Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [OOC] Hijacked - LowInt ops
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30
Mach_Ten
Low Intensity Operations

Performed for the Zermax Group
Players :
Thanee = callsign Nova - Tatjana
PhlapJack77 = callsign Crispy - Reginald
Raiden = callsign Longshot - Derick MIA
Dakka Fiend = Callsign TP - Brian KIA
BigGreenSquid = Callsign Stitch - Juan Ramirez. MIA
LordArcana = Callsign Murphy
NeVeRLiFt = Callsign Sanchez

Speech
Text comms
inner monologue / thoughts
Electronic VOICE Comms
or any approximation thereof.
Reserved for GM use
Thanee's Angry Bene Gesserit voice (if you see this you have been a very very naughty boy !)
Dice roller: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/
Campaign Room is : http://invisiblecastle.com/campaign/rolls/32305/
All rolls must be made in the room (Note: all lower case) , and must be clearly identified as to who the roll is for and what task it is for.
if modifiers are not applied already they will be subtracted from right to left in order

Character HTML Files added to the Dropbox I have sent invites to you for,
I'll put my amazingly artistic maps and plans in there too
in Chummer go to PRINT and you can choose HTML format I think,
it's only so I know at a glance what you can do, I expect you to maintain the chummer file or whatever with health and ammo counts however you please, I don't want to micromanage the details
Mach_Ten
KARMA AWARDS

NOVA 6 + 6 + 5
CRISPY 7 + 5 + 5
BRIAN 1 ------------
LONGSHOT 5 + 5 + 3
STITCH---------------- 2
MURPHY------------------
SANCHEZ----------------

MACH's Team of Really Nice People Characteristically (NPC's)
6 + 5 + 4
Thanee
Nova, reporting in! smile.gif

Appearance:

Tatjana is of average height with a slender and well-toned body. The shapely redhead is quite easy on the eyes. Her hair is at shoulder-length and usually worn in a ponytail, with a few strands framing a pretty face with green eyes. Her right arm is half-cybernatic, from the elbow down. She wears one striking piece of jewelry at all times, a pentacle pendant with a gemstone in the center.

Bye
Thanee
phlapjack77
Red Five Crispy standing by!
Mach_Ten
Crap, remembered that we had no contacts from last mission

I hereby invoke the Rule of CHARISMA x 2 in contact points ... go make friends !
Thanee
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Jun 20 2013, 06:27 PM) *
go make friends !

Good, that I have a decent Charisma. smile.gif

Contacts will likely come from Tatjana's mercenary background.

Let's see...

Sanchez, Dealer (Aztlan) 4/1

A lean and mean Aztlaner who deals in military goods, some drugs and information. As long as the money is good, he will hold up his end of the deals, which are as shady as they get.

Trish, T-Bird Smuggler (Aztlan/UCAS Border) 2/1

Hailing from Texas, Trish is a tough mercenary girl that got into the lucrative smuggling business, using an old T-Bird to run the border.

Bye
Thanee
Mach_Ten
can you all PM me an email address so I can send you a dropbox share invite for char sheets and other game related stuff

I promise not to send it to any Nigerian Princes in my contacts list smile.gif

*******************EDIT******************
IC post up, feel free to begin the intros (again)

feel free to ad lib as if you know each other those that have played briefly, no need to rehash every detail in full.

Raiden
yo guys, seems I will be joining your company.
Thanee
Welcome! smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
phlapjack77
Welcome to the team! As you're new, you'll want to note that the character known as "Crispy" is the heart and soul of this group, a natural leader with the smarts and physical prowess to overcome any problem. The others in the team, notably Nova and Hammerson, have come to rely extensively on Crispy's amazing skills and ability, and they look up to him in almost all areas of their jobs...
Mach_Ten
We only look up to see where the rockets are flying to. When you have made new friends.

and welcome Raiden smile.gif

Dakka Fiend
Whether or not that makes Crispy our resident missile magnet is something every new member has to find out by him/her/itself, of course...
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Dakka Fiend @ Jun 21 2013, 08:55 AM) *
Whether or not that makes Crispy our resident missile magnet is something every new member has to find out by him/her/itself, of course...

TEEEPEEE !!! Yay ! smile.gif
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Dakka Fiend @ Jun 21 2013, 03:55 PM) *

Dakka's back! smile.gif

QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Jun 21 2013, 02:55 PM) *
We only look up to see where the rockets are flying to. When you have made new friends.

Well played sir, well played <slow clap>

Although...you ARE admitting that Hammerson looks up to Crispy, even if in these limited circumstances. He'll take that as a sign smile.gif
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Jun 21 2013, 09:23 AM) *
Dakka's back! smile.gif

Well played sir, well played <slow clap>

Although...you ARE admitting that Hammerson looks up to Crispy, even if in these limited circumstances. He'll take that as a sign smile.gif

Aaand, you wonder why Hammerson took the OTHER team ??? biggrin.gif
I was going for the "Don't want to be accused of favouritism!" but yours is more realistic
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Jun 21 2013, 05:00 PM) *
Aaand, you wonder why Hammerson took the OTHER team ??? biggrin.gif

:'(
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Jun 21 2013, 07:03 PM) *
"Are there any questions thus far?" Artemis arches a perfectly manicured digital eye-brow with the query and waits.

Is this going to be another bug hunt sir?
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Jun 21 2013, 12:05 PM) *
:'(

Awwww .. he misses you too, but has asked Ricoh to pay you a little extra special attention,
knowing how delicate a little flower you are biggrin.gif
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Jun 21 2013, 01:48 PM) *
Is this going to be another bug hunt sir?

only in your rations soldier !
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Jun 21 2013, 02:01 PM) *
Are we gonna need the heavy stuff?

He takes this chance to elbow a nearby contractor in the ribs Other than what I carry in my pants anyway, right?

I've never seen a holographic woman manage to look ..awkward .... till now !

or maybe it was just a glitch in the connection that made her right eye seem to twitch uncontrollably

maybe ..
phlapjack77
it could be the beer talking, but I just laughed my butt off at this.The visual of her eye twitching... smile.gif
Thanee
BTW, "manicure" is the care (lat. cura) of the hands (lat. manus). wink.gif

Bye
Thanee
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Thanee @ Jun 21 2013, 03:26 PM) *
BTW, "manicure" is the care (lat. cura) of the hands (lat. manus). wink.gif

I knewthat, as I was writing, I just had a complete block from my feminine side for the correct word so went with the nearest masculine equivalent

can you spell pedantic ? biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

**EDIT**
Raiden can I ask you to kill signatures in IC posts please my friend, I like the reference but makes it easier for me to read smile.gif

thanks
Dakka Fiend
Well, if you'd happen to be of the descriptive persuasion as far as linguistics is concerned, "manicured eybrows" is perfectly OK, notwithstanding the fact that it's a horribly stupid construction if you know latin.
Mach_Ten
Overhearing the Conversation currently, Sgt Hammer is satisfied he has selected the correct team

"bunch of Pedantic Beauty Queens, Penis extensions and rocket magnets ! .. they'll never survive Seattle, let alone Bogotá!!"
phlapjack77
oh nooo, I just realized that the nickname "TP" won't be around for Brian yet. It was so perfect...

Someone's gotta come up with a nickname for Brian stat!
Mach_Ten
@Thanee
ask and ye shall receive smile.gif IC Post up, mission is set

discuss and have queries ready for SGT Ricoh on his return,
Raiden
I am not big on the whole drone stuff. still haven't messed with a lot of the hacker stuff though I am in the process of playing one, but I am assuming there are basically autosofts or some form of program thereof that are equivalent to auto pilot.
phlapjack77
Yeah, we could reach out to contacts to borrow some autosofts or whatnot I guess...the VTOL craft probably has a decent pilot program, I'm just thinking what happens if there's some kind of chase scene with it smile.gif

speaking of contacts, I need to decide on Crispy's...
Raiden
that's the fun part, getting into sticky situations. so far longshot has two, an arms dealer (old merc capt. and the matrix girl, also from the old company). the biggest thing would be to find it in tact and flyable though lol. still the reward if we got it would be worth the risk IMO.
Raiden
by the way longshot is an ork, but looks fairly much like a human.
Raiden
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Jun 21 2013, 09:29 AM) *
I knewthat, as I was writing, I just had a complete block from my feminine side for the correct word so went with the nearest masculine equivalent

can you spell pedantic ? biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

**EDIT**
Raiden can I ask you to kill signatures in IC posts please my friend, I like the reference but makes it easier for me to read smile.gif

thanks

sorry, I just now read this. I will edit them out of my posts and keep em out from here on out.
Raiden
alright there we go.
phlapjack77
Crispy's got the Armorer skill at a total dicepool of 9, any chance this ammo from Longshot would fit or could be somehow altered to fit Crispy's Ares Predator? I'm pretty sure it's not realistic in real life to be able to swap ammo like that, but who knows maybe in SR world...

...oh wait, you don't have Crispy's char sheet yet do you? Uh, I meant his Armorer dicepool was 15 biggrin.gif
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Jun 22 2013, 09:45 AM) *
...oh wait, you don't have Crispy's char sheet yet do you? Uh, I meant his Armorer dicepool was 15 biggrin.gif

no I do not have it yet ... email Chummer files, for ... backup purposes .. MWUAHAHAH (mach.ten@live.com)
that goes for all playes actually, I'll load HTML version into dropbox from there, easy peasy
make sure they are FINALISED

QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Jun 22 2013, 09:45 AM) *
Any chance this ammo from Longshot would fit or could be somehow altered to fit Crispy's Ares Predator?

I'm pretty sure it's not realistic in real life to be able to swap ammo like that, but who knows maybe in SR world...

it is actually kinda realistic, that's why we currently have Nato standard sizes, (there are other reasons around lethality and battlefield casualties etc. but that's boring)

in SR world, they fall under heavy pistol ammo and should be transitional,

Not being funny, but I don't see an ammo reloading bench around here, unless that's whats in your pants ! (or are you just that pleased to see us)

VISUAL & AUDIO PERCEPTION checks ALL round please folks, make one roll, of the best variety (This has NOTHING to do with Crispy's pants, for our sanity sake)
Dakka Fiend
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Jun 22 2013, 10:56 AM) *
VISUAL & AUDIO PERCEPTION checks ALL round please folks, make one roll, of the best variety

Going with audio then, seeing as I didn't give Brian any bonuses to seeing stuff.

11 dice yield 4 hits smile.gif

QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Jun 22 2013, 10:56 AM) *
(This has NOTHING to do with Crispy's pants, for our sanity sake)

Wheew, was getting worried whether you can voluntarily fail a test. wink.gif
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Raiden @ Jun 22 2013, 04:11 AM) *
he sends a message to Mia on his comm.
<hey Babette, how ya doing, hey I need some info on this place, called Vashon Island whats the place do, how public is it, who owns it. the works.
dig a lil for it and call it a favor for a friend eh babe?
by the way, if ya see the old coot tell him I said he needs to retire already.
>

<<@Derick[Babette]: So, you don' call Babette for weeks an now you is askin' for de favours mon? Maaan you is all kindsa' drekked in da head !
I'm in de Jazz club now, whats' so hot you gonna make me miss my smoothness jus' fo yo sorry tail?>>

Make a Negotiation+loyalty roll for me please,
let's see how inclined to help out at short notice she is, her favourite Jazz band is on in a few minutes and she's not for leaving without good reason.
Thanee
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4099641/

Perception 5 hits

Bye
Thanee
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Jun 22 2013, 05:56 PM) *
it is actually kinda realistic, that's why we currently have Nato standard sizes, (there are other reasons around lethality and battlefield casualties etc. but that's boring)

in SR world, they fall under heavy pistol ammo and should be transitional,

Not being funny, but I don't see an ammo reloading bench around here, unless that's whats in your pants ! (or are you just that pleased to see us)
cool! Learn something new every day...raw pasty civilian that I am. I'll add the ammo to the sheet (about 2 clips worth he said, so I'll say 30?)

QUOTE (Dakka Fiend @ Jun 22 2013, 06:11 PM) *
Wheew, was getting worried whether you can voluntarily fail a test. wink.gif
rotfl.gif

QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Jun 22 2013, 05:56 PM) *
VISUAL & AUDIO PERCEPTION checks ALL round please folks, make one roll, of the best variety
Visual perception: 10d6 = 3 hits
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Jun 22 2013, 12:24 PM) *

editted IC for you
Raiden
perception roll. 4 perception + 4 int + 3 visual enhance. (+3 audio as well, meh)

[ Spoiler ]

roll for babette deafualting negotiation 3-1 + loyalty 3= 5

[ Spoiler ]
Mach_Ten
<< @Derick[Babette]: I see what it is ai can do for ya mon, Me smoothness, he not dat great no more anyhow.
gives Babette an hour on de Trix' an ai gets you sumfink tasty like .. Den latah, we can talk all quiet about favours, ya scan? >>

It seems you have wangled back into her good graces, feel free to IC up how you managed that piece of magic smile.gif

I'll edit up the IC with your perception, asap.

apologies, I have re read your emails and Mai is supposed to be oriental, I've gone slightly jamaican / haiitian by mistake, but I can't get it out of my head now... if you don't mind ?
call it GM's crazy global accent dyslexia
Raiden
new thing, she switches personality chips every so often wink.gif this time its a Jamaican like one. (lets just say the chips make her act more like the race like speaking, writing, food taste and music taste, stuff like that. like that idea? lets you play out w/e ya feel like and be viable. and gimme a bit, I am going to have to make it a good one cuz that was indeed a magical role lol.
Mach_Ten
Sensor test for the iball please

And stealth for it too
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Jun 23 2013, 04:05 PM) *
Sensor test for the iball please

And stealth for it too

I was worried about the low perception of the iball, only 5 dice...shouldn't have been worried though smile.gif
Sensor(5) = 4 hits

Hehehe - and that's what I get for bragging
Infiltration: Pilot(3) = 0 hits
AND a critical, critical failure - rolled 1,1,1

I'm sure you'll think up something appropriate Mach - you're our only hope!
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Jun 23 2013, 12:26 PM) *
I was worried about the low perception of the iball, only 5 dice...shouldn't have been worried though smile.gif
Sensor(5) = 4 hits

Hehehe - and that's what I get for bragging
Infiltration: Pilot(3) = 0 hits
AND a critical, critical failure - rolled 1,1,1

Well done, the sensors tell you ....oh......oh dear.

You just made my day biggrin.gif
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Jun 23 2013, 08:33 PM) *
Well done, the sensors tell you ....oh......oh dear.

You just made my day biggrin.gif

acting!

smile.gif

Just emailed you the char sheet for Crispy. Probably better I hadn't done that yet, or you'd have done something with the iBall's smoke bomb...
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Jun 23 2013, 02:21 PM) *
Just emailed you the char sheet for Crispy.

got it thx
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Jun 23 2013, 02:21 PM) *
Probably better I hadn't done that yet, or you'd have done something with the iBall's smoke bomb...

I'm sure I can save that little nugget of information for a later date, any other little gems I should know about ? biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

IC is up, : META Looking around you reckon that the other teams will have a plan soon and be gearing up to leave within the hour,

the other two sergeants seem to be conversing but no one is coming to say hi to Ricoh, they also seem to be gearing up for a tag along with their teams, maybe just to "Keep Score" ? but the back of your hummer only has the kit in IC,
Thanee
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Jun 24 2013, 10:57 AM) *
got it thx

I have uploaded mine to that dropbox thingie.

Bye
Thanee
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Thanee @ Jun 24 2013, 10:35 AM) *
I have uploaded mine to that dropbox thingie.

Cheers Thanee, got it smile.gif
Raiden
does anyone else have a tacsoft?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012