Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [OOC] Hijacked - LowInt ops
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30
phlapjack77
@All

There's going to be a lot of shooting going on. Is it worth it for Crispy to spend some time to try to stop the jamming?

During all the fighting, maybe we can keep one of 'em alive who knows how to pilot this thing. Also, once we've finished massacring the good guys, we're probably going to have to burn this boat. And by burn, I mean burn-then-blow-up-then-sink. Damn shame...
phlapjack77
<crickets>

...plan was that bad, huh? biggrin.gif
Thanee
Sorry, bit busy right now. Going on vacation on sunday. smile.gif

Does the rest of us know about the webs between the boats? If so, Nova would like to get a Fire Spirit to play "flamethrower" on them.

Bye
Thanee
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Thanee @ Sep 12 2013, 07:00 PM) *
Sorry, bit busy right now. Going on vacation on sunday. smile.gif

Does the rest of us know about the webs between the boats? If so, Nova would like to get a Fire Spirit to play "flamethrower" on them.

Bye
Thanee

I'll say ... It has been pointed out to you.

/ooc. Enjoy holidays, where u off to? And for how long ?.. Im happy to put this on hold while ur away
Thanee
France. Côte d'Azur. I will have internet access there (at least in the morning and evening), so should be no problem. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Thanee
Summoning a Force 3 Spirit of Fire

Summoning -> 2 services; no Drain

Sending it along the ship to burn any attached spiderwebs.

Bye
Thanee
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Thanee @ Sep 13 2013, 05:55 AM) *
France. Côte d'Azur. I will have internet access there (at least in the morning and evening), so should be no problem. smile.gif

Have fun!
Thanee
Thank you! smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Raiden
youch I was expecting a page a day with you guys, just barely 3 posts :O
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Raiden @ Sep 16 2013, 06:11 PM) *
youch I was expecting a page a day with you guys, just barely 3 posts :O

well, I was hoping for some ic.gif in this quiet break between boats,

I understand this game is named Low - Intensity but you lot need to feed me "something" to get some hooks.

if you want to PM me any questions about character drive then I'm fine with that, Longshot does seem to be taking more of a backseat role at present and I'd like for you to be more involved in this team and the planning etc. and give me some emotion etc.

and to give Squiddy some time to catch up,

If you three are ready to roll then fine lets go for it, I can continue the action.

sound off, I'll give till this time tomorrow for ic.gif posts before I move it up a notch

Thanee
I have added an IC post about the last things Nova has done and was about to do.

Bye
Thanee
Mach_Ten
ic.gif is up for all parties.

feel free to add your actions and thoughts ... the other ship is drifting slowly away and even more slowly under the waters, in a matter of minutes it will mostly vanish ...but it's not going down fast.

how many services on the fire spirit ?
Thanee
2, so one is left.

Bye
Thanee
phlapjack77
Is the jamming still in effect or no?
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Sep 25 2013, 05:15 AM) *
Is the jamming still in effect or no?

it is, it's source is on this ship somewhere
phlapjack77
dammit jim!

updated ic.gif, now with 200% more british-isms smile.gif
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Sep 25 2013, 10:54 AM) *
dammit jim!

updated ic.gif, now with 200% more british-isms smile.gif

lol

okay I'll follow your lead on the scanning and locating of a jamming device,

I presume some Electronic warfare will be in order,

with a successful roll you'll find it is a dumb device rather than an active TM or hacker,

how you locate it and take it out is up to you,

going back over the ship plans in your heads, the layout is very similar

the bridge is accessible from the passenger deck up a set of narrow stairs with a manually locked (imagine the 5 -spoked wheel lock) thick metal door at the top

if any one wants more info, either go for a scout around OR roll me some tactics / knowledge rolls etc.

phlapjack77
Sorry, I think I owe you a roll or 3. Week's been really hectic, I'll get to this tonight...
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Sep 27 2013, 03:27 AM) *
Sorry, I think I owe you a roll or 3. Week's been really hectic, I'll get to this tonight...

Its cool man, life happens
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Sep 25 2013, 07:23 PM) *
I presume some Electronic warfare will be in order,

with a successful roll you'll find it is a dumb device rather than an active TM or hacker,

how you locate it and take it out is up to you,
I rolled a few times for EW, just in case more than one roll was needed or it was an extended test or something...
3 hits, 3 hits, 3 hits, 3 hits, 6 hits

Would the EW let me know the location of the device?

QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Sep 25 2013, 07:23 PM) *
if any one wants more info, either go for a scout around OR roll me some tactics / knowledge rolls etc.
combat tactics: 3 hits
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Sep 27 2013, 03:39 PM) *
I rolled a few times for EW, just in case more than one roll was needed or it was an extended test or something...
3 hits, 3 hits, 3 hits, 3 hits, 6 hits

Would the EW let me know the location of the device?

combat tactics: 3 hits

So, it takes a few precious minutes of running around the hold with a comm and some other cobbled together electronics but you eventually triangulate the position of what you think is a jamming device.

it's somewhere at the front of the ship, above you on the passenger deck, should be easy enough to find and destroy.

But, the more you think about it, the more it looks like a decoy, bait in a trap in a nice open area ripe for an ambush..

so is the bridge, only one entry way with a narrow stairs that would be perfect to mow you down
you could get around outside to the windowed front of the brisge, but you guess the plexi-glass would be at least hardened but not bullet proof, it'd take some fire power to penetrate and still offer good cover to the occupants.

all these plans available to you .. so little time as the outline of Vashon island swing into view and the ship builds up speed

unable to close the doors, the water floods into the lower deck, at this rate you'll be lucky to make landfall without drowning / sinking

phlapjack77
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Sep 29 2013, 06:24 PM) *
So, it takes a few precious minutes of running around the hold with a comm and some other cobbled together electronics but you eventually triangulate the position of what you think is a jamming device.

it's somewhere at the front of the ship, above you on the passenger deck, should be easy enough to find and destroy.

But, the more you think about it, the more it looks like a decoy, bait in a trap in a nice open area ripe for an ambush..

so is the bridge, only one entry way with a narrow stairs that would be perfect to mow you down
you could get around outside to the windowed front of the brisge, but you guess the plexi-glass would be at least hardened but not bullet proof, it'd take some fire power to penetrate and still offer good cover to the occupants.

all these plans available to you .. so little time as the outline of Vashon island swing into view and the ship builds up speed

unable to close the doors, the water floods into the lower deck, at this rate you'll be lucky to make landfall without drowning / sinking

dang, forgot about the doors not being able to close! Now who's fault is that... smokin.gif

Maybe we just go for the bridge, hoping that Nova's spirit can keep us from getting mowed down in the stairs...and that bandage-boy doesn't have nasty magical tricks of his own waiting for us....nah. Mach_Ten is too much of a nice guy to do that smile.gif
Raiden
hey, sorry bout being gone for a week lol. back now
Thanee
Nova will cast Detect Life and Low Light Cryptesthesia to learn some more about what awaits us.

Detect Life F5 (Range 250m) -> 3 hits; no Drain

Afterwards...

Low Light Cryptesthesia F5 -> 5 hits; no Drain

...to get a view on the positions, where the Detect Life found anything.

Bye
Thanee
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Thanee @ Oct 3 2013, 08:48 AM) *
Nova will cast Detect Life and Low Light Cryptesthesia to learn some more about what awaits us.

Detect Life F5 (Range 250m) -> 3 hits; no Drain

moving about you in 3D the blurry mass of sea life passes by oblivious,
up above on the higher decks you see the auras of several meta-human bodies ... possibly all in one location and two more dotted around the ship

lastly and to your left the trailer of the truck pulses and throbs with life ... it is almost impossible to discriminate the sources in a mass of lifeforms.

QUOTE (Thanee @ Oct 3 2013, 08:48 AM) *
Low Light Cryptesthesia F5 -> 5 hits; no Drain

...to get a view on the positions, where the Detect Life found anything.

gathering your focus you concentrate on the areas.
the Bridge has four persons, one at the wheel one behind him with a weapon in hand

behind them the other two seem to be concentrating on the doorway from here down some stairs to the passenger area

down here is where Crispy thinks the Jammer is, and on either side of it's location, two people are trying to make themselves comfortable and unseen

feel free to work this info into an ic.gif

I want to know what Nova is thinking / feeling right now smile.gif
Thanee
Nova is in anticipation to give these guys some payback for the mess they brought us into... (she is vengeful, after all wink.gif).

Can you give me some more detail about the weapons they are holding? i.e. what type of weapons.

And is there anything to be seen from the guy "wrapped up like a mummy"?

Bye
Thanee
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Thanee @ Oct 3 2013, 01:34 PM) *
Nova is in anticipation to give these guys some payback for the mess they brought us into... (she is vengeful, after all wink.gif).

Can you give me some more detail about the weapons they are holding? i.e. what type of weapons.

And is there anything to be seen from the guy "wrapped up like a mummy"?

Bye
Thanee

Not sure on the detail the spell gives you. But let's say SMG or bigger AR

As for the mummy. Pretty certain he meant drago
Thanee
The Cryptesthesia allows me to view the scene as if standing there (like Clairvoyance just with Low Light Vision in addition).

Bye
Thanee
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Thanee @ Oct 3 2013, 05:48 PM) *
The Cryptesthesia allows me to view the scene as if standing there (like Clairvoyance just with Low Light Vision in addition).

then you see pretty much all as described with the addition that Drago is the one with the gun to the pilots head and they are all armed with assault rifles.
Thanee
So, what does Drago look like then? Like a mummy? smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Thanee @ Oct 3 2013, 11:28 PM) *
So, what does Drago look like then? Like a mummy? smile.gif

Bye
Thanee

It looks like someone cut him out of the remains of the cocoon which are on the floor.
And gave him some antidote ..

Thanee
Ok wink.gif

Bye
Thanee
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Oct 4 2013, 02:54 PM) *
It looks like someone cut him out of the remains of the cocoon which are on the floor.
And gave him some antidote ..

Sweet - so there's an antidote...

Raiden, you still with us man? Haven't seen you post IC since Aug...
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Oct 6 2013, 12:34 PM) *
Sweet - so there's an antidote...

there's ... something devil.gif .....
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Oct 6 2013, 12:34 PM) *
Raiden, you still with us man? Haven't seen you post IC since Aug...

finish up any IC for this time tomorrow and I'll move3 us along .. hopefully get us on land and back on mission asap

Mach_Ten
okay get the dice warmed up and pray to whatever gods of fate you hold dear to !!

Stealth rolls all round please

perception checks all round

some kind of acrobatics or climbing for NOVA

and that should be enough for now, more to follow asap
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Oct 11 2013, 08:48 PM) *
okay get the dice warmed up and pray to whatever gods of fate you hold dear to !!

Stealth rolls all round please

perception checks all round

FSM, don't fail me now!

Stealth: 3 hits
(almost a glitch, FSM was with me today!)

Perception: 3 hits any sense
Thanee
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Oct 11 2013, 02:48 PM) *
some kind of acrobatics or climbing for NOVA

I was thinking of using Levitate to take a non-expected route to a place that is otherwise not so easy to reach.

Improved Invisibility F3 -> 3 hits; no Drain
Levitate F3 -> 2 hits; no Drain

Infiltration -> I will skip that, I only have like 1 die left with the spells running.
Perception -> visual: 7 hits; audio: 4 hits; general: 3 hits

Bye
Thanee
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Oct 12 2013, 02:43 AM) *
FSM, don't fail me now!

Stealth: 3 hits
(almost a glitch, FSM was with me today!)

Perception: 3 hits any sense

you think you have managed to move quietly past the trap in the TRID-Room and circle around to the bottom of the stairs I have noted in IC without complication.

you glance up the stairwell and there is a locked door at the top,

Also you spot the dust and smoke particles waft around and are caught by a beam of infra red light that passes across the stairs about 3/4 of the way up,
some kind of alarm or a claymore or other device ???
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Thanee @ Oct 12 2013, 06:18 AM) *
I was thinking of using Levitate to take a non-expected route to a place that is otherwise not so easy to reach.

Improved Invisibility F3 -> 3 hits; no Drain
Levitate F3 -> 2 hits; no Drain

yup i thought you might be doing something other than jumping up and waving in their faces smile.gif
I still need a gymnastics roll though, as you find out that levitating in high winds on a moving ship while trying not to be noticed is harder than you actually envisaged smile.gif
you run the risk of floating off into the darkness or coming to earth with a bump that may get noticed.
Infiltration -> I will skip that, I only have like 1 die left with the spells running.

okee dokee it's noisy/windy enough out here to mask your presence, and i'll say you were at least moving quietly indoors so as to pass the ambush completely.

okay, you spot this scenario

a guy at the wheel and a guy with a gun stood behind him as per IC (in that image ignore the guys that are not in orange , they don't exist, but there are two guys taking cover against the front there, watching the door.
Thanee
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Oct 12 2013, 11:06 AM) *
I still need a gymnastics roll though

Okay, I will try my best with the -5 modifier from wounds and sustained spells. biggrin.gif

Gymnastics -> 0 hits, but at least no Glitch

Bye
Thanee
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Oct 12 2013, 04:55 PM) *
Also you spot the dust and smoke particles waft around and are caught by a beam of infra red light that passes across the stairs about 3/4 of the way up,
some kind of alarm or a claymore or other device ???

Looking for more of these beams, and how difficult would it be to just "step over" the beam itself?

Perception(visual): 4 hits
Thanee
Nova will steer upwards a bit and against the wind, keeping her in the air and release the fire spirit from service.

She will then summon a F3 plant spirit and have it use Guard and Movement on her, to protect herself against accidents and make herself a lot faster to be able to get back to the boat.

Summon Plant Spirit F3 -> 0 net hits; no Drain

New attempt...

Summon Plant Spirit F3 -> 0 net hits; 1S Drain

Crazy bad rolls... getting less hits on 7d6 vs. 3d6 biggrin.gif

Ok, third time's the charm...

Summon Plant Spirit F3 -> 0 net hits; no Drain

Ooook, now I have a total of 2 hits in 21 dice...

Lalala... again... still within the first 3 seconds here, BTW. wink.gif

Summon Plant Spirit F3 -> 2 net hits; no Drain Yay! smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Oct 13 2013, 03:18 AM) *
Looking for more of these beams, and how difficult would it be to just "step over" the beam itself?

Perception(visual): 4 hits

Now you know it is there, not difficult to step over, but it does make "rushing" the stairs impossible. Very difficult.
Should you want to.

On your amazing perception, the sound of something large and metallic falling over and being rent apart, vibrates up from the hold, kinda like youd imagine a truck being thrown sideways would sound like wink.gif
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Thanee @ Oct 13 2013, 07:13 AM) *
Lalala... again... still within the first 3 seconds here, BTW. wink.gif

Summoning is a complex action i thought? We arent in combat but this is way more than 3 seconds for four summoning attempts. smile.gif

Make 4 Agility+Magic tests against a threshold i will keep secret, then we'll see how far off you are before the spirit needs o help guide you back to safety.

I'm not going to make you roll to remember at the beginning there were watcher spirits around,

But its a really good time to remind you, i thought, from an Evil GM perspective. devil.gif
Thanee
Well, it should take about the same tome in and out of combat, no?

Anyways, rolling for Agi+Mag in a sec.

Bye
Thanee
Thanee
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4255711/

plus

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4255713/

2, 2, 0, and 1 hit(s)

Bye
Thanee
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Thanee @ Oct 13 2013, 10:02 AM) *
Well, it should take about the same tome in and out of combat, no?

Anyways, rolling for Agi+Mag in a sec.

Bye
Thanee

Yup, about 4-6 seconds as i recall, not huge amount of time i agree, but in a life and death situation ... Its a damn long time.

Have you seen a film called Gravity? Astronauts trying to grab hold and move around a space station that is also moving.

Thats how i envision it for you.
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Thanee @ Oct 13 2013, 10:13 AM) *

You are floating above the waters, 15 metres from the side of the boat before the spirit answers your prayers.

It emerges from the black waters like a leviathan of kelp and sea weed strands, it reaches up and grasps you, the drags you at speed towards its watery domain,
You ask your services and it grudgingly obeys, but is unable to reach the decks of the ship.

propelling you toward the open bow of the boat where it can reach to deposit you.

The water is flooding the deck and the vehicles slide dangerously about, The spirit drops you in about three feet of water close to the stairs,

Maintaining your earlier paranoid state of perception, you see the two trucks have collided and both lay stricken on their sides, the contents of one, spider eggs float around it .. The other dark and empty
Thanee
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Oct 13 2013, 11:21 AM) *
Yup, about 4-6 seconds as i recall, not huge amount of time i agree, but in a life and death situation ... Its a damn long time.

In combat turns it would be exactly 3s, actually, since Nova has 4 IP per turn. But not that it really matters much. Just to say, where I got those 3s from. :

Have you seen a film called Gravity? Astronauts trying to grab hold and move around a space station that is also moving.

Not yet, but seen the trailer.

Of course, they cannot control their movement in the air (or space in their case) with their will, like Nova can. wink.gif

Bye
Thanee
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Thanee @ Oct 13 2013, 12:08 PM) *
In combat turns it would be exactly 3s, actually, since Nova has 4 IP per turn. But not that it really matters much. Just to say, where I got those 3s from. :

Not yet, but seen the trailer.

Of course, they cannot control their movement in the air (or space in their case) with their will, like Nova can. wink.gif

Bye
Thanee

Aah i see what you mean, playing three different game systems currently, confusing complex actions with full round actions.. Etc... Well for the sake of drama we'll keep it as already stated.

And yes, i get the "because magic" reasoning, and thought actually, i want a bit more realism,
If someone has never cooked before, then a three egg omelette is going to be possible, but its gonna be rushed and messy and possibly kill someone,

same rule applies to levitating above a moving ship on high seas in the wind. Just cause its possible. Does not make it either easy or without risk.

Unless Nova has a proven history of practising this?

Now, NEXT TIME you do it, It'll be easy! Right nyahnyah.gif

Moving on anyways, the spirit uses the movement power ... Which specifically states within its realm of movement, i.e. Air for air, earth for ground etc.

I took the liberty of a kelp based plant spirit for water based movement, thats about as far as my suspenders of disbelief would allow me smile.gif

You look around, back in the vehicle hold, the hairs on the back of your neck are all on end! You could swear you are NOT ALONE!

IC asap folks please

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012