Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Phoenix Rising
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29
Oenone
Quick question in regard to the Denver characters we've got.

Would anyone mind if I ditched Fusion now while we're only a single low level run in and wrote up something else? (Ideally taking the nuyen and Karma earned from that mission over to the new one. But if not then I don't really mind.)

Basically I can't see there being any real advantage and/or reason (both IC or OOC) to have two vehicle based characters in a team that small. While with Etoile in the PR campaign (who must admit I'd also considered dropping at one point) we're able to spend nuyen for Karma to speed up adjusting our characters to better fit whichever role we enjoy (and indeed is required) in a standard rules game (especially one which doesn't run all the time) it's going to take forever to give Fusion any chance to stand out (and more importantly be fun to play) as Karma rewards and nuyen income are much lower in comparison.
DWC
Fine with me. You could change characters more often than the average gamer changes his underwear (once a week, for the record), and it'd be fine with me. Well, the character part. The underwear thing is just nasty. Not that I want to know about it either way, but, well, you know. Yeah. Play whatever you want, since it is Missions, and it's made to allow people to play different characters as they see fit.

Of course, if Brent feels otherwise, my ramblings all become moot, weird, but moot.
bmcoomes
Yeah I'm fine with that I'd rather you have something you want to play then beeing stuck in a character going no were.

Brent
crizh
Can I just say in counterpoint that having two vehicle characters just means we have twice as many vehicles, which can't be a bad thing.

I really liked how that first run worked out. Having enough resources to convincingly make two runs and split the opposition made the whole thing much easier. I mean, I know it was a milk run and all but still, we cruised it by being able to be our own diversion.

And I really liked that Rover....

I've finished all the NDA stuff BTW have you heard from her Brent?
bmcoomes
I'm still working on Deadman's NDA but I'll pace out some of the stuff they have out right now. It'll be attachments via email.

Thanks,
Brent
crizh
Cool.

It'll be better than having to listen to Hermit and his Shill going on and on and on and on....
bmcoomes
after the first couple pages of the shit strom I stoped reading.
Oenone
QUOTE (crizh @ Mar 16 2009, 09:08 PM) *
And I really liked that Rover....

Heh thanks. I think I probably spent just as long tweaking the Rover as I did for the rest of Fusions 'ware and gear (and it's not even finished as the thing still has standard sensors fitted).

I might give her a second shot just to be sure I really don't want to play her.

And on that note how're we handling downtime for Denver? As in time between runs, Karma spends and using Nuyen to buy new stuff.

Just post up here with the appropriate dice rolls?

Also I'm curious now as to what they've actually changed (although not curious enough to wade through a flame war) as I honestly can't afford to buy a PDF for a book I already mostly have.
crizh
Hmm.

1. Attributes now cost New Rating x 5

2. Direct Combat Spells add the net hits you use to increase damage directly to the Drain Code.

3. OR has risen from 3 to 4 and 4 to 6 for the relevant categories.

4. Activesofts now cost Rating x 10000

5. Both Movement and Concealment got minor nerfs. I think

6. Innate Spell got a nerf

ummm

7. Proper Dart Guns got added. Nobody else has noticed that yet and I ain't telling them the argumentative [bad word]s

8. Proper Sensor Rules

9. Device Ratings can only be increased by 2 from base.

a few other little bits and bobs.

Number 4 is probably the most important one to you.
Oenone
Number 4 being RE Etoile I assume? Bleh that means I have to re-calculate her bi-monthly pirate software fee. Ah well.

Number 8 actually is of more interest as if I do keep Fusion her vehicles sensors are the next major thing she has to improve. That and better programs... I swear I'm never ever making a hacker/rigger without access to a wares group again.
crizh
Well I bought Warezhouse 24 as one of Granny's contacts so you can have access to whatever cracked software you need.

I'm assuming that for the time-being we won't be using any of SR4A unless we are asked to.

Aaron has said that they are still discussing how to deal with the changes with relation to Missions games and no decision has been made as yet.
Oenone
Cool.

Is it worth us doing a software swap or perhaps going half and half on the patch costs for the pirated stuff and sharing the goods?

Speaking of refering people to contacts Fusion has a contact who forges ID's which is fairly important for Denver and she'll gladly act as a go between if people need anything buying.
crizh
Granny won't object to a contribution to patching costs. I haven't worked them out yet but I imagine they are substantial.
bmcoomes
I started a Denver downtime thread. there will be 31 days or a month of downtime.

Brent
bmcoomes
I'm looking at running the "adventure" this Sunday Who's all in?
crizh
Like I said I'm unlikely to be able to play for any length of time, if at all, this Sunday. The following Sunday is my wife's birthday party and the Sunday after that I'll be halfway to Paris where I'll be for 10 days.

I could possibly do Sunday, well Monday, about 0200 Zulu, whatever that is in your money. In fact I could probably do that any night except Friday and Saturday.
Oenone
QUOTE (bmcoomes @ Mar 17 2009, 08:42 PM) *
I started a Denver downtime thread. there will be 31 days or a month of downtime.

Brent

Isn't that really excessive? I mean anyone with medium lifestyle or above either breaks even or drops in Nuyen after the first runs payment.

That's not taking into account patching costs for software or the In Debt negative quality.

As for this weekend... I can't be sure if I'm home in time. Should be, but I have people over and might be in another sleepless zombie mode.

Other nights aren't especially good for me as I have offline games and stuff going on.
bmcoomes
Well it sounds like we have a stuff coming up so we will reschedule.

Crizh: Go have fun man!

Oenone: that's reasonable I'll edit it to two weeks, how does that sound?
Oenone
Two weeks sounds fine with me!
DWC
Two weeks works well.
crizh
Two weeks sounds much better for down time. I was kinda tearing my hair out trying to find a way to pay debts and deal with software patching on three grand.

Oenone are you not in the UK?

Would you not be able to do an 0200 game? You could get some kip and then play.

edit - I might even be able to manage as early as 0030...
Oenone
Normally I'd have to be up for work at 6am on Monday, which rules out late nights / early mornings. However I do infact have next week off work, so I might well be around at that time. Unless I've /really/ overdone it on Saturday that is...
crizh
You could just choose to behave yourself.

No, sorry, forget I said that..
bmcoomes
Here is the game log from Sunday March 15th, 2009

[ Spoiler ]

thanks,
Brent
Oenone
QUOTE (crizh @ Mar 18 2009, 09:17 PM) *
You could just choose to behave yourself.

No, sorry, forget I said that..

*Gasps* What an unpleasant notion that is.

On the plus side this time we're only meeting Saturday itself. So I will only be missing one nights sleep and not two like last time.
crizh
On a related note, never try to post IC when you're drunk.

Several hours of 'work' yesterday appear to be complete nonsense in the cold light of day. I think some of it can be salvaged, maybe...
bmcoomes
OK I'm confused are we wanting to play this weekend? I'm fine with playing from Now (friday night) to Sunday night

Thanks,
Brent
Oenone
I think Crizh was saying he might be around to play very late (in terms of GMT) on Sunday. I won't be around at all Saturday and might be fairly rough for Sunday itself however.
crizh
I, like Oenone will be asleep most of the day. Then I've got to go see my Mum, obviously.

I've got a PnP game from 1930 Zulu to 2330 Zulu. I can be home by about 0030 on Monday morning which is about 1830 your time.

If Oenone doesn't mind playing after midnight, and thus getting more time to recover from Saturday night's exertions, that would be the ideal timeslot.
DWC
I'm around all afternoon tomorrow (or later today, depending on frame of reference, but need to hit the road by 1930 EDT.
deadman
so we playing, yes or no and at what time?
crizh
You guys are on summer time now? In which case I'll be available from about 2100 EST onwards. I think Oenone can do either the normal time or the later one although something about massive hangovers has been mentioned....
bmcoomes
I'm up for anytime so lets hash a time out and I'll run the game. I have openrpg up and running now. Yes we are on summer time, daylight savings has ended.

brent
bmcoomes
Well it's pasted 0930 pst so I take it we are trying for this evening then? Say 1830 or so?

Thanks,
Brent
crizh
Aha, you're on Pacific time. I wondered, it was 9am when we spoke the other day and it was 1600 here. I thought I'd lost my mind for a second.

I totally couldn't get hold of you last night. The laptop wouldn't connect to MSN or GMail and the battery was running flat so I PM'd my report on "that thing I was working on" straight to Jennifer. I think that was fine with her, she was happy with the input at any rate.
bmcoomes
OK I did get it but hadn't forwarded it so it's good that you did get it sent.
Oenone
I'm confused now, which is to be expected as I've just woke up after a full 24 hour of party I suppose, 0030 on Monday is when we're aiming for still right?
bmcoomes
that's my guess I'll have the room up and running.

Brent
Oenone
Cool. I'll be around then, thankfully my mouth feeling like Badgers have been living in it won't impact upon my typing skills!

DWC
That sounds decidedly unpleasant.
bmcoomes
it's up to you if you want to show up or not.
Oenone
I took a look at that Lameco Street Samurai you emailed Brent and one thing did stand out as a flaw with the character.

The body score isn't high enough for the level of armour the character is packing. Even the Armour Jacket is going to give penalties to actions, let alone when they're wearing the FFBA underneath it.
DWC
I don't seem to have written it down anywhere. What'd we get in terms of cash and karma for that Missions run?
bmcoomes
it was four karma and 3,300 nuyen
DWC
Groovy.

Edit: Wee! 4 karma spent picking up Binding 1. Now the time comes for the grueling climb to a 12 Magic rating, enlightenment, and retirement.
bmcoomes
Who will be all have for tomorrows game?

thanks,
Brent
Oenone
I should be around. Unless I've been arrested for strangling my landlord, which may well happen if the fire alarms go off /again/. Twice in one night is enough thank you very much, especially when it's 3am.
DWC
I'll be around.
deadman

should be still need to know the time grand kids will be here some time tomarrow,think the boss said in the morning so depending on the time may have to duck out for a bit.
bmcoomes
it'll be the normal time 0900 PST or 1600 zulu.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012