Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [OOC] Hijacked - LowInt ops
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Oct 24 2013, 08:58 PM) *
lets say that that's the point where it becomes apparent, I just spotted you got no hits on the Demo's roll nyahnyah.gif

uh...right....hey, wait a min....OH FUUUUUUUUUUDDDDDDDDDDDDGGGGGGGGGGGE...

(but I didn't say "fudge")
phlapjack77
I'm out for the night - don't blow Crispy up in the meanwhile please!

(my last ic.gif is a test of how British everyone is nyahnyah.gif)
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Oct 24 2013, 03:26 PM) *
I'm out for the night - don't blow Crispy up in the meanwhile please!

(my last ic.gif is a test of how British everyone is nyahnyah.gif)

Great post and have a GREAT Night out ...

don't worry .. about a 'ting .... cuz every lil' 'ting .... gonna be arrite !

smile.gif
Mach_Ten
okay, so Crispy has managed to crash the ship !

this hasn't happened just yet .. but soon™

while we wait for that impending doom... the rest of you, specifically Sanchez and Nova have a resurrected Angry Spider to kill

off you go smile.gif

LordArcana
Sorry... just got home and got caught up on everything that happened this morning. As murphy climbs up the back of the trailer to help with speedy, does he see the spider coming out of the water?
NeVeRLiFt
I'm going to wait to post till others have posted and caught up.
I have feeling I'm about to be surprise attack so this is where Sanchez should shine... he should be able to soak a lot damage.

Sanchez does carry a pet rat with him in his inside armor jacket pocket... his name's Rufus. wink.gif
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (LordArcana @ Oct 24 2013, 04:41 PM) *
Sorry... just got home and got caught up on everything that happened this morning. As murphy climbs up the back of the trailer to help with speedy, does he see the spider coming out of the water?

Sorry Chum, She's at least trying to be sneaky about getting her first meal of the day, so no... you can carry on regardless for a moment.

in good news, you only have a 33.33333 ... % chance of being dinner smile.gif
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (NeVeRLiFt @ Oct 24 2013, 04:54 PM) *
I'm going to wait to post till others have posted and caught up.
I have feeling I'm about to be surprise attack so this is where Sanchez should shine... he should be able to soak a lot damage.

Sanchez does carry a pet rat with him in his inside armor jacket pocket... his name's Rufus. wink.gif

if you get 10 hits on your Ares Pred roll again ... I'm gonna hunt you ... AND Rufus, down ! biggrin.gif
LordArcana
Generic IC posted to at least get me current with the situation.
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (LordArcana @ Oct 24 2013, 05:14 PM) *
Generic IC posted to at least get me current with the situation.

Meh, just waiting on Thanee to Thor Shot me frown.gif

she'll toast me on initiative, so no point rolling ... but should give you lot something for your ic.gif

Especially as the boat hits the rocks soon.

and now that this little sideline is almost at an end, we can get on with the main event ! ..

I hope you lot are buckled up and ready ?! devil.gif
LordArcana
Let me just double check to see if we know all of whats going on. Crispy said hold on as we felt the ship lurch forward when he hit the throttle. Then he says get ready for a surprise and we chat about a bomb drago is sitting on. Bells and whistles start going off for a proximity alert. so its fair to assume we know we are about to crash? Is it fair to expect an explosion from upstairs despite i think its a dud?

From the top of the trailer... how far is it to the ceiling? Are there any cross pipes or bracing supports to grab hold of?
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (LordArcana @ Oct 24 2013, 05:32 PM) *
Let me just double check to see if we know all of whats going on. Crispy said hold on as we felt the ship lurch forward when he hit the throttle. Then he says get ready for a surprise and we chat about a bomb drago is sitting on. Bells and whistles start going off for a proximity alert. so its fair to assume we know we are about to crash? Is it fair to expect an explosion from upstairs despite i think its a dud?

From the top of the trailer... how far is it to the ceiling? Are there any cross pipes or bracing supports to grab hold of?

About 4 feet to the ceiling and I yep feel free to grab hold.

The rest is all spot on correct.

You think its a did but there's always a chance smile.gif
NeVeRLiFt
So I'm sitting here thinking what the hell can I do to keep Speedy and myself alive during this impending crash.
Can I get some ideals of what all I see around me, say in terms of bracing myself while holding on to Speedy or any spots I could try for that might lessen the impact, or just something I can get a hold of while I hold Speedy and myself to it?

Maybe even trying to drag him into the cab of the truck and leaving him there while I deal with whats to come? This is if the cab is not flooded too much with water. I'm not sure but I would think the cab would not be flooded.
Thanee
Sorry, was away the whole day (just came back). Let me quickly get up to speed in the IC and then see what to do... smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Thanee @ Oct 24 2013, 07:08 PM) *
Sorry, was away the whole day (just came back). Let me quickly get up to speed in the IC and then see what to do... smile.gif

We have AGES till Crispy gets back.. we could do all sorts to his vacant and inert form ...

Who got magic markers ? Bagsy doing a mexican moustache on him !
NeVeRLiFt
You have to shoot the spider queen!
I think me and Murphy are about to be surprise attacked by her.
Thanee
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Oct 24 2013, 06:23 PM) *
Meh, just waiting on Thanee to Thor Shot me frown.gif

she'll toast me on initiative, so no point rolling ... but should give you lot something for your ic.gif

So... should I roll something?

Oh, and as mentioned in the IC, it actually was the plan to keep shooting the spider for a while. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
LordArcana
Can we see land... or lights... or any signs of the imminent crash through the big open doorway in the vehicle hold?
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (LordArcana @ Oct 24 2013, 07:28 PM) *
Can we see land... or lights... or any signs of the imminent crash through the big open doorway in the vehicle hold?

Its really quite pretty!

The light house illumintes the top of the hill in a bright silhouette,
the moon is shining brightly on the surf as it crashes onto the black and craggy rocks,

The beach around the rocks is a grey soft sand, that would be the perfect texture for building sand castles.
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Thanee @ Oct 24 2013, 07:17 PM) *
So... should I roll something?

Oh, and as mentioned in the IC, it actually was the plan to keep shooting the spider for a while. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee

Nuke me with either spirit or rifle or both.

I must admit i missed that in the IC, and forgot about your vindictive nature,

There is a reason for all this which i will get to later, i promise
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (NeVeRLiFt @ Oct 24 2013, 07:05 PM) *
So I'm sitting here thinking what the hell can I do to keep Speedy and myself alive during this impending crash.
Can I get some ideals of what all I see around me, say in terms of bracing myself while holding on to Speedy or any spots I could try for that might lessen the impact, or just something I can get a hold of while I hold Speedy and myself to it?

Maybe even trying to drag him into the cab of the truck and leaving him there while I deal with whats to come? This is if the cab is not flooded too much with water. I'm not sure but I would think the cab would not be flooded.

You can try and get into the truck through the windows! The water will stop you opening the door but it seems dry in there so may have environmental sealing.

At which point you will see her majesty cresting the wave mid flight and attack... Have a free single shot from weapon of choice!

LordArcana
Ok i guess i am lost with one thing. If Nova has emptied the clip of her sniper rifle into the spider... wouldn't the ret of us know she has been firing?
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (LordArcana @ Oct 24 2013, 08:08 PM) *
Ok i guess i am lost with one thing. If Nova has emptied the clip of her sniper rifle into the spider... wouldn't the ret of us know she has been firing?

We kinda got ahead of ourselves in the excitement,

And also thanee forgot she had stopped to cast detect life and search for speedy, possibly while reloading..

Now ... Which one of you is brave enough to go up to the psycho with a sniper rifle and kindly ask her to stop killing the nasty spider??? Right, me either !

So you lot carry on doing while she makes sure. smile.gif everyones happy, i'm going to be dead again momentarily.

NeVeRLiFt
I was going to try and keep the npc safe and from dying hopefully.

So I have the option of moving Speedy to the cab of the truck and leaving him there, maybe putting him the sleeper cab behind the seats or just buckle him up with harness/seatbelt in the seat? And then I can shoot at the Spider Queen?
LordArcana
no i didn't mean it that way... i went back reading through and i am curious if something was said in PM or edited later because i just don't see a reference to it after we came out of combat. Did Nova start shooting the corpse of the spider when it went down?
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (LordArcana @ Oct 24 2013, 08:21 PM) *
no i didn't mean it that way... i went back reading through and i am curious if something was said in PM or edited later because i just don't see a reference to it after we came out of combat. Did Nova start shooting the corpse of the spider when it went down?

Shes been away all day and weve had time to post more IC ... Im just allowing creative license,

it doesnt affect anything too badly,
LordArcana
Not sure exactly how far we are from land, but when it looks like we are getting ready to actually hit i would like to crawl up into the piping in the ceiling. Wrap my arms and legs around some framing supports and hold on for dear life.
Thanee
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Oct 24 2013, 08:52 PM) *
Nuke me with either spirit or rifle or both.

Ok.

I must admit i missed that in the IC, and forgot about your vindictive nature,

I think I only mentioned it in a comm message somewhere.

Bye
Thanee
Thanee
Spirit's Elemental Attack -> 4 hits with DV 8P and half impact armor

Nova's Rifle Shot (the usual Called Shot, Aim, Fire) -> 3 hits with DV 13P and -4 AP

Bye
Thanee
Thanee
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Oct 24 2013, 09:17 PM) *
And also thanee forgot she had stopped to cast detect life and search for speedy, possibly while reloading..

Reloading? Still got plenty bullets in there... clip has 14. smile.gif

But yeah, there would have been a short shooting break, once the spider went down, to cast the spell.

Bye
Thanee
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Thanee @ Oct 24 2013, 09:42 PM) *
Reloading? Still got plenty bullets in there... clip has 14. smile.gif

But yeah, there would have been a short shooting break, once the spider went down, to cast the spell.

IC to follow as soon as Black List is finished... I love this series!

********* EDIT ************

Apologies, I had typed out a massive IC post to conclude this, it was similar to the one posted but .. better !

My ipad though decided it wasn't up to it's standards and promptly deleted it, leaving me in a tired rage, to log onto my real PC and re-type what my addled brain could remember

BALLS ! frown.gif

Anyways, Congratulations you all lived - please feel free to conclude ic.gif for Chapter one - Simply entitled "Taking the Ferry"

I will begin Chapter Two - "Another easy Task!" on Monday

Thanks to you all so far ... long may we continue !!

phlapjack77
Cool! I'll post a final ic.gif for chapter one for Crispy. Really awesome so far smile.gif
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Oct 25 2013, 01:35 AM) *
Cool! I'll post a final ic.gif for chapter one for Crispy. Really awesome so far smile.gif

nice post, Glad you're having fun smile.gif

I'll set the Scene a little for you :

as Crispy see's, the front of the ship is fair mangled and the open bow door way has buried nearly to the top in the sand leaving about a FOUR feet gap under the ceiling.

inside is mostly empty now as the water floods to the rear of the hold,
the Hummer is completely submerged but if the tide is going out the water should drain out of the stern doors if you could open them?

the full moon illuminates the surrounding area quite well, the ship is resting between two HUGE rock formations that hold it upright and mostly stable.

Ahead of you the beach is clean and the lights of a small dwelling blink on about a half-mile away, up a dirt track from the beach to the road proper.

LordArcana
Final IC for that scene from Murphy added.

Thank you everyone. This is an awesome pbp. Great dynamics smile.gif
Thanee
Assensing Speedy -> 3 hits

Heal F5 -> 3 hits; 1S Drain

Bye
Thanee
phlapjack77
QUOTE (LordArcana @ Oct 25 2013, 06:24 PM) *
Final IC for that scene from Murphy added.

Thank you everyone. This is an awesome pbp. Great dynamics smile.gif

Glad you could join! Good to have some fresh cover...I mean, teammates smile.gif
NeVeRLiFt
Hey thank you all for letting me in this play by post.
I admit I'm little rusty it's been many years since I've done a play by post.. and to be honest I'm actually not sure what to post just yet IC.
I hope it just happens and I grow into the character and get comfortable with it.

I would be up for a Roll20 group if that ever happened.
LordArcana
Edited smile.gif
phlapjack77
QUOTE (NeVeRLiFt @ Oct 25 2013, 08:09 PM) *
Hey thank you all for letting me in this play by post.
I admit I'm little rusty it's been many years since I've done a play by post.. and to be honest I'm actually not sure what to post just yet IC.
I hope it just happens and I grow into the character and get comfortable with it.

No problem, thanks for joining, it's great to have you here smile.gif As for what to write, don't worry too much - it's not like we're setting the bar that high or anything with our own writing nyahnyah.gif

QUOTE (LordArcana @ Oct 25 2013, 08:28 PM) *
Thanee, close your eyes for a moment please smile.gif

Oh hey, does that work? Lemme try!

[ Spoiler ]

(did it work?)
NeVeRLiFt
Thanks for the tip... I edited my post.
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Oct 25 2013, 01:43 PM) *
it's not like we're setting the bar that high or anything with our own writing nyahnyah.gif

Oi ¬!! cool.gif
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Oct 25 2013, 01:43 PM) *
Oh hey, does that work? Lemme try!

[ Spoiler ]

(did it work?)

Crispy gets visited in the night by a rampaging fire spirit, the GM has to post a new recruitment advert for someone more flame "Retardant"

Ze' MAP has undt been updatedz !!

Someone needs to get the new guys up to speed on the situation and the mission as you see it,

if you have any difficulties, Ricoh is only a comm-call away !

You have the next few hours (in game, days in RL) to consolidate / secure your position and do what you need to do etc.

formulate a plan and we begin execution next week.
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Thanee @ Oct 25 2013, 11:48 AM) *
Assensing Speedy -> 3 hits

Heal F5 -> 3 hits; 1S Drain

Cheers Thanee, good job !

Okay, I left STITCH in Limbo headed for this location to intercept you.

The team receives a secure comms message that Speedy will be collected by this agent and his driver in a civilian ambulance and extracted from the theatre of operations.

feel free to add this to your ic.gif

Time is Now 01:55:00 on sunday morning.

[ Spoiler ]

ORIGINAL BRIEFING & TIMINGS
Thanee
So, we are now ready to move on to ...

Part II - Finding the answer to the question "What else can go wrong?"

We'll start with the opening scene ...

"What the hell were we supposed to do here, anyways?"

Bye
Thanee
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Thanee @ Oct 25 2013, 02:27 PM) *
So, we are now ready to move on to ...

Part II - Finding the answer to the question "What else can go wrong?"

Yup, this is actually the ultimate question,

"The answer to Life, the Universe and Everything"
was all primitive man could think of at the time, while he TRIED to verbalise the true question.

LordArcana
My computer room remodel is going to take a little longer than originally expected. I didn't get started painting tonight but I should get started early Saturday morning. Hopefully I can get all the paint done early so it's dry by noon so I can start bringing everything back in. I am guessing best case scenario I should be back online Saturday late evening.
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (LordArcana @ Oct 26 2013, 04:19 AM) *
My computer room remodel is going to take a little longer than originally expected. I didn't get started painting tonight but I should get started early Saturday morning. Hopefully I can get all the paint done early so it's dry by noon so I can start bringing everything back in. I am guessing best case scenario I should be back online Saturday late evening.

We need before and after pictures adding to the dropbox for us to give constructive feedback, smile.gif
LordArcana
I didn't take any pictures of before we started but I started taking pictures once it got cleaned out and a first coat of paint on the walls. Been taking pics of the rebuilding slowly as we progress. I have my main computer hooked up and should have both my laptops in place today. Installing a ceiling fan the wife wanted put me a little behind but I should be finished today. Have to go get a small bookshelf for me and some supplies to build an 8 inch ledge (shelf) around the working area of the room. Needless to say this weekend didn't turn out as relaxing as I had wished. Good thing it's only a four day week and I have Friday off... Party at my house folks... I'll bring the beer smile.gif
LordArcana
Ok, while i await the the old lady to awake and give me order for the day ahead... i figured i would jump on and check out out what i have missed. Question for you Mr. Mach_Ten... are we going to keep going in this thread name or are you going to create a new IC thread for the next scene? Not that it really matters, just making sure i didn't miss anything in the change smile.gif
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (LordArcana @ Oct 27 2013, 10:54 AM) *
Ok, while i await the the old lady to awake and give me order for the day ahead... i figured i would jump on and check out out what i have missed. Question for you Mr. Mach_Ten... are we going to keep going in this thread name or are you going to create a new IC thread for the next scene? Not that it really matters, just making sure i didn't miss anything in the change smile.gif

I thought about it, considering the changes in team etc.

But actually i'm gonna keep it, the Hijacked name, actually had nothing to do with the mission, it was because I "Jacked" the thread from it's previous owner.

The actual in game hijacking came to me later in a flash of inspiration, so I made some stuff up.

Ironically it allowed me to introduce a larger theme of what Vashon is actually doing in secret on their own island.

It struck me as quite interesting that you hear a lot about Ares and weapon manufacturers, but little about those fashion houses that could be just as corrupt and devious.

phlapjack77
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Oct 27 2013, 07:33 PM) *
It struck me as quite interesting that you hear a lot about Ares and weapon manufacturers, but little about those fashion houses that could be just as corrupt and devious.

Yeah, I like that direction. There was another thread somewhere awhile ago, talking about how all of the "major plots" of the SR universe have lately been magic related. It's nice to get a good old-fashioned "evil megacorp" cyberpunk dystopian story again...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012