Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [OOC] Hijacked - LowInt ops
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30
phlapjack77
Wow, drek has hit the fan and continued through to the other side without slowing!
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Jul 22 2013, 03:55 PM) *
Wow, drek has hit the fan and continued through to the other side without slowing!

I have a funny feeling that DAK's idea of Low intensity .. and mine, somewhat differ biggrin.gif
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Jul 22 2013, 11:10 PM) *
I have a funny feeling that DAK's idea of Low intensity .. and mine, somewhat differ biggrin.gif
I'm noticing that as well smile.gif so far this thing seems to be shaping up to be titanic meets aliens...which is AWESOME ! smile.gif
Mach_Ten
okay, Nova, do you have some form of breathing apparatus ? same for Crispy if you are doing anything but going OUT of the nearest door.

the lights are all off, and the smoke is both toxic and thick

there's going to be hefty modifiers to visuals as well as being impossible to breathe.

depending on Longshots resistance roll there may be a message inbound, let's hold off on the action a little while we wait for him to show up.

but Glad you are enjoying the sudden excitement.

As per Nova's instruction, a little planning and such may be in order, don't forget the map I posted a while back

ask me anything
Thanee
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Jul 22 2013, 05:19 PM) *
okay, Nova, do you have some form of breathing apparatus ?

Nope.

Bye
Thanee
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Thanee @ Jul 22 2013, 04:30 PM) *
Nope.

you will need to get out of here to the fresh air, the stair cases are contained but you've no way of finding yourself down there on a held breath, not without some prep at any rate
Thanee
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Jul 22 2013, 05:19 PM) *
ask me anything

I am a little unsure what that "acrid smell" is coming from... fire? chemicals?

Or where it is... outside behind the door (so opening it is a bad idea)?

Bye
Thanee
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Thanee @ Jul 22 2013, 04:34 PM) *
I am a little unsure what that "acrid smell" is coming from... fire? chemicals?

Or where it is... outside behind the door (so opening it is a bad idea)?

ac·rid /ˈakrid/
Adjective : Having an irritatingly strong and unpleasant taste or smell.

imagine the black smoke from burning oil, rubber and a bunch of chemicals ... it's nasty stuff that strips the tender flesh from inside your throat as you breathe.

it is coming from the stair cases and the vents and any place where a fire down stairs can escape up into this leaky old boat.

making it impossible to see and even harder to breathe, your sense of self preservation tells you to go for fresh air first and then see what you can do to get back in after

does this link help skip to 1:20 where the smoke gets thick ?
Thanee
Ok, that gives me a far better idea (was thinking fire from the explosion, but was not sure about it).

Anyways, there should be plenty time to get outside, right?

Bye
Thanee
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Thanee @ Jul 22 2013, 04:51 PM) *
Ok, that gives me a far better idea (was thinking fire from the explosion, but was not sure about it).

Anyways, there should be plenty time to get outside, right?

oh hell yep, the green "Emergency Exit" sign is like 5 meters from you, and Crispy is on the other side of it.
Raiden
13d6.hits(5)=3 perception roll

reaction 7d6.hits(5)=3

damage resistance. ballistics correct? armor 20, body 5 25d6.hits(5)=7 edgeing that roll.... 18d6.hits(5)=7 total of 14 hit on the damage resist.

just to say, I assumed I was not near the door, I had thought more like the skirts near the wall. and whichever way you slice it, I was probably gonna get hit being down there anyway. also demolitions roll to try and figure out what kind of bomb it was based on explosion sound and the like?

EDIT: i'll update IC once I figure out if I am alive lol.
Raiden
oh, it seems I DID forget to apply a coating to my rifle, need to fix that asap. so he might have his pistol.
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Raiden @ Jul 22 2013, 04:54 PM) *
13d6.hits(5)=3 perception roll

reaction 7d6.hits(5)=3

damage resistance. ballistics correct? armor 20, body 5 25d6.hits(5)=7 edgeing that roll.... 18d6.hits(5)=7 total of 14 hit on the damage resist.

just to say, I assumed I was not near the door, I had thought more like the skirts near the wall. and whichever way you slice it, I was probably gonna get hit being down there anyway. also demolitions roll to try and figure out what kind of bomb it was based on explosion sound and the like?

EDIT: i'll update IC once I figure out if I am alive lol.

You are alive biggrin.gif yay
(but please explain how you get 20 armor ? Mil-spec ain't having no FFBA or PPP added to it)

the damage is 16P with AP -5
leaving you with 7 Stun as the armour absorbed the deadly part (Milspec 16, you may be taking an additional 4 stun damage if the maths doesn't add up on the armour)

having dodged flying debris, ducked behind a vehicle and then been slammed into the vehicle behind it. it a Longshot/truck sammich smile.gif

NEW MAP for info

it was a straight up box of C4 to straight take out the PORT side engine, the place is now full of diesel / oil smoke and thankfully your suit integrity has held so you have air supply.

on the down side, you're going to need help removing the vehicle from your face smile.gif

on the deck, you see movement ... lots of movement, things about the size of a medium dog running under the smoke but it's too dark to see and you're trapped so can't grab a torch etc.

feel free to panic in ic.gif we'll keep it to a manly panic rather than screaming like a girl kay? biggrin.gif
Mach_Ten
DECK MAP UPSTAIRS

Nova is left side of boat (above the exploded engine)

Crispy on right side

you can see each other .. it's about 10 metres across .. ish
Raiden
Longshot always blames the bees. had a bad experience once back in his old team. haha. I assume I can still use my pistol of something unwanted comes to close?
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Raiden @ Jul 22 2013, 05:30 PM) *
Longshot always blames the bees. had a bad experience once back in his old team. haha. I assume I can still use my pistol of something unwanted comes to close?

yup, is probably easier, but lets say you have the rifle too, cause it was more sneaking than hiding so the camo coating is not necessary
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Jul 22 2013, 11:19 PM) *
okay, Nova, do you have some form of breathing apparatus ? same for Crispy if you are doing anything but going OUT of the nearest door.
I don't think I ever explicitly said what Crispy took with him from the Humvee, so I'll go with Crispy having left the respirator in the Humvee. He's got his pistol loaded with the gel rounds Longshot gave him (+1 spare clip), FFBA (half suit), shock glove, commlink + comm gear, earbuds, and toolkits (inc. barrier foam, cleentac, c-squared). Cool ?

He's also going through that door that magically opened on it's own. That'll put us by the stairwell down I think, with all the smoke billowing up from the stairwell? We need to get downstairs though...

QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Jul 23 2013, 12:11 AM) *
on the deck, you see movement ... lots of movement, things about the size of a medium dog running under the smoke but it's too dark to see and you're trapped so can't grab a torch etc.

feel free to panic in ic.gif we'll keep it to a manly panic rather than screaming like a girl kay? biggrin.gif
Oh that's great...that's just fraggin' great man. We're in some real pretty drek now man! Now what are we supposed to do?

ask me anything
on the shiphold map, what are the blue stars? Which vehicle is our hummer? And does "Zerg" mean what I think it means? Because if so, the girly screaming has begun...

QUOTE (Raiden @ Jul 23 2013, 12:30 AM) *
What if they were...SPIDER bees?
phlapjack77
ask me anything

Do you mean, the movement is in the hold? Because if those...things...are up on deck already, Brian's joke about the heavy load in Crispy's pants might have been prophetic...

Also, on the shiphold map, what are those concentric red rings - is it the smoke effects? Can Baller be considered to be under the semi-trailer?
Raiden
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Jul 23 2013, 12:26 AM) *
What if they were...SPIDER bees?

3 letters. O M G. I sense gunfire is soon to come...
phlapjack77
Hell, it's a good thing Crispy doesn't have his grenades on him right now. He might consider dropping one at his own feet, just in case...
Thanee
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Jul 23 2013, 07:26 AM) *
on the shiphold map, what are the blue stars? Which vehicle is our hummer? And does "Zerg" mean what I think it means? Because if so, the girly screaming has begun...

I would say, the two blue stars are us (I am the one closer to the point of explosion).

And Zerg is our Hummer.

Bye
Thanee
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Thanee @ Jul 23 2013, 02:14 PM) *
I would say, the two blue stars are us (I am the one closer to the point of explosion).

And Zerg is our Hummer.
On deck, yeah that seems right. But down below in the hold, there are 4 blue stars and 1 red star (Longshot). I guess the 4 blue stars are the security guards or some unknown "elements".

Zerg being our hummer makes sense, thank goodness smile.gif
Thanee
Ah, those blue stars... yeah, security guards make sense... also, the red rings being the smoke...

Bye
Thanee
phlapjack77
Cool. It looks like we can go down those stairs on the right side of the boat, and the smoke shouldn't be too much of a problem...

oh, and maybe Crispy should've said the same thing to Nova about not being freaked out, since she probably can't see him either! nyahnyah.gif
Mach_Ten
Ok yeah sorry, my skills in paint arent as good as they should be smile.gif

On the passenger deck you guys arethe blue stars, wasnt important, just to give u a clue

Downstairs, youll see the other blue dots are guards, in whatever state you find them, living or dead.

Longshot cant really see them from where he is

And the concentric rings were supposed to blast radius, BUT it works perfectly as visibilty modifiers, the closer to the bomb site the thicker the smoke pouring from the engine casings,

The boat has halted at this point and is sitting mostly stationary in the water.

ZERG is the zermax group acronym, your hummer, i'll label the truck with ZERGLING if that helps you?
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Jul 23 2013, 03:50 PM) *
And the concentric rings were supposed to blast radius, BUT it works perfectly as visibilty modifiers, the closer to the bomb site the thicker the smoke pouring from the engine casings
ZERG is the zermax group acronym, your hummer, i'll label the truck with ZERGLING if that helps you?
makes sense...and nooooooooooooo

I'll update my IC post with the smoke on the right side not being as bad, if that's alright.
Thanee
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Jul 23 2013, 08:37 AM) *
oh, and maybe Crispy should've said the same thing to Nova about not being freaked out, since she probably can't see him either! nyahnyah.gif

Try harder, ninja-boy! biggrin.gif

Bye
Thanee
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Thanee @ Jul 23 2013, 09:21 AM) *
Try harder, ninja-boy! biggrin.gif

I LOL'ed

Right lets have initiative then people

Let me know your intended actions and we'll get cracking
phlapjack77
notworthy.gif

that...is a lot of dice!
Thanee
Yeah, Nova is rather good at Perception... wink.gif

Bye
Thanee
Thanee
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Jul 23 2013, 10:30 AM) *

Take the non-smoke-filled stairs down and get to the chopp... hummer! smile.gif

Then gear up, free Longshot (not necessarily in the order), find a boat and set sails.

Bye
Thanee
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Jul 23 2013, 04:30 PM) *
Right lets have initiative then people

Initiative: 12, 2 passes

Crispy's heading down the stairs with pistol drawn in a "tactical crouch". He intends to 1. make sure Longshot's ok and secure, and 2. Get to the ZERG-mobile and get gear out. He'll def. be on the lookout for creepy-crawlies, and hopefully Baller can help in this regard somewhat.
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Thanee @ Jul 23 2013, 04:49 PM) *
Take the non-smoke-filled stairs down and get to the chopp... hummer! smile.gif
Hehe - I have a feeling we might be yelling that at Brian..
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Jul 23 2013, 09:55 AM) *
Hehe - I have a feeling we might be yelling that at Brian..

"thanks for calling the Love machine hotline! .. Brians not here right now, but if you leave a message after the BLLLLEEEEEUuuuurgh!"
Thanee
Initiative 15 + 3 hits = 18 (4 IP)

Bye
Thanee
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Jul 23 2013, 11:51 PM) *
The sounds that follow he will remember for the rest of his short life, when asked to describe them all he would say was "chittering!"
I'm not so sure these are bees...
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Jul 23 2013, 05:10 PM) *
I'm not so sure these are bees...

Sensor test for BALLER please
Do robots have FEAR circuits? Cause if so make a willpower test for it wink.gif
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Jul 24 2013, 12:24 AM) *
Sensor test for BALLER please
Do robots have FEAR circuits? Cause if so make a willpower test for it wink.gif
Baller is leaving a little trail of motor oil as it rolls away...

Sensor: 0 hits (but no glitch either)
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Jul 23 2013, 05:32 PM) *
Baller is leaving a little trail of motor oil as it rolls away...

Sensor: 0 hits (but no glitch either)

Ok, post up ur ic for him,

static filled images and shadows of fast moving insectile things the size of labradors running past,
vehicles crashing together and screaming guards,

no details though sorry, the things are too fast. And the dar and smoke is not helping
Thanee
Oh, Longshot is in his own, personal horror movie. And he didn't even have to pay for it! smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
phlapjack77
IC post up.

@Thanee/Raiden
I was thinking: would it be a better plan for Crispy and Nova to go to Longshot's location together, then all 3 of us get to the humvee? OR have Nova get to the humvee first while Crispy goes to help Longshot - since Nova's invisible, there's a good chance she can make it there unmolested, and maybe either there's gear in the humvee that can really help the situation, or maybe the humvee itself could help (with weapon mounted-weapons or a winch to move other vehicles or something)
Thanee
Since it is just a couple meters between those, we should check on Longshot first, yeah.

Bye
Thanee
Raiden
okz. initiative 9 9d6.hits(5)=3 total of 12, 3 passes, -2 hurts haha.

perception 4 int. 4 perception 2 visual, +3 actively looking +3 vision enhance. -2 wounds, and -1 for fog/smoke? 13dice 13d6.hits(5)=4 if its -2 for smoke still have 4 hits. (drop the last dice)
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Raiden @ Jul 24 2013, 12:54 PM) *
okz. initiative 9 9d6.hits(5)=3 total of 12, 3 passes, -2 hurts haha.

perception 4 int. 4 perception 2 visual, +3 actively looking +3 vision enhance. -2 wounds, and -1 for fog/smoke? 13dice 13d6.hits(5)=4 if its -2 for smoke still have 4 hits. (drop the last dice)

not just smoke, Dark, the lights are nearly all off apart from the green "emergency exits" Low light vision would possibly get away with it ..

but it's fine,, you spot some stuff.

INIT ORDER

IP 1
Nova - 18
LongShot - 12
Crispy - 12
bad guys & Friends - 10

IP 2
Nova - 18
LongShot - 12
Crispy - 12
bad guys & Friends - 10

IP 3
Nova - 18
LongShot - 12

IP 4 (what the hell?)
Nova - 18

Mach_Ten
and by stuff, I mean,

you see the booted feet of a soldier vanish into the smoke cloud billowing across the ceiling.

Baller catches a glimpse of that too, but nothing more

Longshot you can pick out a shape up there to target but at -3 for visibility and size k?

Nova, You are UP !
roll me a BOD roll please, -1 for the heat and smoke, yes I know you chose the "clearer side" it's clearer but by no means clear

Same for El Crispio please, you swear you can hear elven laughter in your tacnet feed, but it's probably just a glitch

and for the sake of clarity, you are gonna get to Longshot at the end of the next Combat turn, as the boat tilts back and forth dangerously the slippery ground makes it hard going.

not going to make anyone roll agility unless you want to make athletics tests to go faster across the uneven surface
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Jul 24 2013, 10:31 PM) *
IP 4 (what the hell?)
Nova - 18
I've noticed a trend, where Thanee is like addicted to having super initiative on most (all?) of her characters...biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Jul 24 2013, 10:35 PM) *
roll me a BOD roll please, -1 for the heat and smoke, yes I know you chose the "clearer side" it's clearer but by no means clear

Same for El Crispio please, you swear you can hear elven laughter in your tacnet feed, but it's probably just a glitch

and for the sake of clarity, you are gonna get to Longshot at the end of the next Combat turn, as the boat tilts back and forth dangerously the slippery ground makes it hard going.

not going to make anyone roll agility unless you want to make athletics tests to go faster across the uneven surface
BOD: 1 hit

Smoke must be getting to him, he's hearing things...

Slow and steady wins the race keeps us alive here, I think...
Raiden
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Jul 24 2013, 10:14 AM) *
Slow and steady wins the race keeps us alive here, I think...

YOU maybe. LOL
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Raiden @ Jul 24 2013, 11:27 PM) *
YOU maybe. LOL
The "us" could've been Crispy and Nova nyahnyah.gif
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Jul 24 2013, 05:16 PM) *
The "us" could've been Crispy and Nova nyahnyah.gif

Does crispy HAVE a speed other than slow n steady? wink.gif
Thanee
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Jul 24 2013, 05:14 PM) *
I've noticed a trend, where Thanee is like addicted to having super initiative on most (all?) of her characters...biggrin.gif

Sorry! smile.gif

Mages just have it so darn easy to get there... in SR5 they made it a good deal harder, though.

Bye
Thanee
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012