Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Phoenix Rising
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29
DWC
Not sure exactly what my schedule for the holiday weekend is going to look like just yet, so, assuming we're playing this Sunday, I'm tentatively not going to be able to make it.
bmcoomes
Yeah I don't think with the holiday that this weekend will be happaning. Plus I was given a good idea for our next run which I'll be working on.

Brent
Oenone
While I don't have the same holiday issue for this weekend, the one after I might be late and/or unable to attend. As I'm not sure what time I'll be back home after a trip I'm on.
bmcoomes
OK, things are prep for the next run. So everyone has a heads up it'll be a metaplane quest with Charlie and some folks from her coven to go after that free blood spirit. So we are looking at Sunday December 7th, 2008 at 1700 hrs. a little later if that works for everyone.

thanks,
Brent
Shalimar
Do a good turn daily, or whatever it is the boy scouts say. That Spirit has to eat a person every few weeks, and while it'd be some good karma to kill it, being more practical its destroying a link between us and an attack on Aztechnology that also happens to like eating people's faces (a link that we pissed off with an acid bath).

That tme definitely works for me.
crizh
That sounds like a fun quest, I'm still trying to find time to write up some sort of Deed thing for Gecko...

As to Sunday things are a little tight for me, I need to leave the house no later than 18:30 Zulu for my regular PnP game.
Shalimar
Well this could certainly count as a Deed for an initiation.

Have you considered on Oath or meditation?
bmcoomes
Well I have some bad news, I'm unable to play this sunday. I'd like to reschedule so we can play I still have firday we can play, saturday is taken with my father-in-laws birthday, sunday is now taken becuse of family staying over. Then the whole next week.
Shalimar
It really depends on the time. I have class on Friday as well as study groups for finals that start next week. If we can do it at night on Friday, sure, but during the day is a no go.
crizh
I'm working 17:00 Zulu on Friday till 06:00 Zulu Saturday and the same again on Saturday night. PnP is from 18:30 on Sunday although that might be about to get more complicated with other stuff that will rule out this Sunday completely for me.
bmcoomes
well it might have to be next sunday then. Sorry
DWC
Not that Truth's got much to contribute to a metaplanar quest, but I won't be around next Sunday, since I'll be off in central PA at a con.
Shalimar
Not a problem, with it getting into December it will probably be harder and harder to get together. On the good side, with a few NPCs it wouldn't be necessary for everyone to be there for the run making it a good one for around the holidays.
Oenone
Friday, Saturday and Sunday are all no good for me. And week days are tricky because of the time difference.
DWC
My schedule shuffled, so I'll be around on Sunday.
Oenone
I can do the weekend of the 13th & 14th, if that's likely to be the next game time?
bmcoomes
looking at the sunday of the 14th at our normal time of 1600 zulu.
Shalimar
It sounds like Charlie, Truth, and Etoile is in.

Brent you'd know better than us if Noowan is in. No comment on whether or not Gecko would be in since Crizh's last comment was that he wouldn't be around last weekend but nothing about this one.
bmcoomes
Noowan will be there, I havn't heard from crizh yet too.
crizh
I may be able to make a brief appearance although I ain't sure how Gecko can participate in an Astral Quest...
Shalimar
From what was said we might be using an Astral Gate to get to the Metaplanes meaning anyone and everyone can come. Doing battle on the Metaplanes also puts us in a much stronger position since the spirits aren't immune to weapons while there.
Shalimar
Charlie is summoning up a Spirit to act as a guide to the metaplanes

Summoning a Force 10 Earth Elemental
3 Services, 4P Drain

Drain Resistance: 2 hits

Since this is being done with the Coven I hope its ok if the Paramedic Witch of the initiatory group who is on standby for the quest patches me up
Medicine (Magial Health) 3/5 + 4 Logic + 6 medkit - 1 indoors - 2 Magical Patient6 hits

More than enough to deal with 2P damage.
bmcoomes
looks and sounds good to me.
Oenone
QUOTE (Shalimar @ Dec 10 2008, 01:24 AM) *
Doing battle on the Metaplanes also puts us in a much stronger position since the spirits aren't immune to weapons while there.

They aren't?

Hmmm I wonder if Cutter will let me rent out his Gauss Rifle.....
Shalimar
I doubt you would even need it, spirits don't wear armor. All they have to soak damage is Body, which while high probably will equal our Body + Armor. Assualt Rifles or Drone's would be pretty strong against them.
DWC
I'm curious to see what of ours won't work the way we're expecting it to. Somehow I doubt this will be as simple as spraying the entire metaplane with wide bursts and giggling like children.
Shalimar
If my understanding is correct the entire metaplane is full of Guardian spirits, the most warlike and combat loving of all spirits. I'd bet on having at least a couple of fights to prove our worthyness so that they'll give up the location of our target, probably even duels and things like that. Or I could be wrong and there is a metaplane of blood full of a variety of spirits which have all been invoked to become blood spirits.
bmcoomes
From my understanding it would be a metaphor on the metaplane, and that is would be in the flavor of the tradition of the spirit.
Shalimar
Right, each metaplane (and possibly each area of a metaplane) has its own metaphor, but there are tons and tons of metaplanes like the metaplane of air, the metaplane of fire,etc. What I'm not sure about is if there is a metaplane of blood and our quest would take us there, or if the blood spirit (since its a guardian) would still be based on the Guardian metaplane.
bmcoomes
I think we are on the same page, but I think the govnering thing is the tradition of the spirits. At lest that how I read it, I could be worng it wouldn't be the first time.
Shalimar
I am having trouble connecting to any Open RPG Server
Oenone
Erm I can't seem to find the game on the Open RPG listings. We are on today right?

Ah found it. (And sorry I'm running late today)

Password same as before, yes?

Edit.... Typical. I seem to have lost the notes I made with the password on.
bmcoomes
Yes Mech
DWC
Writing from my iPod. Running whoa late. I'll be on as soon as soon as I get home.
bmcoomes
sounds good
crizh
Sorry guys, wasn't able to make it home in time and now I've got to run straight out for the PnP game.

Speak to ya later....
bmcoomes
Sorry guys I totaly forgot about the game! I was up late from a get-to-gether and getting ready for my graveyard rotation. Sorry again.

Brent
Shalimar
I didn't actually think we were playing with everyone getting busy with relatives and the before christmas rush of things.
bmcoomes
Your right now that I think about it, it would have been rough.

Thanks,
Brent
crizh
Did you play the previous week?

And is there a log?
bmcoomes
Yes we did I have yet to get to it, I'll add it to my to-do list.

Thanks,
Brent
DWC
It was amusing. We learned several important things.
Oenone
Indeed we did. That deep down, guardian and/or blood spirits are basically perverts.
deadman

when is the next game and time please
bmcoomes
Good question,
I'm open for the Sunday of the 4th at our normal time. How is everyone else schedules looking?

Thanks,
Brent
DWC
Unfortunately, my holiday visiting season wraps up with the in-laws on Sunday the 4th, so I won't be around.
Oenone
I might be free, although I'll likely be hungover.
DWC
My holiday plans just changed, since a bunch of my inlaws refuse to miss the Ravens game for a late christmas party so I should be around on Sunday.
crizh
I definitely won't be available on Sunday. Sorry.

I'm going to try and do some sort of down-time post to cover what Gecko has been up to.
deadman

sounds good to me sence there are no games of any worth on anymore biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012