Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Daughter of Deep Silence
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33
Fenris
I'm with Bishop. I think we need to let Widget know to be wary of an ambush and hit the safe house, grab our stuff, and find somewhere else to crash until we know what the hell happened.
UmaroVI
That sounds reasonable to me.
Buddha72
Bumped the thread and you all are at the safe house. I am adding 6 points of karma to the total for the encounter in Loveland.

Roleplay and let me know what's next. Emilio you have a meeting later in the day with the "odd mechanics" to see about repairing the drones and vehicles. You are meeting in the Barrens in a large warehouse.
Buddha72
Hi All!

I added your weekly drip of karma to the total. I'm here ready to respond to things in the IC thread - I have JxJxA's new character so as soon as a window opens up I will be introducing him into the mix. Let me know if you have any other questions.
JxJxA
Lol, I realized I forgot to pick up some stim patches and a few other things. Is it okay for me to grab them?
Buddha72
JxJxA go for it.
BishopMcQ
Umaro--Out of character, doesn't Distance play just as big of a hindrance as a ward? If we are a hundred kilometers (60 miles) away from where they expect us to be, we're as good as gone for the Search power. Taking the ferry to Orcas island or hiding out by Fort Lewis would provide a huge increase to the threshold to find us.

If they have a material link, then ritual sorcery will find us anywhere on the globe whether we're behind a ward or not.
Buddha72
Hey All!

Karma updated as usual.

As to the astral tracking they were need an active astral link and the Search power does have a modifier for distance - +1 per kilometer to the Threshold and then minus dice for being behind a mana barrier and/or under the Concealment power.

What's the plan y'all?
JxJxA
@ Bishop: Really? The Red Queen? You know that means we're all going to die down here. nyahnyah.gif
BishopMcQ
Different Red Queen, less Alice, more Wonderland.
JxJxA
Let's hope so for our sake, as zombies are a very real problem in this world.
Buddha72
Hi All!

Sorry for the late posting but yesterday was a bit busy. Let me know if you need anything but I am thinking of bumping forward on Wed night/Thurs morning so if you need to get anything done now then please do so.
UmaroVI
Eeesh, things got busy.

Bishop - that's a good point, simply getting out of the effective range of search would also work and I see no problem with that.

On the whole thought I agree with Fenris - if they wanted to take us out they could have already done it.
Buddha72
Ok everyone I want to bump to the meet with the mechanics in the Barrens so I need to know who is going with Emilio please.

Thanks!
UmaroVI
Fat Man's spell list is: Increase Reaction, Increase Charisma, Increase Intuition, Increase Logic, Increase Willpower, Increase Reflexes, Heal, Stunbolt, Mind Probe*, Soundwave*, Physical Mask, Powerbolt, Mana Static, Shattershield

*linked to a Fetish.

He will explain as clearly as he can what the spells do.
UmaroVI
QUOTE (Buddha72 @ Mar 12 2014, 11:45 PM) *
Ok everyone I want to bump to the meet with the mechanics in the Barrens so I need to know who is going with Emilio please.

Thanks!

It sounds like Fenris wanted Fat Man to come with him, but we should probably stick to the buddy system at least. Who would it make sense to send with Emilio?
Fenris
Just to be clear, I'm actually not sure who (IC) Emilio has told about the meet, so that would be the first hurdle.

Secondly, yeah, buddy system at least, but we're such a small group now I'm thinking just run the whole group out there. 2 just isn't enough to do anything if we get jumped again - Four + spirits + drones we might have a fighting chance.
Emilio
QUOTE (Fenris @ Mar 14 2014, 09:37 PM) *
Just to be clear, I'm actually not sure who (IC) Emilio has told about the meet, so that would be the first hurdle.

Secondly, yeah, buddy system at least, but we're such a small group now I'm thinking just run the whole group out there. 2 just isn't enough to do anything if we get jumped again - Four + spirits + drones we might have a fighting chance.

Everyone, just done in IC. Emilio and Fleet definitely should come. Everyone else is welcome.
UmaroVI
I think Fenris makes a good point - we should probably just travel together. And with spirits/sprites/drones standing by.
JxJxA
Just posting to let you all know that I'm still here, just not anything I can do to contribute right now. ^_^
Buddha72
Hi All!

Sorry for the delay in bumping - 1/2 days at school and down a parent this week so juggling poorly at present. I'm going to start the bump to the meet in the Barrens with the mechanics. I am going to assume that Emilio and Fleet are going at least - anyone else going feel free to post their inclusion.
UmaroVI
Fat Man is going to go, and is going to summon a Force 8 guardian spirit before we leave.

Spirit: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4437954/ + http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4437955/ 2 hit (F=8d6, I rolled 7 out of habit and the extra die is the last one)

Summoning: Summoning (2)+Spec(2)+Magic(cool.gif+Mentor(2)+Focus(4) = 18d6, 4 hts http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4437956/, 2 net.

Soak drain: Intuition (6) + Willpower (6) + Centering (4) + Focus Will (2) = 18d6, 6 hits http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4437958/, no drain.

The spirit is given the order to assist us if we are attacked or attack anyone, it will have 1 service left.

UmaroVI
Fat Man

Assensing 4 + Spec 2 + Intuition 6 = 12d6, http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4437963/ 3 hits
Buddha72
UmaroVI they are healthy, focused and eager to do business, no implants of any sort and their Magic is equal to your own and you have never seen their auras before. I just applied the same roll to both if that's ok with you?
BishopMcQ
General note: I'm not a combat type of Technomancer, and don't do big sprites. The closest thing I have to a combat sprite is the Machine Sprite to drive/improve stuff.

Umaro--Since Fat Man explained all of his spells to the group, would you mind listing them OOC so we know? Also, did you want to do the Cleansing again or are you going to just be sure to have Fat Man stay away from Rikik?

BishopMcQ
Free Action -- List of the Active and Passive nodes (checking for new ones besides our team)

If they don't have commlinks in Active or Passive, I'll start the scan for hidden ones.

(I'm assuming that I am currently more than 6 m away from the twins and Fat Man)
UmaroVI
Bishop: It's in this post http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?show...t&p=1282922.

I think it's probably best to just keep Fat Man and Rikik separated when we can, since the Background Count also has some advantages. If you want it suppressed (such as to not draw attention), though, let me know.
Buddha72
BishopMcQ there are two passive nodes - one on each of the men.
Buddha72
Happy Monday all!

Karma updated as usual and bumping along. Emilio feel free to throw any social skill test you want to direct the exchange.
Buddha72
Happy Monday Again!

Bumped as usual and updated karma. I think we're just doing the social back and forth so feel free to post away replies.
Buddha72
I'm here but sick with a capital S so I'll post as soon as I feel better.
Buddha72
Happy Monday all!

So I updated the karma total for this week and I need to pause/close this game for now. My summer is ramping up to be very busy and time to run the game is going to be challenging. I want to thank everyone for playing and I will keep the information so when winter comes and my life slows down again I can send out PMs gauging interest to pick this back up or just toss up a recruitment thread again. It's been fun and I have enjoyed playing with you all and I hope everyone has a great summer.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012