Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [OOC] Hijacked - LowInt ops
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Aug 15 2013, 03:23 AM) *
Combat tactics: 3 hits
[ Spoiler ]

QUOTE (Raiden @ Aug 14 2013, 11:45 PM) *
7d6.hits(5)=1-magical threats
[ Spoiler ]

7d6.hits(5)=4- parazoology
[ Spoiler ]

9d6.hits(5)=1 for combat tactics >.>..............
[ Spoiler ]

QUOTE (Thanee @ Aug 14 2013, 11:10 PM) *
Is Nova back from the Hummer then? I will assume that for now...

yes, we are in normal time for now, so let me know what you guys are doing with gear etc. I also presume Crispy is getting into his real armour,

let me know what
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Thanee @ Aug 15 2013, 03:58 PM) *
-2 from Magic
maybe -1 from Essence (it says -1 per 2 points of lost Essence; Nova has slightly below 1 point of lost Essence)

Ok cool.

First medkit run, physical damage: 3 hits
Second medkit run, stun damage: 3 hits

Well those rolls sucked - this would only heal 1 box each. Lemme Edge those rolls to re-roll misses...

Reroll physical: 3 hits
Reroll stun: 2 hits

So in total, 4 boxes of physical healed, 3 boxes of stun. Took a total of 7 combat turns (so like 21 seconds?)

2 Edge spent.
Mach_Ten
it's been a Month already so, Anyone for Karma ?
phlapjack77

Mach_Ten

Thanee

Raiden

Dakka Fiend
REDACTED
EDGE IS REFRESHED

and yes! , bad guys are getting karma to buy a pool of edge rather than having their own individual trait ... sue me ! biggrin.gif
phlapjack77
Whew! used those 2 edge just in the nick of time! smile.gif
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Aug 15 2013, 10:25 AM) *

yup, you'll need them ! biggrin.gif

coccoon damage resist
(15d6.hits(5)=6)

wow, he lands on the corpse of a spider thing that breaks his fall leaving him still (barely) conscious
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Aug 15 2013, 05:52 PM) *
yup, you'll need them ! biggrin.gif
please be gentle...it's my first time

QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Aug 15 2013, 05:52 PM) *
coccoon damage resist
(15d6.hits(5)=6)

wow, he lands on the corpse of a spider thing that breaks his fall leaving him still (barely) conscious
Crispy has apparently ignored his condition to deal with Nova first biggrin.gif

"nah bro, you're fine. just walk it off!"
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Aug 15 2013, 11:03 AM) *
Crispy has apparently ignored his condition to deal with Nova first biggrin.gif

"nah bro, you're fine. just walk it off!"

yup, ic.gif up for ya, no need to change yours, I just got a bit of a different idea on the coccoons ,, they are a LOT more solid than you gave them credit for ... maybe there's a reason .. maybe not
Thanee
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Aug 15 2013, 11:25 AM) *

Nice timing! smile.gif

Damage remaining: 0P / 4S

Bye
Thanee
Thanee
If anyone is physically wounded still, Nova could also use her Heal spell.

Bye
Thanee
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Aug 15 2013, 06:16 PM) *
yup, ic.gif up for ya, no need to change yours, I just got a bit of a different idea on the coccoons ,, they are a LOT more solid than you gave them credit for ... maybe there's a reason .. maybe not

Cool smile.gif And just for clarification, I wasn't complaining about the depictions or anything. Just thought it was a funny scene to have the guard flopping around on the ground, and Crispy ignoring him and stepping over his injured form to help out Nova smile.gif

With the stickiness and the kevlar-like properties, maybe we could make some cocoon body armor...
Raiden
what about the 8 stun longhshot over there >.>
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Aug 15 2013, 03:30 PM) *
With the stickiness and the kevlar-like properties, maybe we could make some cocoon body armor...

And I'm waiting for the penny to drop ... regarding my entire fragging plot!

Crispy want an intelligence test to realise what the critters are for? Or you taking your cookie now?
phlapjack77
no no, I think I'm good (don't you mean biscuit? biggrin.gif)

so...these spiders...were going to be used...to...hijack ships and...wrap people up in cocoons...so the bodies could be...smuggled safely to Tanamous....

how'd I do? biggrin.gif

Raiden what's your Essence? I already put it up IC, I'll roll to see how well Crispy can first aid him.
Raiden
2.28 atm. I forgot what that is. (I thought essence only effected magical healing)
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Aug 15 2013, 03:53 PM) *
no no, I think I'm good (don't you mean biscuit? biggrin.gif)

so...these spiders...were going to be used...to...hijack ships and...wrap people up in cocoons...so the bodies could be...smuggled safely to Tanamous....

how'd I do? biggrin.gif

Yes exactly that... when runners just can't get the job done.... SPIDERS wink.gif
Raiden
try paranormal giant Bees.
Thanee
QUOTE (Raiden @ Aug 15 2013, 05:03 PM) *
2.28 atm. I forgot what that is. (I thought essence only effected magical healing)

It also affects First Aid, but not to the same degree.

Bye
Thanee
Thanee
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Aug 15 2013, 04:48 PM) *
And I'm waiting for the penny to drop ... regarding my entire fragging plot!

Clothing company, resilient spidersilk, ... no sorry, no clue! smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Thanee @ Aug 15 2013, 04:21 PM) *
Clothing company, resilient spidersilk, ... no sorry, no clue! smile.gif

LOLz
QUOTE (Raiden @ Aug 15 2013, 04:09 PM) *
" ey any of you guys got any explosives? "

lolwhut ?
QUOTE (Raiden @ Aug 15 2013, 04:09 PM) *
"Now, my old CO would say, "you bloody idiot think about what your doing! "

I like your old CO ... he and I should get a beer and chat about old times, .. I also like my boat ... I also like all my plot at sea level, this is NOT 20,000 leagues under the Sea !!!! biggrin.gif
Raiden
I just remebered that Longshot prob brought some TnT, foam, and possibly some dynamite with him. very little to save space but some!
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Raiden @ Aug 15 2013, 05:04 PM) *
I just remebered that Longshot prob brought some TnT, foam, and possibly some dynamite with him. very little to save space but some!

maybe enough to put a dirty scorch mark on the paintwork and deafen yourselves inside the tin can nyahnyah.gif

Raiden
bah nyahnyah.gif 1 foam itself is enough
Mach_Ten
You dont have long apparently, Whats tha plan?
Raiden
good question, are we going to ambush them? or sneak on to there ship while they are preoccupied?
Raiden
also, what was my healing. haha
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Raiden @ Aug 15 2013, 11:13 PM) *
try paranormal giant Bees.

I was going to say you forgot Carnivorous, but I guess that would be redundant...

QUOTE (Raiden @ Aug 16 2013, 06:58 AM) *
also, what was my healing. haha

Sorry, fell asleep last night before rolling this.
First-aid on Longshot: 2 hits
Edge re-rolling the misses: 1 hit
I nominate this as pretty close to the worst rolling possible: 24 dice, 3 hits

Sorry man, Crispy is able to heal Longshot a grand total of 1S frown.gif

QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Aug 16 2013, 05:40 AM) *
You dont have long apparently, Whats tha plan?

Unless anyone objects or has a different idea, Crispy suggests putting Nova in a good sniping position, and having Crispy and Longshot set up in a closer position (yet behind cover!). Probably set up near where the bow doors are, first figuring out how to open them. After a few guys come in to check out what's going on and get the truck, 2 of us sneak onboard and "pacify" the boat occupants.

Sounds like the spiders weren't even the most valuable cargo on the truck. Maybe we should look into that if we have time smile.gif (please don't be spider eggs, please don't be spider eggs...
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Aug 16 2013, 08:15 AM) *
Sorry man, Crispy is able to heal Longshot a grand total of 1S frown.gif

Worst .. Medic ... Everrrr !
first figuring out how to open them.

the mechanism is in the control room, there "May" be an emergency override locally ... maybe
please don't be spider eggs, please don't be spider eggs...

the implication being that these cute lil' babies are just ... babies ? devil.gif
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Aug 16 2013, 04:07 PM) *
Worst .. Medic ... Everrrr !
I know where I'm spending Karma next...

the mechanism is in the control room, there "May" be an emergency override locally ... maybe
cool - that might be the place to start. I'll try to post up an IC about all of this before (my) day's end

the implication being that these cute lil' babies are just ... babies ? devil.gif
Ok you're right, what was I thinking? We're setting this whole thing on fire! Longshot, where's that TNT? biggrin.gif
Mach_Ten
NEW BLANK MAP ADDED

Currently you are congregated around [ L:6 ]

use the grid to describe positions and the cover you are taking and any objectives etc. should make it easier
Raiden
I shoulda rolled teamwork for you my bad haha crispy.
Thanee
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Aug 16 2013, 11:37 AM) *
use the grid to describe positions and the cover you are taking and any objectives etc. should make it easier

Nova will head outside (upper deck), once we have searched the truck.

But, I think it is a good idea to get astral for a moment - before we do that - and quickly take a look outside to see where the other ship is. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Thanee @ Aug 16 2013, 03:23 PM) *
Nova will head outside (upper deck), once we have searched the truck.

But, I think it is a good idea to get astral for a moment - before we do that - and quickly take a look outside to see where the other ship is. smile.gif

diving into astral space you immediately notice the wards all over the truck that you spotted on the way down.
you notice the watcher spirits are missing.

Stepping around that you head up and out into the night air which is instantly both refreshing and terrifying !

The waters below you look inky black, not just dark but utterly devoid of light,
not even reflections escape the fluid surface and you feel as if you are being drawn down into them,
your will alone allows you to keep your astral footing, but after mere portions of a second have passed
you still feel mentally drained as if a blackhole were sucking your soul away

you risk a quick glance out to sea and the shape of a ghost ship looms into view,
the dead metals of it's construction bought to life by the myriad of seagoing lifeforms clinging to it,
it's gigantic maw opens like that of a shark with row upon row of dead rotting teeth ready to rip you up and engulf you piece by piece.
it is only a few hundred metres away physically but feels as if you can feel it's cold salty dead breath on your face

it's all you can do to race back to your physical form, you blink twice and occupy your body once more.. a cold clammy sweat soaks your clothes to the skin.

"ебать меня!! what was that?"

secondly, I'm not 100% on magic, I'm trying to give it a feel of being different to the physical so please put me right if it's off

Lastly, feel free to plagiarise for any IC you want to post, don't want to steal your thunder smile.gif
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Raiden @ Aug 16 2013, 02:16 PM) *

no Stim patches in the bag ?

phlapjack77
QUOTE (Raiden @ Aug 16 2013, 09:16 PM) *

Show Dr. Crispy where the bad spiders touched you...

Does anyone have an opinion on whether we try to use this guy (Drago) to get on the ship, or don't trust him and go with our original plan? I (Crispy) will be against trusting the guy.
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Aug 16 2013, 03:57 PM) *
Does anyone have an opinion on whether we try to use this guy

Do I get a vote ? vegm.gif
Thanee
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Aug 16 2013, 04:46 PM) *
Meta : has Nova experienced a high background count before ?

Well, not in game, obviously. Being a soldier/mercenary, I suppose background count isn't completely alien to her, though. You will end up in some bad places here and there.

if not a knowledge check should help identify that the deep waters out here are not safe,
but above them you should be okay

secondly, I'm not 100% on magic, I'm trying to give it a feel of being different to the physical so please put me right if it's off

The main question I have is, is there something magical about that ship (that should be totally obvious in the astral space, if it is magically active or something like that), or is that just the rather strong emotional impression coming from it.

Bye
Thanee
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Thanee @ Aug 16 2013, 04:09 PM) *
The main question I have is, is there something magical about that ship (that should be totally obvious in the astral space, if it is magically active or something like that), or is that just the rather strong emotional impression coming from it.

it's just a chunk of dead metal represented here in that fashion, nothing magical about it

it does have a very strong emotional aura as you mention as it's had a long and varied life carrying men of violence
Mach_Ten
Do you guys want a fourth attendee to this party ? ..

I've not invited anyone yet but will take it from you if you want some more input now that Brian is officialy MIA/KIA
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Aug 17 2013, 12:10 AM) *
Do you guys want a fourth attendee to this party ? ..

I've not invited anyone yet but will take it from you if you want some more input now that Brian is officialy MIA/KIA

I'm fine with a 4th! Any more than 4 might be too many tho' (just sayin')

QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Aug 16 2013, 11:02 PM) *
Do I get a vote ? vegm.gif
I would only hesitate to say yes because it seems like too much work to figure out if the vote you cast is meant to help us or hinder us biggrin.gif
phlapjack77
Trying to intimidate Drago: 5 hits (now there's my roll!)
(note: I gave Crispy a +4 bonus for the "situation"(outnumber Drago, causing him pain), if there is no bonus it's only 3 hits)
Raiden
I'm fine with a 4th. And possibly a 5th but at that point it can get a tad congested
Raiden
12d6.hits(5)=4 intimidation (interrogation same bonus crispy gave himself. even if I don't get it I still got 4 hits haha) yes took out wound modifiers as well.
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Raiden @ Aug 16 2013, 06:56 PM) *
12d6.hits(5)=4 intimidation (interrogation same bonus crispy gave himself. even if I don't get it I still got 4 hits haha) yes took out wound modifiers as well.

Okay. Begin the pissing contest to intimidate the guy who's already spilling his guts; lol

It becomes rapidly apparent that he and his guys were not expecting paranormal spiders ..the distinct aroma of urine emanating from around crispys feet at the mention gives it away.
their plan was to disable the engine with a small charge but one of the guards got a bit close and tampered setting it off in a bad place.

He tries to explain that they weren't told the contents.
The job is to get the truck.
And deliver it before vashon noticed
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Aug 17 2013, 02:16 AM) *
Okay. Begin the pissing contest to intimidate the guy who's already spilling his guts; lol
the distinct aroma of urine emanating from around crispys feet at the mention gives it away.
Longshot! A "pissing contest" isn't literal!
Thanee
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Aug 16 2013, 06:10 PM) *
Do you guys want a fourth attendee to this party ?

Sure, go for it! smile.gif

Bye
Thanee

Thanee
The ship is still a bit away, right? So the people coming down must be those "civilians", who are part of the whole "hijack the van" crew?

Also, remember we (including the spirit itself) are still being concealed by the spirit. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Thanee @ Aug 16 2013, 10:47 PM) *
The ship is still a bit away, right? So the people coming down must be those "civilians", who are part of the whole "hijack the van crew.

Correct, as far as you can tell all the guards are coccooned or dead, the only way on board will be if/when u open the bow doors

QUOTE (Thanee @ Aug 16 2013, 10:47 PM) *
Also, remember we (including the spirit itself) are still being concealed by the spirit. smile.gif

Gotcha, thats why he is looking around and not directly at you, but remind the guys that you need to drop that before any negotiations begin etc.
Thanee
Question is... could I ask the spirit to drop it from Crispy and Longshot, but keep protecting me without using up another service (which I do not have wink.gif)?

Bye
Thanee
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Thanee @ Aug 16 2013, 10:55 PM) *
Question is... could I ask the spirit to drop it from Crispy and Longshot, but keep protecting me without using up another service (which I do not have wink.gif)?

I'll rule that if they draw attention to themselves then the power drops, but would need another service to reactivate on them, as long as you stay concealed then you're good until the fit hits the shan

I'm looking forward to where this goes wink.gif
Thanee
Oh, it goes to where it always goes... chaos, destruction and general mayhem! biggrin.gif

Bye
Thanee
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012