Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Daughter of Deep Silence
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33
Buddha72
UmaroVI you know the spell is a Manipulation spell and you have the astral signature of whoever cast the spell. So I checked the van and followed with BishopMcQ about the airbags (Arsenal page 103) so you will take no damage from the crash but you will be pinned (cannot take any actions required physical movement) for a Combat Turn and obstructs your line of sight.

BishopMcQ the van needs to soak 17 boxes of damage please. Correct you made the test - I will post the results when your action comes up but you're good though the barrier may or may not be there when that comes around depending on how many other vehicles crash into.

JxJxA your spirit is being targeted by a Slaughter Spirit spell - go ahead and roll Spell Defense and there are 6 hits incoming.

Surprise Order
Lazarro 8
Benito 7
Paolo 7
Fleet 6
Ignacio 6
Gitano 6
Cecilio 6
Rikik 5
Rocco 5
Adolfo 5
Emilio 4
Fat Man 4
Edmondo 4
Silvio 4
Isaias 3
Zero 1

Initiative: 1st Pass/Combat Turn 1
Isaias 22/2
Ignacio 16/3
Gitano 15/4 Delaying
Fat Man 15/3 Pinned/Line of Sight Obstructed
Adolfo 15/3
Fleet 14/3 <<<
Ceclio 14/3
Benito 13/4
Rocco 12/4
Emilio 11/3
Lazzaro 11/3
Rikik 10/2
Edmondo 10/4
Paolo 9/3
Zero 9/3

Remember characters are considered surprised by any other characters who scored more hits than they did on the surprise test. Characters who are surprised cannot take any actions that directly affect, impede, or counteract characters that have surprised them.

Fleet is up!
UmaroVI
It's not going to be his first action, but as Fat Man can at least see the airbag - is simply destroying it (such as with Powerbolt) an option? I assume he would need to actually spend a Combat Turn's worth of actions to struggle free normally (I know he can't do anything now - just thinking ahead).
BishopMcQ
For the imminent Crash...

Body 17 + Armor 3 (1/2 * 6) (20d6.hits(5)=8 )

So the van takes 9 boxes, -3 to Pilot checks. (it's not driving itself anywhere...)

Umaro--First you crashed my van, now you're powerbolting it?!?! eek.gif
BishopMcQ
Are any of our mages the astral combat type? There sounds from the description like there are more than a few Sustained spells, some Foci, etc if the bad guys aren't dual natured themselves. With the Barrier providing the sudden stop anyways, folks don't need to worry about piloting their vehicles.

Buddha--I'm afraid to ask, but it's only fair. Did the bikes in the van need to soak damage or are they protected by airbags too?
Buddha72
BishopMcQ most vans today have the side curtain air bag systems so I am going to go with that since Rikik left the van pretty standard in the way of mods but thanks for asking - I appreciate the integrity on the part of players. smile.gif
UmaroVI
Bishop: Fat Man is not that great at Astral Combat and he's actually more vulnerable against astral enemies, but if he can get the airbag out of his face, Mana Static will probably help against the magical opposition. For now I think his best move is going to be using some Edge to call up the biggest spirit he can manage, hopefully it can hold down the fort astrally.
Fenris
Okay, so as much as I hate losing actions, I feel like it's pretty chaotic right now.

Simple Action - Perceive in detail, looking to identify threats: Intuition(3) + Perception(4) + Synch(1) + Vision Enh(3) (11d6.hits(5)=3)
Simple Action - Transmit data

I basically want to give everyone a quick overhead that pings the threats as red dots, nothing complicated.

Buddha - I don't want to assume too much from flavor text, but is it clear to me that it's military grade gear? Or do I need to make a knowledge roll about that?
If I do need to make a roll, here's weapon tech (I assume it will cover armor at a higher threshold?) - Weapon Tech(4) + Logic(7) + PuSHeD(1) (12d6.hits(5)=4)

I'm using the Gearhead to add to the vehicle's handling for the scene.

Pilot check to avoid crashing - Pilot(Groundcraft)(4) + Reaction(6) + Handling(1) + Gearhead(1) + AR(1) (13d6.hits(5)=3)
And to follow up on Bishop's question, do the drones need to make a damage resistance test as well?

Edit - I saw the update that came in after I started typing, so thankfully not smile.gif

Buddha72
UmaroVI sorry I missed your question earlier about the air bag. You for sure can attack the airbag since it's covering your head at the moment. smile.gif

JxJxA you there amigo?
JxJxA
Ack, yes, sorry. I'm here. Need me to do anything? I'd reply to Fleet, but given all the craziness Zero is dealing with (a bike about to crash, Latin phrases making strange sense, mages who look like priests banishing my spirit) I'm not sure if I can. x_x
UmaroVI
The resist roll and Counterspelling for the Slaughter Spirit.
JxJxA
Oops, I completely missed that. x_x

I don't know if I can use my mentor's specialty in the spell defense test (+2 for combat spells), but I'll roll them together and knock off the last two if it doesn't count. I don't want to slow things down anymore than I already have.

Zero-Spell Defense:
Counter(3) [+ Mentor(2)] = 5d6 for 1 hit (or 3d6 for 1 hit if mentor doesn't count).

Isaias-Slaughter Spirit Spell:
Will(7) = 7d6 for 1 hit.

It's not much, but it's something... Not sure if the spirit would use edge to protect itself, but I'll leave that to the GM to decide. ^_^
Buddha72
Heads up - sick at present so posting will be delayed until I can keep something down. frown.gif
BishopMcQ
Buddha--Hope you're feeling better. As a question, which of the bad guys are inside the magic dome with us? Any?

JxJxA -- The spirit is about to take a thrashing. Is he using any powers on us at the moment? Concealment etc or were those just for the attack on the Ranch?

Emilio -- You're on deck after Fleet's results and the bad guys.

Team -- The van is crippled and can't drive unless one of the skilled drivers gets behind the wheel. Are we going to play out the OK Corral, try to parlay, or try to break free and run for the hills as fast as we can? We still have all of our cash prizes, just very little of the loot, if we decide to abandon the van on the street and flee. I'd say to let the first round play out, but we should have a point where we cut our losses and run.

Preferably before all of the grenades we just stole from the gangers explode in the back of the van...
UmaroVI
We can't really run from spirits - I think we may be stuck fighting.
BishopMcQ
They don't have any spirits out yet do they? Our mages can pull bound spirits from Standby as fast as the bad guys can. Same for fresh summoning. If we can break LOS, we can avoid the massive barriers and blasting spells that they are launching.

Ambushes and traps are great, but they generally end badly for the side caught in the trap. I, for one, would rather run away and set a trap for them when they follow us. That seems to have worked better for our group's skill sets in the past.
Buddha72
Update all - still here but the being sick segment was followed by a major plumbing issue (think jack hammers, no water and bathrooms being flooded with backwash from the sewer) which I am wrapping up. I will try to post by the weekend but it might be Monday at the latest.
JxJxA
No worries. Someone who knows the rules much better than I do said that spirits will often use edge to protect themselves according to Street Magic p.95, but it's at the GM's discretion. Maybe it'll use it to protect itself?

I don't think Isaias is using any powers on us right now because I didn't declare any before we set off. Everything else was meant for the ranch. I'll defer to Buddha to decide if the concealment power would carry over to now.
Fenris
Running away is something we're fairly experienced with smile.gif

And I agree with Bishop, for the record. Fleet's commands are with the assumption that no ones going anywhere until the barrier goes down, and then we'll may have to evac some people via the van instead of on bikes, based on damage and relevant skill levels.
BishopMcQ
Fenris--the van has 9 boxes of damage. Good news, it has a damage track of 17, plus 17 overflow. Bad news, it's -3 to piloting and a -1 handling, so I think Fleet is the only qualified one to get it moving and have a chance to stay moving in combat.
Buddha72
Happy Post Thanksgiving!!

Sorry for the huge delay in moving things forward but let's see if I can get things chugging along again. Side note - it looks like Invisible Castle is gone for some reason so post rolls manually for now so we can keep moving forward. If anyone has any suggestions for an alternate site please feel free to post it.

BishopMcQ so far one hostile outside the dome.

JxJxA the spirit will spend Edge in the hopes of serving His will longer in this reality.

Willpower (Edge Reroll)
4 - 5 - 2 - 5 - 6 - 4 (2 hits/4 total)

Isaias will take 9 boxes of damage.

Emilio I need you to soak 14 with Impact armor - if you take a number of boxes of damage (Stun or Physical) from a single attack that equal or exceed his Body, then the attack automatically knocks him down. Characters who take 10 or more boxes of damage in a single attack are always knocked down.

Surprise Order
Lazarro 8
Benito 7
Paolo 7
Fleet 6
Ignacio 6
Gitano 6
Cecilio 6
Rikik 5
Rocco 5
Adolfo 5
Emilio 4
Fat Man 4
Edmondo 4
Silvio 4
Isaias 3
Zero 1

Isaias 22/2
Ignacio 16/3
Gitano 15/4 Delaying
Adolfo 15/3
Fleet 14/3
Ceclio 14/3
Benito 13/4
Rocco 12/4 Delaying
Emilio 11/3 <<<
Lazzaro 11/3
Rikik 10/2
Edmondo 10/4
Paolo 9/3
Zero 9/3

Remember characters are considered surprised by any other characters who scored more hits than they did on the surprise test. Characters who are surprised cannot take any actions that directly affect, impede, or counteract characters that have surprised them.

Emilio is up!
Emilio
Soak:

Body (5) + Impact (10) = 15d6. I got 8 hits and 2 1's.

Let's edge that: [5, 4, 4, 1, 6, 1, 5] for 3 more hits, total 11.

Emilio takes 2 boxes of stun after the trauma dampener eats one.

Pilot check:

Pilot ground craft (2) + Reaction (7) + Handling (+1) = 10d6 = [1, 1, 2, 1, 5, 1, 6, 2, 4, 1] = 2 hits

I checked, and edge refreshed. Let's edge that. Re-rolling 8d6 = [5, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6] = 3 hits

Total of 5 hits.

Emilio will perceive in detail, attempt to quickdraw his pistol, and if successful, shoot the barrier.

Perception: Perception (3) + Intuition (3) + Vision Enhancement (3) = 9d6 = [1, 5, 6, 1, 6, 5, 4, 5, 6] = 6 hits

Quickdraw Action: Pistols [Firearms Group] (5) + Reaction (7) = 12d6 = [6, 4, 4, 2, 3, 5, 5, 4, 4, 1, 1, 3] = 3

Emilio got the Aries Predator IV out. Now to shoot the barrier:

Agility (7) + Firearms (5) + Smartgun (2) - Attacker in Melee (3) = 11d6 = [3, 5, 5, 2, 3, 3, 1, 2, 6, 4, 5] = 4 hits

The weapon is 5P with AP -1.
Buddha72
Hello All!

Updated karma for the weekly drip and I will be posting tomorrow or late tonight to bump the thread along.
Buddha72
Sorry yesterday got away from me - had to teach a class that I had never done before and only had the day to prep for it.

Barrier
11d6.hits(5)=6

Took 3 more boxes of damage

Surprise Order
Lazarro 8
Benito 7
Paolo 7
Fleet 6
Ignacio 6
Gitano 6
Cecilio 6
Rikik 5
Rocco 5
Adolfo 5
Emilio 4
Fat Man 4
Edmondo 4
Silvio 4
Isaias 3
Zero 1

Isaias 22/2
Ignacio 16/3
Gitano 15/4 Delaying
Adolfo 15/3
Fleet 14/3
Ceclio 14/3
Benito 13/4
Rocco 12/4 Delaying
Emilio 11/3
Lazzaro 11/3 Delaying
Rikik 10/2 <<<
Edmondo 10/4
Paolo 9/3
Zero 9/3

Rikik is up!
BishopMcQ
QUOTE (Buddha72 @ Nov 12 2013, 01:27 PM) *
BishopMcQ the van needs to soak 17 boxes of damage please. Correct you made the test - I will post the results when your action comes up but you're good though the barrier may or may not be there when that comes around depending on how many other vehicles crash into.

Do I need to wait for this, or can I go?
Buddha72
The barrier is still there so the Pilot test is still required.
BishopMcQ
QUOTE (BishopMcQ @ Oct 30 2013, 01:49 PM) *
Pilot Ground 2 + Reaction 4 + Diagnostics 1
7d6.hits(5)=2

(Forgot to modify for handling, 1d6.hits(5)=1 ) Total 3 hits

BishopMcQ
If possible, I'd like to steer closer to Eklipse with the piloting test to avoid the Barrier. Grab his unconscious body and book it for the van.

Simple to pick him up?

Run to the van (I can cover 12 m this pass) and simple to open the back door. Free to drop him in the van.

Buddha72
You have enough hits to do that and can cover the distance.
Buddha72
Howdy All!

Karma added as usual and bumping the thread along.

JxJxA sorry for this but it's time for the Critical Glitch on the driving test - please soak 12P with Body + half Impact.

Surprise Order
Lazarro 8
Benito 7
Paolo 7
Fleet 6
Ignacio 6
Gitano 6
Cecilio 6
Rikik 5
Rocco 5
Adolfo 5
Emilio 4
Fat Man 4
Edmondo 4
Silvio 4
Isaias 3
Zero 1

Isaias 22/2
Ignacio 16/3
Gitano 15/4 Delaying
Adolfo 15/3
Fleet 14/3
Ceclio 14/3
Benito 13/4
Rocco 12/4 Delaying
Emilio 11/3
Lazzaro 11/3 Delaying
Rikik 10/2
Edmondo 10/4 Delaying
Paolo 9/3 Delaying
Zero 9/3 <<<

Zero is up!
JxJxA
Body(4) + 1/2Impact(4) = 6d6 for 3 hits. That puts me at my cap, so I'm bleeding out and I think that's the end of Isaias.
BishopMcQ
If you have any Edge left, you could spend it on the test or invoke a Dead Man's trigger if you have anything that you want to do with a Simple Action.

Go for some dignified last words rather than "AAAAAAAHHHH" *THUD*, trigger off the Doomsday device that you setup earlier, stick out your middle finger and give a farewell salute to whoever these guys are... Maybe just a final prayer and release yourself unto God's will?
JxJxA
Another runner maybe, but Zero has never been in it for revenge (probably a good reason I'm dropping him nyahnyah.gif). The only thing I could think of doing IC would be to release Isaias, and that's about to happen anyways. frown.gif
Buddha72
Delayed actions going off and we are out of the Surprise round.

Thermal smoke is in effect (-4 normal/-2 low light/-6 thermographic/-2 ultrasound) and people can roll Perception just keep those modifiers in mind.

Spell resistance please of Intuition + Counterspelling - you are facing 6 hits at present.

Initiative: 1st Pass/Combat Turn 2
Ignacio 16/3 Delaying
Gitano 15/4
Fat Man 15/3 Pinned/Line of Sight Obstructed <<<
Adolfo 15/3
Fleet 14/3
Ceclio 14/3
Benito 13/4
Rocco 12/4
Emilio 11/3
Lazzaro 11/3
Rikik 10/2
Edmondo 10/4
Paolo 9/3
Zero 9/3

Fat Man is up!
BishopMcQ
Spell Resistance: Intuition 4d6.hits(5)=2

I'm guessing the Spell Defense will just be tossed out once and applied to everyone who is covered? Also, as a reminder any spells or spirits within 6m of Rikik will have their Force reduced by 4. Not sure how it would work if a spirit outside of the Hazing used Concealment or such on a character in the Hazing. Though I've got nothing to stop a ruthenium tarp and a guy in a stealth suit...

Visual Perception (Skill 4 + Intuition 4 + Enhancement 3 - Distracted 2 - Smoke 2) Rikik has Low-Light vision
7d6.hits(5)=4

Auditory (Skill 4 + Intuition 4 + Enhacement 3 + Spatial Recognizer 2 - Distracted 2) Rolled separately since its a very different pool, only to be betrayed by the dice.
11d6.hits(5)=3
UmaroVI
Counterspelling (4) + Shielding (4) = 8d6, however, I think this only covers Fat Man right now (CS always applies to yourself, but he needs LOS to others and right now has LOS on an airbag) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4334131/ 3 hits
Intuition 6 = 6d6 http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4334134/ 3 hits, 6 total.

Fat Man is going to take a Complex Action to Powerbolt the airbag at force 9 (that airbag really, really has to pop this action). Spellcasting (6) + Magic (7) + Focus (4) + Mentor (2) + Specialization (2), http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4334143/ 21d6 = 7 hits. That will be 9P+whatever is left after OR (probably 11P if the bag is OR 5), hopefully that will pop it.

If that destroyed the bag, Fat Man will take his free action to Center the drain (I did check that it only needs to be in the same IP - you can cast then center).

Drain is 5P (9/2+1), Intuition (6) + Willpower (6) + [maybe] Centering 4 = 12d6 or 16d6, http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4334146/ with either 6 or 9 hits, Fat Man is fine either way.

BishopMcQ
Buddha -- After the barrier, the Van has 8 boxes of damage left before hitting the overflow. Does the airbag count as a separate item, kinda like a windshield? Expensive to repair and replace, but damage to it doesn't necessarily equate to damage to the overall structure. (NB: None of this is covered by the rules, I am just trying to save my van from my team.)
Buddha72
Howdy All!

Will update karma total for the weekly drip.

Good News: Due to the astral hazing the number of hits incoming from the spell is reduced to 4 hits instead of 6 hits. The airbag is being counted as a separate object like a windshield so no damage will be done to the van when it is destroyed.

Bad News: Fat Man's Magic is reduced to 3 and the power foci is shut down - dropping dice from the roll (to keep things moving) that leaves 3 hits on a now maximum Force 6 spell which would not affect the Object Resistance of 3 for the airbag. The drain is no problem. There is no current spell defense in play so roll Intuition at present and each success left inflicts a -1 die penalty on all tests.

Ignacio 16/3 Delaying
Gitano 15/4
Adolfo 15/3 Delaying
Fleet 14/3 <<<
Ceclio 14/3
Benito 13/4
Rocco 12/4
Emilio 11/3
Lazzaro 11/3
Rikik 10/2
Edmondo 10/4
Paolo 9/3
Zero 9/3

Fleet is up!
UmaroVI
Buddha: would you allow Fat Man to spend edge on that test at this point, or is it too late?
Buddha72
UmaroVI not a problem, go ahead. Sorry if you felt railroaded at all - been trying to keep the thread moving.
UmaroVI
No problem - I just wanted to check since you aren't supposed to know the outcome before spending the edge.

Fat Man will spend edge to reroll failures; he'd be rolling 14 dice with 3 hits so he has 11 rerolled dice.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4336000/ 1 more hit - as you said it's OR 3, that pushes it past the threshold, and with the Powerbolt cut to Force 6, that makes it 7P on the airbag.
Buddha72
Edited the post to reflect the changes and Fleet is up!
UmaroVI
That airbag had it coming.
BishopMcQ
So, are we giving chase or letting them go with a vow to reclaim them later?

OOC, JxJxA wants to swap out and this is the exit off camera for Eklipse until if/when NotSoEvilDM comes back to join us. I'd say to let them go, so we can get back to our main priority.
UmaroVI
OOC I agree, but IC we don't know that, although I'm not sure we're in any shape to give chase regardless.
Buddha72
Howdy Everyone!

Ok I updated the karma total as usual and I'm not sure if posting will happen this week with it being Christmas and all so we will see. I will check in and see if movement happens and it not then I will push things along on Monday of next week. I hope everyone has a fantastic holiday and you all get some time off to spend with friends and/or family.
Fenris
Alright, rolling + Edge:

Intuition(3) + Edge(4) (7d6.hits(5)=3)

Forgot to do the exploding 6's:

Exploding 6's from Intuition(3) + Edge(4) (2d6.hits(5)=1)

So, 4 hits, no penalties.

Quick-Draw test (Pistols + Reaction(2)): Pistols(3) + Reaction(6) (9d6.hits(5)=5) Success! No utterly embarrassing myself by throwing the gun out of the holster and across the street!

First Shot: Pistols(3) + Agility(5) + Smartgun Link(2) - Vision Mods(-2) (8d6.hits(5)=1)

Second Shot: Pistols(3) + Agility(5) + Smartgun Link(2) - Vision Mods(-2) (8d6.hits(5)=2)
Buddha72
Hope everyone had a great Christmas! I added the weekly drip of karma and going to push the thread along though with New Years this week we will see how much movement we get.

Reaction (for shot #1 with 1 hit)
5d6.hits(5)=3

Reaction - 1 (for shot #2 with 2 hits)
5d6.hits(5)=3 (sorry I double copied the first roll - the second dodge had 0 hits)

Fenris Can I get the damage code for the pistol please? Fleet has two shots coming in - the 1st has 3 hits and the 2nd has 2 hits.

Ignacio 16/3 Delaying
Gitano 15/4
Adolfo 15/3 Delaying
Fleet 14/3
Ceclio 14/3 Delaying
Benito 13/4
Rocco 12/4
Emilio 11/3 <<<
Lazzaro 11/3
Rikik 10/2
Edmondo 10/4
Paolo 9/3
Zero 9/3

Emilio is up!
Emilio
Emilio puts two into the figure near him:

First shot: Agility (7) + Firearms (5) + Smartgun (2) - Magical haze (6) = 8d6

Second shot: Agility (7) + Firearms (5) + Smartgun (2) - Magical haze (6) = 8d6

Rolled them together (ooohh!!!): 8d6.hits(5)=1, 8d6.hits(5)=3

So one hit on the first shot, three hits on the second. Both are 5P AP - 1.
Fenris
Damage from the pistol is 3P AP+2 versus impact.

Dodge rolls! Going to try to get by on natural talent smile.gif And some genetech wink.gif:

First shot - Reaction(6) + Reakt(1) (7d6.hits(5)=1)

Second shot - Reaction(6) + Reakt(1) - Multiple Dodges(1) (6d6.hits(5)=2)

Emilio
Forgot Emilio's counter spelling:

Let's add edge to this:

Intuition (3) + 3 edge = 6d6.hits(5) =6d6.hits(5)=2

Two exploding 6's!

2d6.hits(5)=1

For a total of 3 successes.

Knocking 3 off of the 6 incoming leaves me with a -3.

Shaving the last three dice off of the previous rolls knocks off one hit each, so they are 0 hits and 2 hits.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012