Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Phoenix Rising
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29
Fuchs
Just to be clear: We've got user access, which is sufficinet to copy and edit the data we need?
bmcoomes
QUOTE (Fuchs @ Sep 30 2008, 03:44 PM) *
Just to be clear: We've got user access, which is sufficinet to copy and edit the data we need?

Yes, sorry I forgot to add on the IC Thread that with your perception roll you need a passkey for this node. I'll edit that in.

Brent
Fuchs
So, we need a passkey (meaning, need to break in) to continue from this node. Any mods for making the test from jake or agent backup?

I also assume we want the general's office for the data, with security containing the security node.
Oenone
Does DD know what kind of passkey it is? Because if it's a physical object I suspect the target might well have one on her. frown.gif

Skim reading that section of Unwired it looks like you can still hack the system without one, but it's just vastly more obvious that someone is in who shouldn't be there. Basically you need to hack in, then keep editing the access logs so they don't show up as a user being in without a key. Could be viable with Jake & DD to handle it, one to edit all the logs and the other to do the data steal.
Fuchs
Yeah. I don't really see a way to get the passkey from the target to us, not before we get made. So, it's break-in time.
bmcoomes
Yes the passkey is a physical object, it does into one of the jack ports of a commlink. Right you needed one for this node, You'll have to get into the other nodes to see if you need one there or not. basically the "generals office" is the admin node and "security" being the security node. Like Oenone said you can continue but the logs need editing or when the next access log update happens they know someone is in shouldn't be.

Brent
Oenone
Break in storm the gates style? Or digital smash and grab style?
Fuchs
Going for a sneak past and edit the logs approach, might turn into smash and grab if detected. Any mods for jake or an agent on my back?
DWC
I'd imagine digital, though having the Agent just sit there constantly editing the access log to cover your tracks would go a long way to keeping things quiet.
Oenone
Leaving the agent running edit would indeed be the most efficient method. Plus if an alert gets triggered by the log edits the system will hit it rather than DD or Jake, giving them time to finish hacking or disconnect.
bmcoomes
QUOTE (Fuchs @ Sep 30 2008, 04:09 PM) *
Going for a sneak past and edit the logs approach, might turn into smash and grab if detected. Any mods for jake or an agent on my back?

Yes still the +2 to dice pool.
That is a good idea with the agent.

Brent
Fuchs
10 hits on first try, with one edge spent.

(Editing the 2 more dice in, sec, one more hit on reroll)
Fuchs
(getting a bit late here, so might need to have Jake swap roles with DD if he can post later.)
bmcoomes
sure thing, because you guys have access to the doctors RFID you can spoof/edit the logs easy enough.

Brent
Fuchs
Was the edge needed or not?

and here's the perception test:

[ Spoiler ]
bmcoomes
Yes, it was.
Fuchs
Ok, so we're in this node, which seems to contain the files we are after (blueprints and production info). What do we need the linked passkey for, since we seem to have broken into the node?
bmcoomes
Well, right. it'd by you time if you ended up needing it. And for the most part you guys can spoof it with all the stuff trained on the doctor.

Brent
Fuchs
So, data search (browse program) to find the files, then transfer data (edit program), then we get the heck out of dodge?
bmcoomes
Yup and add an Opposed perception test with you using Hacking + Stealth.
Shalimar
Should I be hoping we pull this off or not nyahnyah.gif

I want stuff to go boom to lick.gif . Maybe on the way out or something.
Fuchs
Posted. I added multiple rolls for the browse check, since I didn't know the number of hits needed.
Shalimar
QUOTE (Fuchs @ Oct 1 2008, 10:32 AM) *
Posted. I added multiple rolls for the browse check, since I didn't know the number of hits needed.

I think you forgot to add Jakes help on the rolls, its +2 dice I think.
Fuchs
I am not sure those help in this case - Jake might be watching the ICs more than helping to browse.

But if they do, here are the rolls:
[ Spoiler ]
Little Johnson
any reaction from the meat guards when they trigger the IC?

Tom is going to start aiming at the guard manning the heavy gun. swapping 1 of the duel clips for ex-ex rounds he has the selector set to subsonic rounds.

idea is to hopefully drop one guy befor the otheres know they are being fired on. if thier armor is too good he will thumb the ex rounds since stealth is blown anyway.

still holding his action till it all hits the fan.
Shalimar
Well, even if they get the warning right away, they wont know where we are while we already have them in our sights. If Jake and DD give a go word we can all unload on the guards right away.
Fuchs
I think we should focus on getting away now. They just know someone is in their system, not that there are physical intruders.

And someone should jack out DD once she starts spasming and losing blood through ears and eyes.
Shalimar
QUOTE (Fuchs @ Oct 1 2008, 11:56 AM) *
I think we should focus on getting away now. They just know someone is in their system, not that there are physical intruders.

And someone should jack out DD once she starts spasming and losing blood through ears and eyes.

Party pooper nyahnyah.gif

Very Smart, but still a party pooper nyahnyah.gif
Fuchs
I somehow doubt DD makes it either way - three ICs go before her, and I got no edge left to spend on going before them, and jacking out.

So, going full defense, and hoping they score no hits, then jacking out.
crizh
QUOTE (Fuchs @ Oct 1 2008, 04:56 PM) *

How do you unplug an implanted comm-link?....
Shalimar
QUOTE (Fuchs @ Oct 1 2008, 12:00 PM) *
I somehow doubt DD makes it either way - three ICs go before her, and I got no edge left to spend on going before them, and jacking out.

So, going full defense, and hoping they score no hits, then jacking out.

She can still survive by burning an a point of edge. I'd burn the edge for the initiative roll to just get out rather than spending the edge to survive after you get ganged by the IC. Assuming we get 6 Karma from the run your Edge will go back up to 2 for free using Brent's edge house rules, and if not you'd still have 1 edge, equal to the metas on the team. You also wont have to deal with all the possible damage to yourself and your implanted commlink.
Shalimar
If DD burns an Edge, and Jake spends a point of edge you should be able to get out of there before the 3 IC tear you apart.
DWC
QUOTE (crizh @ Oct 1 2008, 12:11 PM) *
How do you unplug an implanted comm-link?....

By disconnecting her from the satellite link that she's running through. All three hackers are hardwired into separate satellite links, working through low orbit satellites.
Fuchs
DD got a datajack too, and Jake handed her a fiberoptical cable.

As far as burning edge goes, I will reread that section once home (on phone atm). generally not really fond of it.
crizh
I'm just joshing.

If the faeces hits the rotating blades I'll just pull the cable from the tap.
DWC
I stand corrected. Jake and DD are sharing a satellite link, and Truth is using his own.
Shalimar
The problem is that the shit will hit the fan before we even know about it since the three IC get their turns before DD can even say a single thing, and how quickly can those of us outside the matrix react?

As far as burning edge, it either gives you an automatic critical success, or it lets you survive certain death (with no promise as to how bad it will be). I wouldn't really consider it unless it was life or Death, but Brent's rules are pretty good for it though, free point of edge at Karma 10, Karma 30, Karma 70, etc.

crizh
I'm assuming that DD isn't an idiot and is maintaining comms with the rest of us. If her bio-monitor isn't subscribed to the TacNet it ought to be.

She already exclaimed 'out loud' over the comms channel. Unless Fuchs is using orange for thoughts, it's hard to tell, nobody seems to be using the same colour scheme.
bmcoomes
Her Biomointor is subscribed so if that goes off everyone will know. Plus with the TacNet everyone have updates on whats going on in the VR realm. The picture in picture and all.

Brent
Fuchs
I use those rules:

QUOTE (bmcoomes @ Sep 11 2008, 03:59 AM) *