Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [OOC] Hijacked - LowInt ops
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30
Thanee
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dy6uLfermPU biggrin.gif

Bye
Thanee
Mach_Ten
am waiting on your IP 3/4 actions Thanee smile.gif

***EDIT***

IP 3
Nova - 18
LongShot - 12

IP 4 (what the hell?)
Nova - 18
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Thanee @ Aug 1 2013, 02:25 PM) *

Thanks for this, somehow I'd missed this skit and wasn't sure what ya'll were talking about smile.gif

QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Aug 1 2013, 03:46 PM) *
am waiting on your IP 3/4 actions Thanee smile.gif
NOW WHO'S THE CREEPER!??11!

oh wait...this is game related....carry on...
Raiden
so for my 3rd IP longshot will be shooting the angry spider cousin.
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Raiden @ Aug 1 2013, 04:37 PM) *
so for my 3rd IP longshot will be shooting the angry spider cousin.

okay same modifiers for visibility
but my defense goes up for better cover smile.gif

you see a shadow of movement beyond the vehicles as a person is dragged scrwaming into the smoke, he seems unable to fight back at this point, only able to scream in absolute terror
Raiden
so wide long burst followed by wide short burst.
14d6.hits(5)=3, 14d6.hits(5)=6
so 3 hits on the first shot with defender at -5 to dodge,
6 hits on second shot with defender at a total of -3 to dodge.
Thanee
Can we see the spiderthings that got the guard?

Bye
Thanee
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Thanee @ Aug 1 2013, 06:21 PM) *
Can we see the spiderthings that got the guard?

Perception at -3 ... Not that that means anything to you with your more pool than Deadpool ! wink.gif
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Raiden @ Aug 1 2013, 05:47 PM) *
so wide long burst followed by wide short burst.
14d6.hits(5)=3, 14d6.hits(5)=6
so 3 hits on the first shot with defender at -5 to dodge,
6 hits on second shot with defender at a total of -3 to dodge.

The first burst causes some damage to the already stricken vehicle, paint sparks and ricochets.

The second nets 3 hits and i get 2 hits on damage resist, theres a squeaaal of insect pain as something drags itself away from the man with the gun.

Thanee
Perception -> 5 hits

Bye
Thanee
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Thanee @ Aug 1 2013, 11:00 PM) *
Perception -> 5 hits

They are trying to stick to the dark corners and behind the smoke which doesn't seem to be worrying them too much ,

but as a cloud wafts overhead you catch a fleeting glimpse of a large arachnoid shape.

it's definately 8-legged, but it's carapace looks hard and chitinous like a very agile crab,

it rears upside down, clinging to the ceiling with its hind 4 legs and "spits" a hissing glob of fluid at some unseen target in the smoke.

then scuttles back into obscurity after whatever it hit.

phlapjack77
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Aug 2 2013, 03:54 PM) *
They are trying to stick to the dark corners and behind the smoke which doesn't seem to be worrying them too much ,

but as a cloud wafts overhead you catch a fleeting glimpse of a large arachnoid shape.

it's definately 8-legged, but it's carapace looks hard and chitinous like a very agile crab,

it rears upside down, clinging to the ceiling with its hind 4 legs and "spits" a hissing glob of fluid at some unseen target in the smoke.

then scuttles back into obscurity after whatever it hit.

Is it too early to start quoting Samuel Jackson? biggrin.gif
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Aug 2 2013, 08:59 AM) *
Is it too early to start quoting Samuel Jackson? biggrin.gif

SPIDERS .. on a Mutha-Fuggin' BOAT !

and that's MISTER Jackson, to you !
Thanee
Nova will head towards Longshot's position, then (still invisible).

She will notify her team-mates via comm, that she is moving.

Bye
Thanee
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Thanee @ Aug 2 2013, 04:21 PM) *

And all of us still are participating in the tacnet, so there shouldn't be surprises in terms of knowing where fellow teammates are.

although, who's to say that we can be level-headed enough to remember to check the tacnet when we're being attacked by mutha-drekkin' giant carnivorous paranormal spider-things...
Thanee
Better safe than sorry! biggrin.gif

Bye
Thanee
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Thanee @ Aug 2 2013, 09:21 AM) *

your movement is split up over your Init passes,

Nova and Crispy get as far as the door at the bottom of the stairs this combat turn,

Nova while still able to do 4 IP's worth of stuff, (Obviously women adepts are even Better at multi-tasking) smile.gif
does not make you able to move further unless, as I stated before, you want to make some sprinting and gymnastics tests over the tilted and uneven ground in the dark.

So, with that in mind you can peer into the room looking for spiders as a simple action for IP3 ... what's the rest of your actions please.
Mach_Ten
and while you do that, we can move back to the top,

Actually, on 5 hits on perception I'll give you a bit more info, first off you swear that one of the blighters is 'looking right at you!'
and secondly you see movement around air vents in the ceiling.

by the end of turn 2 IP3/4 you'll be able to move at normal speed and get to Longshot's position by going around vehicles and debris

The smoke is going to put a -2 on all actions unless you have some form of breathing apparatus etc. to negate the stinging eyes and cough in your throat

INIT ORDER

IP 1
Nova - 18
LongShot - 12
Crispy - 12
bad guys & Friends - 10
Thanee
Not doing anything, then. Only if I catch sight of one of the spiders, in which case, I will send some magic its way.

Bye
Thanee
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Thanee @ Aug 2 2013, 09:55 PM) *
Not doing anything, then. Only if I catch sight of one of the spiders, in which case, I will send some magic its way.

Okay, on your last IP and first IP you have a target, cast away

Thanee
Visibility Modifiers?

Bye
Thanee
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Thanee @ Aug 3 2013, 08:18 PM) *
Visibility Modifiers?

Bye
Thanee

standard -2.
Thanee
Ok.

IP 4

Nova casts Stunbolt on one of the spiderthings.

Stunbolt Force 7 -> 2 hits; no Drain

Resist with Willpower (and if it has something like that, Magic Resistance or Counterspelling).

0 hits: 9S damage
1 hit: 8S damage
2+ hits: 0 damage

Bye
Thanee
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Thanee @ Aug 4 2013, 07:12 AM) *
Ok.

IP 4

Nova casts Stunbolt on one of the spiderthings.

Stunbolt Force 7 -> 2 hits; no Drain

Resist with Willpower (and if it has something like that, Magic Resistance or Counterspelling).

0 hits: 9S damage
1 hit: 8S damage
2+ hits: 0 damage

Bye
Thanee

It resists with 2 hits, gives you a spidery finger gesture and scuttles off
Thanee
IP 1

Nova casts Stunbolt on another spiderthing. Not exactly stellar either, though. wink.gif

Stunbolt Force 9 -> 1 hit; no Drain (forgot to add the .hits(5) there)

0 hits: 10S damage
1+ hits: no damage

Bye
Thanee
phlapjack77
Crispy's turn will be to move towards Longshot's position, keeping his senses fully tuned for any approaching creepy-crawlies (Observe in Detail action). He might already have a bead on something, but he doesn't want to attract attention by firing unless it's obvious the spider-things have noticed him and are moving towards him (or maybe towards Longshot too).
Mach_Ten
sorry guys, been a tad tied up this last few days

you get into the room and look around, moving quickly towards the downed Longshot

I'm moving things along as it's apparent the spider things are getting shot to shit frown.gif

there's the sound of gunfire echoing down the stair case from where you just came, somewhere upstairs there's angry screaming and shooting.

You can't see anything in here though, until :

spidey gloop
Longshot dodge 5 hits
then Nova dodge 5 hits
then Crispy dodge 3 hits
(10d6.hits(5)=5, 10d6.hits(5)=5, 10d6.hits(5)=3)

if you don't dodge, it's 6S + net hits Willpower+armour resist
no elemental (fire etc.) helps in this

once that happens you can use held actions from IP1 to ...do stuff...
Raiden
those rolls are ridiculous haha

EDIT: I assume in my situation I can't do full dodge?
Thanee
I suppose Nova's invisibility does not help? smile.gif

Also, Ballistic or Impact Armor?

And +2 dodge for us being running, I suppose (Crispy and Nova, anyways).

Bye
Thanee
Raiden
if they did not resist it then its a -6. lol nice
Thanee
Well, they could be dual-natured...

Bye
Thanee
Raiden
hm, true enough
Mach_Ten
yes dual natured, yes to running, yes to impact not ballistic,

and finally no to full dodge BUT, the modifier for being pinned is replaced by a large amount of cover and concealment

so roll your normal roll pal
phlapjack77
Full dodge: 2 hits
...c'mon that sucked...
Edge rerolling failures: 1 hit
Total: 3 hits, so spider-things miss Crispy (I think)

well, the dice gods didn't hate me when Mach_Ten rolled against me, but they sure did hate me on the defense roll...18 dice, 3 hits

Crispy's running along, and when he goes to dodge he gets lucky and a slightly askew car helps take the brunt of the spider-thing webbing rather than Crispy. If that car hadn't been jostled by the explosion previously though...

That uses up his first IP, on his second IP he'll continue running and conserve ammo because he thinks he probably can't shoot straight at the moment. Hopefully Nova can watch his back smile.gif
Thanee
Ok, then I have a full 3 dice for dodging, I think. Hope my armor will hold up well enough. smile.gif

Dodge -> 2 hits

That leaves 9S to be resisted.

Willpower + Impact Armor -> 3 hits + Edge -> 1 hit = 4 hits (Wow, what a waste of Edge here... 11 dice : 1 hit)

Leaves 5S for Nova... ouch! smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Thanee
On her next turn, Nova will call her spirit and command it to protect her (using Concealment first and then searching and destroying those nasty spiderthings), while looking to run into total cover. smile.gif

Here's the spirit's initiative already...

Plant Spirit Force 9 Initiative (astral) -> Initiative 24 (3 IPs)

Bye
Thanee
Mach_Ten
redacted - your REA is only 3 ... thought you had more smile.gif

I'll post proper in a minute... boss is suddenly watching
Thanee
I can increase my Reaction, but currently Intuition and Reflexes are increased.

Bye
Thanee
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Thanee @ Aug 7 2013, 11:48 AM) *
I can increase my Reaction, but currently Intuition and Reflexes are increased.

gotcha, so spirit is using concealment power on you this turn, and you are diving for cover with Crispy

not far to longshot, you can see things moving in the smoke, they seem to be converging from all angles onto his position, maybe five or more of them ?

the fire has been extinguished by the mechanism in the engine, and the smoke looks to be escaping out of the hole in the side of the ship. still not clear but getting better

-1 to all actions currently not -2.

looking up at the ceiling with his observe in detail action, Crispy can see humanoid looking forms up there but can't make out any features.
Thanee
Actually, I think the spirit has to be physical to use concealment, so it will have to materialize first. On the plus side, it will then work on physical and astral plane... those -9 should keep us pretty safe.

So, primary goal for the next IP is to find the fullest cover available to not get another attack like that, while commanding the spirit, who will just materialize and then use Concealment on the next IP. smile.gif

Oh, and Nova will drop the invisibility spell... as it does not seem to do much if anything here.

Bye
Thanee
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Thanee @ Aug 7 2013, 12:23 PM) *
Oh, and Nova will drop the invisibility spell... as it does not seem to do much if anything here.

that is your choice of course, just so you know and don't hold it against me when I remind you there are men with guns also devil.gif
Raiden
7d6.hits(5)=3
so resisting 8s with will+half impact.
5+9=14
14d6.hits(5)=4
edge to reroll failed 10d6.hits(5)=3 1 stun
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Thanee @ Aug 7 2013, 06:12 PM) *
On her next turn, Nova will call her spirit and command it to protect her
and me and me!! <jumps in the air waving his hands>

QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Aug 7 2013, 06:41 PM) *
I'll post proper in a minute... boss is suddenly watching
rotfl.gif - because I know that feel

QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Aug 7 2013, 07:11 PM) *
looking up at the ceiling with his observe in detail action, Crispy can see humanoid looking forms up there but can't make out any features.
dead.gif
Thanee
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Aug 7 2013, 05:34 PM) *

Yeah, that's the plan (didn't I write "us"? might have to check back...). smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Thanee
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Aug 7 2013, 04:35 PM) *
that is your choice of course, just so you know and don't hold it against me when I remind you there are men with guns also devil.gif

I know. But the -2 hurts, too. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Mach_Ten
well I'm done skittering on the ceiling and screaming and shooting guns randomly at shodows.. and screaming .. did I say screaming ?

guess it must be IP 2

carry on biggrin.gif
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Aug 7 2013, 04:34 PM) *

you are making yourself more of a target you say ? devil.gif
Thanee
I think my IP2 will be the one where Nova commands the spirit and it materializes.

Bye
Thanee
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Thanee @ Aug 8 2013, 05:32 PM) *
I think my IP2 will be the one where Nova commands the spirit and it materializes.

okay, boys you are up
Raiden
firing at the thing that spit at me. wide long and wide narrow.
15d6.hits(5)=8, so 8p base + net hits at ap-2 -5 to defenders dodge for wide
15d6.hits(5)=5 same as above cept -3 to defenders dodge.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012