Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Phoenix Rising
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29
bmcoomes
Yeah the security thing, I don't know why everone don't have an agent for that. But I'm onlying missing Dacning eyes for the data team I'm going to move forward if thats fine.

Brent
Oenone
QUOTE (bmcoomes @ Sep 25 2008, 09:55 PM) *
Yeah the security thing, I don't know why everone don't have an agent for that.

Mostly as they're a bit expensive, both to buy and in terms of program loads on your commlink (meaning you need a good commlink to get the most out of one and that costs even more nuyen).

Long term goal I suspect everyone will end up with one of some description. Personally I quite like that Black IC which tracks down intruders and kills their friends and family. (Okay so maybe a little bit extreme for commlink security, but it fits Etoiles obsessive need for revenge against anyone who messes with her)

DWC
Truth's definitely going to end up with a fairly high powered agent and an equally rediculous commlink to run it from, since he's terrible at hacking, and even worse at cybercombat.
crizh
QUOTE (Oenone @ Sep 25 2008, 10:14 PM) *
Personally I quite like that Black IC which tracks down intruders and kills their friends and family.

That's my favourite too. Of course any IC can be re-scripted to do that if you give it the right programs....

I did buy an IC program if you want a copy.

I figure my comm-link is going to be the front line, it will be the first piece of radio equipment to enter the facility.

I may have gone a little over-board, I bought three extra links purely to run IC on to protect my main comm-link.
Oenone
QUOTE (crizh @ Sep 25 2008, 10:28 PM) *
That's my favourite too. Of course any IC can be re-scripted to do that if you give it the right programs....

I did buy an IC program if you want a copy.

I thought changing the function of premade IC actually required some degree of programming knowledge? Which was why the ones with stats were cheaper buys than just a regular agent with the same programs equipped.

I could well have misread that section, as I've not needed to look into the rules for a Runner owning any agents/IC in the game I GM.

Aside from the sole security obsessed player who got something using the BBB rules before Unwired had come out and hasn't changed anything since that is.
crizh
No, I don't think so. I certainly am not aware of any such rules, it's just a case of giving it a new script which is the sort of basic computer use that everyone is able to do unskilled unless they are Unaware or Computer Illiterate.

Even then we have at least two skilled hackers who could script it any way you want it.
Oenone
QUOTE (crizh @ Sep 25 2008, 10:54 PM) *
No, I don't think so. I certainly am not aware of any such rules, it's just a case of giving it a new script which is the sort of basic computer use that everyone is able to do unskilled unless they are Unaware or Computer Illiterate.

Hmm, maybe you're right. It just seemed a bit odd that they'd go and make the normal agent and even the mook agent option completely useless by having an IC which can do exactly the same thing a full agent does only cheaper.

Edit - Then again they did that with plenty of the firearms, having guns which are just plain useless compared with cheaper / more interesting options. So why not agents too?
crizh
I think it's down to different people writing different parts of Unwired. The left hand didn't know what the right was doing.

If Brent wants to run it differently that's cool, I would have just bought the 'de-mooked' Agent instead. The price difference is negligible, really.
DWC
Edited my last post because I forgot to include my perception tests.
bmcoomes
QUOTE (crizh @ Sep 25 2008, 03:15 PM) *
I think it's down to different people writing different parts of Unwired. The left hand didn't know what the right was doing.

If Brent wants to run it differently that's cool, I would have just bought the 'de-mooked' Agent instead. The price difference is negligible, really.

Well my tack on it is it's simple script like they give on pg 69 of unwired. With that idea then just about anyone can adjust the script of IC or what have you. Especially with Agents and the like being also at the level of AI when you just give them the "I want you to do this" in plan English and they do it.

Brent
crizh
I'm off to bed now. Let me know how you want to proceed and I'll post again IC in about 6 hours.
bmcoomes
One problem,
the Peer that the facility is on is now plascreted so it's closed off, best case it's only a wall, worst is solid.

Brent
Zaranthan
deadman, no offense, but I can't make heads or tails of your last IC post. Something about blowing up a tire?
Shalimar
It takes us 1 hour to get to the island, so Dancing eyes has enough time to rest once and make a test to get rid of the Stun.
bmcoomes
Yes, he can make the test for the stun.

Deadman was talking about placing explosives on one of her tires and then blow it when she is on a bridge. Then he would stop and help (acting) and finish it if need be.

Personally you guys are making hit harder then it needs to be. Leaving a bullet as evidence is not enough to hunt anyone down with. and if done right no one will see any of you.

Brent
Little Johnson
ok i used invis castle for the first time.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1744861/

i said do 1 roll od 16d6 and got 12 hits. can someone look at that link and see if i did it rite? 12 seems statisticly high
Shalimar
QUOTE (Little Johnson @ Sep 25 2008, 11:15 PM) *

i said do 1 roll od 16d6 and got 12 hits. can someone look at that link and see if i did it rite? 12 seems statisticly high

You did it right. You can set it so that it counts hits for you instead of doing a sum by saying 16d6.hits(5) and it will count the number of 5s and 6s.
DWC
QUOTE (Little Johnson @ Sep 25 2008, 10:15 PM) *

It is statistically high, but that's the fun of random number generators. If you type it at 16d6.hits(5) rather than just 16d6, it'll count the hits for you, but that's really the only thing I'd bring up.

Little Johnson
wow there were 7 6s in there good thing i didnt use edge lol i might have vanished from reality

so do the mods for the chamilian suit -4 percepton pool and cloaking -5 to magic perception stack? is it -9 for magic?

bmcoomes
QUOTE (Little Johnson @ Sep 25 2008, 07:28 PM) *
wow there were 7 6s in there good thing i didnt use edge lol i might have vanished from reality

so do the mods for the chamilian suit -4 percepton pool and cloaking -5 to magic perception stack? is it -9 for magic?

Here is the power description:
"The adept who develops Cloak is able to shroud their
presence from magical detection. Add a dice pool modifier
equal to the adept’s level in this power to Opposed Tests to
resist detection by active Detection spells (p.198, SR4) or the
Search power. Cloak does not hamper attempts to read the
character’s aura through astral perception or otherwise spot
the character directly from astral space; it just makes him difficult
to “lock onto� to with detection magic."

So it won't stack, but they wont lock onto you if you were in range.

Brent
crizh
QUOTE (bmcoomes @ Sep 26 2008, 03:04 AM) *
One problem,
the Peer that the facility is on is now plascreted so it's closed off, best case it's only a wall, worst is solid.

Brent

I'm not really sure what you're trying to say here or why it's a problem?

If I understand correctly, the piers that connect to the facility have had the supporting piles sealed of with Plascrete, yes?

Which would make it impossible to swim through the pier from one side to the other.

Now that I look at the image, is half that facility hanging over the water? The shoreline seems to pass right under the middle of the building.
bmcoomes
QUOTE (crizh @ Sep 25 2008, 11:23 PM) *
I'm not really sure what you're trying to say here or why it's a problem?

If I understand correctly, the piers that connect to the facility have had the supporting piles sealed of with Plascrete, yes?

Which would make it impossible to swim through the pier from one side to the other.

Now that I look at the image, is half that facility hanging over the water? The shoreline seems to pass right under the middle of the building.

Right that is what I'm trying to say. But is only the main part that is sealed off, same outline as the fence line.

Brent
Fuchs
What about DD's hacking intp the restaurant node?
crizh
QUOTE (bmcoomes @ Sep 26 2008, 02:39 PM) *
Right that is what I'm trying to say. But is only the main part that is sealed off, same outline as the fence line.

Brent

I see, interesting, perhaps a different tactic will pay dividends then?

The two north-south piers are joined by a large platform with some sort of small building on it.

I need to know if my RADAR penetrates the wall under the facility and whether it penetrates the platform at the end of the piers?

My Rating 4 Ultrawideband RADAR, which is the highest Rating, will penetrate nearly 20 centimetres of Plascrete.

How high above sea-level is the south edge of the facility?
bmcoomes
Crizh: That building is empty, The plascrete is about 8 to 10 inches thick. The sea-level right now with 9 ft above the water line thats with the tide out. With tide in it would be 4 ft.

Brent
crizh
QUOTE (bmcoomes @ Sep 26 2008, 04:39 PM) *
The plascrete is about 8 to 10 inches thick.

The Plascrete of the platform supporting the empty building or the Plascrete walling off the supports of the compound?

Or both?
bmcoomes
QUOTE (crizh @ Sep 26 2008, 07:54 AM) *
The Plascrete of the platform supporting the empty building or the Plascrete walling off the supports of the compound?

Or both?

The Plascrete only walling of the compound it matches the fence line.

Brent
crizh
And what about the platform, does my RADAR penetrate it and more importantly does theirs?
bmcoomes
QUOTE (crizh @ Sep 26 2008, 08:03 AM) *
And what about the platform, does my RADAR penetrate it and more importantly does theirs?

I would have to say no it's to thick. I'm no engineer but I don't think 20 cm would be strong enough.

Brent
DWC
Modern Ground Penetrating RADAR gives resolution all the way out to 18 to 24 inches through concrete, since it's used for rebar inspections, road surface inspections, and bridge deck inspections. Seeing through 8 inches of concrete in 62 years should be trivial.
bmcoomes
QUOTE (DWC @ Sep 26 2008, 08:23 AM) *
Modern Ground Penetrating RADAR gives resolution all the way out to 18 to 24 inches through concrete, since it's used for rebar inspections, road surface inspections, and bridge deck inspections. Seeing through 8 inches of concrete in 62 years should be trivial.

Yes for gound penetrating radar not ultrawideband. If there was ground penetrating scanning the area most poeole near by would be baked potatoes.

Brent
crizh
QUOTE (DWC @ Sep 26 2008, 05:23 PM) *

Max Ultrawideband will penetrate is 20 Points of 'Structure.'
bmcoomes
Crizh: (empty your inbox please)
Magic Sense:
You sense what you think are two spirits, one moves into your range and then leaves then an other moves into your range. It's like there patroling the fenceline. they are Force 4 fire spirits.

Wireless Node:
Nothing all clear.

Oenone
QUOTE (bmcoomes @ Sep 26 2008, 04:10 AM) *
Personally you guys are making hit harder then it needs to be. Leaving a bullet as evidence is not enough to hunt anyone down with. and if done right no one will see any of you.

Brent

The trouble is the team sniper isn't doing the hit. Which means we're shooting from pretty close up and thus have to consider the fire spirit. I do however agree that blowing up tyres etc is excessively complicated compared with say simply blowing her up completely.

Does anyone know the actual rules for spirit perceptions? How alert are they to mundane matters? If we just shoot her with a full auto burst from submachine gun extreme range away will it even notice?

I'm not really sure what Deadman is planning either, which I must admit worries me as he doesn't seem to be connected with what the rest of the wet work team (let alone the group as a whole) is up to. (Note that I'm totally not meaning to cause offense by this, I just don't really have any clue what Noowan has generally been up to.)

@Brent Are we okay to assume the Wet Work team is following the target in Winstons car? I know Divine Virus has said about being busy with RL stuff, otherwise I'd post something about it in the IC thread.
bmcoomes
Yeah I'm fine with Winston driving his car, really it works better right now for the wetwork team to lag so it's ok that he is busy. But I can move forward with the wetwork team if thats what your asking. The deadman thing he is all new to this play by post and all so I don't think it's not anything on purpose. with the spirit thing it would depend on it's orders, which I think that if it can perceive you then it would attack. With extreme ragne at 81-150 meters it could have a hard time with it. Plus she is a soft target other than the spirit.
bmcoomes
Crizh: It looks empty and dry nothing but pillar supports as far as you can see.
crizh
What concerns me here is that with these three spirits, if we geek anyone we blow the op.

Kill any of the Spirits, their Summoner knows immediately, op blown.

Kill the woman early, the Spirit runs to daddy, op blown.

Kill a Guard, Spirit runs to daddy, op blown.

We really, really need to get in without getting caught and be ready to geek the girl the instant we trip security in the compound.
Little Johnson
any way to track the summoming mage down?

Oenone
QUOTE (bmcoomes @ Sep 26 2008, 07:07 PM) *
Yeah I'm fine with Winston driving his car, really it works better right now for the wetwork team to lag so it's ok that he is busy. But I can move forward with the wetwork team if thats what your asking. The deadman thing he is all new to this play by post and all so I don't think it's not anything on purpose. with the spirit thing it would depend on it's orders, which I think that if it can perceive you then it would attack. With extreme ragne at 81-150 meters it could have a hard time with it. Plus she is a soft target other than the spirit.

I don't mind if we lag, it's just Truth asked Etoile if the Wet Work team was in the area and I wanted to know if I was being accurate by saying yes. smile.gif

I was hoping she'd be a soft target, Etoile only has a DP of 11 (not accounting for range penalties) with the SMG unless she can spend time on aim actions, so I guess worst case scenario a good infiltration check followed by a some AK hosing should be enough.

Better yet, if Truths drone is packing something like an LMG it can spray her down from even further away with the ground team there just incase it glitches.
bmcoomes
Crizh: That sounds about right, but your response time from FT. Lewis would be less than 20 minutes.

Oenone: Yes your are correct in saying that. You can post IC if you like I'm fine with that.
Oenone
QUOTE (crizh @ Sep 26 2008, 07:12 PM) *
What concerns me here is that with these three spirits, if we geek anyone we blow the op.

Kill any of the Spirits, their Summoner knows immediately, op blown.

Kill the woman early, the Spirit runs to daddy, op blown.

Kill a Guard, Spirit runs to daddy, op blown.

We really, really need to get in without getting caught and be ready to geek the girl the instant we trip security in the compound.

On the plus side, at least this encourages us to make it as a clean a job as possible!

We'll have at least a few minutes between the alert and the response, well not counting any spirits they might summon which'll turn up in moments, so worst case we can just use the subtle as half brick through the window approach.
Little Johnson
Question.. do they remove thier helmets to eat? and if so whats the penelty for a head shot?
crizh
Thing is, if the alarms go off, getting the data might become a million times harder and that won't take 20 minutes to happen, it'll be immediate.
Oenone
Okay, I think I might speak for everyone when I say Gecko is one scary scary adept.

I hope Etoile never sees him seriously hit anything or else she'll be sulking about her tiny little hand razors forever. wink.gif

Edit - Yeah I agree on that score. We'd be looking at maybe half a dozed high level security hackers, ICE and the data being encrypted with the dynamic encryption.

Even if this wasn't a Black Ops place the matrix security would be tough, nano-forge abuse by a malicious hacker could be horrific.
crizh
It's not as bad as it looks. That particular Elemental Effect is massively destructive to Barriers.
crizh
Yeah, um, I only really wanted to knock the bit I had drilled out.

Don't know me own strength guvner, sorry.
Oenone
Gecko smash! On the plus side, now you can just take a look inside yourself....
Zaranthan
I'm a little confused by this astral guard. Is it an astral form that's acting like a patrolling guard, one of the patrolling spirits we've seen, or a mundane shadow that we just can't see in the physical world?

Perception 2 + Intuition 3 + Vision Enhancement 3 - 4 = 4 dice vs. astral guard (3) (4d6.hits(5)=2) It was worth a shot.
bmcoomes
QUOTE (Zaranthan @ Sep 26 2008, 11:46 AM) *
I'm a little confused by this astral guard. Is it an astral form that's acting like a patrolling guard, one of the patrolling spirits we've seen, or a mundane shadow that we just can't see in the physical world?

It's a solider in a miltech armor chameleon suit, but he stills stands out on astral.

Brent
crizh
Brent edited it. Just a little hole now.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012