Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [OOC] Hijacked - LowInt ops
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30
Thanee
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Jul 24 2013, 04:35 PM) *
Nova, You are UP !
roll me a BOD roll please, -1 for the heat and smoke, yes I know you chose the "clearer side" it's clearer but by no means clear

Does Fire Resistance do anything here? (I will add it seperately, just in case)

Body -1; Fire Resistance -> 1 hits with Body; 1 hits with Fire Resistance

Bye
Thanee
Raiden
I think this falls under chemical protection unfortunately lol. you know, the smoke and acid in the air and stuff haha.
Mach_Ten
You're not on fire wink.gif. Just warm and smoky in here so glad you haven't started choking on fumes.

Next combat turn as you get deeper, there will be modifiers as the smoke thickens.

Okay, on your turns,

Longshot has a target, Nova will be at the stairs about halfway down where a guard is trying to come up.
Crispy is in the same place. Better have some tactic here or invisible person is getting shot in the back.

The guard is badly wounded and coughing his lungs out for air, he is blocking the stairs as they are not wide.

IF you shoot you have the higher ground bonus...
Raiden
hmmm trying to decide if Longshot would shoot first and ask later or not :/
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Jul 25 2013, 06:21 AM) *
Longshot has a target, Nova will be at the stairs about halfway down where a guard is trying to come up.
Crispy is in the same place. Better have some tactic here or invisible person is getting shot in the back.
I'm not clear on the scene here - is Crispy still on the stairs too ? The guard at the bottom is trying to come up the stairs, past us as we come down? Who is shooting Nova in the back then?

If the Crispy encounters the guard, he'll yell very helpful advice to the guard like "go go go!" and "get your ass to Mars! topside!" smile.gif
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Jul 25 2013, 04:30 AM) *
I'm not clear on the scene here - is Crispy still on the stairs too ? The guard at the bottom is trying to come up the stairs, past us as we come down? Who is shooting Nova in the back then?

If the Crispy encounters the guard, he'll yell very helpful advice to the guard like "go go go!" and "get your ass to Mars! topside!" smile.gif

Im not clear either if Nova is between you or not,

But your not shooting, and shes not in the middle then it's not an issue.

The rest is correct, and post your leadership, i guess or intimidation to get him to shift his ass
phlapjack77
The way I viewed the scene:

1. "Tatjana moves across to the other side, as announced, and opens the door towards the staircase"
2. "As Crispy advanced cautiously down the metal stairs,"
3. "Right behind you," Tatjana says to inform Crispy of her presence."
4. "Reaching the bottom of the stairs, Crispy went into a low crouch, using the vehicles as cover as he made his way towards Longshot."

So maybe I moved Crispy too far into the future, and he was stopped mid-way/at the bottom of the stairs by the guard, with Nova behind Crispy on the stairs?

Intimidate guard on the stairs: 2 hits
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Jul 23 2013, 04:30 PM) *
Let me know your intended actions and we'll get cracking
Can't believe I forgot the final part of our plan!

"go over to the humvee, hole up, have a cup of tea and wait for this whole thing to blow over." biggrin.gif
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Jul 25 2013, 09:16 AM) *
Can't believe I forgot the final part of our plan!

"go over to the humvee, hole up, have a cup of tea and wait for this whole thing to blow over." biggrin.gif

HAHHAAAAAH Mutha Fragger !! .. you forgot to put the CRICKET on !! ... you DIE now biggrin.gif
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Jul 25 2013, 04:57 PM) *
HAHHAAAAAH Mutha Fragger !! .. you forgot to put the CRICKET on !! ... you DIE now biggrin.gif
dammit! I ALWAYS forget that part!

(mostly because cricket makes absolutely no sense! seriously? a game that can go on for a whole day with no winner? nyahnyah.gif)
Thanee
Nova will head downstairs and then to Longshot's position (informing him via comm, when she gets close). No offensive actions. She is still invisible, though.

Bye
Thanee
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Thanee @ Jul 25 2013, 11:54 AM) *
Nova will head downstairs and then to Longshot's position (informing him via comm, when she gets close). No offensive actions. She is still invisible, though.

REDACTED

I'm fully awake now and can make sense of what is going on

I'll post fresh in a sec after coffee TEA
Thanee
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Jul 25 2013, 12:21 AM) *

Oh, just noticed this about the guard coming up... erm... then I guess Nova will wait behind Crispy for now. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Mach_Ten
So, this is how I see it happened so far

IP 1
Nova - 18
Gets to the stairs after waiting for Crispy, Sees the guy at the bottom coughing up blood over his boots

LongShot - 12 Takes a bead on something in the roof and calls out a warning, his voice echoes round the hold but nothing answers

Crispy - 12 Bounds at the staircase with Nova close behind him, seeing the guard at the bottom orders him out the way so they may pass, he begins to descend at speed
the invisible Nova close behind him

bad guys & Friends - 10
on the ceiling Baller and longshot see the face completely disappear into the smoke, a silent scream on his face

on the ground there's more movement surrounding Longshot, sounds of large insectile feet on steel plate.

The guard at the bottom of the stairs hears Crispy but is also receiving information from somewhere else on his Comm
"The Civilians ?...." he asks incredulously and opens fire up the stair case

Crispy, REA -2 for footing etc, defend against this please
guard long narrow burst
(5d6.hits(5)=1)

"YOU BASTARDS KILLED JOCKO!"

Something from inside the vehicle bay hits our man, let's call him Bob at exactly the same time
Something (11d6.hits(5)=1)
Bob is utterly unaware and gets no defense as a sticky mass hits him in the left arm

We are now into IP 2
Nova - 18
LongShot - 12
Crispy - 12
bad guys & Friends - 10

use the normal conventions of what your simple, free, complex actions and the short movements you are taking.

use the map to describe your position, if you like
be advised NO-ONE is getting to Longshot this turn or next, there's vehicles debris and smoke
but if you spot him or he communicates his position then you can begin to get moving... unless he's dead ... then we can do plan B*

*Plan B = panic and scream, (Crispy taught me that one )
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Jul 25 2013, 08:44 PM) *
coffee TEA
dead.gif
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Jul 25 2013, 09:44 PM) *
Crispy, REA -2 for footing etc, defend against this please
guard long narrow burst
(5d6.hits(5)=1)

"YOU BASTARDS KILLED JOCKO!"
Full dodge: 1 hit

use the normal conventions of what your simple, free, complex actions and the short movements you are taking.

use the map to describe your position, if you like
be advised NO-ONE is getting to Longshot this turn or next, there's vehicles debris and smoke
I think Crispy used his action when he went full-dodge against the gunfire, so the only thing he can do is continue on down the stairwell. If the guard is still there (but webbed), I'd like to have Crispy "go around" the guard, by vaulting over the railing of the stairwell onto the deck below (if it's possible regarding spacing and so on). This would hopefully also have the added effect of keeping the guard from firing up the stairwell again, where there's an invisible Nova...

*Plan B = panic and scream, (Crispy taught me that one )
It's a highly underrated plan, as plans go...
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Jul 25 2013, 03:08 PM) *

good dodge
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Jul 25 2013, 03:08 PM) *
I think Crispy used his action when he went full-dodge against the gunfire, so the only thing he can do is continue on down the stairwell. If the guard is still there (but webbed), I'd like to have Crispy "go around" the guard, by vaulting over the railing of the stairwell onto the deck below (if it's possible regarding spacing and so on). This would hopefully also have the added effect of keeping the guard from firing up the stairwell again, where there's an invisible Nova...

let's go with that, Athletics test -2 to hit the ground then, move behind the guard to the doorway

phlapjack77
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Jul 25 2013, 10:12 PM) *
let's go with that, Athletics test -2 to hit the ground then, move behind the guard to the doorway
Falling, with style: 4 hits

Even with the webbing on the guard's arm, I'm going to assume the guard might still be a threat (to us). He'll get the tactical karate chop to the head with a shock glove if he looks at all willing to put up a fight...AND of course Crispy'll be doubly on the lookout for whatever the frag shot the webbing in the first place...
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Jul 25 2013, 03:52 PM) *

that combat tutu is coming in handy !
Even with the webbing on the guard's arm, I'm going to assume the guard might still be a threat (to us).

notice I mentioned LEFT arm, Right arm being the dangerous one .. and who said webbing ? I said sticky mass ! spin.gif
...AND of course Crispy'll be doubly on the lookout for whatever the frag shot the webbing in the first place...

yeah, and you develop eyes in the back of your head ? or an owls ability to rotate, you're either facing the guard or facing the door buddy boy.... that's the million dollar question .. what's it gonna be ? Balls or Bust ! devil.gif

phlapjack77
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Jul 25 2013, 11:03 PM) *
notice I mentioned LEFT arm, Right arm being the dangerous one .. and who said webbing ? I said sticky mass ! spin.gif
I was just hoping it was your friendly neighborhood spiderman...

QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Jul 25 2013, 11:03 PM) *
yeah, and you develop eyes in the back of your head ? or an owls ability to rotate, you're either facing the guard or facing the door buddy boy.... that's the million dollar question .. what's it gonna be ? Balls or Bust ! devil.gif
Ok then, he'll face the door and send a quick message over the tacnet, asking Nova to deal with the guard...he may not have eyes in the back of his head, but maybe he's got something better: a dangerous invisible spellcasting mercenary smile.gif
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Jul 25 2013, 04:18 PM) *
but maybe he's got something better: a dangerous invisible spellcasting mercenary smile.gif

"Yeah right, whatever Chummer! Like I'm gonna fall for THAT Line !"
Raiden
if the target never responded to longshot he fires at it

long burst wide. -5 to dodge the attack. 9 agility + 6 skill +2 specializations +2 smartlink - 2 wounds -3 visibility= 14 dice
14d6.hits(5)=5

Short burst wide. -2 to dodge -1 for having defended. same as above. (weapons with inherent 2 recoil OP)
14d6.hits(5)=3

base DV is 8 AP-2
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Jul 25 2013, 11:27 PM) *
"Yeah right, whatever Chummer! Like I'm gonna fall for THAT Line !"
Really! She's right behind me...no, only I can hear her...
Raiden
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Jul 25 2013, 10:40 AM) *
Really! She's right behind me...no, only I can hear her...

that would be called going crazy my friend. haha.
Thanee
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Jul 25 2013, 03:44 PM) *

Ah, I wouldn't say no-one too loudly. wink.gif

Bye
Thanee
Thanee
Ok, IP 2:

Nova stunbolts the guard, so he can shut up and make room. smile.gif

Stun Bolt F9 -> 2 hits; no Drain

Bye
Thanee
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Raiden @ Jul 25 2013, 11:42 PM) *
that would be called going crazy my friend. haha.
All work and no play makes Crispy go something something...

QUOTE (Thanee @ Jul 25 2013, 11:53 PM) *
<stepping over guard's unconscious body> See? Toldya.
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Raiden @ Jul 25 2013, 04:31 PM) *
if the target never responded to longshot he fires at it

long burst wide. -5 to dodge the attack. 9 agility + 6 skill +2 specializations +2 smartlink - 2 wounds -3 visibility= 14 dice
14d6.hits(5)=5

Short burst wide. -2 to dodge -1 for having defended. same as above. (weapons with inherent 2 recoil OP)
14d6.hits(5)=3

base DV is 8 AP-2

a Long burst is -5 to your roll and a short is -2, then -1 for second burst
and -minus recoil, I see the HVBR has a ludicrous amount of RC on it so no issues,
I'll just take the last 5 and 3 dice from the rolls

leaving you still with 4 hits and 2 hits
it gets 3 hits to dodge and 2 to resist 9P

then scrapes 1 hit to dodge the second burst
rolling 3 hits again to resist 9P once more

a critter squeels in pain then falls from the ceiling onto the floor by the truck, you can't see what it is from here, but Something is PISSED that cousin Jeff is dead !

the movement gets noisier as it approaches You smile.gif
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Thanee @ Jul 25 2013, 04:53 PM) *
Ok, IP 2:

Stun Bolt F9 -> 2 hits; no Drain

what's my resist ? willpower ? and whats the damage
stuff like this if you can make it as easy as possible it'd be great biggrin.gif

(Lazy GM is Lazy, and has Shadowrun Returns Downloading to play so no time for looking up rules nyahnyah.gif )

MAP IS UPDATED
Thanee
Yep, just Willpower (unless he is a Mage, or has a Mage nearby who protects him with Counterspelling, which requires an active LoS).

Damage is 9S plus net hits (no further damage resistance). I need at least one net hit for the spell to succeed, though, so if he rolls 2 hits, he lucks out and gets nothing. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Thanee @ Jul 25 2013, 07:55 PM) *
Yep, just Willpower (unless he is a Mage, or has a Mage nearby who protects him with Counterspelling, which requires an active LoS).

Damage is 9S plus net hits (no further damage resistance). I need at least one net hit for the spell to succeed, though, so if he rolls 2 hits, he lucks out and gets nothing. smile.gif

Judging by my recent rolls, id have not bet on his chances, but the spirits love him
Willpower resist
(4d6.hits(5)=2)

BOB LIVES! smile.gif
Thanee
For now! wink.gif

Bye
Thanee
Raiden
At this point his best interest would be to just drop and play dead... haha
Mach_Ten
Just to add in Raidens defense, i stuffed up the recoil rules in my post

The thing is still dead but i got my wires crossed completely
Raiden
hmm.. to grenade... or not to grenade... decisions decisions. if its only cousin jeffs cousin Met then nah. now if its a family reunion....
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Raiden @ Jul 25 2013, 11:39 PM) *
hmm.. to grenade... or not to grenade... decisions decisions.

Meh, what's the worst that can happen ? you can sink the ship faster? nyahnyah.gif

it's NOT sinking yet btw, or is it ! devil.gif
Raiden
I would hope a flash bang would not...
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Raiden @ Jul 26 2013, 08:48 AM) *
I would hope a flash bang would not...
Just make sure to give us a heads-up before you do it biggrin.gif
phlapjack77
Hmmm, SRR gets released, posting frequency goes down...correlation or causation? smile.gif
Thanee
Not for me... I have it, but havn't even had the time to install it, yet. wink.gif

Bye
Thanee
phlapjack77
you and me both! might get to actually install and play it tonight, if the stars align...
Thanee
So, finally gave it a first try. Gotta love the little hommage to the old SNES game. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Thanee
You are not waiting on me, right? Still some IP2 actions ...

Bye
Thanee
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Thanee @ Jul 29 2013, 12:22 PM) *
You are not waiting on me, right? Still some IP2 actions ...

been waiting for me, apologies, I had an allergic reaction to something last week and I ended up looking like the Elephant Man for 5 days
then had a Stag party for my mate at a theme park & hotel for the weekend.

currently still recovering from both biggrin.gif

So,

Crispy did some Gymnastics, Nova Stunbolted and Longshot fired some full auto.

The PA system announces the "Abandon Ship" message and lets see how lucky our guard is feeling
EDGE test for guard
(3d6.hits(5)=0)

oh dear,

He drops his SMG on it's strap and tries frantically to pull away the sticky strands that hit him in the arm,
more "stuff" hits him on the upper torso and head as he is quite rapidly dragged into the Dark and Smokey room past Crispy

The noise of chattering teeth and legs in there grows to an excited level of activity as he goes screaming into the dark.

You are left stunned as to the speed that it all happened

Post up any IP 3/4 actions finishing your full movement should get you to the door,
A Running test, will let you get out into the open if you want to increase speed?

phlapjack77
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Jul 31 2013, 04:02 PM) *
been waiting for me, apologies, I had an allergic reaction to something last week and I ended up looking like the Elephant Man for 5 days
then had a Stag party for my mate at a theme park & hotel for the weekend.

currently still recovering from both biggrin.gif
Glad you've recovered. Pics (of either/or) ? biggrin.gif
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Jul 31 2013, 09:12 AM) *
Glad you've recovered. Pics (of either/or) ? biggrin.gif

didn't take the camera on the rides... cause i'd lose it

but here's me in all my Merrick glory
phlapjack77
that...was a risky click smile.gif

Thanks for sharing the pic - jeez that looks uncomfortable.
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Jul 31 2013, 09:35 AM) *
that...was a risky click smile.gif

Thanks for sharing the pic - jeez that looks uncomfortable.

the internet is like a box of out of date chocolates, you never know when you're gonna get a mouldy 'Orange Creme' !

the entire white of my eye, went yellow and bubbly like lemon jelly.. was hard to blink and harder still to NOT scratch my own eyes out from the irritation.

but, all better now
Thanee
Or Crunchy Frog! biggrin.gif

If we took the bones out, it wouldn't be crunchy, or would it?

Bye
Thanee
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Thanee @ Jul 31 2013, 02:15 PM) *
Or Crunchy Frog! biggrin.gif

If we took the bones out, it wouldn't be crunchy, or would it?

Depends how well you dessicate it biggrin.gif

Dried frog pills ... FTW
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012