Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Phoenix Rising
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29
Oenone
Hmmm, how risky will his walking past where she lives before she heads into work actually be? Depending on the area and if we have spy coverage it might just be a case of him going for a morning walk with some coffee and pausing at the right time to check her out...
bmcoomes
It is posable for him to do that. He even could checkout a class, they would still have an open campus with classes open as far as I'm conserend.
crizh
That's a brilliant idea. With Ralph's skills Assensing her in her classroom would be a potential gold-mine of information.
Oenone
Yeah not only can he check her out, but he can get an idea as to what the campus security is like and generally have a snoop about while it's full of students.

And with her busy giving a lecture she's far less likely to be able to assense him (or scan him with anything else for that matter) in return, not without taking a long and painfully obvious pause.

Edit - Just so people know I might not be about much until Sunday because of a friend visiting for the weekend. I /should/ get chance to post a bit tomorrow and I hopefully will be back online by Saturday evening. It all depends on just how many drinks we'll end up having.

Shouldn't impact people too much, Etoile isn't doing much field work as her end is mainly being the combat side of the kill team. Which in an ideal world will involve doing very little aside from killing one helpless women (fat chance of that happening).

She'll have made enough small talk with everyone else involved (if they don't object to downtime chatting that is) in the wetwork side so they know her abilities and she knows what they're capable of. Because it'd just be silly not to really...
bmcoomes
I still can find the photo I'd like to use but here something close.
http://www.joshnizzi.com/mech.htm

Handling:+2 Accel:5/15 Speed:40 Pilot:4 Body:10 Armor:10 Sensor:4
Two GE Vindicator Miniguns
Two Top Pobs: are missile lanchers similar to the ballista system
Two lower pods: are mortar lanchers

It's man by two one pilot/gunnery, one hacker/comm's.

Brent
Shalimar
I wants it my precious.
Coldhand Jake
>.< SHIT! I gave the GM ideas... sorry guys, it was half-a-joke...
bmcoomes
Nope, I had this set before that post. I've been working the run for some time I ran one similar back with SR2.

Brent
bmcoomes
ok, I need this double checked.

Summoning: Force three spirit
Magic 3 + summoning 4 = 7 rolls: 2,6,2,1,5,1,5
Has three hits. Is that successful with three services?

Then to bind it that would be Magic 3 + binding 4 = 7
needing six hits.

and Drain would be 6DV.

Brent
Shalimar
The first part is correct, 3 services (unfortunately they don't carry over to bound services)

On the Second test, the binding test:
Noowan would roll Magic + Binding = 7 dice
Sprit would roll Force + Force = 6 dice (for force 3)

Noowan needs 2 net successes to get 1 service
Noowan then ressists 2x the spirit's successes in drain, minimum of DV 2(2 successes would be DV 4)
bmcoomes
Never mind I just pulled my head out of my butt.

Shalimar
I rolled up the binding on invisible castle:
Noowan: 7 dice, 6 hits
Spirit: 6 dice, 1 hit

4 Services owed (5 net hits, the first hit establishes the binding)

Resisting 2 DV drain
Noowan: 9 dice, 4 hits

Result 4 services, no drain, (assuming it is a force 3 spirit)
bmcoomes
right, thanks. I'm still working on some areas of the SR4 rules. this whole opposes test thing was throwing me for a loop and not using a threshold.
Shalimar
Do you guys really consider a force 3 Concealment to be too weak?
bmcoomes
I'd think it would be fine. with your Professional rating 2 solider rolling Intuition 3 + Perception 2 = 5 dice Or a Professional rating 3 solider rolling Intuition 3 + Preception 3 = 6 dice.
Shalimar
The question becomes whether Charlie should summon a force 5 water elemental to do it and risk the drain. Its a remote service so it will keep the Concealment up until dawn without counting against her spirit limit. We could definitely use the water elemental that Noowan summoned to speed up the boat when needed, or just to throw at any pursuit. I would still be able to summon a spirit if we ran into trouble on the inside though. If I summon it right after dark I'll have the time to recover any drain.
Shalimar
At sundown I will summon a Force 5 Water Spirit:

Summoning Roll: 11 dice 3 hits

Resisting Summoning Roll: 5 dice 2 hits

Resisting Drain: 10 dice vs DV 4 3 hits
Resting 1 hour: 7 dice ] 2 hits[/font]

1 service (Concealment on the Boat [Force 5] concealing it from everyone except those on the boat when the service starts), She'll then rest for an hour (not a problem since we aren't pulling the run until after midnight.
bmcoomes
I fond my Photo, but I'm going to use the one I've done so far. But I wanted to show you guy it anyways.

link

Brent
Coldhand Jake
QUOTE (bmcoomes @ Sep 19 2008, 12:03 AM) *
I fond my Photo, but I'm going to use the one I've done so far. But I wanted to show you guy it anyways.

link

Brent

What's the source on that? I'd love to find that comic.
Little Johnson
nice. I think i like the other one a little better
Fuchs
QUOTE (Coldhand Jake @ Sep 19 2008, 07:14 AM) *
What's the source on that? I'd love to find that comic.

Gen 13, Image comics I believe. That's Lynch from "Team 7" on the left.

Although personally, for mechs, I prefer Appleseed (or anything by Shirow).
crizh
QUOTE (Shalimar @ Sep 19 2008, 03:22 AM) *
Its a remote service so it will keep the Concealment up until dawn without counting against her spirit limit.

Unfortunately this is no longer true, check the errata.

While concealing the boat for the insertion is important, the primary penetration team are the ones that are going to need concealment most. DD and Jake should be able to keep sensors and mook-security off their own backs. The best sec-guards and sensors are going to be in the bits the Hackers can't get to until one of the primary stealth guys makes it in undetected.
crizh
QUOTE (Tarantula @ Sep 17 2008, 07:05 PM) *
Rather than hashing it out in our OOC thread, mine throwing me a link so I can take a look at that thread? I must've completely missed it.

I don't seem to be able to find the thread I was looking for, plenty that were superficially similar but nothing conclusive. It's probably buried in something else as an OT rant.

Forget I mentioned it....
crizh
QUOTE (Tarantula @ Sep 17 2008, 06:44 PM) *
Trodes provide a DNI interface.

You are indeed correct.

The BBB makes no such assertion, merely stating that trodes allow one to experience a simsense feed.

Unwired, p42, despite being fluff, is quite categorical that trodes are a DNI device.
Fuchs
To track the target, does she have a public comm number we can trace?
DWC
QUOTE (Fuchs @ Sep 19 2008, 07:29 AM) *
To track the target, does she have a public comm number we can trace?

Yep. The Johnson gave us her commcode.
Fuchs
It shouldn't be too hard then to trace it.
Shalimar
QUOTE (crizh @ Sep 19 2008, 04:05 AM) *
Unfortunately this is no longer true, check the errata.

While concealing the boat for the insertion is important, the primary penetration team are the ones that are going to need concealment most. DD and Jake should be able to keep sensors and mook-security off their own backs. The best sec-guards and sensors are going to be in the bits the Hackers can't get to until one of the primary stealth guys makes it in undetected.

If Dancing Eyes summons up a Force 5 spirit at sundown we should probably be good, and we'll have 5 hours or so to recover from any drain so even if he misses the first time he'd get a second chance. If we use the spirit Noowan lends us to conceal the boat, and Charlie's to conceal half the intrusion team Dancing Eye's Spirit could Conceal the other half. Then if we run into trouble Charlie's spirit could be dismissed for a big old Earth spirit.
Tarantula
QUOTE (crizh @ Sep 19 2008, 02:18 AM) *
You are indeed correct.

The BBB makes no such assertion, merely stating that trodes allow one to experience a simsense feed.

Unwired, p42, despite being fluff, is quite categorical that trodes are a DNI device.

Interesting. Even know/lingua softs in the BBB say they need DNI (simsense module or datajack) yet unwired basically hooks 'em together. *shrug*
crizh
You know, Drain damage can be healed with Medicine.

Even stun.

Ralph can routinely heal 2 boxes of unresisted Drain.
Tarantula
QUOTE (crizh @ Sep 19 2008, 08:19 AM) *
You know, Drain damage can be healed with Medicine.

Even stun.

Ralph can routinely heal 2 boxes of unresisted Drain.

Not so much.... We'd be indoors -1, and patient is a magician -2. That leaves ralph 5 dice. (Since I wouldn't consider drain to be a combat wound).
crizh
Medkit?
Tarantula
Includes his medkit nyahnyah.gif. Oh, but forgot attribute (hah!) Make that 10 dice.
Shalimar
Well, that will be useful if Charlie is forced to over summon an Elemental. I'm betting that the prototype just might show up during the run, and if that is the Case, Charlie summoning up a force 10 Earth Elemental to slap it around is probably the best way to deal with it, which could be fairly painful from a drain point of view.

I wonder if we'd get a bonus for destroying the prototype given that we'll be stealing/deleting the plans for it, and killing the inventor? It'd put them in a very bad place for getting their design up and running without something to work from.
Little Johnson
or if not destroy it....who has pilot anthro form?

Would b worth a crapload weather drake boy wanted it or someone else
bmcoomes
unless you guys are going to DC to get it then go for it, but I don't think it will happen.

Brent
Oenone
@Tarantula - I don't suppose Ralph is likely to be able to get within cyberware scanner range of her when he does his assensing? Because aside from hacking medical records (which I suspect comes under the too much risk for the reward) we have no way of knowing if she has a headware commlink or biomonitor to watch out for.

Infact I'd be worried enough about an eye recording unit, because the more data we leave behind the bigger the risk of getting caught.

Quick edit - (I know this is a stupid idea but) I suppose hacking the places nanoforges to make us one during the run is out huh? That could definately distract the guards by going on a little rampage.... biggrin.gif
Shalimar
QUOTE (bmcoomes @ Sep 19 2008, 12:58 PM) *
unless you guys are going to DC to get it then go for it, but I don't think it will happen.

Brent

I was just thinking/preparing for the possibility the Johnson was incorrect about where it was and that we'd need to take it down. Its good if we don't have to, but needing to and not being ready for it would be quite bad.
Tarantula
Too bad Ralph didn't have the cash to spring for a handheld radar sensor. They work as good as cyberware scanners but have the distance for usefulness. Maybe after this one....
bmcoomes
QUOTE (Shalimar @ Sep 19 2008, 12:22 PM) *
I was just thinking/preparing for the possibility the Johnson was incorrect about where it was and that we'd need to take it down. Its good if we don't have to, but needing to and not being ready for it would be quite bad.

True, it's all ways good to be ready for the unexpected. But if there was going to be one in it would be on FT. Lewis and would have to be air drop on scene.

Right now there best weapone is Cover and Concealment.

Brent
Oenone
QUOTE (Tarantula @ Sep 19 2008, 06:26 PM) *
Too bad Ralph didn't have the cash to spring for a handheld radar sensor. They work as good as cyberware scanners but have the distance for usefulness. Maybe after this one....

How expensive are they? Perhaps it'd make a good candidate for the group expenses?

Depending on the layout of the classroom he might be able to get in short enough range for cyberware on his way in/out. Not sure how the classroom will look, but the last college level one I was in students got fairly close to the speaker. Or he could perhaps just sit near the front? Both options have risks, but the benefits might outweigh the risks.
Shalimar
Well, if nothing else he will be able to know how cybered up she is and the location can give us some hints on what it is. I wouldn't want him to have to get to close if possible.
Oenone
Yeah, I suspect we'll be seeing mostly headware.

Anyway I'm out for the next 24-36 hours. Looking forward to seeing what's happened when I get back. smile.gif
Tarantula
QUOTE (Oenone @ Sep 19 2008, 10:34 AM) *
How expensive are they? Perhaps it'd make a good candidate for the group expenses?

Top rating? 12k.
crizh
He could borrow mine.....
Fuchs
Updated last post with pictures from Brent.
crizh
Are they not likely to boost security and\or move the data if we cap her now?
Little Johnson
if we make it look like the boat sank it will take a day or so to even find her
we plan on being out og here in what 36 hrs?

could work in our favor.
Shalimar
QUOTE (crizh @ Sep 19 2008, 05:06 PM) *
Are they not likely to boost security and\or move the data if we cap her now?

Yea, thats the reason we wanted to hold off and do it during the data steal, so the Mlitary wouldn't up the security.
DWC
Interesting. Just noticed that I'd misread part of the Custom Interface commlink option and was incorrectly applying the bonus to matrix tests rather than just matrix initiative, so I've been adding 1 die too many on on the EW, data search, and track tests.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012