Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [OOC] Hijacked - LowInt ops
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Thanee @ Aug 22 2013, 05:09 AM) *
I think it's called pointed stick. smile.gif

On further review, it is in fact "sharp sticks" smile.gif

QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Aug 22 2013, 04:21 PM) *
and not the first nor the last in this mission nyahnyah.gif

Ouch! smile.gif Did I mention I was never in the military? Don't have to wonder why now...
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Aug 22 2013, 09:38 AM) *
Ouch! smile.gif Did I mention I was never in the military? Don't have to wonder why now...

trust me, my unit had more than enough 'Characters' just like you .... you'd have fit right in biggrin.gif
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Aug 22 2013, 04:44 PM) *
trust me, my unit had more than enough 'Characters' just like you .... you'd have fit right in biggrin.gif

that's a comforting thought, our nations are being protected by people like that biggrin.gif

on my latest IC post, I feel like I'm setting Crispy up for some comic failure...but well, you know, comedy and stuff...
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Aug 22 2013, 09:47 AM) *
that's a comforting thought, our nations are being protected by people like that biggrin.gif

on my latest IC post, I feel like I'm setting Crispy up for some comic failure...but well, you know, comedy and stuff...

LOL yeah,

roll Edge for me mate please
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Aug 22 2013, 05:08 PM) *
roll Edge for me mate please

Can I use Edge on this roll? silly.gif

5d6.hits(5) → [5,3,6,5,4] = (3) hits
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Aug 22 2013, 10:35 AM) *
Can I use Edge on this roll? silly.gif

5d6.hits(5) → [5,3,6,5,4] = (3) hits

ic.gif is up, well done smile.gif
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (BigGreenSquid @ Aug 22 2013, 11:20 AM) *
Stitch leaps from the helo, hat in hand and sensors running in overdrive looking for available cover and possible hostiles. As soon as immediate cover can be found, he takes off in a crouching sprint in six second bursts until he is under cover.

You have been dropped in a field of what might be described as organic animal feed .. which as the chopper speeds off, leaves you waist deep in greenery.

under the cover of darkness you make your way to the dark outline of some long abandonned out building, possibly a small barn or shed.

in a short distance (maybe half a klick) you can see the lights of civilisation, it's possibly a small settlement like a port, but you need the GEO data back from the drone to get that info
from a hill overlooking the hamlet the lighthouse swings it's everburning lamp, obviously for the benefit of tourists, seeing as most stuff is Matrix controlled these days so a lighthouse would be utterly redundant.

from here in the field you issue the commands to your drone.
Ravage , I need you high over head buddy, paint me a picture. .

roll me some sensor tests and anything else you want the drone to do / look for
stealth ? etc.
Lexi, fill in the map, I need to know what trons are out there and please find me my contact, we need to link up five minutes ago.

some data search / matrix perception for Lexi to find your guy down there in the village

I think that's about it, feel free to extrapolate from the results into ic.gif

Hobo is down there awaiting your call.
Mach_Ten
FOR LONGSHOT ONLY
[ Spoiler ]

Roll willpower mate,
Thanee do you need LoS for counterspelling via your spirit?
If so, Longshot is not covered,

Thanks
Thanee
Yes, LoS is required.

Bye
Thanee
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Thanee @ Aug 22 2013, 11:04 PM) *
Yes, LoS is required.

I think Raiden was bored of his character anyway, no loss biggrin.gif
Thanee
The hummer crunches and screams with the torture of Nova pulling away fom the other vehicle it had collapsed against.

Does that mean Nova is driving the car already? Or am I just totally misunderstanding this part? smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
phlapjack77
Is Crispy in a position to see Longshot's reaction?
Raiden
heh.. maybe I should edge.
Raiden
8d6.hitsopen(5,6)=4 4 hits, if its nothing important congrats, made me worry enough nyahnyah.gif 2 edge left to spend
phlapjack77
What are you rolling Raiden? I didn't know SR had a Sanity meter nyahnyah.gif
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Thanee @ Aug 22 2013, 11:32 PM) *
Does that mean Nova is driving the car already? Or am I just totally misunderstanding this part? smile.gif

I Kinda abused you here, you guys needed the Hummer sent over and you needed some cover to remain under the concealment power.
if that's not what you want to do please let me know and I'll happily swap it around, the vehicle has autopilot afterall so,

lemme know,
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Aug 23 2013, 01:15 AM) *
Is Crispy in a position to see Longshot's reaction?

do you REALLY wanna see ? smile.gif he has a truck length head start on you so you can be at the cab, I think you were going to try and drive it anyway.
I'll leave it to Longshot to ic.gif up if Crispy or anyone else can see him.
QUOTE (Raiden @ Aug 23 2013, 01:26 AM) *
8d6.hitsopen(5,6)=4 4 hits, if its nothing important congrats, made me worry enough nyahnyah.gif 2 edge left to spend

Congrats on the awesome rolling to resist mate,
your mind returns to it's normal state after what feels like an eternity of fighting your way through webs and small spider bites,
add this to your IC if you like, something just tried to mind rape you and leave your mind cocooned in webbing forever.... feels nasty .. but you live to roll another dice.

in better news, the two guys next to Flamer-Man step up and slam the doors shut on the trailer ... there's animalistic screams from inside but nothing more.
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Aug 23 2013, 04:08 PM) *
do you REALLY wanna see ? smile.gif he has a truck length head start on you so you can be at the cab, I think you were going to try and drive it anyway.
I'll leave it to Longshot to ic.gif up if Crispy or anyone else can see him.

Cool - I was thinking a flying tackle was in order just because it would be funny to get Longshot out of harms way. biggrin.gif

But maybe it's not necessary now...
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Aug 23 2013, 05:09 AM) *
What are you rolling Raiden? I didn't know SR had a Sanity meter nyahnyah.gif

I GM a lot of World of Darkness, sorry but some of the darker stuff creeps over into my SR, means that while there's no actual Sanity measure.. I still like to see the effects you portray when I frag with your minds ...

I like you all hamming it up with your reactions, makes for some good RP ..

Mach_Ten
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Aug 23 2013, 09:11 AM) *
Cool - I was thinking a flying tackle was in order just because it would be funny to get Longshot out of harms way. biggrin.gif

But maybe it's not necessary now...

get in the truck .... I dare you !
Thanee
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Aug 23 2013, 10:08 AM) *
I Kinda abused you here, you guys needed the Hummer sent over and you needed some cover to remain under the concealment power.
if that's not what you want to do please let me know and I'll happily swap it around, the vehicle has autopilot afterall so,
lemme know,

No, no, it's fine... was just wondering, if I understood it right. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Thanee @ Aug 23 2013, 09:27 AM) *
No, no, it's fine... was just wondering, if I understood it right. smile.gif

You got it spot on,

UPDATED MAP

LONGSHOT – F:3
CRISPY - I:6
NOVA U:5 -> on ramp headed to other boat

FRANCO - R:6
FLAMER - D:5
GOON 1 – F:5
GOON2 – E:7

SPIDERS A:3 – F:1 (Mostly all dead or retreating)
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Aug 23 2013, 04:13 PM) *
I GM a lot of World of Darkness, sorry but some of the darker stuff creeps over into my SR, means that while there's no actual Sanity measure.. I still like to see the effects you portray when I frag with your minds ...
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Aug 23 2013, 04:14 PM) *
get in the truck .... I dare you !

You know what? You've convinced me to stop thinking like a Shadowrunner, and to start thinking like a Cthulu player. HE grenades, here we come!

"Oh look, a powerful mystical artifact! What should we do with it?"
"Burn it!"

"Oh look, a valuable ancient statuette! What should we..."
"Burn it!"

"Oh look, a rare bo.."
"BURN IT!"
phlapjack77
Btw, I'll hold off on an IC until Raiden posts something...
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Aug 23 2013, 10:06 AM) *
Btw, I'll hold off on an IC until Raiden posts something...

no worries, feel free to cover off any queries you have /ooc though ... I'm happy to answer

and more than happy to discuss plot / tactics and expectations with you all, this is after all, your story.

I'm just here to twist it and give you your characters, nightmares smile.gif
phlapjack77
Only tactical problem right now is how to lob a HE grenade into the midst of that group of hijackers and not damage the lovely flamethrower than Crispy is currently drooling over...

Plot-wise, I think you're doing a great job! I'm having a blast smile.gif I appreciate you helping us "roll with the punches", like letting me roll Edge on the maglock card thingee (I was hitting myself in the head after your post - "shoulda checked that myself! stupid stupid stupid!")
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Aug 23 2013, 03:16 PM) *
Only tactical problem right now is how to lob a HE grenade into the midst of that group of hijackers and not damage the lovely flamethrower than Crispy is currently drooling over...

rotfl.gif
Plot-wise, I think you're doing a great job! I'm having a blast smile.gif

Good! .. and thanks, I've still got a few things up my sleeve yet, for when you hit terra firma.

and if you liked this mission, then the [Next one] is going to really melt your noodle ! biggrin.gif
I appreciate you helping us "roll with the punches", like letting me roll Edge on the maglock card thingee (I was hitting myself in the head after your post - "shoulda checked that myself! stupid stupid stupid!")

I'm a firm believer in "many ways to skin a cat" I don't think there should ever be a situation where "Oh, we left the decker at home, can't hack this lock so we're staying out of this room!"

There's always another way with some literal/lateral thinking .... or half a pound of C-4 biggrin.gif

as for the code, don't sweat it, I had hoped you were going to try a passkey generator or some hacking or something, so that Franco would have second thoughts and start the shooting.

the Edge roll was more an opportunity for me to make some drek up, the D.O.B was not a written part that you "Had" to find ... see above, there's no 'Traps' in my games..

anyway, now we have the hetero love hug out of the way, back to the killing biggrin.gif

***EDIT***

Clarification on literal/lateral thinking for the group :

if you 'try something in ic.gif that you RP around,
then generally I'll ask for a random roll and improvise from there... I'm all for thinking and playing, backed up by a test of some sort...

phlapjack77
This is my first bromance, be gentle...don't mind the sweat, the doctors tell me that's normal for someone of my weight...

And yeah, I thought it would be bad form to break out the Hardware toolkit right in front of Franco. But now that I know the mercs are trigger happy and willing to shoot us, I'm gonna feel a LOT less guilty when Crispy goes all Neo on their asses.

You see what he said, right Raiden? They're willing to start the shooting. Seems like a pretty necessary killing to me!
Raiden
heh. unless he BELIEVES that they are truly bad people he won't use lethal rounds nyahnyah.gif. they could be trigger happy because they are scared not cuz they are bad after all nyahnyah.gif haha
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Raiden @ Aug 23 2013, 11:19 PM) *
heh. unless he BELIEVES that they are truly bad people he won't use lethal rounds nyahnyah.gif. they could be trigger happy because they are scared not cuz they are bad after all nyahnyah.gif haha

yeah, totally ... and the guys trying to abduct the scary thing you just saw that I'm totally not telling the other guys about,
they just wanna be friends really ...

in fact they're probably just discussing right now how to split up their bonus so that you three can get a fair share, right ?

and then it's time to go home and have tea and cake with you and the scary thing you just saw that I'm totally not telling the other guys about

amirite or amirite ?! biggrin.gif

oh and btw Raiden, you need to read back a page,
there's some special stuff for you and Crispy is waiting on your reaction. post ic.gif when you can... we'll move on straight after that between you guys ...
Raiden
parazoology to see if I know what that thing is/was/will be

7d6.hits(5)=2

magical threats, same thing.
7d6.hits(5)=0

also, wanna take a look at the 3 guys that came in, do they have a military like air around them? what do I need to roll? I have military knowledge skill as well.
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Raiden @ Aug 24 2013, 06:19 AM) *

We did hear the radio chatter where they were discussing plans to kill all the witnesses and so on. Seems like pretty bad people to me...
BigGreenSquid
When y'all registered for invisible castle, was there any delay in receiving a conformation email? I have registered 3 times, using 3 different email addresses, from 3 different email services and nothing.

Can someone please roll me 16 dice for infiltration.
phlapjack77
It's not just you - I've seen many people on DS complaining about not receiving emails.

And IC is being weird for me too, now. Trying to roll for you, and the pages are erroring out. Maybe someone else will have better luck.
Thanee
You can make rolls without registering, too. wink.gif

Bye
Thanee
Thanee
QUOTE (BigGreenSquid @ Aug 24 2013, 08:58 AM) *
Can someone please roll me 16 dice for infiltration.

That could have gone better...

Infiltration -> 3 hits

Bye
Thanee
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Raiden @ Aug 24 2013, 05:42 AM) *
parazoology to see if I know what that thing is/was/will be
7d6.hits(5)=2

[ Spoiler ]

magical threats, same thing.
7d6.hits(5)=0

[ Spoiler ]

also, wanna take a look at the 3 guys that came in, do they have a military like air around them? what do I need to roll? I have military knowledge skill as well.

nothing military about these guys, they just prepared for the job given the information they needed to get the cargo.... their Johnson must have been feeling generous if he told them to bring flame throwers !

Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Thanee @ Aug 24 2013, 09:30 AM) *
That could have gone better...

Infiltration -> 3 hits

I'll let you buy the 4th Hit.. Thanee is only ever good at SPOTTING .. not HIDING biggrin.gif

in fact, she can probably see you from here out on the boat... probably already has a bead on you down the sight of her rifle biggrin.gif
phlapjack77
Hey, quick question. The map shows the trailer part of the semi all skewed. Is it obvious at a glance if it's still connected? Like, when Crispy walked by on the way to the back, would he have seen if the trailer isn't attached now or not?
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Aug 24 2013, 10:55 AM) *
Hey, quick question. The map shows the trailer part of the semi all skewed. Is it obvious at a glance if it's still connected? Like, when Crispy walked by on the way to the back, would he have seen if the trailer isn't attached now or not?

one of my earlier ic.gif had it twisted but not seperated.. but is well worth checking out just in case,

roll a pilot ground craft test, or some kind of engineering
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Aug 24 2013, 06:01 PM) *
one of my earlier ic.gif had it twisted but not seperated.. but is well worth checking out just in case,

roll a pilot ground craft test, or some kind of engineering

general engineering knowledge skill: 4 hits

that's the only skill he has that might be applicable...
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Aug 24 2013, 11:54 AM) *
general engineering knowledge skill: 4 hits

that's the only skill he has that might be applicable...

ic.gif is up

no need for perception checks, as soon as the truck headlights go on, you can see one of the guards hoisting what can only be Drago, over his shoulder to carry him to safety.

phlapjack77
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Aug 24 2013, 11:32 PM) *
the voice in his head turns out to be one of the runners, walked up silently behind him and offering his expert opinion ... True, it might be the right opinion, but it gets right on Crispy's nerves none the less
it's all he can do to keep a sneer from his voice as he spits the comment at the runner, in a 'You do your job while I fraggin' well do mine!' kinda fashion
the words should sound friendly and reassuring, but the guard talking makes it sound condescending and outright nasty, like he cares whether you live or die, just another paycheck.

Totally metagaming, but I'm beginning to think something is affecting our mood. Mundane or magic? smile.gif
Raiden
fiat?
nyahnyah.gif
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Raiden @ Aug 24 2013, 09:36 PM) *
fiat?
nyahnyah.gif

But, i drive an audi, not a fiat
Mach_Ten
Apologies for putting words in your mouths, had a long week and stuff has been getting at me, just my mood, nothing meta going on.

phlapjack77
No worries, I just thought I was being clever and picking up on possible clues...spider-things have me a little jumpy...
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Aug 25 2013, 12:00 AM) *
No worries, I just thought I was being clever and picking up on possible clues...spider-things have me a little jumpy...

if only I was that subtle frown.gif .. no .. wait a sec ... I totally ballsed that up .. could had you going .. damn ..

anyways, post up your ic.gif for vehicular manslaughter whenever smile.gif
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Aug 25 2013, 08:18 AM) *
if only I was that subtle frown.gif .. no .. wait a sec ... I totally ballsed that up .. could had you going .. damn ..

anyways, post up your ic.gif for vehicular manslaughter whenever smile.gif

Got a post up about Crispy starting to drive the truck forward. Not sure if Longshot wants to hop onboard or is going to hitch another ride or..?
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Aug 25 2013, 06:56 AM) *
Got a post up about Crispy starting to drive the truck forward. Not sure if Longshot wants to hop onboard or is going to hitch another ride or..?

Pilot groundcraft .. Only minus 2 seeing as you did such an awesome job trying to fix her up!!!

Actions and intentions from longshot, please.. Feel free to hop on with crispy if you like, i just took a guess it wouldnt be your favourite idea wink.gif

Perception from nova,

Actions and intentions from stitch too please,
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Aug 26 2013, 03:57 AM) *
Pilot groundcraft .. Only minus 2 seeing as you did such an awesome job trying to fix her up!!!

Piloting the truck: 1 hit
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012