Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Daughter of Deep Silence
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33
BishopMcQ
Emilio--Having a -3 instead of a -6 would give you more dice wouldn't it? Rather than less...

There is the IR smoke too if you're caught in that mess, but that's not too bad with Low-Light.
Emilio
Yes, but when you forget to apply any of it, -3 means dropping 3 dice. smile.gif
Buddha72
Happy New Year (belated)!! Hope everyone had a safe and fantastic time. The karma total has been updated as usual and I think we can start seeing a more regular pace in the thread with the holidays behind us and I assume people's lives starting to settle a little bit. Can I get a roll call in OOC to see if everyone is seeing this? Thanks!

Fenris please soak 8S(e) with 1/2 Impact (+ rating in nonconductive if any) then followed by a Body + Willpower (3) Test (apply half your impact + rating in nonconductive if any). If you fail the 2nd test you will be incapacitated for 4 Combat Turns and if you succeed you suffer a -2 dice pool modifier on all action tests for 4 Combat Turns.

Emilio you need to dodge two narrow bursts - the 1st has 4 hits and the 2nd has 2 hits. The base damage is 6P with 0 AP.

Initiative: 1st Pass/Combat Turn 2
Ignacio 16/3 Delaying
Gitano 15/4
Fat Man 15/3 Pinned/Line of Sight Obstructed
Adolfo 15/3 Delaying
Fleet 14/3
Ceclio 14/3 Delaying
Benito 13/4
Rocco 12/4
Emilio 11/3
Lazzaro 11/3
Rikik 10/2 <<<
Edmondo 10/4
Paolo 9/3
Zero 9/3

Rikik is up!
BishopMcQ
Simple--To close the door of the van
Free--Work my way past the bikes and drones to the front seat. Wait for Fat Man to get out of my chair.
Simple--Using the last service on the sprite.

Diagnostics on the Van -- 8d6.hits(5)=1 (I swear it doesn't matter what happens, I always get 1 hit on the Diagnostics...)

PS -- Yes, I'm here.
JxJxA
Still here, and finishing up my new character. smile.gif
Fenris
Damage resistance: Body(6) + 1/2 Impact(cool.gif + Non-Conductive(6) (20d6.hits(5)=6) - took 2S.

Willpower: Body(6) + 1/2 Impact(cool.gif + Non-Conductive(6) + Willpower(4) (24d6.hits(5)=cool.gif - Success.

Currently suffering -2 for 4 Combat Turns, no modifiers from damage (yet) smile.gif

P.S. - Also here.
UmaroVI
Hey, sorry I didn't reply earlier but I am still here too.
UmaroVI
OK, I had been forgetting to check this and just caught up. So it looks like the plan is for us to bail out now and hunt them down later? If so I think Fat Man's best move is going to be getting out of Rikik's way and trying to get a good enough look at one of the attackers to Search for them later.
BishopMcQ
If not the Attackers, we can Search for the team members.
Emilio
I'm here!

Emilio is going to burn his next action to dodge and will just move away next pass.

First burst, coming in with 4 hits:

Reaction (7) + Dodge(3) = 10d6 = 10d6.hits(5)=0

Let's edge that:

10d6.hits(5)=4

Woot!

Second burst, coming in with 2 hits:

Reaction (7) + Dodge(3) - 1 = 9d6 = 9d6.hits(5)=1

So one net hit. 6P with one net hit. 7 boxes coming in

Body (5) + Balistic (cool.gif = 11d6.hits(5) = 11d6.hits(5)=4

So Emilio takes 3 boxes of stun.
Buddha72
Howdy All! Thanks for the replies to the roll call. As usual I have updated the karma total for the weekly drip.

I need spell resistance tests from people - there is 7 hits incoming (only 6 for Fat Man and Rikik in the hazing). I believe spell defense is back not that an air bag isn't wrapped around your mage's head anymore. The spell ls mana based so Willpower and the base damage is 10S (6S for the van occupants). I would like the spell resistance results before moving on to Fat Man's action so please post as soon as you can. I don't have time to check right out but I have a vague memory of the van being warded but can't recall now. Let me know.

Initiative: 1st Pass/Combat Turn 3
Ignacio 16/3
Gitano 15/4
Fat Man 15/3 <<<
Adolfo 15/3
Fleet 14/3
Ceclio 14/3
Benito 13/4
Rocco 12/4
Emilio 11/3
Lazzaro 11/3
Rikik 10/2
Edmondo 10/4
Paolo 9/3

Fat Man is up!
BishopMcQ
http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?show...t&p=1223541
http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?show...t&p=1223569

Looks like both vehicles were put with a F7 ward before going to the Ranch. The Van is currently being treated as a F3 ward.
UmaroVI
Fat Man's spell defense is Counterspelling 4 + Counterspelling specialization 2 + Mentor 2 + Shielding 4 = 12d6. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4365341/ 4 hits.

Edge to reroll failures: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4365345/ aaaaand 0 hits on the reroll.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4365346/ (Willpower) Fat Man himself gets 3 hits for a total of 7, so he's fine. Emilio and Rikik will get the 4 hits from Spell Defense.

BishopMcQ
Wiilpower 4 + Ward 3 (any cover modifiers?)

7d6.hits(5)=1

Edit: double checked, Edge refreshed with the scene change.

Edging the Resist 6d6.hits(5)=2 + Spell Defense, brings me to 7 hits and avoid the ruination

Buddha: I added an Edge tracker and Damage Track to my first post with gear to help see where I'm at.
Fenris
I think Fleet's priority at this point is getting as many of us out of here as we can, and hunting them down later. It doesn't look like we're going to be able to track them, as they're using magic to conceal themselves and we're just unprepared.

Willpower + Edge: Willpower(4) + Edge(4) (8d6.hitsopen(5,6)=4)

4 hits + 4 from the Spell Defense gives me a total of 8, so no effect, I believe.
Buddha72
Go ahead and post Fat Man's actions - I think only Emilio is left to roll his spell defense and I want to keep things moving forward in the thread. Thanks to everyone for posting so quickly and putting out your response to the roll call.
Emilio
I checked again, and Emilio has one point of edge.

Willpower (4) = 4d6 = 4d6.hits(5)=1

Let's edge! 3d6 = 3d6.hits(5)=2

So 4 counter spelling and 3 resist here is a net of 7! No effect!
BishopMcQ
That's our cue...Quick jump out and sucker punch him with a Powerbolt while he's winded.

Rikik is out of actions, so you could Chinese firedrill, cast the spell, sprint around the van and climb back in all before I get into the driver's seat. Or you know, assense him for the ritual tracking later... but that's kinda boring.
UmaroVI
Can Fat Man make it to the edge of Rikik's aura with his movement, or would he need to be Sprinting or using actions to do it?
BishopMcQ
The aura is 6m. Normal running rate is 30m for humans, 50m for Bear shifters. Over 3 passes, you're looking at 10/17m, so should be plenty to get out of the area without a Sprint action.
UmaroVI
That's a pretty good idea, but I think Summon will help more than Powerbolt - that guy probably has enough Counterspelling to not worry that much about Powerbolt, but a spirit can do quite a lot to cover our retreat.

Fat Man will move 6m away from Rikik and the van (until he exits the aura), and then summon a Force 9 Guardian spirit.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4372703/ 5 hits to summon (Summon 1 + Magic 7 + Focus 4 + Mentor 2 + Spec 2)

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4372705/ 4 hits to resist (Force) - only 1 service, but that should at least get us clear of this mess.

Soak the summon drain: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4372709/ (Will 6 + Intuition 6 + Centering 4), 2 hits, reroll failures for http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4372710/ 6 more.

It is coming with Concealment, Elemental Attack [Fire], and Heavy Weapons.
Buddha72
Hey All! Sorry for the late bump - yesterday was a holiday and I had all the kids home with me so posting was a little more challenging than I thought it was going to be. I added the weekly drip of 1 karma to the first post.

UmaroVI can you roll the spirit's Force vs a Banishing Test with 7 hits.

Initiative: 1st Pass/Combat Turn 3
Ignacio 16/3
Gitano 15/4
Fat Man 15/3
Adolfo 15/3
Fleet 14/3 <<<
Ceclio 14/3
Benito 13/4
Rocco 12/4
Emilio 11/3
Lazzaro 11/3
Rikik 10/2
Edmondo 10/4
Paolo 9/3

Fleet is up!
UmaroVI
Is the spirit willing to use its Edge to resist banishing? I can't remember how we've been going on the willingness of summoned spirits to use Edge.

To keep things moving, I'm going to roll with and keep track of what it would be without as well.

IC is down, so I'm just rolling the dice using another roller

Force 9 + maybe Edge 9

4 hits on the first 9 dice, 2 hits on the second nine dice, 3 total hits are 6, rerolling 6s gives 1 more 6, last reroll doesn't hit.

So 4 hits without edge (in which case it poofs, but at least whoever banished it takes 8S/P), or 7 hits with edge.

Buddha72
Happy Monday All!

I bumped the karma total as usual with your weekly drip of one point

UmaroVI I am going to go with the rule of spirits using Edge to prevent their destruction, if you have a roleplaying element that would influence that, or an established history with the spirit (summoned from your 1st run, has a nickname and you try it like a close friend). Since the banishment isn't destroying the spirit

Fenris I saw your post were you going to take any other actions other than speaking? Let me know.
UmaroVI
No problem - I couldn't remember how we'd been going with spirits and Edge in the past, that seems reasonable. So that would be 4 hits, which means the spirit is banished and the banisher takes 8S/P
BishopMcQ
Updating Rikik
Athletics group 0 --> 1
Pilot: Groundcraft --> adding Specialization

Updated sheet sent.
Buddha72
Fleet 1st short burst (to increase damage) with 6 hits and the 2nd short burst (to increase damage) with 6 hits. Base damage is 6P (includes the short burst modifier and regular ammo).

Fat Man 1st arrow with 4 hits and the 2nd arrow with 5 hits. Base damage is 10P (barbed head arrow made of silver).

Initiative: 3rd Pass/Combat Turn 1
Ignacio 16/3
Gitano 15/4
Fat Man 15/3
Adolfo 15/3
Fleet 14/3
Ceclio 14/3
Benito 13/4
Rocco 12/4
Emilio 11/3 <<<
Lazzaro 11/3
Rikik 10/2
Edmondo 10/4
Paolo 9/3

Emilio is up!
UmaroVI
Reaction (3) vs. arrow 1: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4383854/ 1 hit, 3 net hits is 13 DV

Ballistic (28)+Body(11) = 39d6, http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4383856/ no damage goes through.

Fat Man declines to dodge the second arrow and takes the 15 DV from all 5 net hits, http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4383860/ 13 hits so 2S goes through and he has a barbed arrow embedded.

UmaroVI
Also, spending some built-up karma:

4: Summoning 1->2
4: Perception 1->2
40: Magic 7->8
BishopMcQ
Umaro -- Don't forget the +6 DV for silver. (Unless you are one of the variants, in which case the joke's on the crazy hit squad.) +4 for Allergy and +2 for Vulnerability.
UmaroVI
QUOTE (BishopMcQ @ Jan 29 2014, 01:38 PM) *
Umaro -- Don't forget the +6 DV for silver. (Unless you are one of the variants, in which case the joke's on the crazy hit squad.) +4 for Allergy and +2 for Vulnerability.

The joke is indeed on them - Fat Man isn't vulnerable to silver. Although this suggests they did do their homework.
Fenris
First burst:
Reaction(6) + Reakt(2) - Electrical Damage(2) (6d6.hits(5)=3)
So, damage on the first burst is 9P, so less than my ballistic, so 9S, versus Ballistic.
Damage Resistance: Ballistic(16) + Body(6) (22d6.hits(5)=6)
So, 3S minus 1 for Trauma Dampner, so 2S total.

Second burst: Reaction(6) + Reakt(2) + Sync(1) - Electrical(2) - Multiple Dodges(1) (6d6.hits(5)=0)
So, damage is 12P, so less than my ballistic, so 12S, versus Ballistic.
Ballistic(16) + Body(6) (22d6.hits(5)=9)
So, 3S minus 1 for Trauma Dampner, so 2S this second hit, 4S total. Updating my 'status' post.

On that note, spending 30 karma to raise Dodge to 6 smile.gif
Buddha72
Happy Monday All!

I updated the karma total as usual. I just got an undated sheet from BishopMcQ so I wanted to ask everyone to take a little bit of time this week if possible to send me their updated character sheet as well.

Thanks!

Emilio is up!
Emilio
Emilio is heading west. Straight and sedate at first. We can try to evade next round. Since I burned my action to dodge, I can only move and thus I am driving mildly-enough that I don't have to expend actions.
JxJxA
@ Buddha: I'm still finishing up the gear for my replacement char. I just wanted to give a heads up that I go on vacation tomorrow, and might not be completely back online until your Tuesday (my Wednesday). I'll try to get him finished ASAP. ^_^
Buddha72
JxJxA no problem - just let me know when you get back.

I'll be posting tomorrow to move things along again.
Buddha72
Fenris Lightning Bolt with 3 hits (rolled crap) base damage is 10e.

UmaroVI First thrown knife 4 hits and the second has 4 as well, base damage is 12P.

Initiative: 3rd Pass/Combat Turn 1
Ignacio 16/3
Gitano 15/4
Fat Man 15/3
Adolfo 15/3
Fleet 14/3
Ceclio 14/3
Benito 13/4
Rocco 12/4
Emilio 11/3
Lazzaro 11/3
Rikik 10/2
Edmondo 10/4
Paolo 9/3

So ends the 3rd pass of combat - I wanted to check before rolling into the 4th pass if anyone was going to take any other actions other than withdrawing - which is fine - just let me know.
UmaroVI
Yeah, Fat Man is ready to bail.

Is Fenris in Fat Man's LOS?
Buddha72
UmaroVI yes he is.
Emilio
Emilio is leaving
BishopMcQ
Planning on bailing...
Fenris
Dodging: Reaction(6) + Reakt(2) - Multiple Dodges (-2) - Electricity(-2) - Stun Damage (-1) (3d6.hits(5)=1)

If he's attacked before, I have an extra die from Sync: Sync(+1) (1d6.hits(5)=1)

Okay, so I'm just going to go ahead and roll Spell Defense, since I'm the only one getting hit and I don't want to hold things up:

Spell Defense: Counterspelling 4 + Counterspelling specialization 2 + Mentor 2 + Shielding 4 (12d6.hits(5)=4)

I believe that I didn't completely Dodge it completely, leaving 1 success, but Spell Defense should remove the last hit, leaving me unaffected?

And I'm definitely planning on bailing.
Buddha72
Ok thanks for the answers - I just a spell defense roll and Fat Man's rolls for the two throwing knives then I can bump it along. Again please when you find some time send me an updated copy of your character please.

My bad - the spell defense roll is there I just missed it.
Buddha72
Happy Monday All!

I updated the karma total for your weekly drip. Please send me updated character sheet if you haven't already/ I 'm going to give UmaroVI one more day to post his rolls then I'll bump things forward. I wanted to check you all are still planning on returning to your safe house still? Let me know.
UmaroVI
Sorry about that! I got super busy with work and needed to spend a bit of time updating my sheet as we discussed. I'll post by tomorrow, pinkie swear.
Buddha72
LOL! Ok that was adorable - my 4 year old daughter does those with me all the time so they carry a lot of weight with me. smile.gif
BishopMcQ
Team--the safehouse is remote, but not terribly safe. Zero's clone found us there and this team has definitely done their homework on us, so they may know about it too. They knew our path well enough to setup surveillance equipment and a massive ambush. On the other hand, we're wounded and don't have a lot of other choices to go limping away to.

Buddha--where did we last see Widget? Was she staying at the safehouse while we hit the ranch?
Buddha72
BishopMcQ the evil clone found you at the safe house in the Barrens - I was referring to the new one you have through Aideen out in Tarislar. Widget was last seen there.
BishopMcQ
Buddha--Great, thanks! It's probably time for me to go back and review the thread again.
UmaroVI
Okay, Buddha, sending an updated character sheet now.

Fat Man is taking both knives on the chin for 16P each.

Armor (28)+Body(11)=39d6, IC is down so I'm rolling with physical dice. 12 hits on the first test, 15 on the second, so 4S+1S. Fat Man has now taken 7S total and has a barbed arrow embedded.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012