Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Phoenix Rising
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29
crizh
When using an Interrupt action you do still get a Free action on your Initiative.

Might I recommend switching to Cold-Sim?
Little Johnson
yah he said blackout so its stun dammage first till overflow

i think once they attack they lock you in the node so all we can do is sever the connection.
Fuchs
If they knock DD out they can wipe the data at leasure. I'd rather burn edge (if DD's still around when she gets to act) and jack out, that's an opposed test.
Shalimar
Hopefully Jake and his agent can intervene and hit one or two of them. It is 3v3 after all, and all you need to do is to survive one pass before we can break the link.
crizh
They can only take the data back if you are still connected.

I would prefer not to unplug you, however, whilst you are still in Hot-sim.....
Fuchs
So, what about Jake and his agent?
crizh
With regards Dumpshock, I would recommend that he switches to cold-sim also.

With regards acting, Jake kinda did imply that his replies would be patchy for a while. Perhaps Brent can step in for him?

Could he upload his agent onto the Node and then Jack-out?
bmcoomes
I edited the IC post with Jake and his Agent. I'd like to get all the meat side bodies Initiative so if thing to wigout I know were everyone is at.

Soldiers Initiative:
10d6 w/ 3 passes
(1) 12 w/ 3 passes
(2) 16 w/ 3 passes
(3) 13 w/ 3 passes
Little Johnson
quick question. what are al the adds for init? +3 for the tac .anything else?
Fuchs
Well, DD should have made it with those rolls - by a hair though, and surprisingly the last IC almost got her. But since no IC hit her, logging off is a free action.
Little Johnson
i thought blackout locked you in when it attacked? not that i want that to happen im just new to rules and running a hacker in another game
Oenone
@Brent - What's currently happening at the WetWork site? As now that trouble has kicked off at the Data Steal we'll be needing to prepare to make the hit pretty shortly. (Assuming we do infact have the information we're after that is. Johnson did give some kind of guidelines as to what he's after so we'd grab the right info I hope?)

Depending on where (and when) we're up to there might be a need for frantic dashes for sniper positions etc.

@Fuchs - Where did DD actually copy the file to? Her own commlink? Or did she use the satalite (or tacnet) links to stash it elsewhere?

@Little Johnson - I think it needs to hit you for that to happen.
Fuchs
@ Little Johnson: Black Ice only locks you in if it hits you (SR4 P. 231). DD evaded the hits.
Fuchs
DD copied the file to her own commlink (which is default location I'd assume). I don't think she had time yet to copy it to somewhere else.
Fuchs
@oneone: Well, the hit team had some advance warning when DD and Jake went in, so shouldn't be that bad a rush.
crizh
We've had at least two minutes since the Doc and friends started paying their bill and getting their coats, etc.
Shalimar
QUOTE (Little Johnson @ Oct 1 2008, 02:11 PM) *
i thought blackout locked you in when it attacked? not that i want that to happen im just new to rules and running a hacker in another game

It only locks you in on a successful attack (ie if it hits). None hit so she wasn't locked in. If it had hit but failed to damage she would be locked in.
Shalimar
Since DD is still on the boat she can jump straight into the Doctor's link without having to worry about moving her meat body around.

Fuchs
(Short note: As far as I understood, we were hired to steal the data, but that didn't include destroying all copies of it. )
Shalimar
QUOTE (Fuchs @ Oct 1 2008, 02:34 PM) *
(Short note: As far as I understood, we were hired to steal the data, but that didn't include destroying all copies of it. )

I don't think we were hired to destroy the data either, maybe we'll get a bonus for having deleted their data since it'd give our Johnson even more time to get up and running.
Fuchs
Well, DD didn't delete the data though - unless transfer data includes that. She had no time for a delete action.
Oenone
By the sound of it the Doctor is likely to be leaving the building about now right? Perhaps heading out for her car (if so disabling it via a quick bit of hacking would be very handy or maybe even just running her over with it if possible....)

@Truth wanting to open up with the drone as the first resort or the last resort?
bmcoomes
Oenone: I'm working that into my IC post.

As far as the data went I was under the impression that is was deleted with you transfer action. that's why the IC attacked.
Fuchs
Well, as I said, I don't know what exactly transfer data does, so it's your decision. The ICs could have spotted her anyway due to some trigger, or just a random analyze test, so it doesn't change the outcome either way.
bmcoomes
Nope, I just thought you would have deleted it after you transferred it and it wouldn't anymore time to hit the delete command after the transfer.
Oenone
@Brent - I would have posted Etoile getting out sooner, but the data steal was already just about done by the time I had finished cooking and could start typing a post.

If there'd been indication the data theft was in the final stages she wouldn't have sat around in the vehicle as it'd be easier to get out of position in a hurry than it would be to get into one.

As for data transfer it depends on if DD copy pasted or cut pasted. Cut paste implies the original is gone (or at least harder to recover) while copy paste still has a chance to trigger the IC if they're set to detect access to files which shouldn't be in use at that time but doesn't remove the original data.
Fuchs
Well, as I said, Brent can decide what works best for him.
DWC
QUOTE (Oenone @ Oct 1 2008, 02:43 PM) *
By the sound of it the Doctor is likely to be leaving the building about now right? Perhaps heading out for her car (if so disabling it via a quick bit of hacking would be very handy or maybe even just running her over with it if possible....)

@Truth wanting to open up with the drone as the first resort or the last resort?

Last resort. Truth's attention is about to be largely focused on drawing the soldiers away from the boat and from Gecko's line of retreat.
bmcoomes
I'm working on the IC post now and Gecko is out with no one seeing him.

I'm fine with the wet team already out of the vehicle.
Oenone
Righto. Then Etoile will get to try her new toy out on an unsuspecting victim. You've made a very crazy Street Samurai very happy. biggrin.gif
bmcoomes
I'm going to be a few minutes replying I have to finish sealing my fence (The wife's honey-to-do list and all). smile.gif

Brent
Shalimar
Well, it looks like we made it safe and sound. Only thing left is the hit, and they are about to be flooded with help from Truth, DD, and Jake.
Coldhand Jake
Fine run on my actions, on the grounds that things went well. Had she been hit, Jake would have engaged in full-bore cybercombat to give her time to get out. He's that kind of guy. Now that they're out clean with the data...posting.
Shalimar
Out of curiosity, how much have people spent on group expenses?

5,000 (Finding + Hiring Riptide)
bmcoomes
I think that was about it, I don't remember anything else.

Brent
Oenone
Yeah and she's thankfully just out in the open, where hitting her will be reasonably easy to do.

Edit - The holding Etoile does is so DD has time to act before she starts the shooting.

Edit 2 - Bah I should have invested in a silencer or at the least a thermal damper.
Fuchs
(Someone needs to tell DD what exactly they need done)
DWC
Truth has spent a little cash on pirated software, though I've kept track of that as it happened and been updating his sheet to reflect it.
Little Johnson
id sugest making sure any cameras ar not looking at the hit and or eraced as a start. want to keep evedence to a min. also someone sugested blocking her calls or rerouting them untill after the hit.
crizh
Any chance she can nail her bio-monitor?

I'd hate for Etoile to waste her only for Doc-wagon to scoop her up and put her back together again...
crizh
Boy meets Girl, girl gets riddled with bullets...

Nearly fell off the chair laughing at thet....
Oenone
@DWC's post just now. rotfl.gif

Edit - To prevent Doc Wagon helping why not park her own car on her after she falls down?
Fuchs
To prevent Doc Wagon from helping, simply make a headshot after she is down (and therefore not moving anymore). Even Doc Wagon can't fix brains.
Oenone
Yeah, should work. Am reading up on called shots now to see how tricky that'll be.
DWC
When she's lying there bleeding out, and the others have run for cover from the hail of bullets, walking up and double tapping her should be trivial.
bmcoomes
the would be trivial but with a force 6 spirit going nuts might have something to say otherwise though.

Brent
Oenone
Yeah but that means dealing with her pet spirit.

Edit - Hey on the plus side DocWagon might have trouble with the spirit too!
Tarantula
Docwagon doesn't bring people back from the dead. I think 2 shots at 11P (even if 1 P resisted each burst) is 20boxes of damage. Overflow is only lethal once it reaches the characters body. So, she'd need to have a body of 10+ in order to survive. I don't think she will.

Also, even if she isn't dead, she'll take 1 box more each (Body) turns, until she gets stabilized. And the chances of her not bleeding out before docwagon shows up aren't good either.
Shalimar
QUOTE (DWC @ Oct 1 2008, 04:08 PM) *
When she's lying there bleeding out, and the others have run for cover from the hail of bullets, walking up and double tapping her should be trivial.

Uhh...Force 6 Elemental might mind. Actually what happens to an Elemental bound to guard someone when that person dies? I'd think it would conclude that its service is done. Below is an Intutition + Magical Bacground check for Charlie to know the answer to this question.

4 hits
bmcoomes
if that was is only service order then yes but with the military summoner it'd counterattack the attacker.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012