Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Daughter of Deep Silence
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33
Notsoevildm
QUOTE (BishopMcQ @ Jul 4 2013, 06:55 PM) *
How awesome is Eklipse at sneaking? With all your adept stuff, ruthenium, etc, do you think you could sneak into the house (or around it) and place grenades in the windows or by each doorway? Then we trigger them wirelessly for the big badaboom when the eventual alarm is raised from our massacring the folks in the barn and paddock...

Flash-bangs, white phosphorous, or high explosive would all be fun. We just need to time it so the team all has their back to the house for the silhouette moment.
He's only got 10 dice in infiltration (as I don't think this counts as Urban). His adept powers are mainly in melee combat. He does have silent walk (-4 I think to hear him) and the Ruthenium give -6 to be spotted so he is tough to detect but no wraith. I was thinking of starting out by the paddock (assuming it is the most remote location) and picking off gangers one by one whenever they were away from the main group (to pee, make out, etc).
BishopMcQ
-6 for ruthenium, another -2 for being distracted... That would put your 10 dice against 2 dice, presuming they were astute gangers for a 10 die pool for Perception. Pretty good odds if you were interested.

Hmmm...will have to check if I bought a ruthenium suit for Rikik.
BishopMcQ
So, are people on board with the sneak in grenades plan? If so, does anyone have grenades that Rikik could place? I've got a chameleon suit, the concealment (in case its better) and a bunch of drunk gangers...
UmaroVI
Concealment would be -7 (opinions vary as to whether it stacks with Ruthenium or not - I can't remember what Buddha ruled on this). Fat Man does not have grenades, but is onboard with the plan in principle.

The opening gambit Fat Man would suggest is him and the Guardian shen opening up with Soundwave and Suppressive Fire respectively. Having grenades ready for when people start coming out of the house would work well with that.
Notsoevildm
Eklipse has 5 flashbangs and 5 thermal smoke but nothing big bang boomy. Mainly because his throwing skill sucks!

Eklipse is totally onboard with Fat Man's approach and will be content (initially) to pick off anyone trying to attack Fat Man by shooting them in the back with his silenced gun.
Fenris
Eklipse can call it, as far as Fleet's concerned. Part of my thought would be to have people stationed each of the three areas to make maximum use of the drunk/unconscious ratios for the first few rounds, but I recognize that also leaves one or two people facing several gangers each.

Perception - Perception 4 + Intuition 3 + Vision Enhancement 3 (10d6.hits(5)=6)

@Bishop - I thought Ruthenium was a -4?

@Buddha - Tagging all the gangers my Stormcloud can currently see as enemy combatants for later scripts biggrin.gif
BishopMcQ
Fenris--Mine's a -4, but NotSoEvil said he had a -6. I wasn't sure if he had something out of WAR! or such. Either way, the -7 from the spirit is going to trump the chameleon suit or ruthenium.
Buddha72
Notsoevildm can I get a visual Perception roll please? I think you missed me asking for it.
Notsoevildm
QUOTE (Buddha72 @ Jul 6 2013, 08:47 AM) *
Notsoevildm can I get a visual Perception roll please? I think you missed me asking for it.

Sorry Buddha, missed it.

Int 4 + Per 4 + Enh.Per 2 + audio/visual enh. 3 + hearing spec. 2 + keen hearing 1 = 16d6.hits(5)=7 - 7 to hear it, but only 4 to see it
BishopMcQ
Team check--are we killing everyone or letting the "camp followers" go?
UmaroVI
Fat Man would go with collateral damage is OK, execution of random hangers-on isn't.
BishopMcQ
Well, it's going to send one of three possible messages:

--Cold and brutal killer (Massacre the gang and leave the girlfriends/boyfriends unharmed)
--Efficient psychopath (Massacre the gang and kill anyone who raises their hand against us)
--Psychotic sociopath (Massacre the gang and anyone close to them)

Personally, this team is so far past the line with the Yakuza, that I think Option 3 is going to be the best one. Put out the message saying "Anyone who comes looking for us will be killed along with their loved ones and anyone close to them. Leave us alone and you and yours can keep breathing."

The louder, harder, and more brutally that we hit these guys, the more likely the others are to say we aren't worth dying over.

If we go with option 1, then it needs to be made clear to the others that if they join up with the Yakuza for revenge, their lives are forfeit.

-------------
Totally separate idea, that I don't think we have the time for: Neurostun the compound, tranq everyone, etc. Then single bullet to the head of each ganger and remove the right hand. Let everyone slowly come to. Have them wake up next to their very dead lovers, and stumble through the house hung over from the drugs to see one gruesome scene after another...

A glowing ARO floats on the front door. "We remember..." and an attached file with the list of names from the Yakuza Purges.
BishopMcQ
Alright, so I know it's last minute, but I REALLY want to see if I can make my vision a reality...If it's too late to get this in before the bump, I understand.

With the free time, call Aideen. 10 Gas Grenades with NeuroStun would normally be 800 nuyen.gif, Rikik will offer up to 2,500 nuyen.gif if she can have them to him in time for the job.

Talk with Widget to see if she has a Palming Skillsoft, otherwise he will need to track it down. Emulate and learn.

Then do the sneaking and place the grenades to detonate remotely.

And some skill rolls to back stuff up in case I actually succeed:
Negotiations 6 + Charisma 7 + Street Cred 7
20d6.hits(5)=6

Sneaking to Paddock, Barn and House (Using order listed before from Buddha)
8d6.hits(5)=1,
8d6.hits(5)=3,
8d6.hits(5)=2

Let's Edge the Paddock since it's the first place I'm going and I really don't want to get shot. 7d6.hits(5)=1, for a total of 2 hits...

Hopefully, the fact that they are at -9 dice (-7 Concealment and -2 Distracted) plus any penalties for drunkenness will play to my favor.

Plan is to sneak to open windows or doorways and use Palming to plant the grenades.

Palming to hide the grenades (again Paddock, Barn, House):
8d6.hits(5)=5,
8d6.hits(5)=4,
8d6.hits(5)=4

Damn...where were those rolls when I was sneaking?

Computer 5 + Software 5 to design the ARO.
10d6.hits(5)=5, 10d6.hits(5)=3, 10d6.hits(5)=2 Oops, forgot to set it back to one roll. Using the first test...
Buddha72
Happy Monday all!

I saw the rolls and I will post the results either tonight or tomorrow morning. Today is travel back home so bouncing around airports. Consider this a pre-green light to get your hands on the grenades and I will need to do some rolling when I get home but you have great odds of being unseen. Thanks to all for keeping the thread moving while I was out of town this week. I'll be throwing up the perception results IC right now.

1st post updated as usual. smile.gif
Fenris
Let's do an actual quick poll just to get things in line with everyone before we start killing, and let's agree to go along with whatever the majority decides, since we didn't take the time to RP it out ahead of time. This can always be adjusted later.

Do we go with option...

1. Cold and brutal killer (Massacre the gang and leave the girlfriends/boyfriends unharmed)
2. Efficient psychopath (Massacre the gang and kill anyone who raises their hand against us)
3. Psychotic sociopath (Massacre the gang and anyone close to them)

Given the specific situation, Fleet would vote for #1 - it limits the possibility of new vendettas/angry families/etc beyond the ones we're already dealing with. But to be clear, that's specifically in this situation because we have the drop on them. In anything less than a total control scenario, Fleet's going #3.

(Thanks BishopMcQ for summarizing it so succinctly.)
BishopMcQ
If the grenades and sneaking work, I like #1 as well. #3 is the fall back.
Emilio
Emilio's perception looking at Fat Man's spirit: 10d6.hits(5)=5

My vote is plan 2, with the only difference I see between it and plan 1 is that if a boy/girl friend is awake and fights, they made themselves Yaks.

Agreed, if things tank, we go plan 3.

If you can swing the Neurostun, that'd be cool.

And for when things go bad/boom, Emilio's Alpha has a loaded grenade launcher w/ HE. We need boom, we get boom. He doesn't have the MERCI (sp?) system, but he can still load things up. We want da boom, we get da boom.

I'll pass on suggesting using the explosives as it's then hard to get a hand...
Notsoevildm
Eklipse is leaning toward 2 or 3. Yaks kidnapped/brainwashed/murdered his girlfriend. Plus they are all members of a criminal organisation. Plus we need the hands for payment. He might hesitate if a female goes 'please dont kill me' but otherwise they are all dead.
UmaroVI
Fat Man would be going for somewhere between 1 and 2 (he's not going to go out of his way to kill gang affiliates), the spirit is probably going to effectively go for 2 via semi-discriminate machine gunning.
Fenris
Looks like we're looking to JxJxA to break a fairly even split between choices #1 and #2?
Buddha72
Ok all got my dice and papers finally!

BishopMcQ The grenades are doable and in your hands for deployment and since you sent a free skillsoft, Widget is more than willing to share her Palming one she used to emulate a Complex Form. What concentration do you want for the time to become inert (1-10 mins window)?

Post up - anything else? If not please roll me Initiative with +6 dice pool modifier please. I want to clarify that I have a drone at each location and Eklipse at the paddock area? Where will everyone else be when the ambush is sprung?

Notsoevildm do you have a way to deal with the gas grenade or do you need to move back out of range?
UmaroVI
Fat Man will be at the Paddock. His Shen will be approaching the barn from whichever side offers the best visibility inside.
BishopMcQ
Probably inert in 1 min. That should be enough time for the gas to take effect, snipers to pick off the people who are still standing, and then we move in.

If the team is in the clear, I'd like to trigger them before initiative starts. Rikik will be in the van like a good hacker should be.

05 05 05 04 04 03 03 03 02 01 01 01 01 01
#D:14 TN:5 H#:5 S:3

14 + 3 Hits (17)
Fenris
03 02 04 01 04 01 06 06 06 05 02 01 03 06 01
#D:16 TN:5 S:5

9 + 5 hits (14)
Emilio
I will edit Emilio's vote in face of neurstun. I go with plan 1 assuming things don't tank. I am intrigued by the art of a successful plan 1.

10 (Initiative) + 6 = 16d6 gave 6 hits, seen by Fleet IRL for an initiative of 10 + 6 + 6 = 22

Emilio will be by the Barn with the Alpha on its sling loaded with Gel and the Aries Predator with silencer with regular ammo. My thought is chances are most things aren't going to survive the 1-2 punch of beer + gas. Gel will overflow anything left. If it doesn't, I have HE grenades primed and have clips of normal ammo in pockets. I also am assuming that the grenade layout will have covered the people. I think it will, but I just want to have said that.
Notsoevildm
QUOTE (Buddha72 @ Jul 10 2013, 12:44 AM) *
Post up - anything else? If not please roll me Initiative with +6 dice pool modifier please. I want to clarify that I have a drone at each location and Eklipse at the paddock area? Where will everyone else be when the ambush is sprung?

Notsoevildm do you have a way to deal with the gas grenade or do you need to move back out of range?
Eklipse made his thrill seeker roll - 6d6.hits(5)=2, so he will be close to the paddock but hopefully out of range of the gas (ideally still within short range for SMG). He does have a R6 respirator built into his helmet but isn't taking any chances.

Initiative 9 + surprise 6 = 15d6.hits(5)=7 = 16, 2 passes

SMG is loaded with regular ammo.

UmaroVI
Fat Man's armor has a chemical seal (which he'll turn on before we go in). We may want to start the fight prior to detonating the grenades so that the people inside run into them.
Buddha72
My understanding was that all the areas have grenades hidden throughout them so that occupants are being gassed when they go off?
BishopMcQ
Yeah, that was my hope. Gas everyone, let them fall down, then sweep in and execute.
Buddha72
Does anyone have any knowledge skills about toxins or neuro-stun? If so, please roll for me. I would take any sort of security skill like corp or tactics or responses.
Notsoevildm
Eklipse: Log 3 + Security procedures 4 = 7d6.hits(5)=1 - Best I can offer!
Buddha72
Notsoevildm That's all I needed! So you will know neurostun has contact and inhalation vectors so gas masks would not protect against exposure or respirators since the contact vector is still available.

UmaroVI I wanted to check on the chemical seal - is that on the SWAT armor? Chemical seal can be added to Full Body Armor (SR pg 326) and a few other items (Riot Control Amor and Military Grade Armor). The SWAT helmet includes a gas mask.
UmaroVI
Buddha: I had it on the SWAT armor, but I doublechecked and yeah, it can't go on. I think I got it mixed up with Riot Control Armor. I'll remove that, whoops. Sorry about that.

Re: the grenades, I was thinking of people inside the house who might not be in range of the grenades (depends on the layout and where Rikik managed to palm the grenades). Detonating them as the opening move might also work - we'll just have to be ready to go inside and take out possible holdouts. I'm fine either way.

UmaroVI
Also: Initiative 11 + 6 = 17d6, 5 hits http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4129285/ so 16, 3 passes.
Buddha72
Happy Post Pride! Had a great weekend and feeling good.

I updated the 1st post as usual. I did initiative a little wonky - normally you do the Surprise Test then an Initiative Test but I sort of smooshed them together to cut down on the rolls.

JxJxA I need an Initiative roll please with a +6 dice modifier for the ambush and don't forget to put how many passes you have.

If I don't get a roll by tomorrow I'm going to go ahead and push forward with the ambush to keep things moving.

Eklipse (7) 16/2 IP
Emilio (6) 22/3 IP
Fat Man (5) 16/3 IP
Fleet (5) 14/3 IP
Rikik (3) 17/4 IP (Matrix)

Zero ?
JxJxA
Oops, missed the call for initiative.

Init Roll: 18 Init / 3 IP
Rea(3) + Int(3) + Imp Ref(2) + Ambush(6) = 14d6 for 4 hits.

Spirit's Init Roll: 31 Init / 2 IP
2xForce+3(17) + Ambush(6) = 23 for 8 hits.
UmaroVI
Oh whoops, I also forgot to roll for the Shen. It has Initiative 17 (Int 7 + Rea 10) and then +6 surprise: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4132097/ so Initiative 26, 2 passes (9 hits)
Buddha72
Ok all the 1st Pass is up - P = Paddock, H = House, and B = Barn for the people still conscious after gas is released. About 10 Combat Turns will have passed before people react to what has happened so there will be 10 more Combat Turns of gas hanging in the area around each location. Going into the Barn or House will expose you to the gas while going into melee range with anyone in the Paddock area will trigger exposure. The number after your name is the number of hits for the 1st Pass - you can only affect people with an equal or lower number of hits than you during this 1st Pass.

Initiative Order - 1st Pass/Combat Turn 11
Spirit (cool.gif 31/2 IP
Shen (9) 26/2 IP
Emilio (6) 22/3 IP
Zero (4) 18/3 IP
H2 (4) 17/4 IP
Eklipse (7) 16/2 IP
Fat Man (5) 16/3 IP
Fleet (5) 14/3 IP
B1 (3) 13/3 IP
P1 (2) 12/2 IP
P2 (1) 11/1 IP
B2 (2) 10/2 IP
H1 (1) 9/1 IP

The Spirit is up!
JxJxA
Oops, I might have flubbed up. Do the surprise dice get added to initiative? x_x
Buddha72
We're just going to roll with it for now and keep things moving.
JxJxA
The spirit will ready an action to use confusion on the first awake enemy he sees.
Buddha72
In SR it would be a Delay Action so it will go just before it sees a bad guy taking an action.

Spirit (cool.gif 31/2 IP
Shen (9) 26/2 IP <<<
Emilio (6) 22/3 IP
Zero (4) 18/3 IP
H2 (4) 17/4 IP
Eklipse (7) 16/2 IP
Fat Man (5) 16/3 IP
Fleet (5) 14/3 IP
B1 (3) 13/3 IP
P1 (2) 12/2 IP
P2 (1) 11/1 IP
B2 (2) 10/2 IP
H1 (1) 9/1 IP

The Shen is up!
JxJxA
Thanks. Sorry, all the systems kind of blend together for me sometimes. x_x
UmaroVI
The Shen is also going to delay until it sees someone trying to act, then is going to shoot them.
BishopMcQ
And by someone, you mean a ganger right?
UmaroVI
Yes.
Buddha72
Spirit (cool.gif 31/2 IP Delaying
Shen (9) 26/2 IP Delaying
Emilio (6) 22/3 IP <<<
Zero (4) 18/3 IP
H2 (4) 17/4 IP
Eklipse (7) 16/2 IP
Fat Man (5) 16/3 IP
Fleet (5) 14/3 IP
B1 (3) 13/3 IP
P1 (2) 12/2 IP
P2 (1) 11/1 IP
B2 (2) 10/2 IP
H1 (1) 9/1 IP

Emilio is up!
Emilio
Emilio moves to the opening of the barn but does not move in.

Quickdraw test to pull out the silenced Predator IV: Reaction (7) + Firearms (5) = 12d6 = 12d6.hits(5)=5

Shot at B1: Agility (7) + Firearms (5) + Smartgun (2) = 14d6 = 14d6.hits(5)=8

Shot at B2: Agility (7) + Firearms (5) + Smartgun (2) - 2 for changing targets 12d6 = 12d6.hits(5)=4

Oops. Forgot the moving penalty of -1. B1 that shaves off a 1, B2 that shaves off a 2 for no net change. Woot!
UmaroVI
Did you mean Agility rather than Reaction on those?
Emilio
Already edited.

I forgot to note that the weapon is 5P with AP -1.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012