Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Phoenix Rising
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29
bmcoomes
I can save the chat log and then post an update for everyone. Kewl I'll look forward to you being there next sunday.

Brent
Shalimar
I think my username is shalimar.
Fuchs
Can't make it.
DWC
Fiddled around with OpenRPG last night and got it working. I'll be logging in as DWC, to simplify things.
Shalimar
QUOTE (bmcoomes @ Oct 18 2008, 06:34 PM) *
From there chose a server I normaly use OpenRPG Veav I, once there I'll make a room for the game.

Veav I isn't up at the moment, where should we meet?
DWC
It just came up.
bmcoomes
That weird I'm on that server right now and have a room made, try reloading openrpg if that don't work we'll change servers.

Brent
Little Johnson
I had people show up at my house unexpectedly. my appolagys for missing.

did we get the issues worked out?
bmcoomes
Yes, that fine. Have fun.
Oenone
Hope the session went well. Looking forward to seeing how the first openrpg session went.
bmcoomes
Were still playing, I'll have you in it next sunday.
Shalimar
The first session went well, it ended a little after 3pm my time (3 hours).

The Run: Sneak into a dam and install an agent and a piece of hardware and then sneak back out.
Target: Aztechnology
Opposition: Light (Newly acquired damn, haven't had much time to bring in security, but there is a familiar face on the scene. A modified version of the Mech we stole is on site as security)
Runners:
Cutter (Sam) NPC
Charlie
Noowan
Truth
Tom

Payment: 20k each, plus gear/expenses

We haven't started the run itself, just the basics. We are making up our want lists for the gear during the week, meaning that depending on Brent's approval Etoile and Gecko might be able to join in.
bmcoomes
Yes, Gecko and Etoile will be open to join us next sunday.

here is a link of the mod'ed mech

though it don't show it's weapon payload.

and here is the log:
Brent: Morning
Shalimar: Morning
Shalimar: I do not see a map at all, I see two images of the mech
DWC: same here
Brent: kewl
DWC: I saw those at first, but they were quickly replaced once the images had loaded
Brent: well Deadman should be here soon
Shalimar: How do you do character sheets and such?
Brent: ok one sec.
DWC: heard anything from anyone else about whether they are in or out?
Brent: it's us mostly for today plus deadman.
Shalimar: what is a tree node?
Brent: that is the character sheet,
DWC: groovy
Brent: we will have Crizh and Oenone next Sunday
Deadman: hello all
Brent: does everyone have there dieroller set to sr4?
Shalimar: How do I do that?
Brent: use the '/dieroller sr4' command
Brent: you can also do the /help command that will give you all of the commands
Brent: are we ready to go game on?
Shalimar: Ok, I'm slowly inputting my character sheet data, but I can game without it and do it later if that’s ok since I already have the sheet in two other places
DWC: I'm in the same boat
Brent: that’s fine, it's more for your ease of us during the game.
Shalimar: ok if it’s not a pre-req, I am good to go
DWC: Given how much stuff Truth has, it's easier to stick with the sheet on the forum
DWC: same here
Brent: Kewl, I'm fine with that.
Brent: OK than Game on (is will be for out of character talk)
Brent: the current date is Sunday June 1st, 2070
Brent: (you have been doing your thing for the last two months, Anything of importance you want to get up to speed with?)
Shalimar: (Nope, we handled everything through PMs, but you may want to offer a similair option for training to the others)
DWC: (should be good. Would have been plenty of time for all the work Truth did)
Noowan: (not here)
Brent: (right you do have the option to develop some income and trade for karma)
Brent: (in the ball park of 5 karma)
DWC: (interesting option)
Brent: (mainly today will be get you guys setup and ready to run, with the posability to start the next mission)
Brent: (you'll have to sell me on your income plan like Charlie did)
Brent: (though thats not to hard to do)
Noowan: (sounds good to me)
Shalimar: (I suggested it because Charlie has very little upkeep, only 3k/month...and she earns that in 30 hours a month of warding leaving her with 28 days/ a month to do stuff)
Shalimar: (it just made sense to have her try to do things that would actually be worthwhile with those 28 days a month given 60 or so days of downtime)
DWC: (essentially, you're giving us the option of having day jobs to cover lifestyle costs?)
DWC: (part time day jobs, anyway)
Brent: (for the most part or something like it, it can be small time shadow work too. I know that people need money and/or karma)
Brent: (BRB I'm going to make some coffee)
Shalimar: (I spent the Karma plus 35k from the job/personal finances on karma...I is a Karma Whore)
Shalimar: (Joined a Group, Initiateded, and learned a spell, thats how I spent my 2 months)
Noowan: (will have to conceder the offer and I also need coffie)
DWC: (conversely, Truth is a botomless pit for cash. If it's ok, he'll set himself up as a small time private investigator on the side, trakcing cheating spouses and other assorted simple stuff to pay the mortgage, and help keep up appearances)
Brent: (I'm back)
Brent: (I'm good with that)
GM: (you guys can set up you Alis lib with your character names if you like)
Shalimar: (the way I figured my rate was 100/hour, and that seems like it would hold true for PI work as well)
Shalimar: (I basically came up with how many hours I had after I spent time on learning a spell and gave myself hours to work based on that)
GM: (what is everyone up to on that AM of given day?)
DWC: (sleep)
Truth: (though if it's early enough in the morning, finishing the previous night's work)
Shalimar: (In the nemhed(Sacred wood) of the coven for some meditation but it depends on how early )
Shalimar: (Charlie is living with Mike and Mirta at this point and helping out in the shop would be a normal occurance as well so it depends on time of day)
(4238) GM: (like around sun up)
(4246) Shalimar: (The sacred wood doing some meditation)
Noowan: (back sorry had a slight case of wifeus interuptus)
Truth: (awake, flying the rotodrone back from cruising around downtown)
GM: At about 1000 you commlink rings..
Noowan: (awake comuning with my friends and medatating and just geting ready for the day)
GM: (the add pic is the Ms. Johnson on the commlink)
Noowan: Greatings and how may I help you?(I answer)
Charlie: Charlie was back inside after an hour of meditation by 9:00 AM, and had just finished summoning a an air elemental (F1, no drain) to sweep the shop when her commlink buzzed
Charlie: (Assuming its the July Tascar Commlink)
GM: (yes)
Charlie: This is July Tascar, magical consultant, how can I help you?
Truth: Truth takes a moment to be glad that internal commlinks can't get set to vibrate, and drags himself out of half-sleep to answer the call
Truth: "Morning. where do you want to have lunch?"
GM: Morning, I have got you number from Ochir. I hear you are looking for some work?
Truth: "Always"
Charlie: "Work is always welcome when it comes from Ochir."
Charlie: (is this a group chat?)
Noowan: "Yes I am looking at the moment"
GM: (not realy I'm just get everyone at once)
Charlie: (ok)
Charlie: "What type of work is being offered?"
GM: Good I'd like to meet at a warehouse in Tacoma
GM: ..sends the location to your comm..
Truth: "When?"
GM: at 1300
Charlie: "When?"
Noowan: "ok will be there"
Truth: "Damn. Hate when I don't get fed at these things."
Truth: "But I'll be there."
Charlie: What type of work is this, and would I be part of a team of consultants handling the matter?
GM: I might have food there if is an issue
Truth: "It was a joke."
GM: yes, it'll be a small group
Truth: "A joke that failed miserably, appartmently."
GM: I'll have all the details there
Charlie: Am I correct in assuming the other members of the team were brought to your attention by Ochir as well?
Ms. Johnson: yes
Charlie: ok, then I am fairly certain I know and trust them. I will be there.
Charlie: I will see you then
Ms. Johnson: Good I'll se you there
Truth: "I'll be there."
Ms. Johnson: (do you guys need to do anything before I fade to the meet?)
Charlie: (nothing big, I would be bringing a predator loaded with stun rounds, and Fashioning/ make overing myself but the dran is low enough I can auto-resist)
Ms. Johnson: (sounds good)
Noowan: "See you then"(I hang up and tell my friends that we have work and get my gear ready and head out for the meeting)
Truth: (just a quick initial scouting of the area. Drive to Tacoma at around 11, and cruise the area with the rotodrone, leave the drone pointed at the site, then go get a slice of pizza or something, before showing up at the meet)
Charlie: "Bye Mike, I have an apointment at 1pm in Tacoma, got to run."
Ms. Johnson: (sounds good, truth give me a perception test)
Mike: "OK, be safe call if you need help."
Truth: 12d6
Truth: [12d6] => [5,2,5,6,3,5,1,3,6,6,3,4] Hits: (6)
Charlie: (Charlie would also give a quick once over of the site from the astral before leaving for the meet)
Noowan: (do a serch of the area on the sly to make shure it is not a trap)
GM: (there you go, [10d6] => [3,1,2,1,5,6,6,2,4,1] Hits: (3))
Truth: (oops. forgot I can't commandline this one)
GM: Your rotodrone flying over the place, you notice a sniper in chameleon suit and set up covering the warehouse.
Truth: (does he look like he saw me?)
GM: (let me see, [6d6] => [2,1,1,5,3,4] Hits: (1))
GM: (nope)
Charlie: how about my astral Projection Recon?
GM: (give me a roll)
Charlie: [6d6] => [4,4,4,1,2,6] Hits: (1)
GM: (there are some task spirits running around dong things but they have nothing to do with the meet)
Charlie: (Can she see anyone on or in the building?)
Noowan: 0k my for my recon
GM: (go a head and roll Noowan)
Noowan: [7d6] => [4,2,2,6,6,6,1] Hits: (3)
GM: (There is a spirit hiding around the warehouse but you cann't tell if it has anything to do with the meet)
Truth: Truth notes the sniper's location, then resumes his hunt for a decent lunch spot.
GM: (K)
GM: (we ready to fade?)
Charlie: (do we notice anyone alive in the warehouse with our astral projecting?)
Truth: (I am)
Charlie: (or each other?)
GM: (Yes there is three people in the wearhouse)
Noowan: (can I tell the size of the sprit)
Charlie: [6d6] => [2,4,6,5,2,3] Hits: (2)
Charlie: to assense the first of the three
Charlie: [6d6] => [6,2,1,2,2,6] Hits: (2)
Charlie: to assense the second
Charlie: [6d6] => [6,5,5,6,2,6] Hits: (5)
Charlie: to assense the 3rd
Charlie: (after that I am good to fade)
GM: (it's a guardian spirit force 3)
GM: (none are awakened, they are light cyber'd)
Charlie: (did I get any emotion?...we can move on)
Noowan: (not real comfy with this setup but go ahead and fade)
GM: (they are all calm and focused)
Noowan: (I tell my friends to watch my back front and both sides)
Charlie: (good to go)
GM: (kewl)
GM: You walk into the warehouse and there are crates setup to make a hallway. As you work your way through it opens up into a meeting room.
GM: There are chairs lined up, and a stage like area, with presentation equipment setup
Noowan: (go in scaning as I go)
GM: there are two guards just inside the open area and Ms. J is standing up on the stage
Charlie: Charlie waits until she sees one of the others entering and goes in with them (Looking at the Astral as she goes)
Truth: Truth pops another garlic knot in his mouth as he emerges from the crate maze, then offers the last one to his hosts. "These things are great. Anyone want the last one?"
GM: (it's like a military breifing room)
GM: "No thanks, please have a set."
Noowan: "No thanks Truth,good to see ya agian"
Truth: "Your loss." Truth shoves the last one into his mouth, then settles into a chair that's at least partially sheltered from the sniper he spotted before.
Charlie: Charlie takes a seat next to Truth. "Nice to see you guys."
Noowan: "Charlie long time no see"
Charlie: "Its good to see you." Charlie tells Noowan, and then turns to the Johnson, or the most vocal one. "Are there more coming or are the three of us it?"
Noowan: (reinstruct my friends to watch our backs)
Cutter: A tall thin Elf man walks in. He is dressing in Profesional Tactical Clothing (like the 5.11 line) He has an Ares Predator IV on his right leg and a Cougar Fine Blade on his belt left back hip.
Cutter: (kewl)
Cutter: "morning everyone"
Truth: "What can we do for you?"
Charlie: "Good Morning."
Cutter: "Nothing I'm here for work"
Noowan: "morning are you the fetured speeker today"
Cutter: "No I'm sitting with you guys."
Noowan: "Ok cool "
Ms. Johnson: I asked him here,
Noowan: "nice blade"
Ms. Johnson: Morning, lets get started.
Cutter: Thanks
Ms. Johnson: I have a job I need done. It will in tell getting into a small enclave, get into some lab computers and install some equipment.
Ms. Johnson: I'll outfit you with needed gear, and pay 20,000 Nuyen each.
Ms. Johnson: this is the target area
Ms. Johnson: the labs are in the Dam
Truth: "Interesting. What has to be put into the computers?"
Cutter: So your telling me we have to get to this Dam which looks like Grand Coulee.
Charlie: How bulky is the stuff that needs to be installed? Is it hardware or software?
Cutter: A program agent to mess with test data. and the equipment will hide some of the readings.
Cutter: The program is software, and the other is hardware there smaller than a breadbox
Ms. Johnson: (oops that was Ms. J)
Truth: "What's involved with the installation?"
Noowan: "and the restance factor is what"
Ms. Johnson: Get into the target computer which will have to physicaly done, place the jump drive in it'll do the rest.
Charlie: [8d6] => [2,1,5,2,2,1,1,5] Hits: (2) (Local Area Knowledge to see if the damn is local)
Ms. Johnson: The resistance will be mild as long as you can keep off the gride.
Charlie: "Who is it that owns this property and will be guarding it?"
Ms. Johnson: (the area is Grand Coulee Dam, Aztechnology just closed a deal with Salish-Shidhe to build a small enclave. Aztechnology, (that is common knowlage from the new lately) The deal was closed a month ago)
Noowan: "Aztec is a heavy hitter and for the most part all there stuff is fearcly gauarded"
Noowan: "how fresh is your info?"
Ms. Johnson: (see brings up a picture of the smaller mech above) this is a new manned drone they have put out. They have a few in the area testing them with Salish-Shidhe's military in some friendly war games.
Charlie: "Very fiercely guarded, especialy something this high profile. They wouldn't want to get a black eye over their new toy."
Ms. Johnson: "it's up to date"
Charlie: (Is this the one we just stole?)
Ms. Johnson: "They have yet to get all there assests into place, now is the time to get this done." (it's a mod'd version of what you stole)
Noowan: "and you call this lightly gauarded one of those things is at least a platoon"
Ms. Johnson: "They will be busy playing with salish-shidhe."
Truth: "Just means we don't start a gunfight with them.
Ms. Johnson: "Right, it would not be a good idea to start a firefight with them."
Noowan: "things being the way thay are there is not only them but it will be oh so sprituly active let alone magicly garded"
Ms. Johnson: "They don't have those assests in place yet at lest not a number of them."
Charlie: "I'm worried that they would start one with us regardless. They are not known for restraint. This mission could be very dangerous with so few people."
Ms. Johnson: "well I'm expecting a few more people to get here, You know them from Ochir."
Charlie: "This mission would seem to require a number of highly skilled people, and we are only 4 meaning a lot more risk, and a lot less chance of living to see the reward."
Truth: "Are you going to want a follow up meeting with us after we're done, since there's no delivery involved?"
Noowan: "and defenatly worth more that 20,000ny in my book anyway"
Ms. Johnson: Well, I'm going to equip you guys with what you need so that is why the pay is lower then normal.
Truth: "Yeah. Back to that. What are you planning to send along with us?"
Noowan: "what he said"
Ms. Johnson: "Your needs are my first priority"
Charlie: "20,000 plus expenses should be fine because I am not going in unless I'm loaded for Dragons."
Ms. Johnson: "so what every you need I'll get it"
Truth: "Top of the line fake SINs that say we live in the enclave and are working on the dam?"
Ms. Johnson: "I can get them but they wont be fool proof."
Noowan: "thats great for those of you that have expences"
Charlie: "Spirit Binding materials enough to bind the army of spirits to take on that mech."
Truth: Truth seems surprised that getting forged site access from the Johnson is even an option.
Charlie: (Noowan can make out like a bandit on spirit summoning materials here)
Noowan: (BRB wifeus interuptus)
Ms. Johnson: (Yeah, but there still in the consurtion phase so there is room to get you in that way)
Ms. Johnson: (kewl)
Charlie: (1,500 a pop, or 3,000 a pop since she doesn't know anything about his limits. Plus he keeps unused services and materials)
Charlie: "Can those IDs be made as site security? It would give us more options."
Charlie: but its probably a lot harder
Ms. Johnson: "As security I don't think so, I can work it as workers for building the enclave but thats about."
Ms. Johnson: "about it."
Charlie: "That should be ok. I can mask the fact that I am awakened."
Truth: "Border crossing should be a non-issue, but can you get us into the country without having to deal with it anyway?"
Cutter: "You have to expect them to be running around with ass hanging out?"
Ms. Johnson: "Yes, Ochir will be houseing you at his ranch"
Ms. Johnson: "No I don't but they will be busy with all they have going on."
Ms. Johnson: "there is room to get you guys in and do the job, you just cann't go nuts." Cutter: "Well I'll work on my wish list then."
Truth: "How much construction is still going on at the site, and how much of it is automated?"
Cutter: "A lot they are working on the walled fence line, and a good part of it is automated."
Cutter: "There also working on some new building too."
Charlie: "How do you want to work the expenses? We give our list to Ochir, and he sends you the Tab after approval?"
Truth: "Interesting."
Cutter: "Yeah that will work, I'd like an Idea on your list."
Ms. Johnson: (dam it that was Ms. J again)
Truth: "I'll start putting one together."
No Name: Tom Here
Noowan: (Back,hi tom)
Cutter: "Off the top of my head I like a Thrunderstruck Gauss Rifle"
Cutter: (Hi Tom)
Tom Green: hi
Charlie: "Offhand we are looking at nano-paste for disguises to match the fake SINs, Binding Materials, stuff for the infiltration...some heavier weapons to deal wth the type of security they could bring... maybe 20-40k, enough to make up for our smaller numbers.
Truth: (howdy)
Charlie: (hi)
Noowan: "ok I supose its good deal "
Tom Green: im packing a full auto mossburg with ex ex if needed
Tom Green: that puts out some hurt at close range
Charlie: "As a rough estimate, it depends on the actual plan we put together, and what that actually entails."
Cutter: (tom you at a warehouse in Tacoma for a meeting with Ms. J)
Noowan: "need detaled site maps"
Noowan: "security rotation shifts"
Ms. Johnson: "I can get some but for the most part they are changing rapidly"
Truth: "What's the absolute latest we can do this? How long do we have to observe the place?"
Tom Green: what kind of window can you give us
Noowan: "site maps are the most important, we can clock the rotation"
Noowan: "I would say min of at lest 3 days guys?"
Ms. Johnson: "I don't have the shifts as of yet, you most likly be in a better position to get them on site."
Charlie: "We will take whatever we can get for that stuff." Charlie says, referencing the info Noowan was asking for.
Charlie: "As to the time frame, what are we looking at here?"
Ms. Johnson: "What I do know is they are only running perimater and road check points most heavly."
Truth: "How's their air cover?"
Ms. Johnson: "the faster you can work it the better off you guys will be, they will have less assests on scene."
Noowan: "Well I figure with 3 day observation we can perty much have there rotation down"
Ms. Johnson: There air coverage is vary limited.
Tom Green: thats a plus
Tom Green: Air support can make things dicey
Noowan: "well guys what ya say "
Ms. Johnson: (tom this is the target area)
Tom Green: "im game"
Truth: "Sounds good, so far."
Charlie: "She is definitely right about the speed, I think 3 days should be the outside. With 2 days being the goal. Enough time to watch them and have Ochir get our gear, but not enough to let them bring in too much force."
Ms. Johnson: (add this is Ms. J)
Charlie: "I am in as well."
Tom Green: looks to be plenty of vantages for my specialty
Noowan: "Tom you see the big ogley sute there thats whats there"
Tom Green: i woul like to be in an observation positin asap
Charlie: (its a modified version of what we stole, meaning our last employers were the Azzies)
Ms. Johnson: "good I'll forward half your pay to Ochir now for you, and have my guys ready to get what you need."
Noowan: "we need to get in do our thing and get out with out them geting siced on us"
Tom Green: ( ok whats the take again )
Truth: "Works for me."
Ms. Johnson: "here is my comm for the job if you have any other questions or needs."
Ms. Johnson: (20,000 nuyen each)
Charlie: (20k, +expenses)
Ms. Johnson: (plus gear)
Ms. Johnson: "Ochir has the jump drive with the Programs and hardware already."
Noowan: "that big barberic teddy bear "
Ms. Johnson: "He is a good guy"
Cutter: "Kewl I'm in too. I've been to Ochir's ranch before it's nice to say the lest."
Charlie: "That sounds good. With the deadline, perhaps we should adjourn to start our planning and observation. We will have our lists to Ochir as fast as possible."
Noowan: "where ya all want to meet up"
Tom Green: im looking over some gear. I might have a request depending on initial observation
Ms. Johnson: "Sounds good you all have a nice day, I'll let Ochir your coming."
Truth: "We'll worry about where to meet up after our employer and her three guards have left."
Ms. Johnson: (They all leave)
Truth: (including the sniper?)
Cutter: (yes, the sniper is moving away)
Cutter: "Dam I've seen some nice Johnsons before but she might tack the cake."
Tom Green: "no such thing as a nice johnson"
Noowan: "Charlie you know what binding stuff is needed just dubble the order,plus the latest mono sword and cammo sute with all the bells and whissels foe me"
Cutter: Well you know what I mean
Truth: "Yep."
Charlie: "Her charms weren't lost on me either. Too bad Jake isn't here."
Cutter: Now whats up with these crazy looking drones?
Charlie: "Or maybe that should be good thing Jake isn't here."
Truth: Truth starts scanning for hidden wireless nodes, looking for bugs of any sort (EW+Scan is a DP of 14. Buying 3 hits per turn for the next 20 turns.)
Noowan: "Truth you got long range recon on that bug of yours with live feed?"
Cutter: (the room is clean)
Truth: "Of course. It's pointed at the nest that Ms. J's sniper just climbed out of."
Charlie: "We should either clear out of here before discussing stuff or check the room for bugs."
Truth: "Checking it already. Nothing so far, other than all our commlinks."
Cutter: (truth just did)
Charlie: (Charlie didn't know it when she asked though)
Tom Green: ok can we go over qickly the objectives again just so we are all clear?
Noowan: "Good deal whats the range? If its long enough we can use it as a un mand sopoting unit"
Noowan: (spoting unit)
Charlie: "Lets keep the requests reasonable to start with and then add wish list stuff so we know we'll at least get what we need. I think 10k binding materials should cover it."
Tom Green: im especialy good at the whole recon thing.
Truth: "I beefed up the sensors in my gun drones a few weeks ago, and now all three of them are more than sufficient to keep an eye on things out there. The resolution is pretty crazy."
Charlie: (Objectives are to sneak into a new lightly staffed Azzie damn and install an agent and some hardware.)
Tom Green: i was thinking of something heavy like a barrett 121
Tom Green: ok i shouldnt need that kind of stopping power
Cutter: I know I'm going to get a thunderstruck rifle.
Cutter: and some other cream.
Truth: "Am I crazy, or are we working for the UCAS military?"
Cutter: if poo hits the fan I want to be ready
Charlie: "Whatever you need put it on the list, and if its a bit of overkill no big deal."
Cutter: Most likly.
Charlie: I think we are
Noowan: "Guns,guns,guns cant we all just get along" smile.gif
Truth: (brb. phone)
Tom Green: but... shes connected i would like to get as much restricted gear as i can even if i have to pay for it
Cutter: Right she'll foot the bill
Cutter: (Right now she'll foot the bill)
Truth: (b. worng number. Never have a cell number that is one away from a veterenarian's office)
Charlie: "Definitely, grab everything that would be useful, but prioritize the most useful stuff too so we have stuff to give up if she says its too much."
Cutter: Do you guys know anything about these Drone things?
Tom Green: i think id like the barrett model 121 and an auto 16 .. the auto 16 probly tops my list. it upps my close range fire power
Truth: "So far, just what I've seen. They're heavy combat drones with a rigger cacoon strapped onto them."
Cutter: (Tom by the way it's sunday June 1st, 2070)
Noowan: " ok folks lets make quick we got a long ride ahead of us"
Charlie: "Maglock Passkeys, Sequencers, lots and lots of nanopaste for disguises."
Cutter: Well if someone wants to drive we can do this on the road.
Tom Green: (iare componets interchangable on weapons?)
Cutter: (some but not all)
Cutter: (if there the same weapon type, slings and things like that will work)
Truth: "My truck's outside, though I'm hardly ready to hit the road right now.
Noowan: "one of thise things has the fire power of a damn platoon of armored solders"
Tom Green: ok then i need them chamelion coated and smart linked. the rest of my fgear i can do myself
Tom Green: we know how many we will face?
Truth: "Right now, no clue."
Noowan: "well she did say a few"
Noowan: "and they were holding war games"
Tom Green: whats the odds of our hacker frying the rigger and bypassing all the crunchy shells
Cutter: I'd estamate at lest in the hight teens if not more.
Tom Green: dam since its infultration ill be no good for long range support
Cutter: Of what the enclave or the drone?
Tom Green: Ill have to get up close and personal
Noowan: "so being an optamist I would say at least 8, 4 per side"
Truth: ""Right now, unless Cutter's got a surprise for us, I am our hacker, and combat hacking has never been effective."
Charlie: As of right now, Truth is it for Hacking, and he is handling the drones.
Cutter: Nope I'm a samie
Tom Green: ok..wishfull thinking
Cutter: I don't play well in the code pool
Tom Green: i got a healthy respect for the hackers on our last run
Truth: "I got a healthy respect for one of them."
Charlie: "She didn't say the war games were happening on the site though, did she?"
Truth: "I doubt it. Just in the region."
Cutter: No she didn't.
Tom Green: well we might want to think of stiring up some trouble that will draw those guys away if we blow our entry
Noowan: "well they have to be close by and prob stored at the site"
Charlie: so we should maybe only run in to one of them, maybe two and light guards.
Noowan: "we blow our entry we fricken abort life is more important"
Charlie: "If we need to, I can have a Spirit whip up a storm over the course of the day before we go in."
Noowan: " but being the best team on the market that wont happen"
Tom Green: i agree inoowin but i like to be prepaired
Cutter: Right if stuff goes south we will be in for a fight for our life.
Charlie: (So what is it we are asking for?)
Tom Green: if security is still lite ..any shance of gaining acces in a semi legit fasion? food / water delivery. maybe
Cutter: We have fake SIN's as construction workers
Tom Green: Charlie ill deffinitly need those 2 weapons. i wont penetrate the armor with standard gear
Truth: "Exactly. We walk in, look like we know where we're going, and hope no one bothers us."
Tom Green: rite truth
Charlie: (this is OOC stuff in Paranthesis, Just trying to get up a list for Ochir)
Noowan: "10-15k binding materals, one top of the line camsuit with all the bells and whissles, the sword and cam suit is for my self and we split the binding materils"
Tom Green: put me down for a berrett model 121 and an auto asult 16 both smart linked and camo coated
Noowan: "10-15k in matrils sound good to you?"
Tom Green: i can return the equipment at end of mission if needed
Tom Green: more likely ill offer to buy it from her if she cant front
Truth: "Safer to get cash from her and buy from Ochir."
Cutter: (I'll BRB)
Charlie: "She said she was using the gear as part of our payment so don't worry bout that."
Tom Green: ok deal
Truth: "I don't trust her that much."
Tom Green: all rite then i say we try to get a look at the site even if its at a distance
Charlie: "I haven't worked on Binding yet so I don't have much use for binding materials though I could learn I guess. Drop it down to 10k materials and I'll ony take 2k."
Tom Green: she a johonson that goes without saying
Charlie: Ochir is getting us the gear, she is just paying the bill
Tom Green: oh ok
Truth: "I know. I don't want her knowing what I bought."
Noowan: "well its a long drive to the area "
Tom Green: what about the drone?
Tom Green: we can get some info from it
Truth: "I'll bring some of my own to look at the site."
Charlie: "I'm putting in for some Ex-Explosives rounds as well."
Noowan: (folks my better half is telling me that if I dont get off this machine I wont be breating much longer)
Tom Green: ( recruit her we could use a face withthat kind of intemidation dp)
Cutter: (I'm back)
Noowan: (so when are we meeting agian)
Charlie: (I think this is a good stopping point, I can't stay much longer either, and we can all post up our lists of gear in the Phoenix rising thread, and handle leg work there)
Tom Green: ( next sunday same time ok?
Truth: (should be.)
Charlie: (next Sunday at 12:00 again is fine with me)
Tom Green: (what is that in centrel time?)
Cutter: (oK sounds good, yeah next sunday 1600 zulu)
Cutter: I jump up to Ochir's Ranch
Charlie: (12 EST, 9 pacific)
Noowan: (its up to G.O.D. games operationl director)
Cutter: and you can post you list to the OOC Thread.
Tom Green: (ok got it )
Charlie: (Just want to double check that its at the same time as today (0900 Pacfic time)
Cutter: Yes,
Tom Green: ( if everyone can pick up a cheap headset we can use fvoice next time)
Noowan: (ok folks see ya all next sunday at 9am)
Charlie: (okie dokes. I am heading out then)
Truth: (later)
Cutter: ok later everyone.

Oenone
So, what job offer/details/etc do Gecko and Etoile get sent? Just the same basic info of break into a damn, plant agent and device and then leave (With the same payment plan etc of course), or do we get told something vaguely different?

Oh and will you want details of what characters have been up to during the two months via forum messages?
bmcoomes
No for the most part it'd be the same deal. Just for what ever reason you were unable to get to meet. So you guys will be out at Ochir's Ranch. Which is the Warden area in current time. You guys can do your legwork from here too to speed up game play time. I PM'd you about your down time I'd like the same with Crizh.

Brent

--Edited--
Oenone
I'm guessing asking for a Artemis Industries Dawnglider each complete with legal rating 4 pilot aircraft skillsofts with pluscode 3 would be asking a bit too much huh?

Personally I'm thinking the fake SIN, some kind of appropriate Technician/engineers uniform (with high level insultation) and a shielded tool box to hide weapons in would work best. Preferably with a chameleon suit with thermal damping for if things go poorly.

(The reason for the insulation being a few of those heat pads tucked inside it and the trapped heat should make us show up on thermal scanners even with the chameleon worn underneath).
Shalimar
The Gear Charlie is putting on the list is:

100 Ex Explosive Rounds (Pistol)
100 APDS Rounds (Pistol)
100 Stick n Shock rounds (Pistol)
Chameleon Suit (All the bells and whistle's)

Team Gear:
Smart Jammer r6 (area)
Sequencer r6
Maglock Passkey r6

Charlie doesn't really have any money needs and she isn't going to ask for equipment just to sell it at the end for a payday. Any cash she makes is going to be funneled into Karma anyway since I'm going to need 22 Karma to get where I want to be on initiations and metamagics (Extended Masking + Flexible signature)

Oenone
The gear we'll need largely depends on the tactics we feel most comfortable with. So any rough plans people have in regard to that would be good. (Does anyone have the skills/contacts to find out just what this device is? Because if it turns out to be a bomb which'll pop the damn I'm not all that sure fitting it is a good thing.)

Etoile is poor at the people side, so outright stealth would be the better option for her, depending on where in the damn we're trying to go swimming gear might be worth investing in (and isn't too costly either). While the air defences are supposed to be weak I suspect we're just not cut out for an assault via the sky.

Should we pack anything to handle the combat drone if it does come for us? We could probably pack a single shot rocket launcher with an electrical rocket or two just incase. Etoile is more than strong enough to carry it about, the only trouble is of course they're not too stealthy.

I will second a Chameleon suits with all the upgrades possible (Thermal Damping and either Chemical protection or electrical resistance would be the best bets).

For team gear I put suggest we also add the following;

Nanopaste disguise kits for everyone. Including those who'll be working remote (because then we may have spares)
Cellular glove moulder rating 3 and a biometric finger print scanner.

<>
Oh and on a somewhat unconnected note does anyone have use for the following? Etoile has them spare now she has her cyber eyes.

Contact Lenses - Smart Link, Image Link and Flare Compensation
Goggles - Thermographic Vision and Vision Magnification
Shalimar
Charlie just got her bells and whistles glasses and ear buds so she needs to unload 2 pairs of glasses, a pair of contacts, and earbuds all with various mods. Maybe we could take up a collection for the poor or something.
Oenone
Set up our own second hand electronics store online and use it as a front to commit matrix crimes!
bmcoomes
For the most part from what I can tell we are getting in by posing at workers. So it's more stealth than shoot-n-up type plan were taking.

Cutter is taking a Thunderstruck Gauss Rifle so we will have an answer to the combat drones, plus he is working on another idea for them too.

The boxes are electronic hardware they will filter and alter data so that the sabotage will not be found until it's to late.
Swimming would be a vary bad idea, from one side you'd be turbine food the other the spillways would crush you against the dragon teeth. I do think everyone have a chameleon suit and nanopaste would be good ideas just so we all have the option. An assault by sky why possible would bring down hell on us.

With the gear Ochir might fence it for you guys.

Oenone
Maybe, although the values are so low I doubt it'd be worth his trouble unless we can add a bunch of other things to the pile.

Never hurts to see if someone else in the team could use unwanted gear.

Okay then. In which case Etoiles personal requirements are thus.

1. Legal Industrial Mechanic skillsoft the higher the rating the better, preferably with pluscode to reduce the space it needs to 1.
2. Uniform for the facility with insulation upgrade.
3. Chameleon suit with Thermal Damping upgrade at rating 6. (And if possible chemical protection filling up the remaining slots)
4. Fake SIN with appropriate licenses to support the cover story we're using.
5. Toolbox with Industrial Mechanic tools in, plus shielded compartment to hide two light pistols in.
Little Johnson
If possable id like to know what kind of workers we will be. I could modify a surveyers tripod case to hold 1-2 long arms like my shotgun or rifel... shotgun more than likely

we can go in unarmed but that scares me a bit. on the plus side if we get poped comeing out and have nothing incriminatingon on us we can claim to be environmentelests checking to make sure the dam is safe.. likely just a trespass charge..burn the fake sins after bail and we fade away

Oenone
QUOTE (Little Johnson @ Oct 20 2008, 08:35 PM) *
If possable id like to know what kind of workers we will be.

Industrial Mechanic would seem to be the most likely candidate, the internal damn workings aren't likely to fit any other catagory. That is of course assuming we need to place the device inside the thing and not in a nearby control station?

Edit - And Etoile can't go in entirely unarmed. Cyber implant weapons and all. (Although the description implies they don't show up on a few kinds of scanner. As they're made from non-metallic substances.)

We might need to pack an anti-mad jammer in the group kit pool, if they will put up the money for one. As they'd give us a decent shot at getting past a lot of security measures. Plus they're expensive and hard to get hold of, so it'd be a nice thing to keep hold of.
bmcoomes
well what Cutter is thinking is getting a van setup as a contractors van for us then we can have a lot more gear hidden and shielded. He already has a van that would have to mod'ed. I'd like to be hooked up at all possible.
Oenone
That works nicely to get us on site, it's just moving around after we're in that's the problem.

We want to be able to walk about without anyone being curious about the submachine guns, knives and swords we're packing.

Which was why I suggested the shielded toolbox, the tools on top will fool anyone looking inside, while the shielded compartment allows the pistols to go through scanners but still be close enough for easy access.

I guess asking for ceramic hold outs might work too. Like the one which now causes 8P damage thanks to errata (which seems /slightly/ broken to me).
crizh
OK, I'm going to try my best to play on Sunday. I may screw it up though so be patient, I've never been good with the clocks going back, which of course happens here on Sunday.

As to what to do during down-time I thought that a trip to LA would be a good plan until the heat was off in Seattle. Jake is running this down-time roleplaying thread that I'm going to take part in for the time being. I thought Gecko could do some stunt work while he's in LA, lay down some truly extreme sense tracks for Sim productions.

I'm not really sure whether you are letting us earn money or karma for down-time activities and I'm not currently sure which I would prefer.

For the current run I'm not sure that I need any gear, I'll give it some thought....
bmcoomes
Right that makes sense, they should be able to be made or bought easily.

Don't worry to much I'm flexible and if it's anything like this Sunday you'll have time to join in. Daylight savings doesn't end until November 2 here in the states.

To a degree I'm let the team earn cash or karma (because you can buy karma) in there downtime. And it can be a split of the two also.

But is anyone working on legwork for this, or are we still in basic plan phase?

Brent/Cutter/GM vegm.gif

Shalimar
Charlie will run an Astral Scout on the place to see whats going on. She wont try to sleaze through any wards, but she'll see what she can see.
DWC
Truth is definitely going to spend a lot of time observing the entire dam end of the valley, over the course of a couple of days.
DWC
My grandfather's 90th birthday party just got moved to Sunday, so I can't make it this week, though I'll be back next week. Given that I'd imagine most of the session will be legwork, let me know if there's anything you need from me and I'll put something together beforehand.
Fuchs
Well, I have to bow out. Sundays are spoken for already here, so I can't fit in a 3-4 hours slot. It was a blast, and I had much fun in the first run, Brent!
bmcoomes
DWC: Not a probelm, your right it'll be mostly legwork and setup so you'd be fine I'll have you there in spirit. by the way what are the details of your drone watcher (as in operation time, attitude, things like that.)

Fuchs: Sorry to hear that but I knew I wouldn't be able to get everyone over to OpenRPG. I'm vary glad you had fun with the first run.

Shalimar: Are you astral projecting or sending a spirit and if so what type and force?
Little Johnson
once it gets dark tom will suit up and look for a good vantage point to watch the comeing and going of the dam.

he will watch for 24 hrs or untill hes called back by the team. ill have an AR window open to the team and feed the vidio from my smart linked sniper rifel scope.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1778577/ 7 hits

i did 14d as i dont think this looks like an urban environment if it is let me know ill ad 2 to the dp

Visual perception test is

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1778611/ 7 hits
Shalimar
Charlie would do actual Astral Projecting as opposed to sending a spirit, though she'd summon up an Earth Spirit (F5) to keep her concealed (though it doesn't have to go with her to do that).
bmcoomes
here is a link of an overview of the area.

I'm working on the other stuff, Cutter will accompany you Tom I don't think going alone would be a good idea.

Brent
Little Johnson
exelent. btw i am going armed and camelion on this . does cutter have stealth gear yet?
bmcoomes
Yeah, he has the works already.

Brent
Oenone
Where on the map is the target?

Maybe we should arrange for a getaway vehicle on standby out on a back road somewhere? So worst case scenario we can flee into the surrounding countryside and ditch the vehicle which smuggled us in.
bmcoomes
it's inside the dam it self.
DWC
QUOTE (bmcoomes @ Oct 21 2008, 10:32 AM) *
DWC: Not a probelm, your right it'll be mostly legwork and setup so you'd be fine I'll have you there in spirit. by the way what are the details of your drone watcher (as in operation time, attitude, things like that.)

Fuchs: Sorry to hear that but I knew I wouldn't be able to get everyone over to OpenRPG. I'm vary glad you had fun with the first run.

Shalimar: Are you astral projecting or sending a spirit and if so what type and force?

Truth's surveillance plan is pretty similar to what he did in Eagledale. Find a place to hide, land, and power the main motor down completely, then just observe.

Arsenal lists pretty much everything as having a service time of 6 hours, though I'd guess he can stretch that out to at least 10 hours since most of the time all he'd be doing is running the camera and the wireless radio.

The rotodrone will be parked someplace on the far side of the valley from where Tom is set up, allowing him to both watch Tom's back and see the other side of the target.
bmcoomes
Charlie: When you arrive you see no wards, but on patrol currently is what you can tell a Guardian Blood Spirit. Give me some rolls for assessing. Let me know if you asses any of the guards too.

Little Johnson & Cutter: You guys find that the physical security has three stations each with 30 personal they are running three shifts around the clock. There is a fever pace of building going on, the big priority is a security wall (I'll update the map soon) with a few building being built also in the enclave area.

DWC: You get the same information as above, by the way if your drone runs off battery we could pack an extra to extend the operation life of it. There is vary little radio chatter, but you do get that there is an Aztlan military force near by (under 20 miles) They consist of three platoons of infantry, Three of the Mechs, and the support troops.

That should be it for now.
Brent
crizh
The Azzie platoons consist of how many Mechs? We know these things can be air-dropped, do they have any independent flight capability?
bmcoomes
There are only three mechs (Phoenix Class) in the azzie force. They do not have any independant flight.

The spirit is a free guardian blood spirit force 8. most of the guards are cyber'ed a few are adepts and only three are mages. one of the guards (leader) is an initiate and from his magic he is a twisted adept.

crizh
QUOTE (bmcoomes @ Oct 22 2008, 07:15 PM) *
and only three are mages.

Hahahahahahaha!

The presence of a Blood Spirit has reminded me that we are being asked to invade Aztlan here.

Can I put a Skraatcha on our wish-list?
bmcoomes
Skraatcha?
crizh
QUOTE (bmcoomes @ Oct 22 2008, 07:23 PM) *
Skraatcha?

Arsenal p.113
Shalimar
QUOTE (bmcoomes @ Oct 22 2008, 02:15 PM) *
The spirit is a free guardian blood spirit force 8. most of the guards are cyber'ed a few are adepts and only three are mages. one of the guards (leader) is an initiate and from his magic he is a twisted adept.

Can I put a Nuke on the list? We aren't exactly the most magically sophisticated group so we don't really have a chance if we have to fight, even a little bit of one. We also don't want to cast any spells since that would leave a signature behind and would mostly likely be couterspelled in the first place. With that many mages we can't count on getting a single spell off past the couter spelling.

Brent, what is the warding situation like? and what is the break down of guards that are actually at the damn? I mean are there 30 guards there at all times with 3 mages and the blood spirit always on site at the damn? Or is that thirty guards and blood spirit patrolling the area as a whole?
crizh
It's a Free Spirit, you could go on an Astral Quest for it's Truename...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012