Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [OOC] Hijacked - LowInt ops
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30
Mach_Ten
I love you guys! I've so many ideas for IC right now!

Gimme a bit to work it out and i'll move us up a notch,

For now, impulse drives only smile.gif.
NeVeRLiFt
Did someone just say you've got a pretty mouth boy?
Mach_Ten
I honestly think this is some of my best work to date

ic.gif is up for you people

Nova, warm those dice up and hope that "the Lady" is listening

I'll allow you the time to see what's going on and get ONE pre-emptive spell / ability going.

Etiquette first (-2) for the spirit form (-1) for the overall distraction

this will see if they go from Hostile, down to .. somewhere better we hope. smile.gif

Then, follow it up with whatever Social roll you think best to convince them to do as you ask.

The rest of you, that scanner HUD on the windscreen is flashing up THREE BOGIES ! inbound ETA 3 minutes !

CRISPY make me some kind of COMPUTER ROLL please
LordArcana
QUOTE (NeVeRLiFt @ Oct 30 2013, 01:08 PM) *
Did someone just say you've got a pretty mouth boy?

EXACTLY!
NeVeRLiFt

Good stuff!
I was loling while reading that.
Thanee
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Oct 30 2013, 07:59 PM) *

And (-3) for the Stun Damage, I guess...

Bye
Thanee
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Thanee @ Oct 30 2013, 11:04 PM) *
And (-3) for the Stun Damage, I guess...

Naah i'll let that slide as your astral,

i know i know, it carries, but it's not actual damage, just a meter to measure unconsciousness ..

Thanee
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Oct 30 2013, 07:59 PM) *
this will see if they go from Hostile, down to .. somewhere better we hope. smile.gif
Then, follow it up with whatever Social roll you think best to convince them to do as you ask.

Etiquette and Con -> 2 hits and 4 (or 2) hits

The "(or 2)", if the "(-2) for the spirit form (-1) for the overall distraction" also applies here.

Bye
Thanee
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Thanee @ Oct 30 2013, 11:13 PM) *
Etiquette and Con -> 2 hits and 4 (or 2) hits

The "(or 2)", if the "(-2) for the spirit form (-1) for the overall distraction" also applies here.

Distraction works in your favour on CON,

I get 2 hits on etiquette so stay at hostile.

But with that modifier, i still don't beat your CON,

For some reason, they are willing to go along with .. Despite all the weirdness... Grats
Mach_Ten
okay, Thanee, read the below before making

three drive tests from Nova with the following mods :

Injuries
headlights off )-2 unless you counter it with gear / magic etc)
handling -1

good news, Murphy, if you have some way to counter the darkness, You too can make three drive (co-pilot rolls) with similar mods
and Nova can have any HITS as supplementary dice

if anyone has any bright ideas on how else to assist in the driving over rough terrain, speak now or forever be stuck in a ditch !

Also, any ideas on hiding from the systems of three inbound security drones would be nice too, still waiting on Crispy to roll computers to see if he got anything useful from his mad button pressing moment smile.gif

phlapjack77
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Oct 31 2013, 07:15 PM) *
Also, any ideas on hiding from the systems of three inbound security drones would be nice too, still waiting on Crispy to roll computers to see if he got anything useful from his mad button pressing moment smile.gif
Sorry, here goes:
Computer: [5,4,6,3,2,4,6,6,1] = (4) hits, didn't take into account any penalties for gas-stun damage or whatnot...

QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Oct 31 2013, 07:15 PM) *
if anyone has any bright ideas on how else to assist in the driving over rough terrain, speak now or forever be stuck in a ditch !

Dunno if it was a bright idea, but I posted AN idea on the end of my latest ic.gif ...

QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Oct 31 2013, 02:53 AM) *
so does not witness the awesome form of Murphy, naked as the day he was shat out by the Gods of Gunnery Sergeants 'OOH RAH!',
but for the camouflage coloured J-Strap that maintains his modesty
what....the....frag !?!?!?
LordArcana
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Oct 31 2013, 07:15 AM) *
okay, Thanee, read the below before making

three drive tests from Nova with the following mods :

Injuries
headlights off )-2 unless you counter it with gear / magic etc)
handling -1

good news, Murphy, if you have some way to counter the darkness, You too can make three drive (co-pilot rolls) with similar mods
and Nova can have any HITS as supplementary dice

I will roll as soon as I get home. I assume low light vision would counter the darkness? Also could I possibly sneak my Outdoorsman positive quality in there for a bonus to notice impassable terrain?

Driving Test 1: Drive: Pilot(2) + Attribute(6) - Handling(1) - Stun(2) = 5DP (5d6.hits(5)=0)

Driving Test 2: Drive: Pilot(2) + Attribute(6) - Handling(1) - Stun(2) = 5DP (5d6.hits(5)=1)

Driving Test 3: Drive: Pilot(2) + Attribute(6) - Handling(1) - Stun(2) = 5DP (5d6.hits(5)=3)
Thanee
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Oct 31 2013, 12:15 PM) *
Injuries

What would be the mod here, then?

I got 6S from the "insecticides" and 3S from the crash.

So, -1 or -3?

Bye
Thanee
LordArcana
QUOTE (Thanee @ Oct 31 2013, 10:14 AM) *
What would be the mod here, then?

I got 6S from the "insecticides" and 3S from the crash.

So, -1 or -3?

Bye
Thanee

Personally i just went under the assumption it was all totaled and used the end modifier for all stun damage taken so far.
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (LordArcana @ Oct 31 2013, 02:29 PM) *
Personally i just went under the assumption it was all totaled and used the end modifier for all stun damage taken so far.

I'm going to say the highest modifier as teh drugs -2

the book clashes with my random thoughts on the chemical I used.

for this encounter, I'm applying the modifier that the damage would impose BUT not the actual damage,
if that makes sense?

especially as you will recover quite quickly from the toxins, *(quicker than normal "S" damage) but not quite quick enough to be able to drive ...

IF the situation crops up again OR you guys use chemical agents, then I will book rule it, straight forward.

Mach_Ten
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Oct 31 2013, 12:01 PM) *
what....the....frag !?!?!?

Gunnery Sgt's are not born, they are created ! ... so I had to get creative with the metaphors Mmmkay ! smile.gif
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Oct 31 2013, 12:01 PM) *
Sorry, here goes:
Computer: [5,4,6,3,2,4,6,6,1] =
(4) hits

You get a breakdown on make and model from the radar signatures.

they only seem to be bearing on the last know position and the sounds of gun-shots,

if you can get to cover quick enough you "MAY" be able to evade detection,

Ford LEBD-1 variants (Non-LoneStar)

I'll also allow you one further piece of info, you ask smile.gif

Mach_Ten
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Oct 31 2013, 11:55 AM) *
With a sudden surge of inspiration, he called Baller out of his tactical pouch and had the little drone roll out until it was sitting pressed up against the inside front windshield, secured in place with the gecko tips on the dashboard. I'm trying to patch Baller's feeds into the nav-system on this POS, he's got UWB radar, thermo and lowlight going now. Somehow that's gotta help, right Artemis?"

THAT, Sir, is Divine !

forget vision penatlies to drive,

and add +1 to handling (Instead of -1) as the little magic 8-ball can put up an AR overlay of the ground out to half it's normal range,
you can see EVERY damn pot hole and rock that's in the way,

sheer genius ... /clap
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Nov 1 2013, 12:00 AM) *
THAT, Sir, is Divine !

forget vision penatlies to drive,

and add +1 to handling (Instead of -1) as the little magic 8-ball can put up an AR overlay of the ground out to half it's normal range,
you can see EVERY damn pot hole and rock that's in the way,

sheer genius ... /clap

Thank yew, thank yew! As payment, I'd like a response from Artemis ic.gif please biggrin.gif
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Oct 31 2013, 11:55 PM) *
I'll also allow you one further piece of info, you ask smile.gif

Are these things armed with flamethrowers? smokin.gif

But really, I'm trying to think of one thing that is realistically something Crispy could find out from the radar / sensor ping.

Ok, got it. Any kind of radio communication going on between them? Like, are they autonomous, or is a rigger driving them?
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Oct 31 2013, 04:14 PM) *
Thank yew, thank yew! As payment, I'd like a response from Artemis ic.gif please biggrin.gif

Your wish is my command !
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Oct 31 2013, 04:16 PM) *
Are these things armed with flamethrowers? smokin.gif

But really, I'm trying to think of one thing that is realistically something Crispy could find out from the radar / sensor ping.

Ok, got it. Any kind of radio communication going on between them? Like, are they autonomous, or is a rigger driving them?

Good Call, at present, they are autonomous, they are flying perfect formation and in exact straight lines without any meta-human variance or "Maverick" behaviour
LordArcana
nice idea smile.gif
Thanee
First, while Crispy is working, Nova will soup up her Reaction a bit... (replacing the Increase Charisma)

Increase Reaction F6 -> 2 hits; no Drain

Well, we can do that better... so one more try...

Increase Reaction F6 -> 4 hits; no Drain

Told ya!

Now... DRIIIIIVE!

#1 Pilot Ground Craft +/-0 (vision) -2 (wounds) +1 (handling) +0 (Teamwork) -> 4 hits (nice start smile.gif)
#2 Pilot Ground Craft +/-0 (vision) -2 (wounds) +1 (handling) +1 (Teamwork) -> 2 hits
#3 Pilot Ground Craft +/-0 (vision) -2 (wounds) +1 (handling) +1 (Teamwork; max. Skill Rating) -> 3 hits

Bye
Thanee
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Thanee @ Oct 31 2013, 05:44 PM) *
Now... DRIIIIIVE!

#1 Pilot Ground Craft +/-0 (vision) -2 (wounds) +1 (handling) +0 (Teamwork) -> 4 hits (nice start smile.gif)
#2 Pilot Ground Craft +/-0 (vision) -2 (wounds) +1 (handling) +1 (Teamwork) -> 2 hits
#3 Pilot Ground Craft +/-0 (vision) -2 (wounds) +1 (handling) +1 (Teamwork; max. Skill Rating) -> 3 hits

Well, I haven't spotted YOU !
Sensor test spot escaping vehicles
(4d6.hits(5)=1,
4d6.hits(5)=1,
4d6.hits(5)=1)

What the....? frown.gif
Sensor test spot escaping hillbillies
(4d6.hits(5)=1,
4d6.hits(5)=1,
4d6.hits(5)=1)

Drones suck frown.gif

feel free to IC your escape to the coast, the truck you follow turns and heads North along the sand towards the imposing WALL.

it will pull up short in a small cove that gives cover
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Nov 1 2013, 12:49 AM) *
Everything goes instantly dark, the HUD and all the AR widgets wink out of existence "Drek drek drek" he reaches out to yank the cord and suddenly the whole cabin is flooded with light.

Hehehe - I love these scenes in movies

QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Nov 1 2013, 02:45 AM) *
Drones suck frown.gif
Yeah, I found that out too - without giving drones some really good sensors and some good autosofts, they aren't very capable. One of the first things on Crispy's todo-list is to upgrade his drones with better sensors and autosofts...
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Nov 1 2013, 04:39 AM) *
Hehehe - I love these scenes in movies

Yeah, I found that out too - without giving drones some really good sensors and some good autosofts, they aren't very capable. One of the first things on Crispy's todo-list is to upgrade his drones with better sensors and autosofts...

I can upgrade drones ?? devil.gif

Learn summat new every day
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Nov 1 2013, 05:18 PM) *
I can upgrade drones ?? devil.gif

Learn summat new every day

Well...no, I doubt YOU can. nyahnyah.gif
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Nov 1 2013, 09:31 AM) *
Well...no, I doubt YOU can. nyahnyah.gif

But i don't need to! I just wave my magic GM hand .. And voila, they all have railguns and radar!
LordArcana
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Nov 1 2013, 05:34 AM) *
But i don't need to! I just wave my magic GM hand .. And voila, they all have railguns and radar!

Gotta love those SMART, self replicating drones. Kinda like the new Knight Rider... can change shape and add new systems all on their own... Wait i didn't say that... don't listen to the crazy person...
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (LordArcana @ Nov 1 2013, 09:35 AM) *
Gotta love those SMART, self replicating drones. Kinda like the new Knight Rider... can change shape and add new systems all on their own... Wait i didn't say that... don't listen to the crazy person...

sorry what ? I couldn't hear you over the sound of me cackling hysterically.

ic.gif is up feel free to begin to plot and query me

the drones don't seem to be anywhere in 'sight' but you can hear them jetting around easily enough.
LordArcana
OMG i nearly cried at the end of that IC.... the death of a drone frown.gif
NeVeRLiFt
If everyone has a way to cover their face?
We might could continue to fool these hillbilly locals into believing we're aliens!
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (NeVeRLiFt @ Nov 1 2013, 05:01 PM) *
If everyone has a way to cover their face?
We might could continue to fool these hillbilly locals into believing we're aliens!

Nova will convince you that is a bad idea, they think the "Aliens" or drones as we call them, are here to abduct and experiment on him and his children.

Toss me a perception check Sanchez please.

NeVeRLiFt
Visual Perception (10d6.hits(5)=4)
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (NeVeRLiFt @ Nov 1 2013, 05:28 PM) *

You look out and see them celebrating, your keen eyes spot some kind of pressure hose, connected to Bobby-Sue
And then passed to Pa.

Looking at the beach and up to the wall, you can see massive spheres that look like six foot wide proximity mines!

Looking closer, there are worn and faded tyre tracks, the ocean has washed a lot away, so it's not a complete path.
But you think some of them might be faulty or disabled.
NeVeRLiFt
So we have here some hillbilly island locals who have cyberware and bioware and as one of the sons said earlier(one of the previous GM posts) they rely on some chemical substance and he was running low on and worried about running out of it.
Is this how they breath the toxic air with no ill effects?

Is there anything we can roll or do to try to gain more insight to this?

So this area is home to TinyTina from Borderlands and has proximity mines everywhere!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBLWDvlvn8Q
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (NeVeRLiFt @ Nov 1 2013, 06:12 PM) *
So we have here some hillbilly island locals who have cyberware and bioware and as one of the sons said earlier(one of the previous GM posts) they rely on some chemical substance and he was running low on and worried about running out of it.
Is this how they breath the toxic air with no ill effects?

Is there anything we can roll or do to try to gain more insight to this?

So this area is home to TinyTina from Borderlands and has proximity mines everywhere!!!!

Lol yeah pretty much. Correct on all counts and Tina has sent you an invite to tea!

No need to roll anything further. It's fair to say your assumptions are correct.
So feel free to act .. or talk about them.
NeVeRLiFt
I posted IC letting the others know what I've saw and what I'm thinking.
Mach_Ten
If anyone has any skills around chemicals or knowledge medical ..

Otherwise default to logic test (-1)

I'm gonna go downstairs to my GM crypt and necromancy up an awesome map for you,

No need to thank me! You are welcome.
NeVeRLiFt
Hey Mach_Ten, I thought this might interest you.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Shadowrun/comments...5_gm_resources/

Lot's really good maps and some other useful stuff.
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (NeVeRLiFt @ Nov 2 2013, 01:07 AM) *
Hey Mach_Ten, I thought this might interest you.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Shadowrun/comments...5_gm_resources/

Lot's really good maps and some other useful stuff.

MEH! THanks man.. But that is NOWHERE NEAR AS COOL as My maps ! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Phear my paint skillzorz !
NeVeRLiFt
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Nov 1 2013, 08:21 PM) *
MEH! THanks man.. But that is NOWHERE NEAR AS COOL as My maps ! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Phear my paint skillzorz !

Serious those Blackjack maps are very nice I would get them.
Raiden
HERES JOHNY!, seems you guys got everything handled. I have been w/out internet for a while, that and work + school = no time to remember much less do fun things :/ if its full or if I am banned due to unexcused absence ok, though I may stick around for some much needed lols. sorry again!
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Nov 2 2013, 08:20 AM) *
If anyone has any skills around chemicals or knowledge medical ..
Chemistry KS: 2 hits
Medicine skill: 1 hit

I'll edit my ic.gif with what those rolls tell me smile.gif

QUOTE (Raiden @ Nov 2 2013, 12:41 PM) *
HERES JOHNY!, seems you guys got everything handled. I have been w/out internet for a while, that and work + school = no time to remember much less do fun things :/ if its full or if I am banned due to unexcused absence ok, though I may stick around for some much needed lols. sorry again!

Hey man! Glad to see you're alive smile.gif
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Nov 2 2013, 05:48 AM) *
Chemistry KS: 2 hits
Medicine skill: 1 hit

I'll edit my ic.gif with what those rolls tell me smile.gif

They tell you, that the onshore sea breeze should keep the 'contact' portion of the toxin away from you.
And the respirator will be fine for the rest.

Should be reasonably safe in this area and safer at the wall.

Also, the cannister the group of locals were passing the hose around looks, from the symbols you can see, to be compressed air, maybe the metallic portion of Pa's chest is a badly implemented air tank.

They arent "breathing" the toxin nor are they immune from that respect, the drink he offers is probably just hooch, brewed from the plants that have natural anti toxins built in.

But thats a LOT of guesswork right there...
Thanee
So, we could dump the car after all, and swim/dive to avoid the wall, I guess.

The only other way I see is to Con our way through there, when taking the road.

Is that part behind the wall restricted area or something like that?

There is a ferry taking random tourists and other seemingly normal people to Vashon Island, after all... what would those do here? wink.gif

Bye
Thanee
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Raiden @ Nov 2 2013, 04:41 AM) *

Wow, hey stranger!

I will never outright ban a player, not without good reason or lots of beer!
though some kind of notice would have been nice smile.gif
I understand internet is a commodity not everyone has 100% of the time, no probs.

BUT, character wise i've just deployed a search and rescue drone to drag LongShot to safety after he deployed a lifeboat from a spider infested sinking burning ship.
Or
You can say he is KIA. Your choice

Gamewise, i think currently getting you to the party is going to take too much resourse OR start a full on, running battle!

If you are okay to hang around, maybe i can insert you with ESTEVEZ or HAMMER, and then regroup.?

So, thats reserve bench for a while. smile.gif

Whats your schedule like on the run up to Xmas ? Any other breakages in service?
If you're about enough I'll try to squeeze you in asap.

Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Thanee @ Nov 2 2013, 10:07 AM) *
So, we could dump the car after all, and swim/dive to avoid the wall, I guess.

The only other way I see is to Con our way through there, when taking the road.

Now we have the map, you are on the beach,

A high rocky wall, about ten feet, separates beach from the synth fields and there are sometimes sandy ramps up
Where the rocks have eroded etc.

You currently have concealment from the wall and the massive light house guard tower on the coast.

About half a klick ahead, the WALL rises to about 100 feet, it seems to be dotted with lights, like in a skyscraper,
Inhabited? Offices? Something else?

But you can't see the ground without breaking cover and going for a look

i'll let you do some scouting if you exit the vehicle?
Infiltration and perception, and tell me where you are going, especially given the place is strewn with proximity explosives.

QUOTE (Thanee @ Nov 2 2013, 10:07 AM) *
Is that part behind the wall restricted area or something like that?

There is a ferry taking random tourists and other seemingly normal people to Vashon Island, after all... what would those do here? wink.gif

Beyond the wall, to the east, at Burton is the VIP and executive living space, to the west are the slums and worker living spaces, separated by more WALL™

The ferry doesnt usually land crash, on a beach, it usually lands and tourists are permitted during the day to the Bio dome and activity centre,

The chemicals are only sprayed at night, i think i did say, and anyone with clearance drives north along the road you were on in enviro sealed vehicles to the customs point ahead.

You need to look to see how that operation works.
Thanee
Do we have a map of the whole island, where those WALLz™ are on?

Seems kinda weird, that we did not know about this one beforehand. wink.gif

Bye
Thanee
LordArcana
This is the way the world ends.
This is the way the world ends
This is the way the world ends.
Not with a bang but a whimper.
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Thanee @ Nov 2 2013, 10:39 AM) *
Do we have a map of the whole island, where those WALLz™ are on?

Seems kinda weird, that we did not know about this one beforehand. wink.gif

Yes you have a map with the wall on it in the dropbox. Think its called AR MAP?

Vashon is a Private island, often intelligence is hard come by,
and in an age of metroplexes and arcologies, something this size is inconsequential.

I see what you're saying, but in all honesty, ZERG. Paid someone else to get the data, and didn't expect to be here now,

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012