll see what I can do.

Mostly I just want the agent and not the other stuff since I don't plan on doing any hacking, and I have the common use stuff already. I don't even need a good one, I just don't particularly want to spend 3k on it.
crizh
QUOTE (Shalimar @ Sep 14 2008, 07:15 PM) *
I'd be interested in getting in on that, though Charlie'd be more likely to pay you to crack them since it isn't really in her skill set.

Me too, got a decent comm-link but no software or skill....
Coldhand Jake
His Hacking, OS, and Agent progs are custom written by a programming genius, his old contact, and he had regular updates. Hence, I paid full price. However...the writer's dead, and he has to do all the cracking himself, if it's getting done. No one's going to be mad of him making copies...no one's managing the code... but as a gamer and GM myself, I figure paying the fee for the pirated version would cover the fee of getting someone to crack it for you. Jake really ain't got the time for that kind of codework.
bmcoomes
I'm in agreeance with Jake on this. You can get it at reduced cost for a Pirated but you have to so work your self so with out skill your boned.

Thanks,
Brent
Oenone
I don't quite get what you mean by that actually..

I was just saying that in order to copy the programs they needs to be cracked first. So if you're able to provide a copy of them then they are by definition already cracked or had no copy protection to begin with. (Going off both P228 of the BBB and P94 of Unwired). Given that you've said they're from a programmer contact it could well be they never had any copy protection to start off with.

Of course we could be taking about totally different things, as it sort of reads like you're planning on getting an NPC to crack the legal programs you have and /then/ sending them on? If so by all means ignore the above as that does make sense. (Although it might be better to just pay for pirated copys of other software rather than risk an NPC meddling with your top of the line programs?)

@bmcoomes Actually now might be a good time to ask if you're using the software degredation rules?

If so then Etoile'll definately be running legal and registered software. As I don't think she's likely to use her commlink for anything more risky than the odd bit of web browsing or sending the odd encrypted message to people (which the BBB makes out to be legal unless I've misread it? As Encrypt is a common use program and thus isn't restricted in any way).

Erm anyway not that this is of much importance to me ICly as I'm hardly playing the most tech loving Street Samurai ever! smile.gif
Zaranthan
Okay, things are more up to date now. Sorry to be dragging my feet like this, but school and an unexpected job hunt have limited my hobby time. If I don't get an IC post up tonight, I'll probably just drop out to avoid holding everybody else up.

[ Spoiler ]
bmcoomes
Well looking at it, if I'm going to use Pirated software then I'm also going to use the degredation to keep balance. Pluse we have enough resources (as in people) to keep up.

Thanks
Brent
Coldhand Jake
As for me, I'll happily help crack it, but I haven't studied how long it takes to do it. Once I have that data, he's got a habit of sharing resources, especially with women who put up with him for any length of time. Especially if you offer him something to appeal to his weakness as a complete perv.
Oenone
"Extended Software + Logic Test with a threshold between 10 and 20 (gamemaster’s discretion) and an interval of 1 hour."

Quoted from the BBB.

So erm not really something do-able on short notice, but not actually that hard with a few days downtime (at least for the important software like Analyse or maybe Encrypt).

Sadly to use the really good level's you've got it means investing in some more expensive commlinks. So I guess it'll be a job for after the first payday.
bmcoomes
QUOTE (Zaranthan @ Sep 14 2008, 05:08 PM) *
Okay, things are more up to date now. Sorry to be dragging my feet like this, but school and an unexpected job hunt have limited my hobby time. If I don't get an IC post up tonight, I'll probably just drop out to avoid holding everybody else up.

[ Spoiler ]

Hay that fines, I'm not to worried with those who life happens too. It happen to me to on occasion with a wife and two kids (one-three years old, the other 8 months) plus working Corrections.
bmcoomes
Well we are still needing Cizh, Little Johnson, Divine Virus, Deadman Tarantula, and Zaranthan to post on the IC thread. I know Zaranthan other engagements so he's fine, but I've not heard for the others I something so we can move forward.

Thanks,
Brent
Shalimar
What are the rules for degredation? And where are they? The pirated software rules are in the BBB but I didn't see the others.
Oenone
QUOTE (Shalimar @ Sep 15 2008, 12:14 AM) *
What are the rules for degredation? And where are they? The pirated software rules are in the BBB but I didn't see the others.

They're in Unwired page 109. The section on Pirated Software.

"In game terms, illegal and pirated software—and also programs that a character has coded himself (p. 118)—degrade over
time, reflecting that the program is slowly becoming outdated. Hacking and malware programs degrade at the rate of 1 rating
point per month; all other programs degrade 1 rating point per 2 months."

The above being a quote from the section in question.
Shalimar
What type of a check is needed to maintain them? I would think Computers + Logic or some such.
DWC
It's Computers+Logic, with an interval of 1 week, with a threshold based on the difference between the decayed rating and the desired rating. Easy, but really, really, really time consuming.
crizh
Or you can just buy patches from a Warez group.
Shalimar
QUOTE (DWC @ Sep 14 2008, 10:20 PM) *
It's Computers+Logic, with an interval of 1 week, with a threshold based on the difference between the decayed rating and the desired rating. Easy, but really, really, really time consuming.

Wow that interval is insane. If you write all your own programs there aren't enough weeks in the month just to keep all the hacking programs up to date. Could you get an agent to run maintnance on the code?
Coldhand Jake
I think we're all ready for this meet...
bmcoomes
Yup I think so too.

Brent
crizh
QUOTE (Shalimar @ Sep 15 2008, 03:37 AM) *
Wow that interval is insane. If you write all your own programs there aren't enough weeks in the month just to keep all the hacking programs up to date. Could you get an agent to run maintnance on the code?

Technically you could load it with a Software Autosoft but it isn't really Sapient so it's debatable whether or not they are smart enough.

(GM call really)

Sprites certainly can. You can also trade your own Patches with a Warez group for access to their Patches. Or just buy the Patches from them.

What with spoofing Lifestyle it shouldn't be a big expense for the Hackers.
Zaranthan
I'll be keeping my astral eyes open for the time being. Any chance of recognizing the arm bands?
Coldhand Jake
Opening a chat between Charlie, DD, and myself, making the basic introductions, suggesting a three-way, no big deal. Keeping the chat open so we can discuss any offers, mostly to help Charlie on her first job.
Tarantula
Sorry about that guys, had a rather hectic weekend. I need to get to bed now, but will post in the morning ASAP.
bmcoomes
Ok, if by the end of the day you have not posted in the IC thread then you will be dropped. So please if you wish to continue to play in this campaign then get over there and post.

(Little Johnson, Divine Virus, and Tarantula)

Thanks,
Brent
Tarantula
Post is up! Just a question, how big would you say a whitenoise generator is? Hand/pocket sized? Car battery sized? Guitar amplifier sized?
bmcoomes
Well I know the white noise generator they have to day for baby rooms is small enough for a jacket pocket.

Brent
Tarantula
Kinda what I figured too, just always good to check as it doesn't mention anywhere, and I've had GMs call that its bigger.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012