Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [OOC] Hijacked - LowInt ops
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Thanee @ Jul 13 2013, 09:56 PM) *
Dropping the Invisibility when casting Heal on Pete.

Heal F5 -> 5 hits

Does he have 8 boxes of physical damage or less?

he had taken 7 boxes of physical and thought he was on the night boat down the Styx... apparently not though
Thanee
Ok, then Nova gets no Drain with her 6 hits (DV is his damage level - 2, so DV 5).

Bye
Thanee
Mach_Ten
roll me a disguise attempt Crispy old man
phlapjack77
Disguise: (spending a point of edge for exploding 6's)
Int(3) + Disguise(1) + Edge(5) = 2 hits
Mach_Ten
ic.gif is up,

Brian is officially on Chauffeur Duty for the forseeable future. feel free to abuse him in IC rather than the autopiolt.
but not for any overt actions... he has left his guns behind smile.gif

If you know of anyone interested in a spot then I'll welcome a Char sheet, I'm not going to recruit though with all the SR5 stuff going on.

Crispy at this distance the disguise holds perfectly, be ready to ad-lib if they get up close asking for ID etc. smile.gif

Nova Pete is not making any overt signs other than a hint of distrust of Runners and magic users, feel free to carry on conversation as the boat pulls in.
Robotic Pete is fully out of commission, let team know if there's any alternatives you want to try

Longshot where art thou ? and what are you doing while Crispy is getting his kit off (and after)
Raiden
Been a tad busy will update soon
Raiden
Not going to try the disguise thing. Not something long shot would do. Or do well.
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Raiden @ Jul 16 2013, 05:13 PM) *
Not going to try the disguise thing. Not something long shot would do. Or do well.

no worries, if your staying with the vehicle that's fine, just tell me where you wanna be and any intentions etc.
phlapjack77
Mach, can I have Crispy make a hardware roll or something like that? He's also got Engineering as a knowledge skill
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Jul 17 2013, 08:21 AM) *
Mach, can I have Crispy make a hardware roll or something like that? He's also got Engineering as a knowledge skill

sure make the roll though then IC it up.

Pete will tell ya that it's been needing a replacement controller board for years.

Here's Robo -Pete

just with added Pirate paraphernalia.

just for added clarification, the boat can dock and easily release the onboard vehicles..
it's BOARDING vehicles that have a MECHANICAL RETRACTING BOLLARD in front of each parking bay, stopping them from getting access to the boat without paying.

These are controlled by Robo Pete, you may be able to repair or bypass or think of something else
phlapjack77
Dang, and one of my other characters is the one with the Juryrigger quality...

ouch, 1 hit on Hardware to open Robotic Pete up and have a look

Threw a little "British" into my IC post for ya'll over there on that side of the world nyahnyah.gif
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Jul 17 2013, 08:55 AM) *
Dang, and one of my other characters is the one with the Juryrigger quality...

ouch, 1 hit on Hardware to open Robotic Pete up and have a look

wow, soooo many 2's smile.gif

the inside is a mess of wires and chips and circuits,
you can see where the damage is, a nest of rats in the back with an angry litter and an angrier mother who nips at your fingers as you try to undo the tangle of chewed wires.

pulling the main PCB (Power control board) you notice a pretty terminal hole through the middle, say a quick prayer of last rites and pronounce it dead!

this is either going to take a day of soldering, there's a small tool box present
but the sign inside says "Warranty void if not maintained by certified ROBO-TRONICS engineer
or waiting on a courier to deliver the parts and wait for a fix,

phlapjack77
Yeah...at least they weren't 1's...

Ok, I'll post up IC with this

and I can't resist

"Robotic Pete, I think your warranty has just been..."

smile.gif -> cool.gif

"voided"

YEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH

biggrin.gif
Thanee
If all else fails, Nova could still try to bribe the guys on the boat... surely there is some sort of manual override for those bollard thingies.

Or we could try to hack it... do we have someone with hacking skills? smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Thanee @ Jul 17 2013, 04:14 PM) *
If all else fails, Nova could still try to bribe the guys on the boat... surely there is some sort of manual override for those bollard thingies.

Might be left with dealing with the guys on the boat, if there's no manual override. Oh, and we'll have to deal with the cause of those approaching sirens too.

No hacking for Crispy, just EW and hardware type stuff. He does have a decent Logic, but no gear (software mainly) for the hacking.
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Thanee @ Jul 17 2013, 09:14 AM) *

Lots of options that you guys have provided

1) Manual override = in there somewhere but crispy keeps gettign his fingers nipped by vermin and can't quite reach it

2) Bribe the Skipper or persuade him

3) Hacking would not be possible as it's pretty much all mechanical, no computers and at present no power

4) go on foot and leave the Hummer for the gangers and seagulls (bearing in mind Vashon is populated so any overt military gear will have to be left behind)

5) other.

/meta I'm happy with the way this is going, you're not too far off track or schedule otherwise Ricoh would have been on the horn asking what the frag was going on smile.gif
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Jul 17 2013, 04:33 PM) *
Lots of options that you guys have provided

1) Manual override = in there somewhere but crispy keeps gettign his fingers nipped by vermin and can't quite reach it

2) Bribe the Skipper or persuade him

3) Hacking would not be possible as it's pretty much all mechanical, no computers and at present no power

4) go on foot and leave the Hummer for the gangers and seagulls (bearing in mind Vashon is populated so any overt military gear will have to be left behind)

5) other.

/meta I'm happy with the way this is going, you're not too far off track or schedule otherwise Ricoh would have been on the horn asking what the frag was going on smile.gif
What does everyone think about this? Plan A is manual override by Crispy. Plan B is bribe/persuade by Nova (should go better with witnesses around). Plan C is go on foot, Brian can be left to take the humvee somewhere safe. It would suck to have to leave the military gear, but if it's the only option...
phlapjack77
Oh, and in case this is needed in the meanwhile at some point: Hardware roll again, 4 hits
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Jul 17 2013, 11:29 AM) *
Oh, and in case this is needed in the meanwhile at some point: Hardware roll again, 4 hits

Good skills,

I'm calling it an extended test, in that it's possible just needs a certain level of success and each roll takes a certain amount of time.

ic.gif inbound

REA Check from Crispy please

Actions and intentions from the rest smile.gif
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Jul 17 2013, 06:43 PM) *
Good skills,

I'm calling it an extended test, in that it's possible just needs a certain level of success and each roll takes a certain amount of time.

ic.gif inbound

REA Check from Crispy please

Actions and intentions from the rest smile.gif

Ok, here's an extended test rolling 9 times - not sure if this is the type where you subtract one die each time or what. The most notable roll in the bunch is the glitch (but 4 successes!) on the first roll smile.gif sorry, misunderstood your intention and hadn't read the IC first. Don't think this is necessary.

REA Check = 1 hit
Thanee
Give Johnny a kick to send him sleeping again.

Assuming Superior Position, since he is on the ground. Also Called Shot for +2 DV.

Unarmed Combat -> 2 hits with Base Damage 3S

Bye
Thanee
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Jul 17 2013, 12:51 PM) *
Ok, here's an extended test rolling 9 times - not sure if this is the type where you subtract one die each time or what. The most notable roll in the bunch is the glitch (but 4 successes!) on the first roll smile.gif sorry, misunderstood your intention and hadn't read the IC first. Don't think this is necessary.

REA Check = 1 hit

no worries, I wasn't clear in not needing the further rolls smile.gif
you dodge the bullets as he wasn't aiming for you.

aaaand Tatjana has him sleeping like a baby again .. although his overflow damage is getting on the high side biggrin.gif poor lad is gonna need some medical attention, .. now if only there was an ambulance nearby .... oh snap ! .. wait a minute .... devil.gif
Thanee
He cannot really have much physical damage, though. At most, 4 boxes or something like that (if he got 0 hits resisting this time)?

From Nova, that is... who knows what his drugs do to him. wink.gif

Bye
Thanee
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Thanee @ Jul 17 2013, 01:09 PM) *
He cannot really have much physical damage, though. At most, 4 boxes or something like that (if he got 0 hits resisting this time)?

From Nova, that is... who knows what his drugs do to him. wink.gif

Drugs are BAD Mmmkay smile.gif

Ambulance drivers about to exit their vehicle and enter the front door, what you guys up to ?
Thanee
Nothing, wait for them.

Bye
Thanee
Raiden
Sorry for the a late posts. Been busy again lol
Raiden
Also if it seems the cars are being checked longshot will activate his ruythium coating on his armor.
phlapjack77
Mach, I'm not sure if my IC post makes sense after you ninja-posted ahead of me smile.gif Let me know if I need to adjust it or something. Crispy wouldn't have said too much in front of the ambulance guys.
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Jul 17 2013, 05:16 PM) *
Mach, I'm not sure if my IC post makes sense after you ninja-posted ahead of me smile.gif Let me know if I need to adjust it or something. Crispy wouldn't have said too much in front of the ambulance guys.

I'm just thinking the same .. I'll cut and paste mine into another post after .. that fixes it
phlapjack77
thanks mate smile.gif
Mach_Ten
Perception rolls all round please folks

time to get this boat-a-float
Thanee
Perception (Visual) -> 5 hits (Audio: 4 hits; other: 3 hits)

Bye
Thanee
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Thanee @ Jul 18 2013, 01:04 PM) *
Perception (Visual) -> 5 hits (Audio: 4 hits; other: 3 hits)

is astral perception something you have to activate ? and is it a separate roll or just keyed off perception ?

also, does physical barriers give concealment to astral plane ?
Thanee
Astral Perception has to be active, yes. It is a seperate skill (Assensing).

You cannot see through physical barriers on the astral (not even windows).

Bye
Thanee
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Thanee @ Jul 18 2013, 02:01 PM) *
Astral Perception has to be active, yes. It is a seperate skill (Assensing).

You cannot see through physical barriers on the astral (not even windows).

Ack, cheers, okay, nothing to see here ... move along devil.gif
Thanee
Yessir. Moving... to the ferry, that is.

Bye
Thanee
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Thanee @ Jul 18 2013, 02:09 PM) *
Yessir. Moving... to the ferry, that is.

You get a subtle 'itch' in your witchy third eye ! ..
the little voice in the back of your head says "Tell the GM you are Astrally perceiving, do it subtly so he doesn't think you are meta-gaming though"
Thanee
That was the plan when Nova is outside... to see what her spirit is doing. wink.gif

Bye
Thanee
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Thanee @ Jul 18 2013, 03:59 PM) *
That was the plan when Nova is outside... to see what her spirit is doing. wink.gif

well, it started chasing gangers on bikes and making them spew... but then it got bored and returned to the foliage in the corner and is 'Astrally' rolling around in the leaves and throwing them around like a bored puppy, until you return, it spots you, mid throw and sits to attention trying to look like it was on guard ... honest!
Thanee
Edited my last IC post.

Bye
Thanee
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Thanee @ Jul 18 2013, 04:52 PM) *
Edited my last IC post.

groovy, added an ic.gif I will update for LS and Crispo later
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Jul 18 2013, 07:30 PM) *
Perception rolls all round please folks
Perception: Visual or aural, 3 hits
Mach_Ten
Longshot - Infiltration roll please .. ad +4 good cover, I have -4 for the ruthenium I think

Crispy - actions in response to the security team, he has seen your uniform and doesn't seem to bear any regard so far.

Nova - your perception check previously lets you notice a magical aura around the trucks trailer. and one of the three watchers is currently not present

***EDIT***

PLANS OF THE SHIP

also

PLAN OF THE HOLD showing security positions that Longshot can see
Thanee
Is it just me, or do you also think we will see these guys again tonight. wink.gif

Bye
Thanee
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Thanee @ Jul 19 2013, 01:03 PM) *
Is it just me, or do you also think we will see these guys again tonight. wink.gif

what? nooooo, never see them again ... they aren't even wearing name-badges biggrin.gif

Now, anyone for Karma ?
phlapjack77

Mach_Ten

Thanee

Raiden

Dakka Fiend
EDGE IS REFRESHED
Raiden
Sorry for the slowed posts RL is acting up haha
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Raiden @ Jul 19 2013, 02:24 PM) *
Sorry for the slowed posts RL is acting up haha

no worries, it's not a race:)
RL comes first in intiative then critically hits with a slap to the face.

I can move along around you, but it's more fun when you glitch ... I mean, partake biggrin.gif
Raiden
I think my guy has a few ranks in infiltration. .. I hope there's no glitch haha. can't roll ATM. You can roll for me if you needs to. I can ic it. Just posting from my phone during some down time
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Raiden @ Jul 19 2013, 02:42 PM) *
I think my guy has a few ranks in infiltration. .. I hope there's no glitch haha. can't roll ATM. You can roll for me if you needs to. I can ic it. Just posting from my phone during some down time

do it later when you have time, my boss is standing over me this afternoon with the expectation that it will motivate me towards more productivity

explaining that my client base do not need "motivating" on a friday afternoon when it is glorious and all the kids are on holidays... is not going to earn me any favours.

so I'm off to try and flog some tin to folks that REALLY "Do Not Want!"
Mach_Ten
45 minutes to go ... really would rather be in the pub smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012