Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [OOC] Hijacked - LowInt ops
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Nov 13 2013, 12:58 AM) *
anybody got gear in the humvee they don't wanna lose? I was thinking of setting it up to self-destruct biggrin.gif

EDGE tests all round for anyone with gear in the trunk

that's enough to spot movement out on top of the wall over the beach, someone is warming up the massive spotlight they have over there

the Audio bit is enough to hear the sounds of ... light aircraft ?? something jet or rotor propelled at least

coming from the west, over the crops, you think
We're going to need the f- out of here, either using the local's truck or on foot if we have to...also gotta get Nova up and running, unless we want to try to carry her body with us.

naaaah, perfectly safe right here ... biggrin.gif

phlapjack77
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Nov 13 2013, 05:11 PM) *
EDGE tests all round for anyone with gear in the trunk

that's enough to spot movement out on top of the wall over the beach, someone is warming up the massive spotlight they have over there

the Audio bit is enough to hear the sounds of ... light aircraft ?? something jet or rotor propelled at least

coming from the west, over the crops, you think

naaaah, perfectly safe right here ... biggrin.gif

awwwwww crap! (to everything you said!)

Edge test: 2 hits
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Nov 13 2013, 02:44 PM) *
awwwwww crap! (to everything you said!)

Whaaaat ? biggrin.gif
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Nov 13 2013, 02:44 PM) *
Edge test: 2 hits

Good news, you can see most of your gear, untouched in the trunk,
Bad news - it's gonna be chomped pretty soon
worse news, more bugs are circling to the front for a chow, Nova is sleepy time there

Raiden
I say save the gear wink.gif
LordArcana
Perception Visual: Perception (visual) (9d6.hits(5)=5)

Perception Audio: Perception Audio (11d6.hits(5)=0) Well ain't that the king shit! frown.gif
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Raiden @ Nov 13 2013, 11:01 PM) *
I say save the gear wink.gif

cute name for "Nova" you've got there smile.gif

QUOTE (LordArcana @ Nov 13 2013, 11:48 PM) *
Perception Visual: Perception (visual) (9d6.hits(5)=5)

Perception Audio: Perception Audio (11d6.hits(5)=0) Well ain't that the king shit! frown.gif

Flashbangs're blowin' out Murphy's eardrums!
LordArcana
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Nov 13 2013, 10:54 AM) *
cute name for "Nova" you're got there smile.gif

Flashbangs're blowin' out Murphy's eardrums!

Thank goodness for cyber ears smile.gif
LordArcana
Edge Test: Edge test (2d6.hits(5)=2)

Bad Luck Roll: Bad Luck Roll (1d6=6) Works as planned smile.gif
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (LordArcana @ Nov 13 2013, 06:12 PM) *
Edge Test: Edge test (2d6.hits(5)=2)

Bad Luck Roll: Bad Luck Roll (1d6=6) Works as planned smile.gif

yup,

so you suddenly think of your gear too, which is right there in the open truck ... but ... do you stop killing bugs ? biggrin.gif
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Nov 14 2013, 03:11 AM) *
yup,

so you suddenly think of your gear too, which is right there in the open truck ... but ... do you stop killing bugs ? biggrin.gif

"Is this going to be another bug hunt sir?"

"You secure that drek Crispy!"
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Nov 14 2013, 03:48 AM) *
"Is this going to be another bug hunt sir?"

Anytime you think I'm being too rough,
anytime you think I'm being too tough,
anytime you miss-your-mommy,
QUIT!
You sign your 1248, you get your gear, and you take a stroll down washout lane.
Do you get me?
Mach_Ten
Nova is up, followed by bugs,

you can see the explosions and the convergence of bugs in astral.
around 2 distinct locations ... they seem to be using some form of power to absorb the blackspots, that you think are vehicles

You can't sense the incoming drones, but you glance up and notice the WALL, as if for the first time, and from here it is GLOWING ! .. covered in magical wards and barriers
LordArcana
I wonder if there is a way we can feed the drones to the bugs smile.gif
Thanee
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Nov 14 2013, 01:10 PM) *
Nova is up, followed by bugs, ...

Zapping another bug near the Hummer this time:

Stun Bolt 9 -> 3 hits; no Drain

The spirit, whenever it is going... will be killing bugs with fire and trying to keep them away from the hummer that way.

Bye
Thanee
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Thanee @ Nov 15 2013, 07:27 AM) *
Zapping another bug near the Hummer this time:

Stun Bolt 9 -> 3 hits; no Drain

The spirit, whenever it is going... will be killing bugs with fire and trying to keep them away from the hummer that way.

okay, that works....

IC is up,

spirit is munching on bugs @ Hummer

Murphy and Crispy have taken out the majority of the opposition,
Nova has succesfully covered the exit of the civilians, they are running for the buildings, pas a horde of bugs out in the fields

back to the top with Nova, spirit the Murph n' Crisp
LordArcana
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Nov 15 2013, 06:41 AM) *
okay, that works....

IC is up,

spirit is munching on bugs @ Hummer

Murphy and Crispy have taken out the majority of the opposition,
Nova has succesfully covered the exit of the civilians, they are running for the buildings, pas a horde of bugs out in the fields

back to the top with Nova, spirit the Murph n' Crisp

the Murph.... yeah i can dig that smile.gif
LordArcana
I am going to launch an HE grenade right into the middle of the pack of bugs on the locals vehicle.

Attack Roll: HE grenade into the pack of bugs. (10d6.hits(5)=3)

Direction: 1d6=4 Back towards the Murphy.

Distance: Distance (1d6=2) with the net hits the grenade lands right on the mark.

Result: Resist 12P (-2AP) -2P/meter away from the center of the blast.

After the grenade blast Murphy will run passed the locals vehicle towards the stone wall near the dirt road in an attempt to hide from the spot light.
<<@Team:[Murphy]: Crispy is Nova safe over there? We need to get off the beach before that spotlight gets to us.>>
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (LordArcana @ Nov 15 2013, 03:09 PM) *
I am going to launch an HE grenade right into the middle of the pack of bugs on the locals vehicle.

.../snip

After the grenade blast Murphy will run passed the locals vehicle towards the stone wall near the dirt road in an attempt to hide from the spot light.

oh ... oh dear !

Roll sprint,
1 hit you are this side of the truck
2 hits you are level
3 hits you are on the far side

then roll
REA to dodge .. something

followed by resist (Full Impact armor + BOD) AP+2
20S minus any hits on the sprint (to see how far past the truck you get) and REA.

The HE Grenade sets off the compressed air cannisters and the illegal alcohol still that's on the back of their truck

The mushroom cloud is QUITE impressive !! biggrin.gif

Crispy & Nova

resist 10S (Full Impact armor + BOD) AP+2
+4 for cover

Crispy can have REA as well as you are looking that way, Nova is not aware of this yet,
but will be aware her meat puppet is taking soem serious hits now
LordArcana
Sprint: Sprint Test (3d6.hits(5)=0) <-- Critical Glitch!

Reaction: Reaction (6d6.hits(5)=1)

Resist: Damage Resist (21d6.hits(5)=5)

Ok this is really really bad! I mean total FUBAR bad! Not sure how you are going to apply the stun damage from the toxin (which i have been forgetting to apply to all my tests) but according to this i take 14S. At the last time i remember i was at 8S which would put me within inches of life and most certainly unconscious and knocked down... and that doesn't even take into consideration the Critical Glitch.

I don't see any way spending Edge will make all that much of a difference right now... i suppose i could either use a point of edge to re-roll failed dice on the resist test or burn a point of edge to get some sort of non-lethal outcome.

To save time let me roll the Bad Luck die first smile.gif

Bad Luck (1d6=1) OMFG! I must say that was an awesome display. I guess that's why they call it Bad Luck smile.gif

Either way i use Edge it has the opposite effect so i will start making a new character nyahnyah.gif
Mach_Ten
ouch! those dice hate you today huh?

the toxin from before DID NOT apply damage boxes, only applied the modifier and by now should have mostly worn off.

so

1) Sprint: Sprint Test (3d6.hits(5)=0) <-- Critical Glitch!
this works kinda in your favour in being 4 metres away from the blast, you catch the air cylinder in the face
Which blows you backwards 6 metres and on your arse,
unconscious and buried in a wave of sand.

(-2 to the damage code)

2) Reaction: Reaction (6d6.hits(5)=1) drops it another damage code

3) Damage Resist (21d6.hits(5)=5)

12S taken,
as I said, it doesn't stack from toxin damage so only overlaps into Physical a bit ...
You ain't dead yet son ! smile.gif

4) EDGE .. no need to spend it ...
unless you want to re-roll failures, and as you say it doesn't work.
LordArcana
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Nov 15 2013, 11:31 AM) *
ouch! those dice hate you today huh?

the toxin from before DID NOT apply damage boxes, only applied the modifier and by now should have mostly worn off.

so

1) Sprint: Sprint Test (3d6.hits(5)=0) <-- Critical Glitch!
this works kinda in your favour in being 4 metres away from the blast, you catch the air cylinder in the face
Which blows you backwards 6 metres and on your arse,
unconscious and buried in a wave of sand.

(-2 to the damage code)

2) Reaction: Reaction (6d6.hits(5)=1) drops it another damage code

3) Damage Resist (21d6.hits(5)=5)

12S taken,
as I said, it doesn't stack from toxin damage so only overlaps into Physical a bit ...
You ain't dead yet son ! smile.gif

4) EDGE .. no need to spend it ...
unless you want to re-roll failures, and as you say it doesn't work.

As long as i am not into the overflow of physical i won't roll edge. So that should put me at unconscious from stun and 4 boxes of physical damage... laying in a heap near the edge of the water smile.gif
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (LordArcana @ Nov 15 2013, 04:40 PM) *
As long as i am not into the overflow of physical i won't roll edge. So that should put me at unconscious from stun and 4 boxes of physical damage... laying in a heap near the edge of the water smile.gif

you are knocked out so, don't make a perception test to hear
“Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?”
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Nov 15 2013, 11:27 PM) *
Crispy & Nova

+4 for cover

Crispy can have REA as well as you are looking that way, Nova is not aware of this yet,
but will be aware her meat puppet is taking soem serious hits now

REA: 2 hits
Resist 10S: 2 REA hits + 8 resist hits = no damage smile.gif

QUOTE (LordArcana @ Nov 16 2013, 12:40 AM) *

Hmmm, so only Crispy is still mobile...good thing SR doesn't have any encumbrance rules biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Nov 16 2013, 12:41 AM) *
you are knocked out so, don't make a perception test to hear
“Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?”

A short-lived GURPS Supers game I once played in, my character was "The Lobstrosity". Good times smile.gif
LordArcana
Don't mind me over here guys, I am just going to take a little nap. All this bug killing has tired me right out. I'm just going to close my eyes for a few seconds and dream of red-haired Malaysian midget dancing girls nyahnyah.gif
Mach_Ten
lets drop this out of combat timing for now ...

the remaining bugs are gonna finish up the truck remnants, Crispy grabbed some gear, I presume his own or Nova's ?
whatever he didn't grab is going to be long gone
... weapons, gear, armour , clothes ... anything not carried... I leave that to you, and
I'm hoping you won't meta game that 100% stuff survived smile.gif

the locals are sprinting for a building and cover, it's about 30 metres away

Crispy is taking Nova to the same place I guess ?

Murphy is out cold and buried under sand, (Make a body+Willpower check 6 minutes - successes)

The drones if they come back won't spot him, there's a lot of distraction for them to report on,

and the search light illuminates the area and sees bugs and mines...

up to you guys now,
LordArcana
Body+ Willpower Test: Body + Willpower (7d6.hits(5)=0) This would almost be funny if it were happening to someone else smile.gif

Most of my gear is attached to the armor but i am going to assume the non essential combat items wouldn't have been attached like the hip pack and the hard ruck. Those items i will remove from the character sheet.
LordArcana
ROFL! Do you mean Ricoh couldn't see the beautiful colors of that explosion from the comfort of his recliner in South America? smile.gif

I guess we will just have to do better and BIGGER next time smile.gif
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (LordArcana @ Nov 16 2013, 01:45 PM) *
Body+ Willpower Test: Body + Willpower (7d6.hits(5)=0) This would almost be funny if it were happening to someone else smile.gif

I... I... ummm ... wow! ... that ..umm .. that sucks dude ! .. I originally put 10 minutes and thought that was too harsh so with a good roll you'd be up and around soon...

Hey, look on the bright side ! ... you're not dead .. yet smile.gif
QUOTE (LordArcana @ Nov 16 2013, 01:45 PM) *
Most of my gear is attached to the armor but i am going to assume the non essential combat items wouldn't have been attached like the hip pack and the hard ruck. Those items i will remove from the character sheet.

yeah you don't have much supplementary gear do you ... no need to knock it off, just remember it is unavailable for a while until you can get re-stocked post mission

Mach_Ten
QUOTE (LordArcana @ Nov 16 2013, 04:03 PM) *
ROFL! Do you mean Ricoh couldn't see the beautiful colors of that explosion from the comfort of his recliner in South America? smile.gif

I guess we will just have to do better and BIGGER next time smile.gif

so much for the subtle and stealthy entrance, huh ? biggrin.gif

thankfully, the security forces are about to spot a whole lot of bugs, and not an insurgent force, so there's that.
LordArcana
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Nov 16 2013, 11:06 AM) *
so much for the subtle and stealthy entrance, huh ? biggrin.gif

thankfully, the security forces are about to spot a whole lot of bugs, and not an insurgent force, so there's that.

I just hope that if the wall guards decide to start shooting at the critters they have good aim... i would hate to get plugged a few times by inaccurate sniper fire. The way the dice have been going they will probably shoot off one of my testicles..... Now you know why they call him Murphy... Edward Murphy.... Murphy's Law.... Prime example right here smile.gif
Raiden
them dice rolls man XD. and, don't take offense, but it IS kinda funny, since its happening to someone else XD (my old character DID take an explosion to tha face tho lol)
LordArcana
QUOTE (Raiden @ Nov 16 2013, 02:49 PM) *
them dice rolls man XD. and, don't take offense, but it IS kinda funny, since its happening to someone else XD (my old character DID take an explosion to tha face tho lol)

It really IS funny. I just can't believe the string of bad rolls. Not only here but the game i am running too. I am beginning to think that Mach_Ten hacked Invisible Castle and made it so my account can't ever win smile.gif
Thanee
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Nov 15 2013, 04:27 PM) *
Crispy & Nova

+4 for cover

Damage Resistance -> 15 hits (biggrin.gif)

Bye
Thanee
Thanee
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Nov 16 2013, 01:19 PM) *
lets drop this out of combat timing for now ...

the remaining bugs are gonna finish up the truck remnants, Crispy grabbed some gear, I presume his own or Nova's ?
whatever he didn't grab is going to be long gone
... weapons, gear, armour , clothes ... anything not carried... I leave that to you, and
I'm hoping you won't meta game that 100% stuff survived smile.gif

Nova will return to her body, so no need to carry her, she can take her own stuff.

Bye
Thanee
LordArcana
QUOTE (Thanee @ Nov 16 2013, 04:34 PM) *
Damage Resistance -> 15 hits (biggrin.gif)

Bye
Thanee

Now I know who hacked Invisible Castle nyahnyah.gif
phlapjack77
QUOTE (LordArcana @ Nov 17 2013, 06:34 AM) *
Now I know who hacked Invisible Castle nyahnyah.gif

That would explain a lot...I'm still slightly upset about Nova noticing Crispy during his ninja-phase...now I feel vindicated!
Mach_Ten
Ooooh a flashback scene! I likey

LordArcana
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Nov 18 2013, 03:17 AM) *
Ooooh a flashback scene! I likey

Figured it would be a good time for one... since my meat isn't doing much at the moment nyahnyah.gif
Mach_Ten
Infiltration rolls for anyone leaving the beach.

and let me know what you're doing about Murphy.

we can move this along asap.
Thanee
Infiltration -> 2 hits

Bye
Thanee
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Thanee @ Nov 19 2013, 06:02 PM) *
Infiltration -> 2 hits

what's the plan Nova? what're ya thinkin' of doing ... how can your friendly neighborhood GM screw you over .. assist you today ?
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Nov 20 2013, 12:55 AM) *
Infiltration rolls for anyone leaving the beach.

and let me know what you're doing about Murphy.

we can move this along asap.

Crispy had slung Murphy over his shoulder and started in the direction of the locals. (oh yeah, and Crispy had applied a stim patch to Murphy, whatever rating had been available from the humvee)

Remember, no encumbrance rules! biggrin.gif

Infiltration: 9d6.hits(5) → [4,4,2,3,2,6,2,6,4] = (2) hits
(of course, please modify as necessary)
Thanee
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Nov 19 2013, 08:58 PM) *
what's the plan Nova?

You asked for the roll. biggrin.gif

Plan... well... for now, I would say get some distance between us and those critters, reunite with the crazyfolk, and then figure out how we can get past that wall... I don't think we made it much further with that part, or did we?

Speaking of critters, is the spirit done with burning them down?

Bye
Thanee
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Thanee @ Nov 20 2013, 07:52 AM) *
You asked for the roll. biggrin.gif

Plan... well... for now, I would say get some distance between us and those critters, reunite with the crazyfolk, and then figure out how we can get past that wall... I don't think we made it much further with that part, or did we?

Speaking of critters, is the spirit done with burning them down?

Bye
Thanee

The roll was just to move around sneakily, thanks for letting me know what you are doing too.

The spirit is happily finishing of the ones here...
there are hundreds more out in the crops but they are holding back ... for now .
As for getting past the wall.. no. No plan yet.

You are close to it though.
Thanee
IIRC, swimming around was not advisable.

So, the only viable way is through the gate, or not?

Bye
Thanee
phlapjack77
I'm hoping the locals can help us find some secret way through that only they know about etc...
Mach_Ten
I'll move us up to an abandonned building in the shadow of WALL.

let me know what you want to look at or do or ask etc.

and I'll IC it up as soon as I get chance, Murphy has been hit up with a L6 StimPatch

and seems to be bleeding from his ears, eyes and nostrils..

the locals are huddles in a corner and looking very sorry for themselves but are not surprised as you enter the door, so no one gets shot.

I'm GMing Pathfinder tonight so may not have chance to IC till tomorrow so here's some tips :

with some active questioning the locals may know of a way through a network of tunnels under the wall,
but they keep repeating that Momma' won't be happy about you using them.

They seem really upset as one of the kids is running low on air and they need to get home SOON.
and can't risk going through the crops and the insecticides.

having a quick scout around, if you want to
Nova has aklready spotted the glyphs in Astral, like Graffiti all over the wall
it is actually a solid granite building with black glass windows that are flush to the walls making it look like a solid structure.

at the gateway, you see humanoids and small vehicles moving around, it's kinda like a small depot

the drones fly back overhead and vanish over the wall, probably a docking bay up on top

the bugs in the crops continue munching

and eventually the search light is extinguished ...

there are no search parties sent out .. that you can tell, the beach is un-inhabitted

anything else, just ask
phlapjack77
Mostly questions about this "Momma" person. Also what the abandoned building interior looks like, any extra gear / stuff laying around that could be used.

QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Nov 20 2013, 09:29 PM) *
at the gateway, you see humanoids and small vehicles moving around, it's kinda like a small depot
"humanoids" ? I've got a bad feeling about this... biggrin.gif
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Nov 20 2013, 03:29 PM) *
Mostly questions about this "Momma" person. Also what the abandoned building interior looks like, any extra gear / stuff laying around that could be used.

"humanoids" ? I've got a bad feeling about this... biggrin.gif

sorry, I meant Meta-Humans but couldn't recall the word nyahnyah.gif

at the mention of Momma they clam up like Hagrid
"I shouldn't of said that ... I should NOT have said that!"
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Nov 20 2013, 11:43 PM) *
sorry, I meant Meta-Humans but couldn't recall the word nyahnyah.gif

at the mention of Momma they clam up like Hagrid
"I shouldn't of said that ... I should NOT have said that!"

hehehe...I've got a bigger bad feeling about this now...

Crispy'll be looking around the buildings, trying to see if there's any spare/junk equipment around. He has an idea in his head that he can help the kid that's low on air. He's not so altruistic though, he figure's they'll be more willing and able to help if the kid's air problem is solved.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012