Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Phoenix Rising
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29
crizh
QUOTE (Fuchs @ Sep 23 2008, 01:28 PM) *
DD's not probing the facility - that's what Jake is doing - she's probing the building where the scientist lives.

Are you doing the buildings overall security node or the CHN in the apartment she lives in?
Divine Virus
busy as hell, taking long time to get settled, don't know when I can start posting again. I understand if you want to drop me.
bmcoomes
QUOTE (Divine Virus @ Sep 23 2008, 05:13 PM) *
busy as hell, taking long time to get settled, don't know when I can start posting again. I understand if you want to drop me.

Well so far it's only the legwork you've missed So I'm fine if you can get involved again soon like in a couple of days. I think by then it may be to late.

Brent
Fuchs
QUOTE (crizh @ Sep 23 2008, 09:30 PM) *
Are you doing the buildings overall security node or the CHN in the apartment she lives in?

Building security, up to her apartment so far. I can check if she has a separate security system in her apartment.
Little Johnson
Ok even if they sweep the data trail from this place every day someone has to make deliveries. Food , bottled water, or what ever. someone has to make deliveries even if they dont know what the place is they deliver to.

Can we get anything going on that? A loading doc wuld make a perfect entrance point. And a delivery truck would hold all of us pretty easy rite up to the door.

if we have to go in blind whats the drop dead entrance time? When do we call it and just go?
Oenone
We'd have no way to know who actually brings in the supplies and we don't have time to sit and find out. Which means we can't really hack anyone to find out any details (as we have no clue who to hack) and any vehicle used to try sneak in would get caught pretty damn quick as it would either be at the wrong time or look different to whatever they expected.

If we had a longer timescale then yeah that'd be a viable plan. Sadly it's looking more and more like a frontal blind assault.

On the plus side, to carry out the hit we now only need to hack her car, lock all the doors and drive her into oncoming traffic at full speed. Ideally against an onrushing Nordkapp.
Coldhand Jake
On the contrary, it seems the place has showed up on the radar of the local shadow Matrix...and my choice of the Seattle hacker scene as a contact has gotten me a lead on this very delivery pattern. More as I get it.

From the GM:
They have the floor plans before the place was grab up by the military it was already an assembly plant, The movements they have seen there are only three soldiers guard the place working 12 hour shifts. Shift change is 0500 and 1700 hrs. With a group of 8 white coat types, and three dock workers, but the the dock workers are military grunts only come when a shipment is ready. they placed a chain link fence topped with razor wire and flood that lights up the inner perimeter. It only has one access gate at the northwest corner, they have an emplacement there with a LMG. There is no deliveries they only ship out crates every other week. The workers are only there from 1700 to 2359 Monday through Thursday. The soldiers are feed by MRE's on shift. they are picked up and dropped off from the parking lot by helicopter to travel to and from FT. Lewis. Let me know if there is anything else.
Shalimar
Charlie is leaving all the planning to the others so that she can go summon her spirit and get some rest afterwards. She'll meet up with the group at Riptide's boat.
bmcoomes
So everyone has a headsup I'm headout for my Elk Hunt next Wednesday October 1st. And I will have no internet up in the mountains. I'll be up there for about a week to a week and half.

Brent
Oenone
QUOTE (Coldhand Jake @ Sep 24 2008, 02:21 AM) *
On the contrary, it seems the place has showed up on the radar of the local shadow Matrix...and my choice of the Seattle hacker scene as a contact has gotten me a lead on this very delivery pattern. More as I get it.

Hmmm so it's not quite going in blind, but the delivery pattern is no good for us as they only ship things out. Hopefully they haven't made too many major internal changes or else the maps might prove more trouble than they're worth.

It'd be safe to assume at least one security rigger and possibly some drones on guard too. Fence could is alarmed so anyone cutting it triggers an alert, but if it is then that could actually be a way into the security system depending on how the alarm is wired in.

Edit - In regard to the wetwork side, how likely do people think it is she'll actually head home after her golf? If not we're majorly in trouble as our planning and data is useless, but if so then it gives us the perfect chance to plant a bomb before she returns and just turn her into paste. (And if Johnson complains we can say it was to make sure no additional records were left behind by the target by destroying her implants)

I figure DD has enough control that the building security (and hopefully her front door too) is no worry, the only concern is anything potentially inside her house. Like maybe a guard drone or something. Any way for Truth/DD to find out?

Little Johnson
I would really really prefer something a little more surgical than a bomb.. bombs attract atention. Car wrecks less so.

Even if it meens some colateral damages the wrecking the cars seems a good plan. Tom is more of a shoot them in the face kind of guy but the wreck seems a better option . especially seeing as we could do it from just her car or just a oncomeing car or from both cars. Lots of options.

We wouldnt even need to kill anyone in th oncomeing truck it could be on auto pilot.

Im not against killing people just against killing them needlessly
Oenone
Due to the nature of the target we're going to attract attention regardless of how we do it. wink.gif

The problem with arranging a car crash is it requires her to sit there meekly while we smash a car into her and her friends & family. Which I don't see as a likely option, at best she'll try regain control of the vehicle and at worst she'll call a security hacker from the facility the moment things get out of hand.

As has already been mentioned ICly a car crash isn't definately going to kill her. Okay so we can hijack some automated vehicle and limit the body count, but we're still killing 3 extra people and anyone else the car crash happens to involve.

Edit - Basically my point being that we're either causing a mess and killing extra people or we're causing an obvious explosion and making sure everyone knows it's murder.
crizh
You know, if she were to just disappear it would appear like some sort of extraction. If a body is never recovered that is the way it will stay.
Oenone
QUOTE (crizh @ Sep 24 2008, 08:10 PM) *
You know, if she were to just disappear it would appear like some sort of extraction. If a body is never recovered that is the way it will stay.

Nice idea in theory, but it means dealing with the Fire spirit /and/ every tracking device in/on her. All without harming her in such a way that it leaves enough blood/parts behind for them to assume she's dead. Which is a lot of work and potentially impossible given the tools and skills available to us.

But yeah if anyone can figure a safe way to pull it off then that's our best bet.

I wonder if perhaps we could get wi-fi inhibiting paint, coat the inside & outside of a coffin (or other box shaped thing) knock the spirit out somehow and dump her inside. Then simply bury it someplace out of the way....
crizh
Nasty, a Faraday Cage coffin, I like it.

I can't be the only one that isn't shitting himself about a poxy Force 6?

It only presents a problem with regards the information it can transmit to the opposition. If we snuff it first they don't know what we do with the woman after that.
Little Johnson
we are makeing this harder than it needs to be.

we have snipers killer her on the golf corse
we have hackers hack a dumptruck to flatten her
we have demolitions experts just slide the bomb under her car and remote detonate it when she gets in or near her car

we dont need to get so elaborate on the method i dont think. She is out in the open after all.

I feel time is slipping away and that the real hard part is going to be the data extraction.

or use 2 of the 3 above.
crizh
Dude, the data-extraction must happen first. We have to kill the woman before it is discovered.

As soon as we snuff her the data will be moved, copied or the security massively increased.
Oenone
QUOTE (Little Johnson @ Sep 24 2008, 08:50 PM) *
we have snipers killer her on the golf corse

Keep in mind you're playing the only sniper and you're not doing the wet work.

And depending on the range Winston can throw I think Etoile has the longest range (and indeed the only guns) on the wetwork team. As submachine guns aren't known for sniping ability this presents something of a problem.

QUOTE (crizh @ Sep 24 2008, 08:50 PM) *
I can't be the only one that isn't shitting himself about a poxy Force 6?

Basically the problem I have with the spirit is Etoile isn't suitable tooled up to fight it. Plus I'm not exactly sure how reliable Noowan will be in combat, his spirits are even lower force than the target one and he's mainly armed for close combat and I have no clue what spells he has. Winston will be stuck in his vehicle so we can actually escape, which takes him out of the fight too.
Little Johnson
QUOTE (Oenone @ Sep 24 2008, 03:12 PM) *
Keep in mind you're playing the only sniper and you're not doing the wet work.

And depending on the range Winston can throw I think Etoile has the longest range (and indeed the only guns) on the wetwork team. As submachine guns aren't known for sniping ability this presents something of a problem.

I only ment it was an option and that i think we are makeing the hit harder than it needs to be. We have not discussed the B&E hardly at all.

our hackers and observers said they feel they will be on the course till 11 from another post. also i think they had dinner reservations afterwards

so why not go to the resteraunt stick a bomb under her car and wait in the safty of the getaway car.

then when shes on her way to the car we gt a green light from the hit team and start our assult on the pay data . Ideally we will be hitting the door about the time she blows up and at that point alarms dont matter.
Oenone
QUOTE (Little Johnson @ Sep 24 2008, 09:25 PM) *
so why not go to the resteraunt stick a bomb under her car and wait in the safty of the getaway car.

That should work, but unfortunately we can't be sure if she'll be in the car when we need to kill her.

As for the B&E side, basically no planning has been done because no-one has posted any suggestions or ideas for it.

But as you're wanting people to say something then here goes.

Personally I'd say the best approach would be to get dropped off a short walk away, try do a stealth recon with a drone if it looks clear and sneak up on the fence.

Hopefully Gecko can get close enough to the building to either hook a cable splice into a camera feed or better still relay the signal so Jake can hack them. Using the security camera feeds as a route into the system.

Once inside, check every other feed, find a suitable access point inside (if you can't get the data from there) and then head to it asap.

Edited to break up huge blocks of text.
crizh
I got the impression that the facility was on the water and had it's own dock. Is that right?

If that is the case then it might be easier for me to come at the facility from the water. Once I've got a tap onto something DD and Jake can compromise the security system and the rest of the team can come over/through the fence.
Oenone
QUOTE (crizh @ Sep 24 2008, 10:48 PM) *
I got the impression that the facility was on the water and had it's own dock. Is that right?

If that is the case then it might be easier for me to come at the facility from the water. Once I've got a tap onto something DD and Jake can compromise the security system and the rest of the team can come over/through the fence.

Maybe, but I would personally assume the docks have better camera coverage and are more secure. Simply because they're so easy to get in/out via.

On the other hand..... Seattle is known for heavy rain and this is a fairly large compound right? Which means lots of concreted over land. In turn this means the place probably got built with some kind of drainage system, storm drains to channel water out into the sea.

More importantly it's quite possible they're on the plans from before the place was taken over. And even if they're no longer in use I doubt anyone went to the trouble of sealing them.

This could give Gecko a relatively discreet way inside, depending on where the drains empty out. If nothing else we might be able to get some smaller drones inside unobserved that way. Providing I'm not jumping to utterly impossible conclusions here that is. smile.gif
Shalimar
The reason there is no indepth plan on the data steal is because we haven't been able to get any real info like maps/plans for the building. Everyone knows the general plan though:

We get to the Island under cover from the Water Spirit. Dancing Eyes and Charlie cloak the team under Force 5 Concealment from water spirits and we go in. We make our way through until we get to some means of interfacing with the buildings network. Then Jake does his stuff stealing the data and deleting the file, and we leave, by the boat if we can, or by the 305 if we can't make it to the boat.

We don't really know all of the defenses other then there is only a light presence of metahumans. We'll all pour everything on to anything that comes up to by Jake time, and then we get the heck out. Charlie will summon up a force 10 Earth Spirit as a back up plan to get us clear.

I think we are as ready as we can be for the level of information that is actually availible on this place (almost nil).
Little Johnson
dont think its on the island
bmcoomes
QUOTE (Little Johnson @ Sep 24 2008, 07:33 PM) *
dont think its on the island

Nope it is on an Island. The Bainbridge Island to be exact.
bmcoomes
So are we ready to start moving forward? On to the hit and data steal.

Brent
crizh
Think so, can't wait...
Shalimar
Yeppers
bmcoomes
Ok, I'll start that up here in a few I have to get a few things done here at work first.

Brent
DWC
Cool with me. Truth came to the restaurant ready to get to work.
Oenone
So basically the plan for the Data Steal is wing it and the plan for the wetwork is something along the lines of 'see what's best when the data steal is done'.

Hehe this'll be interesting!

I don't suppose anyone has any idea on plans for if things go horribly wrong in mind? Do we split up and go to ground, then try find out who is alive at a later date? If so perhaps we should set up some kind of code, something /not/ held in any data formats, so we know the person we're talking to is on the team.
Little Johnson
if things go really bad we should all know via the tac net

Im ready. and remember i have extreamly good infeltration skills and the tools to use them . Let me know where im needed in the data steal.

Also id say we need a leader to call the shots if things start to get hairy .

Oenone
QUOTE (Little Johnson @ Sep 25 2008, 06:11 PM) *
if things go really bad we should all know via the tac net

Unless the tac nets been compromised that is. And of course not everyone is using one. I was meaning more for if the group is split up, disconnected or scattered. Maybe they'll start running area jammers and one team will get cut off etc. (Speaking of which if that happens should the wet work team just strike then, assuming the data steal has been discovered and her security will likely be boosted very shortly?)

QUOTE (Little Johnson @ Sep 25 2008, 06:11 PM) *
Also id say we need a leader to call the shots if things start to get hairy .

I suspect for the Data Steal Jake is the best option, if only because two of the group already ICly trust him.

For the Wet Work neither Winston or Etoile want Noowan in charge and Winston has already ICly pushed that role onto Etoile. (Who isn't entirely suited for the people skills part of the task, but at least knows the practical bits.)

As for an overall team leader again I'd have to vote for Jake. He's given no IC reason not to be trusted with the role and he already has support from DD & Charlie. Plus handled the Johnson meet well enough to at least come across as experienced enough for the task.

Edit - If people don't think Etoile is suitable for the Wetwork leader role (and given her IC attitude I wouldn't blame anyone for thinking that) then I would suggest DD, she can just as easily command the hit while at a distance plus she's likely to be in contact with Jake throughout.
bmcoomes
With the data steel as I understood it was Riptide was going to take you team to the 305 dock and from there the inflitration team was going to move in and scoop things out and breach the fence to get a splice into the system. As far as going horribly worng I think it'll be a move as fast a one can to get out of there before the troops get there.

-Edit- I'm fine with what ever the majority votes for as the group leader and who ever wants to run as team leader on the wetworks.

Brent
Little Johnson
Yah i was going to sugest jake too so he has my support.

Shalimar
Jakey jakey he's our orc, if he can't do it no one can spin.gif
Oenone
QUOTE (Shalimar @ Sep 25 2008, 06:40 PM) *
Jakey jakey he's our orc, if he can't do it no one can spin.gif

Now I have to wonder if his first act as team leader will be to impliment cheer leading costumes as the official running uniform for female team members....
crizh
QUOTE (Oenone @ Sep 25 2008, 06:42 PM) *
for female team members....

Hey, no fair, sulks...
crizh
On a more serious note, I'm happy with Jake as team-leader for the data-steal. Somebody needs to be in charge, he's the one that will have to do the actual data-stealing and he seems to have his act together.

For the most part....
Oenone
QUOTE (crizh @ Sep 25 2008, 07:45 PM) *
Hey, no fair, sulks...

Well, if you really want to wear a miniskirt by all means!

Now I wonder if you could get pom poms made into weapon foci.....

Edit - @Crizh What do the sensor packages contain? They might come in handy for the wetwork team even if they're not going to be able to run the tacsoft. If nothing else a camera would let DD keep an eye on where everyone is.
Shalimar
I guess using spankies(cheerleading uniform underwear) as weapon foci is right out then. eek.gif
bmcoomes
QUOTE (Oenone @ Sep 25 2008, 02:58 PM) *
Well, if you really want to wear a miniskirt by all means!

Now I wonder if you could get pom poms made into weapon foci.....

I'd a let it ride, just to see it. LOL
Shalimar
Ok, Charlie knows nothing about how to handle her commlinks/drop commlink, glasses, contacts, tac softs, programs, and subscriptions. I have even less of an idea. Could summon set up my personal network for the run?

This is what I have, need:

Which commlink should I bring to be my master commlink?
Commlink [Charlie Decker] [Fairlight Caliban + Novatech Navi (4,3,4,5)]
Commlink [July Tascar] [Novatech Airware + Iris Orb OS (3,3,3,3)]

What programs should I load? (I guess I could load all of these, since the bottom 4 are ergonomic)
TacNet 3
Analyse 6 (Optimization 3)
Encrypt 6 (Optimization 3)
ECCM 6 (Ergonomic, Virus Resistance 6, Optimization 3)
Spoof 6 (Ergonomic, Virus Resistance 6, Optimization 3)
Armour 6 (Ergonomic, Virus Resistance 6, Optimization 3)
Stealth 6 (Ergonomic, Virus Resistance 6, Optimization 3)

What should I subscribe?
Smartlink
Contacts
glasses
drop commlink

that leaves 4 channels, but is it enough for the tacsoft 3?
Fuchs
DD is not really suited to lead a wetwork job.
Oenone
QUOTE (Shalimar @ Sep 25 2008, 08:16 PM) *
Which commlink should I bring to be my master commlink?
Commlink [Charlie Decker] [Fairlight Caliban + Novatech Navi (4,3,4,5)]
Commlink [July Tascar] [Novatech Airware + Iris Orb OS (3,3,3,3)]

Well, if she's only ever used the Fairlight Caliban for personal stuff I'd suggest leaving it behind. Nothing worse than risking her real identity being picked up during the run.

Technically a Commlink isn't actually linked with an identity so she could just use the better device, but the data you handle on it does leave traces and so it's better to be safe than sorry. Plus with the software package on offer they're functionally the same as the software on offer by Gecko generally has optimization to let it run on lower grade machines and there is a firewall update (which would be very useful for both regardless of intended use).

Edit

QUOTE (Fuchs @ Sep 25 2008, 08:17 PM) *
DD is not really suited to lead a wetwork job.

Well, I mainly suggested her because she was the only candidate I could think of. Winston didn't want the job (and Divine Virus seems to have a lot going on in RL) and Noowan hasn't got Etoile or Winston convinced he's reliable.

If she doesn't feel comfortable with it then I suppose Truth could be put forward as a candidate? (If he's going to have a drone on site that is)
DWC
Truth can handle coordinating things for the people going after the doctor. He's got a rotodrone and an armed drone in the air over her location for just that reason, in addition to the armed drone that's sitting on the boat.
Oenone
QUOTE (DWC @ Sep 25 2008, 09:08 PM) *
Truth can handle coordinating things for the people going after the doctor. He's got a rotodrone and an armed drone in the air over her location for just that reason, in addition to the armed drone that's sitting on the boat.

In which case it's largely a matter of who people want running that side of the show most. smile.gif

Personally I have no real OOC preference and Etoile has no IC preference (aside from knowing who she doesn't want that is).
crizh
The sensor package is just a non-mobile Emotitoy (sorry Fuchs, it's the best option). Just subscribe it to your comm-link, or chain it to another sensor, and it will give you three extra sensor channels. Probably a camera with thermo and a mic, nothing fancy.
Oenone
Hmm, sensor channels aren't really an issue for the wetwork team. Not enough members to actually get any benefits after all.
Unless maybe if we throw in Winstons car and Truths drone.....

Then we might have enough, although I'm still a little unsure if they're worth the risk or not. Playing a character who is pretty poor in the 'trix makes all the fancy communications tricks seem a little dangerous.
crizh
Precisely why I have offered a package of software that ought to at least give you some measure of security without having any skill.

Encrypt to stop eavesdropping, Spoof so Jake can protect you from trace attempts, ECCM to defeat jamming and Firewall and Analyse to give you a chance of spotting someone hacking your comm-link.

It would be safer to slave your link to DD's so she can monitor the software package and hack attempts have to go through her system first.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012