Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [OOC] Hijacked - LowInt ops
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30
Mach_Ten
Nova = ???
Spirit = ???

Bugs
BUGS INIT
(11d6.hits(5) =6)
2 passes
QUOTE (LordArcana @ Nov 4 2013, 07:21 PM) *
Initiative: 14
Passes: 3

QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Nov 5 2013, 03:47 PM) *
Crispy's
init: = 13,
passes = 2

QUOTE (NeVeRLiFt @ Nov 4 2013, 06:33 PM) *
INITIATIVE: 12
INIT PASSES: 3

Hill Billies
init = 8
passes = 1

SKIP THE BUGS PASS, you guys get the drop on them, as they seem interested in the rapidly declining food source
Thanee
Init... right... let's see...

Nova -> 22 (3 IP)
Spirit -> 22 (3 IP)

Bye
Thanee
Thanee
Nova will not give the spirit any command, yet, so it will just hover at her side, waiting for further instructions.

Nova uses her Stunbolt to zap one of the bugs near the hill billies.

Stun Bolt F9 -> 3 hits; no Drain

Bye
Thanee
LordArcana
Just for the record... if Murphy happens to get struck by lightning... or all the locusts swarm him alone...i cry foul wink.gif

In a more game related fashion, without standing on the humvee is there line of sight to a bug for Murphy to shoot?
NeVeRLiFt
QUOTE (NeVeRLiFt @ Nov 4 2013, 01:33 PM) *
INITIATIVE: 12

Here's my initiative roll.
INITIATIVE: (12d6.hits(5)=5)

My Initiative is 12 so with 5 hits that's 17 right?

LordArcana
QUOTE (NeVeRLiFt @ Nov 5 2013, 03:05 PM) *
My Initiative is 12 so with 5 hits that's 17 right?

That would be correct. Im willing to bet he just saw where you typed "Initiative: 12" and went from there
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (LordArcana @ Nov 5 2013, 07:36 PM) *
Just for the record... if Murphy happens to get struck by lightning... or all the locusts swarm him alone...i cry foul wink.gif

In a more game related fashion, without standing on the humvee is there line of sight to a bug for Murphy to shoot?

There is, 4 points of cover though
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (LordArcana @ Nov 5 2013, 08:08 PM) *
That would be correct. Im willing to bet he just saw where you typed "Initiative: 12" and went from there

Aaaw crap, yup, i'll adjust the order
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (LordArcana @ Nov 5 2013, 07:36 PM) *

Cry all you want ! ... No, the bugs wont swarm you,... Perception check to spot the explosives behind you transform into robots and begin their march of doom though!
LordArcana
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Nov 5 2013, 03:39 PM) *
Cry all you want ! ... No, the bugs wont swarm you,... Perception check to spot the explosives behind you transform into robots and begin their march of doom though!

AWESOME! I'd much rather fight giant explosive machines nyahnyah.gif

Seriously though? Really?
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (LordArcana @ Nov 5 2013, 08:47 PM) *
AWESOME! I'd much rather fight giant explosive machines nyahnyah.gif

Seriously though? Really?

Depends? Hows that chef feeling, actually no. Lets not cross pollute our games, no one wants to see the dark dark place where GM pissing contests go nyahnyah.gif
Mach_Ten
Nova -> 22 (3 IP)
Spirit -> 22 (3 IP)

Sanchez
INITIATIVE: 17

BUGS INIT
(11d6.hits(5) =6) 17
2 passes

Murphy
Initiative: 14
Passes: 3

Crispy's
init: = 13,
passes = 2

Hill Billies
init = 8
passes = 1
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Thanee @ Nov 5 2013, 06:13 PM) *
Nova will not give the spirit any command, yet, so it will just hover at her side, waiting for further instructions.

Mana spells only from Astral,

Nova would know this, so feel free to revise actions
Thanee
Stun Bolt is a Mana spell. It doesn't have to have "Mana" in its name, it only needs the little "M" under Type. wink.gif

Bye
Thanee
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Thanee @ Nov 6 2013, 11:13 AM) *
Stun Bolt is a Mana spell. It doesn't have to have "Mana" in its name, it only needs the little "M" under Type. wink.gif

aww frag it .. there's a reason I never play mages or hackers ! .. Grrrr
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Thanee @ Nov 5 2013, 06:13 PM) *

Resist Stunbolt
(8d6.hits(5) =1)

it doesn't even scream, it just goes quietly to sleep
"ZZZZzzzzzzzzz"
Thanee
These guys are quite resilient to magic, it seems (even though, it did not help this speciman). wink.gif

Bye
Thanee
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Thanee @ Nov 6 2013, 01:07 PM) *
These guys are quite resilient to magic, it seems (even though, it did not help this speciman). wink.gif

yes, yes they are !

No, no it bloody well did not ... I was supposed to be sounding the alarm to the swarm by now !!

Sanchez & Co, you guys are up
phlapjack77
Unless the team is in immediate danger, Crispy's checking out the "lay of the land", tactically speaking...identifying threats, calculating who needs to get shot first, etc...
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Nov 6 2013, 03:48 PM) *
Unless the team is in immediate danger, Crispy's checking out the "lay of the land", tactically speaking...identifying threats, calculating who needs to get shot first, etc...

so, setting up the TacNet ? and finding a firing position,

maybe even deploying the blimp? ... subtle hint hint
LordArcana
I know its not Murphy's turn yet but he is going to take aim (as a free action from martial arts) and fire two short narrow bursts. If the first burst takes the creature down then the second will be at a different creature, if not the second shot will be on the first.

First shot with Colt M22A3 (19d6.hits(5)=3) Take off the two for cover and its still only 3 hits... that roll sucked :( {9P, -2AP} + net hits

Second shot with Colt M22A3 (included -2 from cover) (16d6.hits(5)=8) {9P, -2AP} +net hits
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (LordArcana @ Nov 6 2013, 04:15 PM) *
I know its not Murphy's turn yet but he is going to take aim (as a free action from martial arts) and fire two short narrow bursts. If the first burst takes the creature down then the second will be at a different creature, if not the second shot will be on the first.

First shot with Colt M22A3 (19d6.hits(5)=3) Take off the two for cover and its still only 3 hits... that roll sucked frown.gif

Second shot with Colt M22A3 (included -2 from cover) (16d6.hits(5)=cool.gif

put your weapon and ammo DV and any AP please, I R Lazy GM, cba looking at your sheets smile.gif
NeVeRLiFt
Sorry for the delay.

Sanchez will also fire two narrow bursts at one of the bugs.
(+2 DV from narrow burst, this DV modifer does not apply to armor rating) SR4a pg.155

Ares Alpha 8P/ -2AP

17P with 15 of it vs armor rating
First shot: (17d6.hits(5)=7)
2d6.hits(5)=0

20P with 18 of it vs armor rating
Second shot: (17d6.hits(5)=8 )
2d6.hits(5)=2
LordArcana
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Nov 6 2013, 11:18 AM) *
put your weapon and ammo DV and any AP please, I R Lazy GM, cba looking at your sheets smile.gif

Edited initial post. Sorry i was brain fried when i got home. This change in weather has my head all sorts of messed up frown.gif
NeVeRLiFt
Mach_Ten

Can you read this and tell me your thoughts on it.

High-Powered Chambering and ammo, Help with the rules
http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?showtopic=37271

Cause depending on how you rule it, I could be throwing 19 dice instead of 17 since I have enough Recoil Compensation to cover the -2 recoil from the High-Powered Rounds.
Raiden
Mach, when I make a character for when/if I manage to get pulled back into the game, what would the guidelines be? same as the first?
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (NeVeRLiFt @ Nov 6 2013, 08:58 PM) *
Mach_Ten

Can you read this and tell me your thoughts on it.

High-Powered Chambering and ammo, Help with the rules
http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?showtopic=37271

Cause depending on how you rule it, I could be throwing 19 dice instead of 17 since I have enough Recoil Compensation to cover the -2 recoil from the High-Powered Rounds.

Oh great. A headache before work! Gee thanks ... lol

OK single shots no recoil first shot -2 second.

I'm in the camp of cumulative recoil from bursts.

And also you better be carrying enough correct ammo as no one else's will fit.

And zero chance of picking any up from dead guys.

I don't want to look up encumbrance or nothing but be sensible about it.

Normal squaddy carries a max of 6 or 9 mags for his weapons.
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Raiden @ Nov 7 2013, 05:47 AM) *
Mach, when I make a character for when/if I manage to get pulled back into the game, what would the guidelines be? same as the first?

Same rules and benefits. What ya thinking of playin ?
NeVeRLiFt
Rolled twice for my shots and added the results.
Only the 2nd shot of the narrow burst got any hits from added dice.

Hope that's one dead bug.

I assume the bad guys are not dropping anything but regular ammo?
This means no...
EX-Explosive Rounds
Stick-n-Shock
APDS

Sanchez has 4 ammo pouches with his pack this was enough for all his ammo storage needs.

Ammo: High-Power Rounds (Heavy Pistols) - 45
Ammo: High-Power Rounds (Sniper Rifles) - 42
Ammo: High-Power Rounds (Assault Rifles) - 252
Grenade: Fragmentation - 3
Spare Clip (Ares Predator IV) - 3
Spare Clip (Ares Alpha) - 3
Spare Clip (Barrett Model 121) - 3
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (NeVeRLiFt @ Nov 7 2013, 08:40 AM) *
I assume the bad guys are not dropping anything but regular ammo?
This means no...
EX-Explosive Rounds
Stick-n-Shock
APDS

No, this means that you have rechambered ALL your guns for other charges,
so, regular ammo of the above varieties will just slip straight from chamber to muzzle and not work for YOU.
Sanchez has 4 ammo pouches with his pack this was enough for all his ammo storage needs.

keep a very close eye on what you use, I've every intention of leaving you scrabbling in the dirt for brass to throw at bugs by the end of this mission !
Ammo: High-Power Rounds (Heavy Pistols) - 45
Ammo: High-Power Rounds (Sniper Rifles) - 42
Ammo: High-Power Rounds (Assault Rifles) - 252

Are you NUTS ?? biggrin.gif

from a pure numbers perspective, great, adding more dice to hit bad guys,

from a Role-play / realism perspective ?
There's not a Soldier or security guard on the planet that would restrict himself by fully modding ALL his guns

This is why there are NATO standard ammo sizes, so that in a pinch a soldier can grab enemy ammo and pray that it fits his gun, there's a farily good chance it will work.

for Sanchez? Not a hope in hell .. EVER ... you'll be down to throwing rocks after the first 2 reloads.

I get that everyone wants big numbers and full milspec armour and yada yada,

but this is taking one HUGE step onto the yellow fraggin' brick road surrounded by Munchkins ...

Please stop, the alternative is take a break from our game as this mentality ruins it for everyone

Yes I WILL Equip my Hybrid bug spirits with Panther Assault Cannons and ItNW to counter.
and the others in game will die, and it just causes bad feelings all round

Thanks for listening

***EDIT***

Apologies, as a fairly new GM I should have spotted this mistake much earlier and corrected it,

I'll allow you to retro fit your choice of weapons, lets say Ricoh has some "Spares" in the trunk smile.gif
NeVeRLiFt
You seem up tight and and come off rudely when just discussing anything you disagree with.

And as a member of a Special Mercenary Unit for a Corp I would think our Humvee would contain some ammo storage and other stuff.... but I guess you don't think like that?

As it stands I have the heavy pistol and sniper and assault rifle with enough ammo to last.

Here I'll save you the trouble and drop out your game, I've got better things to do with my time then read your lame bullshit posts that you don't put any thought into.
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (NeVeRLiFt @ Nov 7 2013, 10:41 AM) *
You seem up tight and and come off rudely when just discussing anything you disagree with.

And as a member of a Special Mercenary Unit for a Corp I would think our Humvee would contain some ammo storage and other stuff.... but I guess you don't think like that?

As it stands I have the heavy pistol and sniper and assault rifle with enough ammo to last.

Here I'll save you the trouble and drop out your game, I've got better things to do with my time then read your lame bullshit posts that you don't put any thought into.

I wish you all the best.
Thanee
QUOTE (NeVeRLiFt @ Nov 7 2013, 11:41 AM) *
I've got better things to do with my time then read your lame bullshit posts that you don't put any thought into.

Keep it friendly, please. Thank you!

Bye
Thanee
Mach_Ten
IC is up,

Moving onto PASS TWO,

the HillBillies are in bad shape

Nova the beasties don't seem to be making any effort to get to you in astral
though you THINK they could easily make the leap, there are easier pickings on the floor.

Crispy you have possibly until the end of this round before they manage to knock the vehicle into "something bad!"

Murphy as you used the vehicle as cover, they descended on the area surrounding you
I'll update the map from home tonite, but the cover has now moved away from you ... think fast smile.gif

LordArcana
QUOTE (Thanee @ Nov 7 2013, 07:26 AM) *
Keep it friendly, please. Thank you!

Bye
Thanee

OMG! The death orange of Thanee! It's an omen... We are all going to die smile.gif
phlapjack77
QUOTE (LordArcana @ Nov 7 2013, 09:54 PM) *
OMG! The death orange of Thanee! It's an omen... We are all going to die smile.gif

For (s)he IS the Kwitsach Haderach!
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Nov 7 2013, 12:01 AM) *
so, setting up the TacNet ? and finding a firing position,

maybe even deploying the blimp? ... subtle hint hint

Tacnet, yeah smile.gif The blimp though, I thought Crispy was advised against it, as it would seem like a huge "anomoly" in Vashon airspace...am I misremembering?
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Nov 7 2013, 02:38 PM) *
Tacnet, yeah smile.gif The blimp though, I thought Crispy was advised against it, as it would seem like a huge "anomoly" in Vashon airspace...am I misremembering?

kind of, there was no point doing it on "the other" continent, as you were bang in the middle of commercial Aerospace

now you are on island it's not a bad shout, but there IS mobile radar around here somewhere, and also .. low flying harley davidsons biggrin.gif
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Nov 7 2013, 10:44 PM) *
low flying harley davidsons biggrin.gif

kinda like this? smile.gif

Yeah, ok - IF we make it out alive from this swarm of giant fragging carnivorous paranormal locusts, Crispy'll probably remember he should deploy the blimp...
Mach_Ten
Pilot Groundcraft
-2 for not being in direct control

I'll see how that goes before any terrain and ... other ... modifiers devil.gif
LordArcana
Ok, small clarification...

Q: Approximately how many critters are we talking about in the "swarm"? 10? 50? 100? several hundred? I'm not going to stop and count but does it look defensible or is it a lost cause?

Q: Sanchez is getting ripped apart right? No chance at rescue? You made it seem in IC that guts are flying... "was that part of his kidney that flew by?"

Q: Are the locals in the same condition as Sanchez? Does it look like they could be rescued?
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (LordArcana @ Nov 7 2013, 03:52 PM) *
Q: Approximately how many critters are we talking about in the "swarm"? 10? 50? 100? several hundred? I'm not going to stop and count but does it look defensible or is it a lost cause?

you initially spoted 5-6 ... suddenly that's closer to 20 visible
Q: Sanchez is getting ripped apart right? No chance at rescue? You made it seem in IC that guts are flying... "was that part of his kidney that flew by?"

I'm not going to actively 'KILL' Sanchez, as that would be unfair if he wanted to take the char to another game, I AM however gonna 'Pretty him up' with some nice scars and probably eat his rat ! smile.gif
Q: Are the locals in the same condition as Sanchez? Does it look like they could be rescued?

there's ALWAYS hope, they could really use a hand though... presuming the initial plan is still Plan A.

that they are your best hope for getting past the WALL of DOOM !
LordArcana
One last question. How many are there on the locals roughly?
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (LordArcana @ Nov 7 2013, 04:33 PM) *
One last question. How many are there on the locals roughly?

guess at least 6, the remainder on or surrounding you

make that one less, he flies overhead too far, impacting a mine and detonating it in a MASSIVE blast that rocks you on your feet !

"Guess these things are LIVE!"
LordArcana
Ok, before i post in IC this is what i would like to do. Depending on if any dice rolls need to be made i will dress it up and post in IC.

Seeing that the Humvee is being pushed back towards the mines Murphy has quick choices to make. He hears Crispy yell to get in, but we can't just leave everyone to die. The locals are still the best chance to get passed the wall. He ques the sub vocal mic.

<<@Team:[Murphy]: Cripsy try to get the humvee over to the farmers truck to provide cover. I've got to try to save them.>>

Seeing the swarm approaching he fires a flash bang into the approaching swarm using the air-burst to detonate it right in there faces. As soon as it goes boom, Murphy is going to make a mad dash for the locals planning to use the next grenade (frag) if necessary.

Firing Grenade: Firing grenade. (10d6.hits(5)=2)

Scatter Direction: scatter direction (1d6=2) = forward of target to the right (if applicable; see below)

Scatter Distance: Scatter Distance (Come on I need a 1!) (1d6=3) 3 meters away (-2 meters per net hit) looks like the grenade just barely hits where intended.

Flashbang: 7S (+1 added for net hit) -3AP 10 meter radius.
Mach_Ten
that all sounds acceptable,

the bugs seem particularly affected by the flash and noise and will shy away from it
Raiden
Oh god... thanee is gonna go cuthulu on all of us!.

-mach, not sure tbh. so 750, with free knowledge + 20?
Mach_Ten

750 karma,
with free knowledge

try to avoid the WAR! book if at all possible, some of the gear is giving me a thrombosis,
BUT, I'm happy to discuss owning the gear for future missions that are less ... collateral damage smile.gif

+ 20KARMA post char gen and 5,000 nuyen up to avail 20?

CHA x 2 contacts,

Raiden
I'll toss together a couple characters and send them your way via PM
Raiden
OKAY, guys, which of these fabulous characters would you guys like to see wink.gif

the boring kitted out HW merc.

the pacifist christian theurgy mage that somehow got himself wrapped up in the merc life!

Gremlin- the gnome rigger with an attitude!

or Hax- the gunslingin hacker!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012