Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [OOC] Hijacked - LowInt ops
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30
LordArcana
QUOTE (Raiden @ Nov 7 2013, 03:38 PM) *
OKAY, guys, which of these fabulous characters would you guys like to see wink.gif

the boring kitted out HW merc.

the pacifist christian theurgy mage that somehow got himself wrapped up in the merc life!

Gremlin- the gnome rigger with an attitude!

or Hax- the gunslingin hacker!

Well if you are asking.... i would say we don't have a hacker so there is always a potential need for one... BUT since we are currently being swarmed by giant locusts.... anything that can tactical nuke an area would be great smile.gif
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (LordArcana @ Nov 7 2013, 08:48 PM) *
Well if you are asking.... i would say we don't have a hacker so there is always a potential need for one... BUT since we are currently being swarmed by giant locusts.... anything that can tactical nuke an area would be great smile.gif

if you are going hacker, go hacker-lite

I really don't have anything in the game to challenge a hacker 100%,

the whole idea, well, my interpretation of "Low Intensity" is running without the need for covering all the bases.

every class has an equal opportunity to be digested ! biggrin.gif
Raiden
so the HW merc.. I have a picture of him forming now.. mwhwhaha. or the mage then. for the sake of non slowing down I have to forgo the rigger as I know the least about the rules for them frown.gif
Thanee
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Nov 7 2013, 02:39 PM) *
Nova the beasties don't seem to be making any effort to get to you in astral
though you THINK they could easily make the leap, there are easier pickings on the floor.

Well, I can fly high enough so they won't... but yeah, those astral bodies ain't very meaty. wink.gif

Bye
Thanee
Thanee
IP2: Fly a little higher, just in case... and Stun Bolt on the next one (can't really do much else here).

Stun Bolt F9 -> 3 hits; no Drain

Bye
Thanee
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Thanee @ Nov 7 2013, 10:15 PM) *
IP2: Fly a little higher, just in case... and Stun Bolt on the next one (can't really do much else here).

Theres three distinct groups to choose,
On the locals,
Surrounding the hummer
Or milling around on other bodies,

Which do you prefer?
Thanee
Ah well... I will help the locals, they are getting the worst of those critters right now.

Bye
Thanee
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Nov 7 2013, 11:07 PM) *
Pilot Groundcraft
-2 for not being in direct control

I'll see how that goes before any terrain and ... other ... modifiers devil.gif

Crispy'll follow Murphy's suggestion and try to swing the humvee around to where the local's truck is, maybe pulling an "Aliens" and squishing a few bugs along the way smile.gif

(rolled with Edge up-front since my dp was so small)
8d6.hitsopen(5,6) → [3,[6, 5],4,3,5,1,4,5] = (4) hits
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Raiden @ Nov 8 2013, 04:38 AM) *
Gremlin- the gnome rigger with an attitude!

I'd vote for this char, with less attitude - already have one cocky sum-bitch on the team! wink.gif
LordArcana
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Nov 7 2013, 06:34 PM) *
I'd vote for this char, with less attitude - already have one cocky sum-bitch on the team! wink.gif

Isn't that true! Nova's attitude is just WAY over the top! wink.gif
phlapjack77
Hehe - glad someone was able to read between the lines biggrin.gif
Mach_Ten
well, Shotguns are officially crap vs big bugs
Hill-billies - Shooting (10d6.hits(5) =4, 10d6.hits(5) =3, 10d6.hits(5) =3, 10d6.hits(5) =5, 10d6.hits(5) =4, 10d6.hits(5) =2, 10d6.hits(5) =3, 10d6.hits(5) =3)
vs
bugs resistin' 5P + hits (12d6.hits(5) =3, 12d6.hits(5) =2, 12d6.hits(5) =5, 12d6.hits(5) =4, 12d6.hits(5) =5, 12d6.hits(5) =3, 12d6.hits(5) =2, 12d6.hits(5) =5)

there's some bits of carapace blasted but not a lot of damage,

they will also be out of ammo until turn 2 pass 2.

back round again as Nova has a third pass, I presume she mind blasts another one biggrin.gif

I'll add an IC as bugs fly from the bushes and land surrounding the vehicles

hummer resist mines 'asplodin' 20P reduced by range and drive roll
(20d6.hits(5) =12)

Crispy got 4 hits so damage is reduced to 16P
resulting in 4P to the front of the hummer

occupants

roll REA minus 2 (if you are not astral)
then
resist 4P minus net hits from REA
you get the benefit of the vehicles extra 8 armor on top of your own impact armor
no AP.

before I get a million PM's about how it should work, I get that it's probably not 100% how the book has it,
it's cinematic !!

so nerr nerr neh nerr nerr ! biggrin.gif

PASS THREE AWAY

Thanee
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Nov 8 2013, 11:29 AM) *
back round again as Nova has a third pass, I presume she mind blasts another one biggrin.gif

Yep. Her Options are a little thin there. smile.gif

Plus... it works. biggrin.gif

Bye
Thanee
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Thanee @ Nov 8 2013, 12:39 PM) *
Yep. Her Options are a little thin there. smile.gif

Plus... it works. biggrin.gif

I just wanted to get in there in ic.gif that you are aware your physical body is taking a battering.

and that the odds are slowly stacking against you ...

you have 4 passes in Astral btw ?

if so, I think we're nearly done,

post that and IP 1 of round 2, then the bugs can go .

the rest of team can put up what you want to do in the next round
Raiden
so, gemlin is out, do we want the merc that likes things big and loud (WOOOOOOO MISSILE LAUNCHERS!!!!))))

or the mage wink.gif
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Nov 8 2013, 06:29 PM) *
roll REA minus 2 (if you are not astral)
then
resist 4P minus net hits from REA
you get the benefit of the vehicles extra 8 armor on top of your own impact armor
no AP.

REA: 1 hit
Resist 3P: 8 vehicle armor + 7 impact armor + 5 Body = 10 hits

QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Nov 8 2013, 09:01 PM) *
the rest of team can put up what you want to do in the next round

Hmmm...humvee has sputtered and died, Crispy's stuck inside with the enemy all around...hope he doesn't have to go out like Gorman smile.gif

Quick "memory" check: 4 hits
I think that's good enough for Crispy to remember that the bugs seemed to really dislike the bright lights? Makes sense too, they're out at night...

So he'll ready some flashbangs to toss if he feels like he needs to get out of the vehicle or to help people out as he sees fit...
Thanee
Only 3 IP in Astral.

And yeah, I'm certainly aware, that she is still in the hummer. But from in there, I cannot really do much, so...

Bye
Thanee
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Nov 8 2013, 02:38 PM) *
REA: 1 hit
Resist 3P: 8 vehicle armor + 7 impact armor + 5 Body = 10 hits

you land on Nova as the airbags deploy
Hmmm...humvee has sputtered and died, Crispy's stuck inside with the enemy all around...hope he doesn't have to go out like Gorman smile.gif

it may yet live, with some encouragement smile.gif
Quick "memory" check: 4 hits
I think that's good enough for Crispy to remember that the bugs seemed to really dislike the bright lights? Makes sense to, they're out at night...

So he'll ready some flashbangs to toss if he feels like he needs to get out of the vehicle or to help people out as he sees fit...

perfect,
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Thanee @ Nov 8 2013, 02:40 PM) *
Only 3 IP in Astral.

And yeah, I'm certainly aware, that she is still in the hummer. But from in there, I cannot really do much, so...

back to the top for Pass 1, round 2

Thanee post away, same for everyone else.
I'll add bugs and hillbillies in accordingly, in some kind of Deliverance meets Starship Troopers mish-mash of awesomeness
LordArcana
HEY! Where is that detailed battle map you promised us the other day? nyahnyah.gif
LordArcana
IP-1: Round 2

Aiming for a bug on or near Pa. Take Aim as a free action. If the first shot drops the critter then next shot will be at a different critter, closest to one of the locals.

First Shot (Short Narrow Burst): First Shot (aimed) (19d6.hits(5)=7) Oppose 7 hits; Resist 9P+net hits (-2AP)

Second Shot (Short Narrow Burst): Second Shot (18d6.hits(5)=9) Oppose 9 hits; Resist 9P+net hits (-2AP)
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (LordArcana @ Nov 8 2013, 04:22 PM) *
IP-1: Round 2

Aiming for a bug on or near Pa. Take Aim as a free action. If the first shot drops the critter then next shot will be at a different critter, closest to one of the locals.

First Shot (Short Narrow Burst): First Shot (aimed) (19d6.hits(5)=7) Oppose 7 hits; Resist 9P+net hits (-2AP)

Second Shot (Short Narrow Burst): Second Shot (18d6.hits(5)=9) Oppose 9 hits; Resist 9P+net hits (-2AP)

each shot is enough to obliterate a bug,

Two down, more... many more .. to go biggrin.gif
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (LordArcana @ Nov 8 2013, 04:01 PM) *
HEY! Where is that detailed battle map you promised us the other day? nyahnyah.gif

YOU MEAN THIS ONE ?
LordArcana
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Nov 8 2013, 01:32 PM) *

OMG i love the "Half of Sanchez" smile.gif
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (LordArcana @ Nov 8 2013, 06:33 PM) *
OMG i love the "Half of Sanchez" smile.gif

I'm half tempted to have him rescued by a mad scientist and be made better, faster, stronger (For Science!) and bring him in as a main end of level boss ! biggrin.gif

Him, Brian, Longshot AND Stitch ! ... omg I just had a necro-gasm !
Thanee
Nova will command her spirit to materialize and attack the bugs with fiery anger (keeping our vehicle clear of them).

The spirit will then materialize near the hummer (going down to 2 IP / turn).

Bye
Thanee
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Nov 9 2013, 02:48 AM) *
I'm half tempted to have him rescued by a mad scientist and be made better, faster, stronger (For Science!) and bring him in as a main end of level boss ! biggrin.gif

Him, Brian, Longshot AND Stitch ! ... omg I just had a necro-gasm !

Stitched together into one voltron-y nightmare! That would be so cool smile.gif
Raiden
I second that,
Mach_Ten
Okay, my locusts converge on the vehicles and have gone mad

They seem to be "consuming" both trucks,

I think you've all made parazoology tests so can guess they are feeding off the inorganic material,
As an insect spirit locust power.

Crispy, the back of the hummer takes a further 4 damage, as they consume the tyres and rear fender before getting onto the structure.
Along with the explosion damage, you owe ricoh a new toy!

Same for the other truck, they dont seem bothered by their fallen comrades, just with eating

More bugs appear in the tree line, looking hungry!

I'm gonna use my pc later to roll some attacks on the newly materialised spirit, who is deemed a threat.
There will be two of them
So it can roll to dodge and resist

Same on Murphy,

Going house hunting, so posting later,
Thanee
Block -> 7 hits
Immunity to Normal Weapons => 16 Hardened Armor
Damage Resistance -> Body + Immunity to Normal Weapons 2+4 hits

Block -> 8 hits
Damage Resistance -> Body + Immunity to Normal Weapons 2+5 hits

Bye
Thanee
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Thanee @ Nov 9 2013, 01:06 PM) *
Block -> 7 hits
Damage Resistance -> Body + Immunity to Normal Weapons 2+4 hits

Block -> 8 hits
Damage Resistance -> Body + Immunity to Normal Weapons 2+5 hits

okay fine, I'm not rolling more dice than you got hits, Grrrr
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Nov 9 2013, 07:15 PM) *
Crispy, the back of the hummer takes a further 4 damage, as they consume the tyres and rear fender before getting onto the structure.
Artemis noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! You'll be avenged!
LordArcana
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Nov 9 2013, 06:15 AM) *
Okay, my locusts converge on the vehicles and have gone mad

They seem to be "consuming" both trucks,

I think you've all made parazoology tests so can guess they are feeding off the inorganic material,
As an insect spirit locust power.

Same for the other truck, they dont seem bothered by their fallen comrades, just with eating

More bugs appear in the tree line, looking hungry!

I'm gonna use my pc later to roll some attacks on the newly materialised spirit, who is deemed a threat.
There will be two of them
So it can roll to dodge and resist

Same on Murphy,

Going house hunting, so posting later,

Crap sorry i missed this earlier. So i need to make two block tests?
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (LordArcana @ Nov 9 2013, 05:25 PM) *
Crap sorry i missed this earlier. So i need to make two block tests?

2 attacks on spirit,
(11d6.hits(5) =1, 11d6.hits(5) =4,

2 on Murphy
11d6.hits(5) =4,
11d6.hits(5) =5)

Damage is 4P, bite attack

LordArcana
2 on Murphy
11d6.hits(5) =4,
11d6.hits(5) =5)

Damage is 4P, bite attack

Attempts to block bite attacks: Unarmed combat Block against spirits (12d6.hits(5)=2, 12d6.hits(5)=4)

So that makes the damage 6P for the first and 1P for the second right?

Damage Resist: Damage Resist: Impact(14) + Body(5) = 19DP (19d6.hits(5)=4, 19d6.hits(5)=7)

So i take 2P from the first attack (reduced to 1P from platelet factories).
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (LordArcana @ Nov 9 2013, 06:04 PM) *
Attempts to block bite attacks: Unarmed combat Block against spirits (12d6.hits(5)=2, 12d6.hits(5)=4)

So that makes the damage 6P for the first and 1P for the second right?

Damage Resist: Damage Resist: Impact(14) + Body(5) = 19DP (19d6.hits(5)=4, 19d6.hits(5)=7)

So i take 2P from the first attack (reduced to 1P from platelet factories).

1S actually, your armor is higher than my physical damage, so, you get a bruised wrist from twisting it out of it's jaws ...

till I start eating your armor instead that is smile.gif
LordArcana
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Nov 9 2013, 02:17 PM) *
1S actually, your armor is higher than my physical damage, so, you get a bruised wrist from twisting it out of it's jaws ...

till I start eating your armor instead that is smile.gif

Yup... that's what i meant. Good catch... thanks for keeping me honest smile.gif

As for eating the armor thing... oh i have a plan for that already smile.gif
Raiden
I say feed it someones helmet w/ a bunch of frag grenades hidden inside nyahnyah.gif
Thanee
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Nov 9 2013, 03:44 PM) *
okay fine, I'm not rolling more dice than you got hits, Grrrr

Yeah, that spirit is quite nasty in melee.

I'm assuming regular physical attacks (non-magical) here, of course... if they have magical attacks (not very likely, but who knows), the Immunity to Normal Weapons would not count, which is why I rolled those seperately. And they could attack in astral space also, technically at least, since they are dual-natured (as is the materialized spirit).

But yeah, 19 dice for blocking certainly isn't easy to get past... and if they do, they get to learn, that hitting a column of fire is not such a good idea. wink.gif

Bye
Thanee
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Thanee @ Nov 10 2013, 12:54 AM) *
Yeah, that spirit is quite nasty in melee.

I'm assuming regular physical attacks (non-magical) here, of course... if they have magical attacks (not very likely, but who knows), the Immunity to Normal Weapons would not count, which is why I rolled those seperately. And they could attack in astral space also, technically at least, since they are dual-natured (as is the materialized spirit).

But yeah, 19 dice for blocking certainly isn't easy to get past... and if they do, they get to learn, that hitting a column of fire is not such a good idea. wink.gif

Bye
Thanee

I had considered it, but they are a swarm of bugs and as such i thought theyd just go for the food, as the book describes them.

You don't need to roll perception to see more inbound from your vantage point high up.

Mach_Ten
Murphy and Crispy are up
LordArcana
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Nov 11 2013, 06:06 AM) *
Murphy and Crispy are up

Sorry i'm late today. The kid was off from school so we spent the morning putting the plow on the RZR getting ready for the snow. Its a whole hell of a lot easier with the kids help than it was doing it by myself last year smile.gif

Anyway... quick questions. Last IP two came in and tried to bite me, but more are moving in to the area. Are they surrounding me yet or just both in front of me?

What i was thinking if its possible is to spend a simple action to step back about 5 meters then launching a frag grenade above the creatures and behind aiming for a spot about 6-7 meters from me (1-2 meters from the critters). i know that puts me in the tail end of the blast range hoping i can resist it. But it should be one hell of a show for crispy to see smile.gif
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (LordArcana @ Nov 11 2013, 05:41 PM) *
Sorry i'm late today. The kid was off from school so we spent the morning putting the plow on the RZR getting ready for the snow. Its a whole hell of a lot easier with the kids help than it was doing it by myself last year smile.gif

Anyway... quick questions. Last IP two came in and tried to bite me, but more are moving in to the area. Are they surrounding me yet or just both in front of me?

What i was thinking if its possible is to spend a simple action to step back about 5 meters then launching a frag grenade above the creatures and behind aiming for a spot about 6-7 meters from me (1-2 meters from the critters). i know that puts me in the tail end of the blast range hoping i can resist it. But it should be one hell of a show for crispy to see smile.gif

no worries, we are happily slowing the posting to a reasonable level before my brain imploded nyahnyah.gif

it may possibly get the other people as well, not massively but enough to get their attention

but yes, entirely possible to do ..

from where you are currently you can only see the ones near you, Nova is high up and with the benefit of astral vision can see their dual nature very easily.

that may change momentarily, but She gets a go before they do !

the crunching and screaming of metal and alloy being "Eaten" for want of a better word is very loud and you have enough time to see them devouring your hummer with all the ammo and explosives in it ... as well as the hillbillies truck, although that one less so due to the number of dead critters already.
LordArcana
Ok then that is what i will do.

Grenade Attack: Fragmentation Grenade Attack (10d6.hits(5)=1) Oh that just sucks my balls!

Direction: Direction (1d6=6) = Ahead and to the left

Distance: Distance: Come on 1 or 2! (1d6=1) EXCELLENT!

Result: So the shot was a poor one but in the end the grenade ballparks where I wanted it. Over the critters heads and behind them by two meters.

Resist 10P (+2AP) (12P at point blank -1/meter for any other critters caught in the blast.) I have to resist 5P being 7 meters away.

My Resist: Grenade Damage Resist: Impact(14) + Body(5) + (+2AP) (21d6.hits(5)=7) Take no damage smile.gif

phlapjack77
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Nov 11 2013, 07:06 PM) *
Murphy and Crispy are up

Crispy'll try to get the hummer started again, even though it's probably a hopeless case. Not sure if / what I'd need to roll for that...

Depending on how long that takes, his next action he'll exit the vehicle with the intent of throwing a flashbang and then using his rifle, staying near the humvee to protect Nova's meatbody.
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Nov 12 2013, 12:24 AM) *
Crispy'll try to get the hummer started again, even though it's probably a hopeless case. Not sure if / what I'd need to roll for that...

Depending on how long that takes, his next action he'll exit the vehicle with the intent of throwing a flashbang and then using his rifle, staying near the humvee to protect Nova's meatbody.

it's a dead duck! .. no need for an action,
If anyone has seen the latest "The Day the Earth Stood Still"
where towards the end, everything just starts disintegrating ? ... well imagine that just in slow motion,
the rear half of the hummer is just eaten away, as is any gear that was there.

feel free to exit and begin shooting things.

phlapjack77
Cool - he's exiting the vehicle on a side that puts as much truck between him and the locusts, if that's at all possible. Then he'll toss his bangsnap flash-bang grenade at a convenient pocket of locusts. Sorry if I'm catching anyone in the blast, hopefully it's easily shrug-offable like the frag grenade above smile.gif

Throwing grenade: 1 hit
Grenade scatter: 5 (back, and to the left)
Scatter: 4 m - 1 hit = 3 m
Mach_Ten
okay, updated Le' Map

Murphy steps back from the locals 5M and lobs a grenade into the mass of bugs

it is actually further away than you thought so no damage resist needed for you (yet!)

Crispy steps out of the truck and tosses a grenade towards the mass at the rear of the hummer, noticing too late that Murphy is back tracking into view as the device lands and then BOOM!

fortunately, he makes his resist roll and only takes some sand to the face.

11P (+2AP)( barely negates ItNW)

Bugs at TRUCK from Murphy
17d6.hits(5)=6,
17d6.hits(5) =5,
17d6.hits(5)=4,
17d6.hits(5) =6,

Bugs at HUMMER from Crispy
17d6.hits(5)=8,
17d6.hits(5) =5,
17d6.hits(5)=8,
17d6.hits(5) =4

Considering the damage already taken the ones at the locals truck are decimated OR back off enough
the Locals get in their truck and fire it up,
but the damage is done and it's immobile
locals resist 5P (9d6.hits(5)=2, 9d6.hits(5)=3, 9d6.hits(5)=5, 9d6.hits(5)=2)
the locals get caught in the edge of the blast as they retreat, shrapnel rips holes in their flesh and clothing

Crispy's grenade kills 2 outright and slows 2 more down but the Hummer is not going anywhere
You look at the rear and it's chewed down to the axle.

the buzzsaw sound from the crop field grows in intensity as attention is drawn by the explosions

Perception checks all round except Nova in astral

then we are into the next pass, post up intentions and rolls if needed.

locals panic and begin looking for somewhere to run as their last actions this round
LordArcana
I'll get caught up tonight or tomorrow. I am getting a killer migraine so i'm going to go lay down in a dark room and cry frown.gif
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Nov 12 2013, 11:59 PM) *

Perception checks all round except Nova in astral

then we are into the next pass, post up intentions and rolls if needed.

Perception: 2 hits (audio/visual), 0 hits otherwise frown.gif

We're going to need the f- out of here, either using the local's truck or on foot if we have to...also gotta get Nova up and running, unless we want to try to carry her body with us.

And anybody got gear in the humvee they don't wanna lose? I was thinking of setting it up to self-destruct biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012