Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Phoenix Rising
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29
crizh
Even further tweakage....

Hawt dang, there are a lot of little quirks and odd rules for PhysAds.
Coldhand Jake
Detailing my permanent High Lifestyle at the Divine Comedy bought with the Trust Fund(20) feat to represent my wonderful home life...

The top floor of the Comedy is a three-bedroom flat. Two bathrooms, huge kitchen, living room and den. It is only accessible by locked stairwell or the central elevator by access code. It includes a ground level closeable parking garage for three large vehicles, as well. He lives with Mei and Calista, a pair of fellow runners, who manage to remember to keep the house drones on track as they pass through. Mei is a master chef, and does most of the cooking, Jake maintains the CHN and home drones, and Calista sleeps with the woman who handles their rental account(among many, many other people). The place is an old warehouse/apartment combo, made -very- sturdy and which is extra-solid. Of course, the four warehouse floors are devoted to the Divine Comedy, and is the workplace of the "couple". Of course, as the building is in a reclaimed warehouse district in the L.A. Sprawl, the neighborhood sucks, crime rate is terrible, but at least the gangers are customers, and have learned to respect the dancers...and the bouncers...and Jake. The apartment has -great- AR, the computers are top of the line, but they don't keep alot of drones, mostly just a simple few for cleaning. They order real food from a supplier weekly, and have a good selection in the fridge (since Mei orders, it's mostly ingredients for her next dish). Jake subscribes to ALOT of stuff, but they're not the tickets to the new play type. Except Calista, but she goes with whoever she's manipulating this week.

Middle Comfort(3)
Low Neighborhood(2)
Middle Security(3)
Middle Entertainment(3)
High Necessities(4)

Easy-going Landlord(-1)
Perfect Roommate x2(-4)
Well Made(-1)
Workplace(-1)
Crash Pad(+1)
Rough Neighborhood(+1)
bmcoomes
QUOTE (Coldhand Jake @ Sep 12 2008, 01:34 PM) *
Detailing my permanent High Lifestyle at the Divine Comedy bought with the Trust Fund(20) feat to represent my wonderful home life...

The top floor of the Comedy is a three-bedroom flat. Two bathrooms, huge kitchen, living room and den. It is only accessible by locked stairwell or the central elevator by access code. It includes a ground level closeable parking garage for three large vehicles, as well. He lives with Mei and Calista, a pair of fellow runners, who manage to remember to keep the house drones on track as they pass through. Mei is a master chef, and does most of the cooking, Jake maintains the CHN and home drones, and Calista sleeps with the woman who handles their rental account(among many, many other people). The place is an old warehouse/apartment combo, made -very- sturdy and which is extra-solid. Of course, the four warehouse floors are devoted to the Divine Comedy, and is the workplace of the "couple". Of course, as the building is in a reclaimed warehouse district in the L.A. Sprawl, the neighborhood sucks, crime rate is terrible, but at least the gangers are customers, and have learned to respect the dancers...and the bouncers...and Jake. The apartment has -great- AR, the computers are top of the line, but they don't keep alot of drones, mostly just a simple few for cleaning. They order real food from a supplier weekly, and have a good selection in the fridge (since Mei orders, it's mostly ingredients for her next dish). Jake subscribes to ALOT of stuff, but they're not the tickets to the new play type. Except Calista, but she goes with whoever she's manipulating this week.

Middle Comfort(3)
Low Neighborhood(2)
Middle Security(3)
Middle Entertainment(3)
High Necessities(4)

Easy-going Landlord(-1)
Perfect Roommate x2(-4)
Well Made(-1)
Workplace(-1)
Crash Pad(+1)
Rough Neighborhood(+1)

Looks good to me, vary good for character background.

Brent
Fuchs
Short Intro

Picture: Arrival

So, this is Seattle.

DD lets her eyes roam over the city, or what she saw from it, upon arriving at the Sea-Tac airport. She isn't as impressed as she had expected to be. Seattle, the capital of Shadowrunning. Or former capital - L.A. got much more and better coverage these days, in her opinion. Still, the sprawl carried the weight of history, so to speak.

The young woman opens an AR window, linking to an aerial live feed from a traffic drone while she walks towards the customs checkpoint.

Now this looks more impressive.

Compared to L.A. the metroplex looks denser, more concentrated - nestled between the sea and foreign countries. Not as spread out as DD is used to. And the famous or infamous landmarks are clearly visible, dominating the skyline. There is the pyramid, and there is the arcology. It really looks like in "Showdown in Hell", where Jack Runner battles his toxic half-brother terrorist nemesis on top of the arcology during a hailstorm. Well, without the storm, and with daylight. But still, very cinematic.

DD frowns at the thought. By all rights she should be a star by now, basking in the limelight. Or at least pulling good coverage on a run. Instead she's coming to Seattle to get another chance at shadowrunning. DD would have preferred to run in L.A., with the superb P2.0 system, but since her first job there fell through she hasn't exactly been swimming in job offers. At least not shadowrunner job offers. Two-nuyen hacker jobs that amounted to working as a glorified search engine and some side-jobs in the adult entertainment industry as well as some creative databank hacking have paid her bills, but haven't helped a lot in breaking into high-profile shadowrunning, much less show-business. So, this trip to Seattle - temporary trip! - is her second shot.

DD logs on to the local node, picking a cab provider's ad to flag down a drone cab to get into Seattle proper, where her new apartment is waiting - already furnished, rented by a corp for employees that come to Seattle for a project or similar task, too long to make hotels cost-effective, too short to get a real flat. Rented by a fictional corp in her case, thanks to some rearranging in the adminstrative database. DD will have to reshuffle the data in a month, when the fictional corp will file for insolvency, and replace it with another corp's data.

During the ride it starts to rain. DD is tempted to filter the rain out through an AR mod, but decides against it.

Very noir, with the clouds and rain. Almost retro-shadows.

DD then remembers the data she got about Seattle's weather pattern, and rechecks it.

I'll have to buy a coat I think, with that rain.

Raindrops would look very good on the Zoé Second Skin outfit, in DD's opinion, but the Seattle scene seems to frown on such clothes, from what she gathered browsing some forums.

Looks like every runner in Seattle has a coat. Maybe I'll buy a lined duster, that would go well with boots, hot pants and a top. Jake'll ask where I left the pole, of course.

Picture: New Outfit and AR
Fuchs
(Going to repost it most likely when the IC thread opens.)
bmcoomes
Very good, I liked it vary much. I'll be opening the IC thread here soon hopefully in the day or two. I don't need people to do this but your more than welcome to, I'll get everyone setup when I start the IC thread. By the way, so every knows if it works for everyone, the weekend will be the heavy day. And depending on how work is, I'll get some during the week but don't expect too much. Plus my off days are Monday and Tuesday so I will have a decent bit of time for it too.

Thanks,
Brent
Coldhand Jake
So stealing your idea, Fuchs...*grins* Edit for intro incoming.

Los Angeles, Jake's Apartment, Top floor of the Divine Comedy. 11:21 AM, L.A. Time

"Ugh. Fuck." The portly ork slowly lets his mind grind into awareness as the dream of him and the naked elf chick breaks -right before he gets in her-...as usual. He rolls over, the whir of his cyberarm reminding him to unfilter his eyes and ears, morning light flaring through a window...

"Mei! You left the window on again..." He waves irritatedly, the window vanishing. He sits up, flicking the mental switch that fires up his implant commlink, the frosty iconography of Snowman's "SnowDrift" OS appearing during the boot sequence, then vanishing in a haze of snowflakes to reveal his AR HUD, mostly crap he left open from last night...
{Save/Close>Mei&Calista209122070.vid}...that had been fun to watch, the two beautiful women having given him quite a show that had lasted...apparently 1 hour and 9 minutes. It had seemed longer. Thank the gods for cybereyes.
{Save/Close>SeattleTraffic.map}. That would be useful. Figures someone would offer him Seattle work after Dragonflight and PAX were over...

" 'Sure, miss the gaming conventions, but come get shot up.' Ass. Holes." He brings up the chronodisplay. "11:23 AM L.A. 1:23 P.M. Montgomery." Yeah, about the same as usual. He climbs out of bed, and heads for the shower. As he sets the showerhead to near-scalding, and has a seat under its hammering flow, he messages Mei. He stretches out, enjoying the hot massage, as he waits for her to get her comm and glasses on.

{Me: Mei? Where are you?}
{Mei: In the kitchen, working on a new pork dish. Wearing nothing but that eyescorching palm-tree Hawaiian of yours from last night actually. You should come have a taste.}
{Me: Of the food or you?}
{Mei: wink.gif Either. lick.gif }
{Me: Remind me why I'm going to Seattle again?}
{Mei: DD said there was work. With Judas dead, we're going to need a new lead on work, and Seattle's heating up again. So you're going to go see what contacts we can make out there, so we're not having to trip over our Horizon friends doing Hollywood work anymore. Last time we ran into the Public Eye, we couldn't figure out whether to shoot them or invite them to the club.}
{Me: And why isn't Calista doing this again?}
{Mei: She's busy, and we need her here. As good as you are, we have backup bartenders, DJs and tech support. You're also the best at taking care of yourself in weird situations that don't call for "fucking or shooting", as Calista put it.}
{Me: Okay, I'm taking my bike though. -So- sick of paying cab fare.}
{Mei: I'll be fine with the Patrol-1, and Cali still has her car too. We won't be short.}
{Me: But how am I going to get by without my girls?}
{Mei: Don't worry, I won't sleep with anyone but Cali, and if we do, I promise to send you the trideo.}
{Me: Not entirely what I meant, but, um, woot?}
{Mei: love.gif Come eat.}

Jake closes the window, scrubs down and comes into the kitchen, after a quick stop to grab some cargo shorts and a shirt that reads "Multiple Orgasm Donor". Tugging the shirt on over his tattooed form, he has a seat and spends a good minute checking out Mei's form. Athletic, muscular, but not too bulky, with incredible curves...and bringing over lunch. Jake grins as she leans over the table in the -unbuttoned- shirt, giving a fine view of another potential meal before he hits the road, as the spicy szechuan dish lands gently on the table. She smiles at him, smooth Chinese hair falling over orcish, but still beautiful features. He reaches out, and guides her into his lap.

"Remind me... why I'm going to Seattle again?"

The answer wasn't any better...but the way she put it was -incredible-.
Little Johnson
I think that fixes it
Fuchs
(Just a FYI: What DD thinks is often highly biased, and could be totally wrong.)
Little Johnson
Anyone know where i can get any pdf's for equipment? actually any sr4 pdfs would be appreciated so i can take my books with me on my laptop when i travel.

note im not trying to get out of buying books as i like to have actual books i just want to have a more portable format for when im not home.
Fuchs
Catalyst sells the books as pdfs. Battlecorps website.
Divine Virus
So I am collecting BP donations for buying group vehicles. They are expensive (especially if you want a fast car that can outrun the Lone Star patrol cars).

DWC
QUOTE (Divine Virus @ Sep 12 2008, 04:29 PM) *
So I am collecting BP donations for buying group vehicles. They are expensive (especially if you want a fast car that can outrun the Lone Star patrol cars).

What have you got your eye on? I'm finalizing Truth's gear and I'm pretty sure I'll have at least ten or twenty grand left that I'd otherwise be spending on even more of the same types of drones, which I'll gladly contribute.
Fuchs
If Brent allows buying pirated programs at char gen that'd free up about 50'000 nuyen from DD for a team vehicle (pirated programs cost 10% of list).
Coldhand Jake
QUOTE (Fuchs @ Sep 12 2008, 04:14 PM) *
If Brent allows buying pirated programs at char gen that'd free up about 50'000 nuyen from DD for a team vehicle (pirated programs cost 10% of list).

I have all Common, all Hacking, and an Agent and OS all at 6. Happy to make illegal copies for you. You'll have to crack them yourself...but hell, we're pirates. ARR.
bmcoomes
I'm fine with that aslong as the cash saved is for the group vehicle. Plus only if others are going to pitch in too.

Thanks,
Brent
Little Johnson
I should be in for 25 grand or so all i need is armor , stealth suit com and a cpl guns. can somepne give me a price on a trivked out HK sniper rifel with bells and whistels from arsonal? I can get the priceson the rest.
Divine Virus
As I said, I was thinking a fast well-armoured car, and a well rounded van. My defensive tests in a van should be 14 dice+/- handling, so I am not too worried about being hit- the armour on the car being so I can run people over without worrying about damaging the car. I haven't really been crunching different set ups for vehicles yet, since I don't know how much I have to work with, or how much you guys think is worth sinking into a vehicle. I know I could easily spend a 100k nuyen on just these two vehicles alone.
Fuchs
Sounds good, mark 50K down for the vehicle from DD - can't really use non-pirated programs to ahck anyway, so don't have to change anything atn the sheet for that. Assume it didn't come in character as nuyen from her though. SHe might have arranged for some parts or so, maybe.
Shalimar
I'm pretty tapped as far as build points for a group vehicle is concerned. I'll put it to you guys to decide, I can ditch my Binding skill and conjuring materials to pitch in 25k to the group vehicle, but I'm worried that since I'm the only mage not having the ability to put spirits on tap would be a problem.
Fuchs
Think we should have enough for a vehicle.
Divine Virus
Well, here is my character sheet except for equipment and knowledge skills. There will be much tweeking but it gives people an idea.

[ Spoiler ]

And a sixty-second history, just to give you an idea
[ Spoiler ]
Zaranthan
Sorry for the last-minute entry, but spellcasters don't shave their own BP. biggrin.gif Apologies for the whole-cloth formatting, but the first week of school doesn't leave me much spare time. I'll clean this up and add backstory tomorrow afternoon after work.

[ Spoiler ]

Update History:
2008.09.18.15.15: Added Ochir
Divine Virus
If DD pitches in 50k, I'll toss 50, and that 100k and that should be enough. Thanks!
DWC
Here's the updated Truth.

Background
[ Spoiler ]

Stats
[ Spoiler ]
Shalimar
Thats 135k without me shaving off my Binding skill, so hopefully that would be enough.
bmcoomes
If he thinks that enough that fine.

Thanks,
Brent
Shalimar
Bellevue, Decker Residence, Basement. 7:21 AM, PST

Charlie let out a long slow breath, it was time to start. Over the past few months she had summoned a half dozen spirits to practice, all here in the unfinished section of the basement that she had converted into a magical workshop. This though was going to be something different, this wasn't going to just be summoning very weak spirits for practice, this time she was going to stretch herself and someone a spirit as powerful as she could.

"A big step. An important step considering I'm doing all of this on my own." the teen said to herself. She made another check that she had all of the supplies she would need, it was the 5th such check in as many minutes, an obvious if only internally so sign of her nervousness. Finally she nodded, all was in readyness.

Charlie discarded her robe, hanging it up on a hook and out of the way. She thought this first binding was a special occasion and Wiccans were generally very uh...uninhibited about religious occurances being observed sky clad, especially in the privacy of one's own home.

"Note to self: Self, turn the heater on in the basement the night before you sit on the cement floor buck ass naked." she commented, shivering lightly. The girl took up a lighter and lit a quartet of large fat candles, placing each in the chalk outline designated for it. The blue for water, red for fire, white for air, and lastly brown for earth. Once the four candles were lit and in place she took up a smaller brown candle. This candle she lit as well, focusing all of her concentration upon it.

Next the young mage began to speak, putting her hand to the locket that was dangling down between her breasts, cupping it in her hands and feeling its increasing warmth. "Earth, the bringer of life, symbol of strength of protection. I have need, please come to me, come to my call. Please grant me your strength."

[ Spoiler ]

Charlie feels the power of the spirit and struggles with it trying to entice it, but it seems that this spirit might be just out of her league at the moment. Sagging breifly for a moment after the struggle Charlie caught her breath.

"Just have to try harder." she said aloud, but it was a bit of a let down on the next steps toward becoming a great mage. "Ok, this time your mine great spirit." She settled in and once again focused her will on the candle to call forth the powerful spirit. This time there was a real response, the room filled with a musty odor and the Earth Elemental appeared, looking like a man with golden brown skin the size of troll as wide as it was tall.

[ Spoiler ]

"Yea, I'm bad!" she shouts, rising and dancing around. Today was a good day. The next thing to do was to try to bind a spirit, but she wouldn't dare try that with something as powerful as this was. She did like to jump right in, but even she wasn't quite nuts enough to bind a spirit this powerful without at least having practiced with something a lot smaller first, she hadn't even gotten the summoning right the first time and binding was supoused to be a lot harder. It would take a few months of practice learn to bind spirits, and she wasn't even sure she liked the ethical connotations of binding all that much at all.

Charlie blew out the candles and then beamed at the towering troll-sized spirit. "Today is going to be a busy day, I want to pick up a few things."
Coldhand Jake
Shalimar> As an eclectic urban primitive myself, that reminds me of alot of my Wiccan friends, though, they tend more towards the theatrical, invoking the Watchtowers of the four Directions...but all in all, if you're more chaote than Gardnerian, that was a fine, simple Neopagan ritual. It seems you already have a basic grasp on Wiccan concepts, but I'd happily offer RP advice if you like. Though, it makes me smile to see someone trying to add more real-world religious awareness to their magical storytelling in SR.

Okay, that does it, if Jake bites it, I'm bringing in a follower of The City. Chaos Magic tradition, with the Soul of the City as his mentor. I've been away from magical concepts for two editions now, and that scene entirely sparked a bunch of interest.
Fuchs
Edited the sheet to account for the changes for the vehicle, and added the Lined Coat DD bought in Seattle, as well as details about her apartment.
Oenone
Bah! I just realised I gave Etoile a set of Lock Picks without giving her the skill to use them.

Doh. Will shift a point from Escape Artist into Locksmithing. Background and personality info should follow shortly, would have written it up last night but I ended up going out for some after work drinks and sleeping on someones couch.
Shalimar
QUOTE (Coldhand Jake @ Sep 13 2008, 02:19 AM) *
Shalimar> As an eclectic urban primitive myself, that reminds me of alot of my Wiccan friends, though, they tend more towards the theatrical, invoking the Watchtowers of the four Directions...but all in all, if you're more chaote than Gardnerian, that was a fine, simple Neopagan ritual. It seems you already have a basic grasp on Wiccan concepts, but I'd happily offer RP advice if you like. Though, it makes me smile to see someone trying to add more real-world religious awareness to their magical storytelling in SR.

Okay, that does it, if Jake bites it, I'm bringing in a follower of The City. Chaos Magic tradition, with the Soul of the City as his mentor. I've been away from magical concepts for two editions now, and that scene entirely sparked a bunch of interest.

I was considering invoking the watch towers, but that would make it really long.

I've finalized Charlie and wont be making any more changes come hell or high water. I dropped her spell casting prodigy, dropped binding since it would probably be against her religion, and to reflect the fact that she hasn't done it at all yet. With those points I did a bit of a shuffle and bumped her power focus up to force 4, now hopefully I wont need to ever worry about upgrading it.

Now the only things to spend Karma on are Spells, and Initiating, and Summoning, and Binding, and spell defense, and that last skill point of Spell Casting, and negotiations, and... oh boy.
bmcoomes
Ok is everyone ready to run? I'm ready to kick this off.

Thanks,
Brent
Shalimar
I'm ready to go, and I have a nice force 5 Earth Elemental to back me up till sun down, which is why I'm betting we aren't doing anything until after dark biggrin.gif
Fuchs
I am ready. Just a few things I need cleared still:

So, we all met through Jake, and he's sort of the core of the team? DD probably would see him as a leader anyway.

Also, do we have a fixer in Seattle set, or can I just pick a name for DD's contact?
Tarantula
I'm good to go. Kinda drawing a bit of a blank on the background, but with the dayjob I was thinking he works as a parttime detective, and based in seattle.
Coldhand Jake
Ready to go. Fuchs, let's let the team flow. Part of the fun of any job is meeting the fixer and the Johnson involved. Jake's an experienced runner, and makes friends easy. No need to force positioning, he'll end up having his voice heard either way.
Divine Virus
I don't have the vehicles done yet, but can have them finished some time tonight. I am sorry to be holding everyone up. Fuchs and DWC, any ideas for how we might of met or how long our characters have known each other?
Shalimar
I have a fixer in Seattle, there isn't any loyalty there, but he is connected (3,1). He works out of a strip club in Redmond. His connectedness and loyalty arent all that great, but he might give us a shot if no one has someone better.
bmcoomes
Don't worry about the fixer to much I have an angle for that. In fact once we start if you haven't names your fixer you can use the one I'm going to give. The vehicles will be fine if you finsh them tonight or tomarow. Sounds like most of use are ready so I'll start the IC Thread.

Thanks,
Brent
Oenone
I just need to throw together the background and have some details for her contacts approved. Plus I'm still not entirely sure how to link Etoile in with everyone else but I guess this can be done ICly if nothing else. Edit- meeting people for the first time reduces the chances she'll have had to seriously offend anyone anyway.....

Oh and I decided to work out a Runner Companion lifestyle after reading CHJ's one. Posted below for GM approval.

[ Spoiler ]

And here are her contacts in a bit more detail.

[ Spoiler ]
Fuchs
QUOTE (Divine Virus @ Sep 13 2008, 07:28 PM) *
I don't have the vehicles done yet, but can have them finished some time tonight. I am sorry to be holding everyone up. Fuchs and DWC, any ideas for how we might of met or how long our characters have known each other?

Well, DD met Jake at his Club, and things probably rolled from there I'd say. I'd assume our characters don't know each other for that long, since we don't have much background info so far.

@Coldhand Jake

I was asking because I'd like to avoid getting pushed into roles, or assuming something wrong about a character.
crizh
I'm at work tonight and posting on my Nokia so I won't be able to make a huge contribution.

Still working on background but otherwise ready to go.

Strangely Alain was the name I was thinking of for my room-mate and mentor. He has to have learned Parkour and Savate from someone of French extraction....

bmcoomes
Oenone: It looks good run with it.

Fuchs: I'm not too worried about we all get toegther just fine.

Crizh: Not a problem, if it's fine do what you can, if not catch-up when you can. in other words your there with the team.

thanks,
Brent
Oenone
QUOTE (crizh @ Sep 13 2008, 07:47 PM) *
Strangely Alain was the name I was thinking of for my room-mate and mentor. He has to have learned Parkour and Savate from someone of French extraction....

Well, I don't mind them being one and the same if you don't? smile.gif

I hadn't really got any details in mind for him aside from the stuff above, it all depends on how much detail you've got worked out for your planned room-mate / mentor figure? If him owning a cafe and renting an (unofficial) room to runners is fitting then perhaps that gives us a suitable character link.
Divine Virus
I want to run a bit of my tradition by you, Brent.
Winston isn't very smart. He has an almost negligible understanding of physics. Which is fine because he tends to defy physics with his adept powers. Some of his explanations for what he does tends to defy physics as well. Now, he gets massive damage rating for his thrown stuff (w/power throw strength 15 for purpose of throwing stuff). Meaning I get 10P damage for your basic throwing knives, 8P or 9P (I need to double check) for improved thrown things. Which means that him throwing a pencil does as much damage as an assault rifle with ex-explosive rounds. So I want to have fun explanations, which don't exactly obey physics. For example, Winston is in a bar. He gets into a fight, the fight gets messy, and someone pulls a gun. He grabs peices of broken glass from the floor, and throws them. In flight, the glass grows red from friction with the air. By the time it strikes the person, it is a white hot and razor sharpHe would later explain that he just through it really, really hard so it would hit the air hard, without throwing it fast, 'cause he didn't want to make a sonic boom. Hitting the air so hard made it melt, and naturally the outside of the glass melted and rolled away from the edge, making the edge even narrower, and thus sharper. Now, event, and that explanation would drive anyone with a normal understand of physics crazy, of course, but Winston is a physAd, and he really doesn't know any better.
It is very cinematic, but not really... realistic. Any thoughts?
bmcoomes
Divine Virus: I'm fine with that, I'm not to worried about the realisum especialy with magic back on sence. So your good to run with it.

thanks,
Brent
Oenone
Starting cash for Etoile.

Low Lifestyle = 3d6 x 50.

Erm... Invisible Castle seems to be broken for me atm. I only get 'Error' as my dice result. Doh!

Suffice to say she should have at least 150 Nuyen... I'll update as soon as the stupid site actually works for me.

Edit

Starting Nuyen (3d6=17)

Giving a total of 850 starting Nuyen. biggrin.gif
Coldhand Jake
QUOTE (Divine Virus @ Sep 13 2008, 02:04 PM) *
I want to run a bit of my tradition by you, Brent.
Winston isn't very smart. He has an almost negligible understanding of physics. Which is fine because he tends to defy physics with his adept powers. Some of his explanations for what he does tends to defy physics as well. Now, he gets massive damage rating for his thrown stuff (w/power throw strength 15 for purpose of throwing stuff). Meaning I get 10P damage for your basic throwing knives, 8P or 9P (I need to double check) for improved thrown things. Which means that him throwing a pencil does as much damage as an assault rifle with ex-explosive rounds. So I want to have fun explanations, which don't exactly obey physics. For example, Winston is in a bar. He gets into a fight, the fight gets messy, and someone pulls a gun. He grabs peices of broken glass from the floor, and throws them. In flight, the glass grows red from friction with the air. By the time it strikes the person, it is a white hot and razor sharpHe would later explain that he just through it really, really hard so it would hit the air hard, without throwing it fast, 'cause he didn't want to make a sonic boom. Hitting the air so hard made it melt, and naturally the outside of the glass melted and rolled away from the edge, making the edge even narrower, and thus sharper. Now, event, and that explanation would drive anyone with a normal understand of physics crazy, of course, but Winston is a physAd, and he really doesn't know any better.
It is very cinematic, but not really... realistic. Any thoughts?

Two words. "Marvel's Bullseye."
bmcoomes
I was thinking the samething Jake.

Brent
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012