Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [OOC] Hijacked - LowInt ops
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30
Thanee
Probably... but no reason not to give it a try. smile.gif

Besides, only you have any real hint about that so far...

Bye
Thanee
NeVeRLiFt
QUOTE (Thanee @ Oct 23 2013, 06:02 PM) *
Probably... but no reason not to give it a try. smile.gif

Besides, only you have any real hint about that so far...

Bye
Thanee

Very true, forgot that part.
NeVeRLiFt
Someone said they saw it moving still???
Perception check, (Visual 10 dice/Listen 6 dice) (10d6.hits(5),6d6.hits(5)=[2, 1, 3, 3, 5, 3, 2, 5, 5, 4], [1, 2, 2, 2, 4, 4])

edit: it said I could do two different rolls at once if I used a ,
that was suppose to be 10 dice for visual and 6 dice for listen perception check
Mach_Ten
Oi Crispy ! .. Invisibility is cheating nyahnyah.gif

nice idea though ... keeping me on my toes today man !
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (NeVeRLiFt @ Oct 24 2013, 09:21 AM) *

nope, no one said anything yet .. she "thought" it and I'm leaving it for Nova to mention IC if she wishes

I'll let you keep that perception though as you search for your mate, You see nothing out of the ordinary, other than his body.

biggrin.gif

**EDIT** you need to use a ';' not a ','
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Oct 24 2013, 04:22 PM) *
Oi Crispy ! .. Invisibility is cheating nyahnyah.gif

nice idea though ... keeping me on my toes today man !

I wish I could use Crispy's invisibility, which is REALLY cheating...except when Nova is around to break the invisibility with her bionic eyes...

*edit*

Oi yerself! Just read your ic.gif....FINE we'll try not to kill him...*grumble*
NeVeRLiFt
If he is still alive can I poke/cut or try to get the webbing off his face or clear his nose/mouth so that he can breath easier?

Edit: has one the bug spirit things got in his body and trying to hatch or take it over?
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (NeVeRLiFt @ Oct 24 2013, 09:31 AM) *
If he is still alive can I poke/cut or try to get the webbing off his face or clear his nose/mouth so that he can breath easier?

Edit: has one the bug spirit things got in his body and trying to hatch or take it over?

I don't blatantly rip off movies in that way smile.gif ... honest biggrin.gif

so get this straight, Nova has cast "Detect LIFE" and knows for certain there is a spark ..
Sanchez needs to roll some medicine to check if there are any life signs
So, make a roll or presume he is dead until someone else tells you what they have spotted.
I'm easy either way
actually you are more than welcome to start stabbing him randomly biggrin.gif he's only an NPC .. I even gave him a name !! frown.gif

the sticky substance has hardened like a plaster cast over his head .. you "could" poke some holes,
but unless you are a surgeon, you thnk you might do more harm than good, stabbing him in the face and all

Mach_Ten
Crsipy .. Chummer .... how you doin ? .. good goooood ! biggrin.gif

roll me some social dice pal ! .. let's see how well you convince this guy to let his hostage go
NeVeRLiFt
Here's a First Aid roll, it's the best I can do I guess. (First Aid 4 (6) Combat Wounds
I rolled 4 dice since this is not a Combat Wound really.
First Aid (4d6.hits(5)=2)

I edited my last post to reflect what I'm doing.
I had misunderstood you earlier and assumed he was dead from the toxic web material on his face.

Mach_Ten
QUOTE (NeVeRLiFt @ Oct 24 2013, 10:02 AM) *
Here's a First Aid roll, it's the best I can do I guess. (First Aid 4 (6) Combat Wounds
I rolled 4 dice since this is not a Combat Wound really.
First Aid (4d6.hits(5)=2)

there's a heart beat and some shallow breathing ... No idea how it's possible as his head is nearly encased ... weird huh smile.gif
NeVeRLiFt
Can I make strength check or something to try to dislocate the webbing?
I don't want to hurt him or endanger his life needlessly, but if there is anything I can do to ensure he lives I would like to help Speedy out.
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Oct 24 2013, 04:53 PM) *
Crsipy .. Chummer .... how you doin ? .. good goooood ! biggrin.gif

roll me some social dice pal ! .. let's see how well you convince this guy to let his hostage go

Not sure what kind of modifiers there were, here's the roll:
Intimidate Drago: 7d6.hits(5) → [6,4,4,1,6,3,3] = (2) hits
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (NeVeRLiFt @ Oct 24 2013, 10:14 AM) *
Can I make strength check or something to try to dislocate the webbing?
I don't want to hurt him or endanger his life needlessly, but if there is anything I can do to ensure he lives I would like to help Speedy out.

You know from the quick medical assessment that his life does not seem to be in immediate danger

you can try and wrench it off ! .. but you may damage him
NeVeRLiFt
Sanchez has this lube/oil based... he would see about applying this to the webbing and see if this has any effect on loosening it.
This lube is called Gun Oil... but it also has other purposes!

Mach_Ten
QUOTE (NeVeRLiFt @ Oct 24 2013, 10:37 AM) *
Sanchez has this lube/oil based... is called Gun Oil... but it also has other purposes!

ROFL

"SANCHEZ HAS LUBE !!"

I think you just made my week !! rotfl.gif
phlapjack77
Somebody said "spider", Sanchez thought they said "inside'er" and signed up! smile.gif
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Oct 24 2013, 10:16 AM) *
Not sure what kind of modifiers there were, here's the roll:
Intimidate Drago: 7d6.hits(5) → [6,4,4,1,6,3,3] = (2) hits

That works for me, but he doesn't seem to want to move and relinquish his position of power with the hostage
resist Crsipy intimation (5d6.hits(5) =2)

Add to your IC, he wants you to aim for the light house and just keep on driving straight !
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Oct 24 2013, 05:51 PM) *
That works for me, but he doesn't seem to want to move and relinquish his position of power with the hostage
resist Crsipy intimation (5d6.hits(5) =2)

Add to your IC, he wants you to aim for the light house and just keep on driving straight !

Uh, is the light house where we wanted to go? smile.gif
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Oct 24 2013, 11:02 AM) *
Uh, is the light house where we wanted to go? smile.gif

you can see it .... you've circled round the west side of the island, the lighthouse is on the East .. but still visible over the hill

by aiming at it ... you will BEACH on the westerly shore ... it's more of a bearing.. than a location ..

he readies the weapon and points it at the Captains head menacingly ... better do .. something biggrin.gif
phlapjack77
consarnit, stop rushing me!
phlapjack77
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Oct 24 2013, 11:14 AM) *

Push the Button

PUSH THE BUTTON !

WE ARE SAILING
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Oct 24 2013, 06:19 PM) *

shiiiiiit, I thought you'd have linked to this: Push the goddammed button!
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Oct 24 2013, 11:24 AM) *
shiiiiiit, I thought you'd have linked to this: Push the goddammed button!

damn. I always miss the references frown.gif .. I was looking for a Sandra Bullock on a boat clip frown.gif
NeVeRLiFt
lol

So Sanchez is trying the gun oil on the outer edges of the webbing to see if it has any effect.

I can use a stimulant/trauma patch or medkit if it would help ole Speedy out.
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Oct 24 2013, 06:29 PM) *
damn. I always miss the references frown.gif .. I was looking for a Sandra Bullock on a boat clip frown.gif

oooooh that would've been a good one! Maybe searching for a clip will distract me from wanting to strangle inept coworkers...
LordArcana
QUOTE (NeVeRLiFt @ Oct 24 2013, 06:31 AM) *
lol

So Sanchez is trying the gun oil on the outer edges of the webbing to see if it has any effect.

That is definately going to be added to my signature... a man applying oil to another mans face gingerly using a rag... hmmm... all we are missing is the latex body suits and the ball masks...

On a more serious note. Murphy has a medkit in his ruk if it will be of use getting speedy back conscious. Is there any way i can make a demolitions check perhaps to see if Draco would have had enough time to actually assemble that sort of device in the time Crispy communicated he was on his way down and when he said Draco was sitting on a bomb?
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (NeVeRLiFt @ Oct 24 2013, 11:31 AM) *

I can use a stimulant/trauma patch or medkit if it would help ole Speedy out.

it's chemically sealed to his skin, nowhere to get the lubricant in, and when you can ... it will take hours .. and need to not be on top of a semi-truck floating in a vehicle hold.

a stim or trauma patch would.. you think ... awake him and he would probably choke / suffocate ... he seems stable -ish

you just don't know "How" ! ...

are you intending to move him, what else are you doing / saying.
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (LordArcana @ Oct 24 2013, 11:36 AM) *
Murphy has a medkit in his ruk if it will be of use getting speedy back conscious.

you can assist, again remembering that he is just dragged out of the freezing waters and is on the floating top of a truck

roll medicine / first aid skills etc.
QUOTE (LordArcana @ Oct 24 2013, 11:36 AM) *
Is there any way i can make a demolitions check perhaps to see if Draco would have had enough time to actually assemble that sort of device in the time Crispy communicated he was on his way down and when he said Draco was sitting on a bomb?

from down here not a real chance,
roll it anyways to make conjecture, if you think you can let Crispy know that he "Might" be bluffing !
NeVeRLiFt
Here's my First Aid and Rating 6 Medkit rolls.

First Aid (6d6.hits(5)=2)
Medkit Rating 6 (6d6.hits(5)=2)
phlapjack77
QUOTE (LordArcana @ Oct 24 2013, 06:36 PM) *
That is definately going to be added to my signature... a man applying oil to another mans face gingerly using a rag... hmmm... all we are missing is the latex body suits and the ball masks...

His callsign is well-deserved it seems smile.gif
NeVeRLiFt
The character was much worse off... but I did some changes before I joined you guys.
Sanchez was intended as a comic relief for the group I was going to play him with, but it never happened.

After making the changes he is much better character but I wanted to carry over some of the funny stuff I had planned for him.

Mach_Ten
QUOTE (NeVeRLiFt @ Oct 24 2013, 11:44 AM) *
Here's my First Aid and Rating 6 Medkit rolls.

First Aid (6d6.hits(5)=2)
Medkit Rating 6 (6d6.hits(5)=2)

I need to ask here **ARE YOU SURE?**

a stim or trauma patch would.. you think ... awake him and he would probably choke / suffocate ... he seems stable -ish
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Oct 24 2013, 11:44 AM) *
"Hold still while I get this compression bandage around you...ok. Now you need some kind of blood stabilizer..." Crispy mumbled something medical sounding as he slipped a pain-eeze patch from the medkit onto Drago's arm. Just a few moments before the quick-release DMSO shot 4cc's of medical grade synth-opiate into his bloodstream...

Roll ..ummm ... infiltrate I guess
Roll First aid
make it convincing smile.gif
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Oct 24 2013, 11:44 AM) *
While he was working, Crispy tried to secretly assess the truth of Drago's statement about the C-12. He almost hoped it hadn't been a bluff - he was in need of more explosives...

roll perception
roll demolitions knowledge with a bonus of + hits from LordArcana when he rolls his

I sense a disturbance in the force .. I sense ... BOOOOM eek.gif
NeVeRLiFt
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Oct 24 2013, 06:56 AM) *
I need to ask here **ARE YOU SURE?**

Okay I'm 100% sure on this.
I take out my Wireclippers and very carefully cut the webbing off his face.
If you check I do have the Wireclippers listed among other items that might work here.

I also have my medkit out and ready... if I have to use the medkit I let the previous rolls stand for it.

Here is my Str and Agi rolls for using the Wirecutters.
Strength (6d6.hits(5)=2)
Agility (9d6.hits(5)=2)

and just in case...
Intuition (5d6.hits(5)=1)

edit: I'm going to save Speedy!
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (NeVeRLiFt @ Oct 24 2013, 12:11 PM) *
Okay I'm 100% sure on this.
I take out my Wireclippers and very carefully cut the webbing off his face.
If you check I do have the Wireclippers listed among other items that might work here.

I also have my medkit out and ready... if I have to use the medkit I let the previous rolls stand for it.

Here is my Str and Agi rolls for using the Wirecutters.
Strength (6d6.hits(5)=2)
Agility (9d6.hits(5)=2)

and just in case...
Intuition (5d6.hits(5)=1)

edit: I'm going to save Speedy!

That's a BETTER idea, cutting him out THEN waking him up,

he looks like this

I thought you wanted to just wake him up, and he'd panic and suffocate

feel free to puppet Speedy's reactions in your IC, boy is he Glad to be alive smile.gif

that is until he spots something HUGE coming out of the water behind you

perception check -8 for you..
Nova is looking right at it
Murphy - Perception -8 please
NeVeRLiFt
roflmao!!!

Visual Perception (2d6.hits(5)=1)

I only have 8 dice for Listen... so no rolls there or would I get at least 1 dice ?

edit:
Also we're up on the back of a truck... is this is a flat bed, 18-wheeler trailer or pickup truck? was it the roof of some kind of truck?
This thing is going to have easy shot at my back or where I'm at on this truck have any cover or allow me to hear it coming to reach me?
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Oct 24 2013, 07:19 PM) *
that is until he spots something HUGE coming out of the water behind you

This is appropriate I think...
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Oct 24 2013, 07:00 PM) *
Roll ..ummm ... infiltrate I guess
Roll First aid
make it convincing smile.gif

roll perception
roll demolitions knowledge with a bonus of + hits from LordArcana when he rolls his

I sense a disturbance in the force .. I sense ... BOOOOM eek.gif

Ok here goes nothing...

Infiltrate: 4 hits
First Aid: 4 hits

Perception(visual): 4 hits
Demolitions as knowledge: no hits, but no glitch either *whew* (teamwork dice yield no hits, sorry for wasting it man frown.gif)

And just because I think it might be appropriate
Medicine for jargon-y blather to help distract Drago: 1 hit

And the creme-de-menthe
Sleight-of-hand to place the patch without Drago noticing: no hits, no glitch (damn I thought IC was loving me with all those 4 hits, now this!)
Edge rerolling failures: no hits again! Oh dice gods, ye fickle bastards!

2 Edge of 5 remaining
NeVeRLiFt
lmao! biggrin.gif
Infiltrate to "infiltrate" Drago with lube...I mean, first aid
phlapjack77
QUOTE (NeVeRLiFt @ Oct 24 2013, 07:39 PM) *
lmao! biggrin.gif
Infiltrate to "infiltrate" Drago with lube...I mean, first aid

biggrin.gif
LordArcana
Demolitions:

Demolitions+skills(4) (4d6.hits(5)=2)

I saw someone already rolled Firstaid, should i roll anyway or no?
phlapjack77
Updated my demo roll with the extra 2 dice in my above post...
LordArcana
Perception-8:

Perception(10) + Enhancement(1) - Penalty(cool.gif= 3DP (3d6.hits(5)=0)

OUCH! first no hitter... frown.gif
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Oct 24 2013, 12:26 PM) *

Frag you Crsipy ... FRAG YOOOOU ! biggrin.gif

I am NOT just a movie ripping off noob GM .. I have ALL my own Ideas !! I DO !! ... Honest !! Grrrrrr

now back to our regular programming

Here's a little hint for you
phlapjack77
rotfl.gif thanks man, now everyone is looking at me funny for laughing out loud! smile.gif
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Oct 24 2013, 12:36 PM) *
Ok here goes nothing...

Infiltrate: 4 hits
First Aid: 4 hits

Perception(visual): 4 hits
Demolitions as knowledge: no hits, but no glitch either *whew* (teamwork dice yield no hits, sorry for wasting it man frown.gif)

And just because I think it might be appropriate
Medicine for jargon-y blather to help distract Drago: 1 hit

And the creme-de-menthe
Sleight-of-hand to place the patch without Drago noticing: no hits, no glitch (damn I thought IC was loving me with all those 4 hits, now this!)
Edge rerolling failures: no hits again! Oh dice gods, ye fickle bastards!

2 Edge of 5 remaining

sleight of hand ... that's what I meant not infiltrate ! .
BALLS !!
perception to spot Crispy (playing doctor)
(3d6.hits(5) =0)

I still don't fraggin see you slipping me Roofies !

but you DO see the bundle of optical cables underneath Drago,

ic.gif up silently communicating with Murphy as he describes what you are looking for

and figureing out that there's frag all explosives !! .. it's all a bluff, apart from the gun .. that's real smile.gif
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Oct 24 2013, 08:51 PM) *
sleight of hand ... that's what I meant not infiltrate ! .
BALLS !!
perception to spot Crispy (playing doctor)
(3d6.hits(5) =0)

I still don't fraggin see you slipping me Roofies !

but you DO see the bundle of optical cables underneath Drago,

ic.gif up silently communicating with Murphy as he describes what you are looking for

and figureing out that there's frag all explosives !! .. it's all a bluff, apart from the gun .. that's real smile.gif

Thank goodness, because I just realized that the impact of the ship hitting solid ground would probably throw us around, moving Drago off of any contact switches for the explosives...

Mach_Ten
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Oct 24 2013, 01:57 PM) *
Thank goodness, because I just realized that the impact of the ship hitting solid ground would probably throw us around, moving Drago off of any contact switches for the explosives...

lets say that that's the point where it becomes apparent, I just spotted you got no hits on the Demo's roll nyahnyah.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012