Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [OOC] Hijacked - LowInt ops
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Thanee @ Aug 16 2013, 10:59 PM) *
Oh, it goes to where it always goes... chaos, destruction and general mayhem! biggrin.gif

When did you rename your team??? Guess which one is Crispy biggrin.gif
Raiden
I am destruction, and Crispy is general Mayhem. or is that ricoh
Raiden
But I assume picking the guy up and brushing him off would cause the conceal to drop
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Raiden @ Aug 16 2013, 11:55 PM) *
But I assume picking the guy up and brushing him off would cause the conceal to drop

Don't overthink it too much, but yeah if you start interrogating him or talking loudly the conceal will drop on you
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Raiden @ Aug 17 2013, 06:55 AM) *
I am destruction, and Crispy is general Mayhem. or is that ricoh

I think Mach_Ten is General Mayhem biggrin.gif

Crispy's going to follow Longshot's play on this one...just use the force tacnet!
Mach_Ten
the guy is starting to sound a bit nervous as Drago hasn't appeared yet, he is about to come round the corner of the truck to a position where he might be able to see you all.

go for it Raiden smile.gif
Raiden
I was expecting Drago to put on a good show for the guy. Then I'd take it from there, seeing as how I know very little other than, "no not yet" lol
Mach_Ten
Okay, ill have an IC soon
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Raiden @ Aug 17 2013, 07:04 PM) *
I was expecting Drago to put on a good show for the guy. Then I'd take it from there, seeing as how I know very little other than, "no not yet" lol

Okay I've had a really good nights sleep and am looking at this with fresh (ish) eyes, I think you need a gentle reminder of the situation.

Information you have so far, just to give you a fighting chance :

Drago is a runner, on the team that is split across two boats four each side (the civilians on this ship)

He is the insider from Vashon, turned to the shadows to pay off family debts
he had paid off the (now all dead) guards to not get involved and your plan is to take on their appearance, and you guess their share of nuyen.gif

seeing as only Drago had any dealings with them, the other runners won't know and wont care who you are ... hopefully..

The guy here coming is one of the team and is looking for Drago, he is armed and if he suspects then will open fire.

DRAGO, has been in an explosion, attacked by giant carnivorous spiders, is in a full on cocoon with only his mouth showing so he can breathe,
He's been dropped from the ceiling and rattled around, has had two guys basically telling him he is going to die ..!

One of them STILL has the barrel of a rifle in his mouth (while Crispy is holding him upright? (not sure how that works but ... just go along with it)
and he finally has lost all control of his bladder !!

NOW you want him to dance ? wavey.gif .. you need to re-assess your expectations here friend smile.gif

what I'm saying in general is ... You will need to do the interacting and not rely on NPC's to get you out of this one biggrin.gif
Thanee
Just for the record... I somewhat doubt that Military Armor is a good disguise for a ferry guard. biggrin.gif

Bye
Thanee
Thanee
Nova is at the corner between P6 and Q7.

Infiltration -> 1 hit (Perception checks are at -13 due to Concealment and the Ruthenium Polymer)

Bye
Thanee
phlapjack77
So we're kinda at a crossroads here - do we start killin' folks, or do we try to play it like we're with Drago? I'm for the killin' part, mostly because it seems like there's too many variables and too many chances for us to get "found out" if we play pretend. For instance, if we DO play pretend, there's very little chance these guys on the other ship are going to land on Vashon Island. So we'd have to slip away somehow from the OTHER boat at some point...
Thanee
See my post three above this one. biggrin.gif

Bye
Thanee
Raiden
well I was thinking I was getting him out and that My barrel was out of his mouth haha.
Raiden
sure miltech armor may not be the easiest thing to hide in, but you never know! Longshot likes to keep meta casualties to a minimum when possible nyahnyah.gif

EDIT: also, I am kinda counting on our sniper to go first if it comes to that nyahnyah.gif.
Thanee
QUOTE (Raiden @ Aug 18 2013, 05:55 PM) *
sure miltech armor may not be the easiest thing to hide in, but you never know!

Not hiding... posing as the folks Drago has bribed. wink.gif

Bye
Thanee
Raiden
lol yea
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Thanee @ Aug 18 2013, 05:57 PM) *
Not hiding... posing as the folks Drago has bribed. wink.gif

Because of the mil spec i took a judge intentions, the jury is still out so i'm not opening up just yet...

The guy doesn't seem overly upset that you are combat dressed, maybe the cargo has him on edge and presumes. You are a SPECIAL handler... You are after all still alive after the initial wave..
Mach_Ten
ic.gif is up feel free to post reactions / actions etc.
Thanee
Leaving it to the guys for now... aka continue aiming. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Raiden
theres mine haha.
phlapjack77
I think this guy's usefulness will be just about used up after he helps us open the doors devil.gif
Raiden
just a fluff warning, while he is a soldier and a merc, longshot does not like unnecessary death. seen to much of it.
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Raiden @ Aug 20 2013, 10:09 AM) *
just a fluff warning, while he is a soldier and a merc, longshot does not like unnecessary death. seen to much of it.

Oh, this death will be QUITE necessary!

vegm.gif
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Aug 20 2013, 10:59 AM) *
Oh, this death will be QUITE necessary!

vegm.gif

I'm RIGHT here ! ... my poor NPC is suddenly getting nervous !
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Aug 20 2013, 10:34 PM) *
I'm RIGHT here ! ... my poor NPC is suddenly getting nervous !

ssshhhhhh....just relax....
Thanee
Q: Did the other ship dock on by now? Did we notice something about that? Would it be here (guessing from seeing its distance earlier)?

I suppose so, otherwise those spiders would be even scarier. smile.gif

Or is there anyone else here on the ship still, who could be calling via radio?

I thought the guys coming downstairs were the rest of the crew/civilians... but I might be mistaken.

Basically, do we have a clue whether this distress call comes from the ferry or the pirate ship? smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Aug 21 2013, 07:46 PM) *
"The names Franco!" he replies and steps forward with you toward the bow of the ship..
his demeanour is still tense but he sounds a lot happier now he has an objective and that there's no bugs around
<snip heartbreaking tale of fatherhood>

You're not making it easy to be a heartless killer, are you? smile.gif
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Thanee @ Aug 21 2013, 01:17 PM) *
Q: Did the other ship dock on by now? Did we notice something about that? Would it be here (guessing from seeing its distance earlier)?

it is waiting a few meters away for the doors to open .. nose to nose, a ramp will pass over to allow transit
Does this image help ?
QUOTE (Thanee @ Aug 21 2013, 01:17 PM) *
Basically, do we have a clue whether this distress call comes from the ferry or the pirate ship? smile.gif

you guess the radio call is the team comms, coming from the guys on your ship and shared across to the guys on the other one, using low tech radios as they have a matrix jammer in place ...
otherwise Ricoh would be screaming at you

that raises a good point, any secret comms you are passing to each other .... haven't worked ...

there's nothing MEta game breaking happening so I'll let the inferences you have made stand, no need to amend IC at this point
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Aug 21 2013, 01:31 PM) *
You're not making it easy to be a heartless killer, are you? smile.gif

in a word ? No! biggrin.gif
Mach_Ten
I'd like to Welcome BigGreenSquid on board !

I'll intorduce his character to the grand design in the next few hours once I have a finalised character sheet.

This is going to get ... "interesting" biggrin.gif
Thanee
Hello! *wave*

Bye
Thanee

P.S. Oh, good point with the communication... I have edited my last post accordingly. smile.gif
Raiden
actually. unless the jammer is > than our comms signals we can still communicate. At least I think that is how it works. also, good day to you Mr. squid.
Thanee
Well, my comm is R3. smile.gif

Nova has a R6 Micro-Transceiver, though, which might still work... do you have anything like that, too?

Bye
Thanee
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Aug 21 2013, 08:47 PM) *
I'd like to Welcome BigGreenSquid on board !

I'll intorduce his character to the grand design in the next few hours once I have a finalised character sheet.

This is going to get ... "interesting" biggrin.gif

Howdy!

QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Aug 21 2013, 08:39 PM) *
you guess the radio call is the team comms, coming from the guys on your ship and shared across to the guys on the other one, using low tech radios as they have a matrix jammer in place ...
otherwise Ricoh would be screaming at you

that raises a good point, any secret comms you are passing to each other .... haven't worked ...

there's nothing MEta game breaking happening so I'll let the inferences you have made stand, no need to amend IC at this point

Crispy's whole concept (besides shooting things, and mouthing off) is to be able to enable and secure comms for the team. He's got high skills and gear in this area especially to make sure the team can communicate securely even in the face of enemy jamming and so on. He might even try to deny the enemy their comms, now that you've reminded me smile.gif

He's get Electronic Warfare at 5 (his highest skill! plus a spec in communications!), commlink with signal of 5 and firewall of 6, the ECCM and Encrypt programs at 5, skinweb array....rpgs...sharp sticks... smile.gif
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Aug 21 2013, 02:26 PM) *
Crispy's whole concept (besides shooting things, and mouthing off) is to be able to enable and secure comms for the team. He's got high skills and gear in this area especially to make sure the team can communicate securely even in the face of enemy jamming and so on. He might even try to deny the enemy their comms, now that you've reminded me smile.gif

He's get Electronic Warfare at 5 (his highest skill! plus a spec in communications!), commlink with signal of 5 and firewall of 6, the ECCM and Encrypt programs at 5, skinweb array....rpgs...sharp sticks... smile.gif

and now that we know this, all we need is some time and a quiet place to be able to do just that...

now if only the place wasn't crawling with bugs or you weren't suddenly required to performr door surgery biggrin.gif

let's say for now .. local Line of Sight comms will work intermittently until you spend some time jury rigging something ... or just plain kill every fragger in the room smile.gif
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Thanee @ Aug 21 2013, 01:20 PM) *
<< @Team [Nova] You thi........t's comi.........he oth.....hip? Gu.......lf ba....alf go....ews... mo....iders, bu.......lus side, it wi........asier to take ........ver. Speak.......ad news... you see...........wling abo.....ll open fir.......less you ha....t..r..dea! 3 ... 2 ... >>

Thanee ... I love.gif you ! biggrin.gif
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Aug 21 2013, 09:30 PM) *
and now that we know this, all we need is some time and a quiet place to be able to do just that...

now if only the place wasn't crawling with bugs or you weren't suddenly required to performr door surgery biggrin.gif

let's say for now .. local Line of Sight comms will work intermittently until you spend some time jury rigging something ... or just plain kill every fragger in the room smile.gif

Sounds good! Franco can be a good start... devil.gif
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Aug 21 2013, 02:50 PM) *
Sounds good! Franco can be a good start... devil.gif

But, but .... this guy has a "Name Badge!" and everything !

and think of the children ! ... oh won't someone please think of the children !

phlapjack77
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Aug 21 2013, 10:29 PM) *
But, but .... this guy has a "Name Badge!" and everything !

and think of the children ! ... oh won't someone please think of the children !

what color is his shirt?
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Aug 21 2013, 03:39 PM) *
what color is his shirt?

the colour of "oh crap, I'm going to die aren't I?!"
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Aug 21 2013, 10:51 PM) *
the colour of "oh crap, I'm going to die aren't I?!"

idk, sounded like Longshot had a soft spot for him...

besides, we'll need some live bait for when the spiders come back biggrin.gif
BigGreenSquid
"Hola gente de fiesta, Juan is here to pull your bacon outa de fire, yes." Hi, I look forward to playing with y'all.
Raiden
Is it OK to refer to you as Mr sqiudward nyahnyah.gif bwhaha
Raiden
And as stated before long shot would rather avoid needless deaths. Its why he has SnS and gel rounds along his ex-explosives haha
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Raiden @ Aug 21 2013, 05:14 PM) *
And as stated before long shot would rather avoid needless deaths. Its why he has SnS and gel rounds along his ex-explosives haha

I too, am against needless deaths .. unless they are PC's in that case I'm more than happy to add more spiders .. oh wait .. I already did devil.gif

That said, I'm doing all I can to make Crispy feel REALLY bad about it... IF he pulls the trigger ... but at the same time .. going to wind him up to the point of crossing the line smile.gif

but I'm Not Evil !! ... honest
Thanee
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Aug 21 2013, 03:26 PM) *
sharp sticks... smile.gif

I think it's called pointed stick. smile.gif

And do you also have a banana?

Bye
Thanee
BigGreenSquid
QUOTE (Raiden @ Aug 21 2013, 09:12 AM) *
Is it OK to refer to you as Mr sqiudward nyahnyah.gif bwhaha

No need for excessive titles, Your Lord High Squid, Your Awesomeness, or just Squid will work biggrin.gif
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Thanee @ Aug 22 2013, 05:09 AM) *
I think it's called pointed stick. smile.gif

And do you also have a banana?

Bye
Thanee

Hehehe - no, no bananas. Tactical blunder on my part!
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Aug 22 2013, 01:13 AM) *
Hehehe - no, no bananas. Tactical blunder on my part!

and not the first nor the last in this mission nyahnyah.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012