Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [OOC] Hijacked - LowInt ops
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30
Raiden
9d6.hits(5)=3 roll for the perception. 4+4-2+3
Thanee
This seems to be the night where everything possible goes wrong. biggrin.gif

Heh.

Is there any place in the office, where Nova could hide for a second (to turn invisible)?

Bye
Thanee
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Thanee @ Jul 4 2013, 10:26 PM) *
This seems to be the night where everything possible goes wrong. biggrin.gif

Heh.

Is there any place in the office, where Nova could hide for a second (to turn invisible)?

If only there was a friendly Police patrol to fend off the nasty bikers biggrin.gif
There's a rest room if you're quick, poor Pete is going to think he has imagined you !

But be aware that the ghostly door opening might cause distress,
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Jul 4 2013, 11:19 PM) *
perception check -2 for the vehicle occupants please !

Perception: 8d6 = 1 hit
Crispy isn't paying as much attention as he should at the moment...
Raiden
I have the urge to do something realllllyyyyy dumb lol
phlapjack77
Dumber than crossing back into Crispy's side of the vehicle? Cuz that would be pretty dumb biggrin.gif
Raiden
considering he would have done that about 3 times already lol. rotfl.gif
Thanee
Summon Plant Spirit F5 -> 2 Services, 1S Drain (Optional Power: Noxious Breath)
Improved Invisibility F5 -> 5 Hits, no Drain

Bye
Thanee
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Raiden @ Jul 5 2013, 01:18 PM) *
considering he would have done that about 3 times already lol. rotfl.gif

aw hell no!

QUOTE (Thanee @ Jul 5 2013, 03:15 PM) *
Summon Plant Spirit F5 -> 2 Services, 1S Drain (Optional Power: Noxious Breath)
Improved Invisibility F5 -> 5 Hits, no Drain

drek just got real
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Jul 5 2013, 08:23 AM) *
aw hell no!

drek just got real

I guess indeed it did,

Longshot's perception is the only one that picks up a hint that they may have an assortment of weapons, only small arms though.
and mostly holstered or slung at this point (They have only just gotten off their Hawgs!)

@ Thanee, just for my IC .. Summoned spirits do not immediately Manifest do they ?
Thanee
No, spirit arrives astrally, when summoned.

Bye
Thanee
Mach_Ten
initiative all round please (not incombat yet, more for my info so I can see what happens & when)

@Thanee, ta, roll your infiltration please, I'll add bonus dice to my perception for the squeaky door,

Thanee
He will have a good chance to hear the door, I guess... but at least he won't see Nova coming, heh. smile.gif

Infiltration -> 1 hit

Initiative (Nova) -> 12 + 6 hits = 18 (1 IP)
Initiative (Spirit, astral) -> 10 + 3 hits = 13 (3 IP)

Bye
Thanee
Thanee
The spirit will head outside, look for a decent hiding spot nearby (probably behind some car), materialize and use Concealment (and Guard, Magical Guard, just because there is no reason not to). Then use Fear and Noxious Breath to scatter the gangers.

Bye
Thanee
phlapjack77
Crispy:
Initiative: 9 + 5 hits = 14
Mach_Ten
I'll wait for Longshot's and Brians (?) initiative

then this is the final positions for further actions

the only cover the spirit had was to materialize where the police tried to drag Nova, near the Humvee,
it can use it's noxious power on the first IP of the first CT to try and disperse.

the other guys do not know of it's prescence yet I am guessing so need to act without that knowledge.
Thanee
Correct, though Nova told them to hold and let her try to scare them...

What I don't quite understand... the Hummer on the other side of the place is the only cover?

That place must be smaller than I thought it is. biggrin.gif

Anyways... the spirit has orders and will follow them. That should keep the gangers busy. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Thanee @ Jul 5 2013, 11:45 AM) *
What I don't quite understand... the Hummer on the other side of the place is the only cover?

That place must be smaller than I thought it is. biggrin.gif

THIS AMAZING ARTWORK should help

it's a dockside carpark, there is little in the way of street furniture other than street lights and a few parked cars...

**EDIT***

also waiting for IC responses before we see if Johnny's drug addled brain can comprehend the voices in his head vs the voices Outside his head

this could go... any number of ways devil.gif
Thanee
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Jul 5 2013, 01:05 PM) *

Yep, it does. Thank you! smile.gif

However, it does not help me understand why there is not much cover... there are trees/bushes everywhere (an obvious choice for a plant spirit), for example. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Thanee
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Jul 5 2013, 01:05 PM) *
this could go... any number of ways devil.gif

We will see what happens... but even if Nova has to put him down (well, to sleep), his dad might still want to negotiate about it. wink.gif

Bye
Thanee
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Thanee @ Jul 5 2013, 12:14 PM) *
However, it does not help me understand why there is not much cover... there are trees/bushes everywhere (an obvious choice for a plant spirit), for example. smile.gif

the "green" to the south is scrub with low brush and a few lights,

the green between the hummer and that building is more over grown and there's less light, it seems a more optimal place for an ambush, and also by the time it was summoned and commanded the bikers outside were well on their way towards the Hummer,

it plays to your advantage as well, driving them from the darkness back towards their own vehicles rather than away from them and towards a hummer they might try to jack to escape.

not trying to railroad, just seemed the most optimal plan, from a spirits perspective smile.gif
Mach_Ten
Just for Info : I'm on holiday in Scotland from today.

I'm expecting my connectivity to be quite sporadic, so keep it going between yourselves and I'll post when I scan a stray signal or two smile.gif
Thanee
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Jul 5 2013, 01:18 PM) *
not trying to railroad, just seemed the most optimal plan, from a spirits perspective smile.gif

Ok. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Raiden
11d6.hits(5)=5 so int total of 16
Raiden
At this point just showing two guys in full miltech suits would probably scare them away. lol
phlapjack77
I'm thinking of some kind of "classic" intimidation, where we roll the windows down and get them really close, then shove our guns in their faces. There's easier prey out there for them...
Thanee
QUOTE (Raiden @ Jul 5 2013, 06:09 PM) *
At this point just showing two guys in full miltech suits would probably scare them away. lol

Just you with the military armor.

Bye
Thanee
Raiden
hm, thought crispy had some on too. well at he very least my helmet is off lol.
Thanee
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Jul 3 2013, 10:00 AM) *
And unless you're talking about Longshot, Crispy doesn't have any kind of mil-spec armor - he's got a pretty snazzy armored jacket, but that's about it biggrin.gif

Bye
Thanee

Raiden
missed that, my B
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Jul 5 2013, 07:26 PM) *
Just for Info : I'm on holiday in Scotland from today.

I'm expecting my connectivity to be quite sporadic, so keep it going between yourselves and I'll post when I scan a stray signal or two smile.gif

OH, and hey, have a great time! smile.gif
Raiden
please refer to the above post and its contents ^
Mach_Ten
*****INITIATIVE ORDER*****

IP -1
Nova (18)
Longshot (16)
Crispy (14)
Spirit (13)
Gangers (6)

IP - 2
Longshot (16)
Crispy (14)
Spirit (13)
Gangers (6)

IP - 3
Longshot (16)
Spirit (13)

yes the gangers are on an assortment of drugs (Cram, Jazz etc.) that give effective extra IP's but they almost glitched the INIT roll so are going laaaast ! frown.gif

The first action that sparks all this is JOHNNY !
who is waving a compact machine pistol around at shadows and putting holes in stuff that he thinks is trying to seduce him in the sultry Russian voice of SATAN HERSELF !

aaaand off we go, I'm making an EDGE roll for him, if he gets Lucky, then he is suppressing Nova with a full auto burst

QUOTE (SR4A p154)
Any character that is currently in the suppressed area (but not
behind cover or prone), or who moves into or out of the area before the
shooter’s next Action Phase, risks catching some flying lead. That character
must make a Reaction + Edge Test (+ Dodge if on full defense)
with a threshold equal to Net Hits

which you can completely ignore as he CRITICAL Glitches the Edge Roll

2d6.hits(5)=0

ic.gif to follow, where he takes out the mechanical Troll Pirate in a fit of rage that the thing has such a sexy voice (in his head)

@Thanee : Start us off with NOVA personal actions please, and if you wish your spirit, but they won't happen until the others say "BOO" to their special friends
phlapjack77
"Goddammit who's firing!?"

(dimly heard in the background) "Duh dun duh dun duh dunh!!"
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Jul 5 2013, 06:26 PM) *
"Goddammit who's firing!?"

(dimly heard in the background) "Duh dun duh dun duh dunh!!"

was that wascally wabbit !
Thanee
The Spirit's actions are pretty simple... 1: Materialize, 2: Conceal. Loses 3rd IP, because it materializes.

Bye
Thanee
Thanee
Nova attacks Johnny in melee, using a Called Shot for +4 DV.

Unarmed Combat -> 3 hits with 9S Base DV plus electricity

Bye
Thanee
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Thanee @ Jul 5 2013, 08:43 PM) *
Nova attacks Johnny in melee, using a Called Shot for +4 DV.

Unarmed Combat -> 3 hits with 9S Base DV plus electricity

Body check - Johnny
(5d6.hits(5)=3)

Balls ... he goes down like a ten dollar hook.... well you get the idea

Perception check while you look at his unconscious form,

Next actions please
Thanee
Perception -> 7 hits

Bye
Thanee
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Thanee @ Jul 5 2013, 10:41 PM) *
Perception -> 7 hits

Bye
Thanee

Woohoo ... Internets ! Yay

You spot johnny slump in a heap a trickle of blood the only indication you caused physical hurt

You hear the gangers muttering outside, swearing and cursing, they seem to think johnny has gone mad and killed the old man having not seen you.

You see Pete slumped on the floor clutching at a growing red stain on his shirt and a sticky trail down the wall he is using as support.

Still need actions or holding from the others please
phlapjack77
Crispy - holding to see if gangers approach "too" close to the humvee - the held action will be to roll down the window just enough to try to get their attention and get them to come to the partially open window, then shove the barrel of a heavy pistol in their face and intimidate them into leaving the vehicle alone.
Raiden
basically the same as crispy. but if they get to close Ima pop one of em.
Mach_Ten

*****INITIATIVE ORDER*****

IP -1
Nova (18)
Longshot (16)
Crispy (14)
Spirit (13)
Gangers (6)

IP - 2
Longshot (16)
Crispy (14)
Spirit (13)
Gangers (6)

IP - 3
Longshot (16)

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
On their go, the FOUR that left the cafe, recover their wits and head over to their bikes.

The remainder near the humveewander closer, Crispy and Longshot see they are lightly armed with small arms and have an assortment of tire irons in hand as they get closer.

The spirit, seeing no need to conceal itself in this dense and dark corner of floiage uses its power, (i believe from reading it last week, that it affects TWO targets). I'm not going to risk my already wonky connection by going off to roll dice unecessarily, it manages to fill their drug addled brains with the fear of TREES and they run screaming "it's in the treeees maaan! Get outta here!"
Meanwhile the FOUR left, advance on the vehicle laughing their asses off at their chummers, who look to be on a real bad trip.

Invoking the held actions, go for it. Tell me what the resist is for whatever you do as i can't look it up
I'll try and IC now, but it may have to wait until sunday.

Inside the building, Nova has seen Pete (metahuman) and Pete (robot) catching stray bullets as Johnny sprays wild. On your amazing perception lets say you notice the Doc Wagon bracelet with the Vashon Ferries corp logo embossed flashing red on his wrist.

Post 'em up !

Raiden
Longshot fires his pistol at the first ganger to come into arms reach of the humvee.
17d6.hits(5)=8 8 hits. for a total of 14 stun damage resisted with impact armor +2
if the ganger drops or is smart enough to run away then he fires a second shot at the next closest ganger. If the ganger he just shot at keeps coming he fires at him once again.
17d6.hits(5)=6 6 hits = 12 stun damage resisted with impact armor +2 after firing he yells Get outa here ya little runts a fore you guys get hurt for real!
intimidation check. 7d6 7d6.hits(5)=3 hits.
phlapjack77
Intimidate: Chr(3) + Skill(2) = 2 hits
Mach_Ten
First one catches a face full of stun and slumps into the undergrowth.

The second is badly winded but saved by his overly padded jacket.

Theres some waving of weapons but no shots returned as they retreat to their bikes shouting obscenities
Thanee
When Nova's next turn comes up, she will immediately heal poor old Pete.

Bye
Thanee
Raiden
good, they saw the reasoning behind Longshots point... good for them. lol :3
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Raiden @ Jul 12 2013, 05:11 PM) *
good, they saw the reasoning behind Longshots point... good for them. lol :3

Yup, combat for you is effectively over,

@ Thanee, post a healing roll for me his Body is 3 and essence is 6 if it is needed, no augments or awakened.

the gang are retreating to their vehicles, some faster than others... You know their leader is down.. I wonder how long before they realize he's not coming out biggrin.gif

@ Raiden & PhlapJack, let me know any follow up you have as the Ferry swings into full view and makes it's approach to port.
Thanee
Dropping the Invisibility when casting Heal on Pete.

Heal F5 -> 5 hits

Does he have 8 boxes of physical damage or less?

Bye
Thanee
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012