Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [OOC] Hijacked - LowInt ops
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Raiden @ Aug 9 2013, 03:36 AM) *

You cheating scally ... Wide Narrow ! my arse nyahnyah.gif

regardles you make a spidery gooey mess all over the vehicle it was crawling over despite him rolling quite well to dodge and resist .. 8 hits ! was a killer smile.gif

Nova and Crispy with their heads down experience the hail of bullets in their general direction and a bullet ridden arachnid corpse drops from the vehicle landing a few feet away,
it's legs twitching convulsively
Raiden
dang caught me, *looks left, looks right* did the others get got? O.o nyahnyah.gif
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Raiden @ Aug 11 2013, 10:28 AM) *
dang caught me, *looks left, looks right* did the others get got? O.o nyahnyah.gif
Sorry for the disappearing act, I had this animal latch onto my face and I couldn't breathe at all, but then it fell off and died so everything's ok now...

QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Aug 9 2013, 12:10 AM) *
you are making yourself more of a target you say ? devil.gif

<lowers hands slowly with a scared look>

QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Aug 9 2013, 01:43 AM) *
okay, boys you are up
Crispy's ignoring the gunfire above his head, keeping his head as low as possible as he continues to run to Longshot's position. He'll keep an eye out for incoming webbing and is ready to daredevil out of harm's way.
Raiden
Sall fine. Just wanted to make a funny haha
Mach_Ten
feel free to take the rest of your combat actions in remaining IP's, nothing untoward is going on right now,

IP 1 of the third turn you will be at Longshot and ready to assist him in his predicament

there is still the noise of automatic gunfire from the above decks, and still (SOME) spidery goodness left in here you think, so you are on your guard! devil.gif
Thanee
Now, there is a question... if someone has 2 IP and first acts during IP 2, will that be it for the turn, or is that just the first and the second IP can be done during IP 3? wink.gif

It is mostly the question, whether the spirit will conceal us now or during IP 1 next turn. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Raiden
are any spiderlings visible? longshots pissed. also, w/smartlink is it a free + simple action to reload a new magazine or simple simple?
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Raiden @ Aug 12 2013, 06:59 PM) *
are any spiderlings visible? longshots pissed. also, w/smartlink is it a free + simple action to reload a new magazine or simple simple?

Smartlink makes it free to drop a mag and simple to reload, leaving you a simple

But no targets, unless you count Crispy, who is jumping and waving smile.gif
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Thanee @ Aug 12 2013, 05:57 PM) *
Now, there is a question... if someone has 2 IP and first acts during IP 2, will that be it for the turn, or is that just the first and the second IP can be done during IP 3? wink.gif

It is mostly the question, whether the spirit will conceal us now or during IP 1 next turn. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee

Because of the sudden lack of visible targets lets say it can freely materialise in the round it is summoned and use conceal as its second .. Leaving it some free time to mull over life, the universe and ..any targets of opportunity
Raiden
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Aug 12 2013, 03:56 PM) *

tempting, tempting
Raiden
heh, good luck mate, this suit was a gift from his foster dad/ mentor/old CO. and has saved his life countless times other than this one. hehis is going to find a way to keep it wink.gif

EDIT: also, its made custom fit so not sure how much "sliding out" I would be doing if I wanted to. haha.
Thanee
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Aug 12 2013, 10:58 PM) *
Because of the sudden lack of visible targets lets say it can freely materialise in the round it is summoned and use conceal as its second .. Leaving it some free time to mull over life, the universe and ..any targets of opportunity

Uh, oh... Crispy is in trouble! biggrin.gif

Bye
Thanee

P.S. It does not really need to do anything for free... it has the 2 IPs necessary... the question is mainly, if a combatant enters the combat mid-turn, does that count as having delayed until then or are the previous actions "spent". Currently, however, it makes no real difference...
Thanee
The spirit has a Strength of 13, if it considers "helping the poor guy getting crushed by the car" part of "protecting the Mistress and her allies" it might be strong enough to give Longshot a chance to crawl out under the weight.

Other than that, Nova can cast Levitate, but I doubt levitating the car would work... that is reserved for true masters, who don't have doubts, like Yoda.

Bye
Thanee
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Aug 13 2013, 04:56 AM) *
QUOTE (Raiden @ Aug 13 2013, 06:40 AM) *
tempting, tempting
QUOTE (Thanee @ Aug 13 2013, 07:14 AM) *
Uh, oh... Crispy is in trouble! biggrin.gif

Hey now!
Raiden
There is only do and do not. In this case. You gotta do! Lol
phlapjack77
If the spirit can't move the vehicles enough, maybe we can hotwire one of them and simply move it that way...
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Aug 13 2013, 12:39 AM) *
If the spirit can't more the vehicles enough, maybe we can hotwire one of them and simply move it that way...

all good choices,

Raiden I'm not trying to GM fiat the armour away, just making Longshot consider the options of
Life vs. family heirloom smile.gif

strength 13 on the spirit coul easily lift the vehicle enough to drag him out,

it would have to be a specific service though as it's currently not life threatening
He's just chillin' .. under a car smile.gif

and everything is nice and spookily quiet now, the smoke is filling up the place, I need BOD checks again from the two without respirators,

Thanee
Well, I don't have another service from the spirit, unfortunately. smile.gif

Body -> 1 hit

Bye
Thanee
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Aug 13 2013, 03:52 PM) *
and everything is nice and spookily quiet now, the smoke is filling up the place, I need BOD checks again from the two without respirators,
almost too quiet....

Bod: 2 hits (1 hit if there is still the -1 like last time)

QUOTE (Thanee @ Aug 13 2013, 04:23 PM) *
Well, I don't have another service from the spirit, unfortunately. smile.gif
well I suppose I could hotwire this thing </hansolo>

Not sure if this is a conversation we can have OOC or if it needs to happen IC?
Mach_Ten
moving us out of combat timing for now. and only while we are on this level

you have about one minute until the smoke and stuff clears the air through the gaping hole in the side of the ship.

IC it up, feel free to use hotwiring skills or get gear from your hummer etc to assist, I am presuming you will grab respirators so no more BOD tests.

I will require a Perception test from everyone once you figure out how to get Longshot free without killing him biggrin.gif
phlapjack77
I'll be away the rest of the day, so I'm going to throw up a few hardware rolls for the nonce, I don't want to hold things up.

Hardware: Log(6) + Skill(2) + Encephelon(1) + spec-maglocks(2)
11d6.hits(5) → [4,4,4,6,6,5,3,1,4,1,4] = (3)
11d6.hits(5) → [2,2,1,6,3,2,4,2,6,3,1] = (2)
11d6.hits(5) → [3,3,4,6,1,5,5,5,3,5,5] = (6)
11d6.hits(5) → [4,2,3,1,6,6,3,6,6,3,2] = (4)
11d6.hits(5) → [5,2,5,1,2,1,3,3,4,2,6] = (3)

Just take off the last two dice for non-maglock related stuff plz smile.gif
Thanee
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Aug 13 2013, 11:45 AM) *
IC it up, feel free to use hotwiring skills or get gear from your hummer etc to assist, I am presuming you will grab respirators so no more BOD tests.

I will require a Perception test from everyone once you figure out how to get Longshot free without killing him biggrin.gif

I have a brilliant idea... we will just get the car-jack from the hummer! biggrin.gif

Bye
Thanee
Thanee
With the Concealment power up any perception checks to see us (or the spirit) are at -9 (this includes astral perception).

Also, any of us within line of sight to the spirit will have Counterspelling 9.

Bye
Thanee
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Thanee @ Aug 13 2013, 12:36 PM) *
I have a brilliant idea... we will just get the car-jack from the hummer! biggrin.gif

Sometimes the simplest solution biggrin.gif

a car-jack placed laterally to lever the vehicles apart... and then Crispy can edge one car forward away from our intrepid bug hunter extraordinaire ! smile.gif
Raiden
through all of this Longshot would have reloaded as well.
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Raiden @ Aug 13 2013, 02:40 PM) *
through all of this Longshot would have reloaded as well.

no problemmo

I'll advance things this time tomorrow, but get some IC going first,

as usual any questions let me know, especially as Brian has dropped some NOT so subtle hints in his text message ! devil.gif
Raiden
yeah, we gotz problemz
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Raiden @ Aug 13 2013, 11:01 PM) *
yeah, we gotz problemz

personally, anything less than giant paranormal carnivorous spiders on a burning, sinking ship isn't even going to register for me anymore...and NO, that's not a challenge Mach! biggrin.gif
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Aug 13 2013, 04:22 PM) *
personally, anything less than giant paranormal carnivorous spiders on a burning, sinking ship isn't even going to register for me anymore...and NO, that's not a challenge Mach! biggrin.gif

But...but you haven't even got to your objective yet ! frown.gif .. this is just the prelude
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Aug 13 2013, 04:15 PM) *
Wonder if Sarge's humvee is an amphibious...

less amphibious... more sub-aqueous biggrin.gif
Raiden
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Aug 13 2013, 10:22 AM) *

what about aquatic giant paranormal spiders? or gaint shrimp that eat metahuman flesh. ooh! ooh! we get to the island and find its been taken over by spiders twice as large as the ones on the boat!.
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Raiden @ Aug 14 2013, 01:22 AM) *
what about aquatic giant paranormal spiders? or gaint shrimp that eat metahuman flesh. ooh! ooh! we get to the island and find its been taken over by spiders twice as large as the ones on the boat!.
aquatic flying giant carnivorous paranormal spiders? with frikkin lasers on their heads!
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Aug 14 2013, 12:30 AM) *
less amphibious... more sub-aqueous biggrin.gif
what if we let it sink to the bottom and then we drive it along the bottom of the river...
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Aug 14 2013, 12:49 AM) *
what if we let it sink to the bottom and then we drive it along the bottom of the river...

worth a try ! ... the Kraken, He be lonely and needin' some comp'ny ! biggrin.gif
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Aug 14 2013, 12:46 AM) *
aquatic flying giant carnivorous paranormal spiders? with frikkin lasers on their heads!

Hmmmm .. I forgot about the lasorz frown.gif
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Aug 14 2013, 07:02 PM) *
worth a try ! ... the Kraken, He be lonely and needin' some comp'ny ! biggrin.gif

Man! I need to think more pink-mohawk-y. It woulda been awesome to somehow "liberate" the animatronic troll pirate and do something like mount him on the roof of the humvee. Then the kraken would see the troll and be all like "I'm scared and lonely" and we could roll on down the river on the bottom with null sheen smile.gif
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Aug 14 2013, 07:27 PM) *
Sunday 01:15:00 Ferry, Tacoma-2-Vashon
<<<@Boss[Baller] : GPS activated, position 10 Metres above Sea level, systems would sustain terminal impact damage .... SUB-SYSTEM user named 'Frikken' Lazorz': shutting down >>>

Not sure I understand what Baller is telling Crispy - sounds like the drone was hacked by a user with an awesome name? The mystery continues.

QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Aug 14 2013, 07:27 PM) *
and does nothing to deaden the short *WHOOSH* and the echoing boom of a close by impact of explosive material on the surface of the water outside
<< @Hijackers [Brian] Hey guys, is that a flare you have or .... what the FRRAAAAAAA....! >>
the commcall dies as quickly as it is initiated. and Crispy looks at his cohorts as they look back at him with horror etched on their faces.

Upstairs, the bursts of automatic fire reduce in occurance and are replaced by the shouts of angry voices both male and female, the words lost in the echo down the steel corridor and in the cavernous steel hull,
but the tone ... is one of confusion.
Hmmm - perhaps the "rescue vessel" is in reality a "quarantine and cleansing" vessel. The "drive the humvee on the bottom of the river" idea is looking better and better...
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Aug 14 2013, 05:08 PM) *
Not sure I understand what Baller is telling Crispy - sounds like the drone was hacked by a user with an awesome name? The mystery continues.

merely a play on your words,
Baller is suspended ina coccoon with a guard on the ceiling,

it has de-activated the cutting torch (Frikken lazorz as Crispy has named the sub-routine) to avoid cutting itelf free and falling to its demise

QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Aug 14 2013, 05:08 PM) *
Hmmm - perhaps the "rescue vessel" is in reality a "quarantine and cleansing" vessel. The "drive the humvee on the bottom of the river" idea is looking better and better...

feel free to bolster your own paranoia to epic proportions, saves me a Job devil.gif

***EDIT*** Still waiting on your team perception rolls I think
Raiden
14d6.hits(5)=5 4+4+2+3+3-2=14<< Video/audio
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Aug 15 2013, 12:13 AM) *
merely a play on your words,
Baller is suspended ina coccoon with a guard on the ceiling,

it has de-activated the cutting torch (Frikken lazorz as Crispy has named the sub-routine) to avoid cutting itelf free and falling to its demise
Ok got it.

QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Aug 15 2013, 12:13 AM) *
***EDIT*** Still waiting on your team perception rolls I think
Sorry, must've missed this.

Perception: 4 hits visual or audio, 2 hits otherwise
Raiden
also can I roll combat tactics (guerrilla) to see if I have any idea what factions/groups my use stuff like this? I also have para-zoology and magical threats if either of those will be usable for anything.
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Raiden @ Aug 14 2013, 06:03 PM) *
also can I roll combat tactics (guerrilla) to see if I have any idea what factions/groups my use stuff like this? I also have para-zoology and magical threats if either of those will be usable for anything.

good choices,

roll all of those, same for anyone else, and if you want to IC the conversation then there might be a bonus for collaboration etc. ... cause I'm feeling kind (before I hunt you for your innards with giant spiders with frikken laser beams for eyes biggrin.gif )
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Aug 14 2013, 05:53 PM) *

okay 4 hits gets you there's movement in at least one coccoon, and an almost totally muffled yelling.

5 hits and you can hear the radio chatter on the persons belt as it squawks in a similar fashion to Ricoh, someone .. somewhere wants to know what the hell is going on smile.gif

and Nova with I presume 72 hits is communing with a dragon she spots 68 miles away when she heard him fart at 96,000 feet. biggrin.gif kidding biggrin.gif
Thanee
Perception (visual; audio) -> 72 hits (I have only deducted my own wound penalties, nothing else)

Bye
Thanee
Thanee
Is Nova back from the Hummer then? I will assume that for now...

Bye
Thanee
Raiden
7d6.hits(5)=1-magical threats
7d6.hits(5)=4- parazoology
9d6.hits(5)=1 for combat tactics >.>..............
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Aug 15 2013, 01:52 AM) *
good choices,

roll all of those, same for anyone else, and if you want to IC the conversation then there might be a bonus for collaboration etc. ... cause I'm feeling kind (before I hunt you for your innards with giant spiders with frikken laser beams for eyes biggrin.gif )
I'm soooooooo regretting mentioning lasers right now...good thing I haven't mentioned parasitic ear worms yet or anythi....damn! I did it again!

QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Aug 15 2013, 01:56 AM) *
and Nova with I presume 72 hits is communing with a dragon she spots 68 miles away when she heard him fart at 96,000 feet. biggrin.gif kidding biggrin.gif
QUOTE (Thanee @ Aug 15 2013, 06:09 AM) *
Perception (visual; audio) -> 72 hits
rotfl.gif rotfl.gif rotfl.gif

Combat tactics: 3 hits
Thanee
Just noticed, that my last post made no sense, so I moved it all up to another post of mine and replaced it with a request for medical attention (First Aid; both, stun and physical would be great). smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
phlapjack77
Thanee, what modifiers would Crispy have when using first aid on Nova? Magic etc.
Thanee
-2 from Magic
maybe -1 from Essence (it says -1 per 2 points of lost Essence; Nova has slightly below 1 point of lost Essence)

Bye
Thanee
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012