Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [OOC] Hijacked - LowInt ops
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30
Thanee
You were right... Perception is definitely something, Nova can roll well on. smile.gif

Perception -> visual 8 hits; audio 8 hits; general 7 hits

Bye
Thanee
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Aug 26 2013, 04:07 AM) *
Piloting the truck: 1 hit

BOOM! there it is ! biggrin.gif

there ain't no pretty parking and drifting the trailer going on (I mean, there ain't room to swing a cat in here .. But I bet you'd have tried)

but tell us, where exactly you want to put it, carry on regardless, I'm sure Raiden can retrofit himself into the scene as you escape the ship smile.gif

and Thanee, where art thou ? there's a lunatic in a truck headed at you smile.gif
Which given the rolls you just made, you can see the fraggin' VIN !!! *

ic.gif just for you, to follow.

*VIN = Vehicle ID Number, usually under the chassis or engine compartment, but for the purposes of this ongoing joke, is printed in huge neon characters in the astral space across the trailer like a big advert smile.gif
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Aug 26 2013, 04:55 PM) *
BOOM! there it is ! biggrin.gif

there ain't no pretty parking and drifting the trailer going on (I mean, there ain't room to swing a cat in here .. But I bet you'd have tried)

but tell us, where exactly you want to put it, carry on regardless, I'm sure Raiden can retrofit himself into the scene as you escape the ship smile.gif

Just putting the pedal to the metal, so to speak. Trying to drive forward, nothing fancy. Of course there are going to be "collisions", supposedly these are "bad" in "real life" and cause your "insurance" to go up, maybe even get a visit from the "police" asking what you're doing driving a truck around a Wal-Mart parking lot shirtless and drunk and humming the flight of the valkyries...sorry, where was I?

QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Aug 26 2013, 05:09 PM) *
I'll wait for the truck and take the driver, Boss says he's a douche, so should be easy to cozy up and slit his neck all quiet like !"[/color]

Either Crispy's met this guy before, or he's got one heckuva reputation biggrin.gif
Mach_Ten
********************EDIT ***********

I guess now would be as good a time as any to roll initiative for the ship party, RAIDEN, I know you've missed out on some stuff so far and we are moving quite quickly now,
Throw up an IC when you can and put yourself wherever you want (on the ship, no you can't be in a brothel with a pina colada!) smile.gif

PhlapJack you can hammer it and be on the ramp -OR- still on this ship if you want to kill more cars smile.gif wherever you feel you want to end up.
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Aug 26 2013, 10:20 AM) *
Either Crispy's met this guy before, or he's got one heckuva reputation biggrin.gif

You can see him far behind you,in the side mirrors

having a laugh with the guy who was trying to point out where you were going wrong on the truck repairs... smug looking bastards, the pair of them biggrin.gif
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Aug 26 2013, 05:23 PM) *
PhlapJack you can hammer it and be on the ramp -OR- still on this ship if you want to kill more cars smile.gif wherever you feel you want to end up.

I'll go with hammering it up the ramp. Go ahead and get this party started...

QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Aug 26 2013, 05:25 PM) *
You can see him far behind you,in the side mirrors

having a laugh with the guy who was trying to point out where you were going wrong on the truck repairs... smug looking bastards, the pair of them biggrin.gif

Ah, makes sense the guy with the coolest gun is the boss. So when Crispy totally murders his face and takes the gun from his cold, dead hands...

Init for Crispy: 9 + 3 = 12, 2 passes
Thanee
Is the jamming still active? Or was Crispy able to counter it?

Bye
Thanee
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Thanee @ Aug 26 2013, 11:34 AM) *
Is the jamming still active? Or was Crispy able to counter it?

still active, he hasn't had the time to use any equipment to attempt to counter it yet, there was a FLAMER .. and then there was a TRUCK biggrin.gif
Thanee
Summon F6 Plant Spirit -> 4 hits vs. 3 hits = 1 service; only 2 hits on Drain Resistance -> Edge 3 more hits => 1P Drain

Cast Magic Fingers F3 (ejecting the guards clip) -> 3 hits; no Drain

Infiltration (to slip out of the Hummer) -> 2 hits

Bye
Thanee
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Aug 26 2013, 06:49 PM) *
still active, he hasn't had the time to use any equipment to attempt to counter it yet, there was a FLAMER .. and then there was a TRUCK biggrin.gif

Can you blame a guy?

QUOTE (Thanee @ Aug 26 2013, 06:53 PM) *
Summon F6 Plant Spirit -> 4 hits vs. 3 hits = 1 service; only 2 hits on Drain Resistance -> Edge 3 more hits => 1P Drain

Yay! Someone else is responsible for starting combat this time smile.gif
Thanee
I didn't do no nothing! *waves hands all innocent like*

Bye
Thanee
Raiden
sorry, after seeing the driver of said trailer longshot decides its safer to take the humvee. lol
Raiden
also, did longshot hear the comm chatter? 12d6.hits(5)=6
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Raiden @ Aug 26 2013, 08:20 PM) *
sorry, after seeing the driver of said trailer longshot decides its safer to take the humvee. lol

nyahnyah.gif

Longshot'd better get moving - he's about to be left behind!
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Raiden @ Aug 26 2013, 01:26 PM) *
also, did longshot hear the comm chatter? 12d6.hits(5)=6

yes, you'er stood next to 2 guards smile.gif
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Thanee @ Aug 26 2013, 11:53 AM) *

Nicely done, still need an initiative roll from you and raiden please.

These actions happen first though so the spirit gets its full order.
Thanee
Nova's Initiative -> 15 + 4 hits => 19 (4 IP)

Spirit's Initiative -> 12 + 5 hits => 17 (2 IP, once materialized)

Bye
Thanee
Raiden
busy atm, but for the record longshot would have went back to the humvee were nova was when he saw the hell on wheels that is crispy.
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Raiden @ Aug 27 2013, 11:49 AM) *
busy atm, but for the record longshot would have went back to the humvee were nova was when he saw the hell on wheels that is crispy.

I think Nova and the humvee are in the other ship's hold, ahead of Crispy...
Thanee
Yeah, that is right.

Bye
Thanee
Mach_Ten
Nothing to stop you grabbing another hummer from behind the truck.

You'll find that they are left ready to go. In case of emergencies.
No need to hack or hotwire.
phlapjack77
better hurry up, the truck isn't being very careful with all of the cars that are in it's way smile.gif
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Aug 27 2013, 08:47 AM) *
better hurry up, the truck isn't being very careful with all of the cars that are in it's way smile.gif

That's why I stressed the point that the Hummer is BEHIND the truck ...

do NONE of you even look at my amazingly detailed maps and diagrams dammit ? smile.gif

I wish this forum let you post pictures frown.gif this place is stifling my creativity !
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Aug 27 2013, 04:43 PM) *
That's why I stressed the point that the Hummer is BEHIND the truck ...

do NONE of you even look at my amazingly detailed maps and diagrams dammit ? smile.gif

I wish this forum let you post pictures frown.gif this place is stifling my creativity !

heh - I forgot about those! I also remember your picture shows the doors open, and I wondered "why are those doors open...", then I was looking at kitten videos or something and it slipped my mind smile.gif
phlapjack77
Should I wait for Crispy's init turn to post an ic.gif?
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Aug 27 2013, 12:54 PM) *
Should I wait for Crispy's init turn to post an ic.gif?

probably safest, let's give everyone chance to post init and review the situation, before you put a truck through someone's plans biggrin.gif
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Aug 27 2013, 08:46 PM) *
probably safest, let's give everyone chance to post init and review the situation, before you put a truck through someone's plans biggrin.gif

Scary, it's like you read my mind...
Mach_Ten
waiting for Squiddy and spongebob Raiden biggrin.gif

no pressure, but ..... hurry up dammit smile.gif
BigGreenSquid
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Aug 28 2013, 07:26 AM) *
waiting for Squiddy and spongebob Raiden biggrin.gif

no pressure, but ..... hurry up dammit smile.gif

Sorry, I thought I was unloading... stuff (hooch?)
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (BigGreenSquid @ Sep 1 2013, 12:48 AM) *
Sorry, I thought I was unloading... stuff (hooch?)

no worries, I didn't think I was being subtle about the fact that your case didn't necessarily feel like it contained expensive vino.

only read the following if you intend to check in ic.gif and then post reactions etc.
[ Spoiler ]

.. if not we can move right along biggrin.gif
phlapjack77
So, are we waiting on someone? RL dragged someone into a pit?
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Sep 3 2013, 01:50 AM) *
So, are we waiting on someone? RL dragged someone into a pit?

Looks like LongShot is MIA.. I'll autopilot him to follow your orders for now,

Squiddy, I'll try and double time the encounter you are currently in and get to the RV with the others

INITIATIVE ORDER

Nova's Initiative -> 15 + 4 hits => 19 (4 IP)

Runner team init = 14 (2 passes)

Init for Crispy: 9 + 3 = 12, 2 passes

Spirit's Initiative -> 12 + 5 hits => 17 (2 IP, once materialized)

Nova is up and has the drop on her choice of targets
Thanee
The choice of targets being two guys, right?

One, who seemed to give orders to the other, is heading openly for the truck.
The other is heading over to the ferry and mostly a shadow.

Is that correct?

If I am not missing anything here, open fire (called shot for +4 DV) on the guy who is heading for the truck.

Ahh... what an amazing roll... 0 hits (Critical Glitch) -- Spend Edge to make it a regular Glitch

BTW, did he react somehow to the removal of his weapon's clip?

Bye
Thanee
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Thanee @ Sep 3 2013, 11:21 AM) *
The choice of targets being two guys, right?

One, who seemed to give orders to the other, is heading openly for the truck.
The other is heading over to the ferry and mostly a shadow.

Is that correct?

perfect
If I am not missing anything here, open fire (called shot for +4 DV) on the guy who is heading for the truck.

Ahh... what an amazing roll... 0 hits (Critical Glitch) -- Spend Edge to make it a regular Glitch

yikes biggrin.gif
BTW, did he react somehow to the removal of his weapon's clip?

not yet, ....... aaaaand ... NOW!
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Thanee @ Sep 3 2013, 06:21 PM) *

You just had to go and win the "worst roll" competition! biggrin.gif
Thanee
I still have a Simple Action left, BTW. Just waiting on the result of the Glitch. smile.gif

Oh, and how far away is Nova's target?

Bye
Thanee
Mach_Ten
so, on their go

Good guy 1 (walking to the bow doors and taking a spot out of the trucks path)
perception to spot missing magazine (5d6.hits(5) =0)

perception to hear "click" of gun fire and muttered russian swear words (5d6.hits(5) =2)

Simple action grab Radio and utter "FRAAAAAG ! THEY'RE ONTO US!!"
Simple Action : Short Wide Burst of DOOM ! (25d6.hits(5) =5)
Nova resist ZERO Damage seeing as he has no bullets frown.gif frown.gif
*CLICKY* *CLICK* *CLICKETY* *CLICKY* *CLICK* "shit"

Good guy 2 (sneaking up on Nova)

receives message, and panics diving for cover firing full auto suppressive fire
suppressive fire -4 for cover -4 for suppressive (3d6.hits(5) =0)
Critical Glitch empties his mag into the room overheating the barrel and jamming the weapon causing an explosion in his own face
resist crit glitch (8P) (15d6.hits(5) =6)
taking 2P
Good guy 3 & 4 (behind the Crispy Mobile)
also receives message and begins sprinting after the truck
sprinting (8d6.hits(5) =3)
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Thanee @ Sep 3 2013, 01:47 PM) *
I still have a Simple Action left, BTW. Just waiting on the result of the Glitch. smile.gif

Oh, and how far away is Nova's target?

the bullet is a misfire and takes a Simple action to extract and continue firing, in the meantime ... see above as shit happens frown.gif

Good guy one is about 20M from you

Good guy two was *sneaking* lol .. up behind you in the hummer but has had a bad day about 10M behind

where are you ?

use your remaining move action, you can get to one of the stair cases from the hummer or out into the wide open, with truck headlights lighting up the area soon
Thanee
LOL - we are rolling pretty good here... biggrin.gif

Is the spirit materialized already or does it materialize now?

Bye
Thanee
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Sep 3 2013, 08:51 PM) *
Good guy 1
Good guy 2
Good guy 3 & 4

<chanting>you're not going to make me feel guilty, you're not going to make me feel guilty...</chanting>
Thanee
Where am I?

Nova is out of the hummer, and in cover in the vehicle's vincinity towards the guy she oh so successfully tried to shoot (if there is nothing else, she will be behind the hummer).

She has her ruthenium stealth suit active and is or will soon be concealed by the spirit as well.

Anyways, my main goal was to prevent them to get Crispy unaware... and he should be alarmed now. biggrin.gif

Bye
Thanee
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Thanee @ Sep 3 2013, 02:06 PM) *
LOL - we are rolling pretty good here... biggrin.gif

Is the spirit materialized already or does it materialize now?

it's the way I like it, smile.gif

the Spirit is wherever you want it to be, you have the drop on them and can have that for free.

Longshot is going last and will be firing one handed out of the Hummer he has purloined and racing up behind the truck.
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Sep 3 2013, 02:30 PM) *
<chanting>you're not going to make me feel guilty, you're not going to make me feel guilty...</chanting>

but, they have babies to feed and nagging wives to avoid and loving grandparents that want to knit them sweaters for xmas, in fact, one of the Good Guys is wearing a rudolph sweater under his armor, from last year .... it sings "Jingle Bells" when you press rudolphs nose !
Thanee
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Sep 3 2013, 05:38 PM) *
the Spirit is wherever you want it to be, you have the drop on them and can have that for free.

Ok, then it was right next to Nova, concealing/guarding both her and itself and delaying for any upcoming hostility to quench.

Bye
Thanee
Raiden
sorry about that, what all did I miss! lol. longshot would have been in the hummer rummaging around most likely, probably looking for his heavy weapon... hehe.
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Raiden @ Sep 3 2013, 07:04 PM) *
sorry about that, what all did I miss! lol. longshot would have been in the hummer rummaging around most likely, probably looking for his heavy weapon... hehe.

Post initiative pal

And your hummer has been a taken by nova onto the other ship

You have grabbed a new vehicle and are behind crispy in his truck and in front of two angry guys with machine gun and flamer chasing you down

All racing to get OFF this sinking boat and onto the new one.

Mach_Ten
Crispy You're up ! smile.gif
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Sep 4 2013, 03:06 PM) *
You have grabbed a new vehicle and are behind crispy in his truck and in front of two angry guys with machine gun and flamer chasing you down

most important part by far: whatever you do, do NOT damage that flamethrower!!! biggrin.gif
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Sep 4 2013, 03:56 PM) *
Crispy You're up ! smile.gif

Question: ok, Crispy has one of the radios, and he heard the chatter about offing us (and the d-bag comment mad.gif)

Does he see the "good guys" running in his rearview mirror? If so, he'll try a little creative driving to smash him some bad guys good guys.

If he doesn't see them, he'll keep putting pedal to metal to get onto the other ship as quickly as he can. I'm trying to play it now with the comms problem affecting things, so he's nervous not having a good line of comms with his teammates.

Depending on your answer, I'll post up an ic.gif

(sidebar: I never knew how to do that ic.gif tag until just recently when I stole it from your post. The more you know...)
Raiden
10d6.hits(5)=3 13 int.

Pilot ground craft to hit some peeps? or get away. lol.

9d6.hits(5)=6 pilot ground craft test, VROOM VROOM MUTHER F@#&%&$R
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012