Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [OOC] Hijacked - LowInt ops
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Raiden @ Sep 4 2013, 09:11 AM) *
10d6.hits(5)=3 13 int.

Pilot ground craft to hit some peeps? or get away. lol.

9d6.hits(5)=6 pilot ground craft test, VROOM VROOM MUTHER F@#&%&$R

only if you hit reverse ! .. actually that does sound cool, it serves a purpose too. nice rolling

I'll post reactions to that when Im not at work,
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Sep 4 2013, 09:03 AM) *
Question: ok, Crispy has one of the radios, and he heard the chatter about offing us (and the d-bag comment mad.gif)

hell yes !
Does he see the "good guys" running in his rearview mirror? If so, he'll try a little creative driving to smash him some bad guys good guys.

you see Longshot slam a Hummer into reverse and try to sideswipe him some nice men in armour just doing their jobs!
If he doesn't see them, he'll keep putting pedal to metal to get onto the other ship as quickly as he can.
I'm trying to play it now with the comms problem affecting things, so he's nervous not having a good line of comms with his teammates.

looks like someone read your mind, your back is covered.

Only the tenuous bridge between ships to worry about along with the guy you can see in your headlights in the opposing ship doorway as he waves a machine gun threateningly then wonders where the hell all his bullets went ! biggrin.gif
Depending on your answer, I'll post up an ic.gif

(sidebar: I never knew how to do that ic.gif tag until just recently when I stole it from your post. The more you know...)

post your ic.gif away man smile.gif a man is only wise when he recognises how much he doesn't know ... or summat that sounds epic and wise...
Mach_Ten
dodging truck / hummer good guys 1,2,3
EDGE SPENT FOR EACH
5d6.hitsopen(5,6)=1,
5d6.hitsopen(5,6)=4,
5d6.hitsopen(5,6)=1

1,2 is hummer .. 3 is truck

damage resist tests
(10P minus dodge hits) -5 AP
oh crap! time
10d6.hits(5) =7,
10d6.hits(5) =4,
10d6.hits(5) =3

1 took it in the face like a champ (2P taken)
2 dives for cover but gets clipped good (2P taken)
3 has a bad day with a truck (6P taken)

Crispy,
Drive test please
-1 for the tilt of the ship
-1 for the slippery surface and objects in the way
-1 for the damage to the vehicle

roll gud or LTS*

Nova, there's a truck ... you may wanna move biggrin.gif the driver seems to be a bit ... manic ?

*Learn 2 Swim biggrin.gif
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Sep 4 2013, 11:56 PM) *
Crispy,
Drive test please
-1 for the tilt of the ship
-1 for the slippery surface and objects in the way
-1 for the damage to the vehicle

roll gud or LTS*

Driving test, throwing Edge on it: 1 hit
Man, IC is hating on me these days frown.gif
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Sep 5 2013, 01:29 AM) *
Driving test, throwing Edge on it: 1 hit
Man, IC is hating on me these days frown.gif

Whew close.. the ships drift apart gently and the truck tyres slide towards the precipice .
At the last moment you manage to slow enough for the boats to realign and drive onto the bridge.

The extent of this rounds movement will just about get u aboard. Longshot will be stranded on the bridge in his new hummer behind you should he be able to scrape the guards off his bumper.

You can still take your actions. Or get out. But the truck is slow.

Make sense ?
phlapjack77
Ok, Crispy plans to jump out and if nobodies in sight, stealth around a bit to get in a good firing position. If a bad guy is in sight, he'll use the truck as cover and start firing.

I'll post up as soon as I'm out of these meetings from hell...geez, how do they expect us to get real work dumpshock done?
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Sep 5 2013, 08:40 AM) *
If a bad guy is in sight, he'll use the truck as cover and start firing.

other than the guy peeling himself from under the truck ? biggrin.gif although I'd guess you can't see whether he's dead or not yet smile.gif
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Sep 5 2013, 08:40 AM) *
I'll post up as soon as I'm out of these meetings from hell...geez, how do they expect us to get real work dumpshock done?

tell me about it ... now I just need to work on getting my wages linked to my post-count smile.gif
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Sep 5 2013, 03:56 PM) *
tell me about it ... now I just need to work on getting my wages linked to my post-count smile.gif

if you ever figure out how to do that, I'd be willing to pay lots of money for the answer smile.gif
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Sep 5 2013, 12:52 PM) *
if you ever figure out how to do that, I'd be willing to pay lots of money for the answer smile.gif

just post me a blank cheque and a post marked envelope and I'll return you a "self help e-book!"

my aunt's sisters son has made literally dollars by this secret method, now you can too !
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Sep 5 2013, 08:24 PM) *
just post me a blank cheque and a post marked envelope and I'll return you a "self help e-book!"

my aunt's sisters son has made literally dollars by this secret method, now you can too !

Hahaha! the "aunt's sisters son" thing made me stop and think for awhile smile.gif

Where do I send the "cheque"? I totally won't use the address for nefarious means, promise!
Mach_Ten
okay some shit happened

Nova wiggled her magic fingers and forgot how to work her rifle "DOH!"

Good guys had a brain fart and looked into the sharp end of a barrel, did not want!

Longshot reversed into two poor innocent bystanders, glancing blows as they dive for the floor and prepare to return fire.

Crispy bounces the truck off the second boat, nearly killing a former Volounteer Charity worker for Doctors without Borders
and wrecking the door mechanism on the new boat.
Also causing some rattling and screaching from the trailer of the rig.!! "what the frag is THAT?"

The spirit uses it's concealment power on Nova and is set to guard the team (I'd love to know how a materialised TREE can conceal anything in this un-natural environment, but but for the time being will overlook it as the guys are ill-equipped to deal with a spirit so will not take it head on.

we move back around to the top of the 9th.

lets GO ! biggrin.gif

INITIATIVE ORDER - 2nd pass

Nova's Initiative -> 15 + 4 hits => 19 (4 IP)

Runner team init = 14 (2 passes)

Longshot 10d6.hits(5)=3 13 int. (3 passes)

Init for Crispy: 9 + 3 = 12, (2 passes)

Spirit's Initiative -> 12 + 5 hits => 17 (2 IP)
Thanee
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Sep 5 2013, 02:41 PM) *
(I'd love to know how a materialised TREE can conceal anything in this un-natural environment, ...

Well... magic? wink.gif

I really don't have a more logical explanation. biggrin.gif

Bye
Thanee
Thanee
Well, then... let's try that again (hopefully not in the same way).

This time without the called shot, though.

1st Simple Action: Shooting the guy again! -> 4 hits (damage is 9P -4 AP)

Bye
Thanee
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Thanee @ Sep 5 2013, 11:35 PM) *
Well, then... let's try that again (hopefully not in the same way).

This time without the called shot, though.

1st Simple Action: Shooting the guy again! -> 4 hits (damage is 9P -4 AP)

Let crispy know to not bother scraping that guy off the truck... call him a hood ornament.

You'll have to move around your own hummer to be able to see the mess that is the other guy.

I'm ready to admit this did NOT go according to plan.

Now; where did my guys put that flamer... oh yeah. smile.gif
Thanee
So, is any "good guy" still around for my second Simple Action (the one who was sneaking up on the hummer, maybe)? smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Thanee @ Sep 6 2013, 08:58 AM) *
So, is any "good guy" still around for my second Simple Action (the one who was sneaking up on the hummer, maybe)? smile.gif

yes, he's not hiding ... too busy trying to get the bullets out of his face smile.gif

but you would need to move around the vehicle or stand up from cover to see him,

thus leaving you open for retalliation and negating your concealment.

also, call me confused, but, isn't there some sort of modifier for trying to swing a sniper rifle around in close quarters ?

the scope alone is set to long range so close targets should prove difficult to hit ... if there's nothing it's no prob, but we seem to be bordering on the bounds of reality here

full hydraulic combat armour that doesn't impede stealth or movement
mystic spirits that don't draw attention when manifested in broad daylight
and now sniper rifles that are accurate from the hip

biggrin.gif
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Sep 5 2013, 08:41 PM) *
Crispy bounces the truck off the second boat, nearly killing a former Volounteer Charity worker for Doctors without Borders
YAY! (and rotfl.gif when I first read this)

QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Sep 5 2013, 08:41 PM) *
and wrecking the door mechanism on the new boat.
boooo frown.gif

QUOTE (Thanee @ Sep 6 2013, 03:58 PM) *
Hey save some for Crispy!

QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Sep 6 2013, 05:39 PM) *
full hydraulic combat armour that doesn't impede stealth or movement
SR4 glosses over a lot of things like that. Most of it isn't that bad (I'm not that into guns having umpteen fiddly stats), but I wish SR4 had more/better encumbrance and armor rules than currently. SR5 actually got worse in that area, imo.
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Sep 6 2013, 01:37 PM) *
SR4 glosses over a lot of things like that. Most of it I don't mind (I'm not that into guns having umpteen fiddly stats), but I wish SR4 had more/better encumbrance and armor rules than currently. SR5 actually got worse in that area, imo.

as long as I'm not missing something .. cause .. Magic or cause technology .. that's cool.

on with the show ! biggrin.gif
phlapjack77
If only. Crispy is one slow mofo compared to apparently everybody in this little boating adventure...
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Sep 6 2013, 01:52 PM) *
If only. Crispy is one slow mofo compared to apparently everybody in this little boating adventure...

it's not how Fast you do it .. it's how well you do it in the limited time biggrin.gif
Mach_Ten
So, the really nice guys are up

1) runs for cover after Nova shoots at him (or not, still waiting)
He spends the remainder of his turn hiding and reloading his SMG

2) is street pizza

3) gets up off the floor as a simple action and sprints for cover to the left side of the old boat

3) gets up off the floor as a simple action and sprints for cover to the right side of the old boat

Perception check from Longshot please, it is auditory and -3 for being in a vehicle

Crispy , visual perception as you exit the truck please !!
Thanee
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Sep 6 2013, 11:39 AM) *

He is not invisible, just hard to see while concealed (-6 to Perception; Nova would have no trouble seeing the spirit wink.gif).

Nothing that I know of, but you are always free to put some modifiers down, if you feel it is reasonable. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Thanee
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Sep 6 2013, 05:44 PM) *
1) runs for cover after Nova shoots at him (or not, still waiting)

Ok, let's see... -2 modifier for additional target during the same action phase (so, at least something, though not specific to sniper rifles)

2nd Simple Action: Shooting the other guy -> 5 hits (damage is 9P -4 AP)

Bye
Thanee
Raiden
after scattering the blokes longshot will zoom across to the new boat, if possible.
8d6.hits(5)=2 - perception
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Thanee @ Sep 6 2013, 07:50 PM) *
Ok, let's see... -2 modifier for additional target during the same action phase (so, at least something, though not specific to sniper rifles)

2nd Simple Action: Shooting the other guy -> 5 hits (damage is 9P -4 AP)

okay so you are moving out of cover to get the shot .. cool
REA test vs. Nova (5d6.hits(5)=1)
crap
DAMAGE RESIST test vs. Nova (11d6.hits(5)=1)
actually forgot some modifiers, not sure if possible to glitch a damage roll ?
nevermind, vs 14P you pump him full of depleted uranium lead and he goes down like a sack of shehova!
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Raiden @ Sep 6 2013, 10:15 PM) *
after scattering the blokes longshot will zoom across to the new boat, if possible.
8d6.hits(5)=2 - perception

for your IC, you reverse and send them flying, swap gears and floor it towards the bridge where the truck is blocking the way,

there's an annoying sound behind you in the hummer .... a rapid beeping sound ... it should be familiar to you ... and then "oh yeah, I remember that sound, it's a timer on a ...... Gren.... oh crap .... mommy frown.gif !"

make a damage resist test for the hummer and for yourself, you get the benefit of the vehicle armour added to your own

the hummer is
BODY 12
ARMOUR 8

resist HE Grenade
10P
AP -2

Raiden
I sense my character is not going to last long hahaa.
Raiden
btw, did I gain a point of edge back for the crit. success pilot ground craft? nyahnyah.gif
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Sep 6 2013, 11:44 PM) *
Crispy , visual perception as you exit the truck please !!

Visual perception: 2 hits
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Raiden @ Sep 6 2013, 11:50 PM) *
btw, did I gain a point of edge back for the crit. success pilot ground craft? nyahnyah.gif

why the hell not, you're gonna be spending it like crazy soon anyways .. one more point ain't gonna hurt smile.gif
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Sep 7 2013, 12:44 AM) *
Visual perception: 2 hits

you have a sudden urge to get back in the truck and drive until you can close the doors of the new boat,

THEN call in the orbital strike on the old boat !

there's movement on the upper decks !!
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Sep 7 2013, 07:58 AM) *
you have a sudden urge to get back in the truck and drive until you can close the doors of the new boat,

THEN call in the orbital strike on the old boat !

there's movement on the upper decks !!

Oh boy. I just had a really, really bad thought. Crispy brought the truck over containing the "queen"....meaning any remaining spiders will probably flock to this new boat. Crap!!!

Did the rig not clear the doors of the new boat fully? If not, that's exactly what he'll do - get back in the truck and drive'er further in until he's well inside...biggrin.gif
Thanee
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Sep 7 2013, 12:08 AM) *
okay so you are moving out of cover to get the shot .. cool

Yep.

Bye
Thanee
Raiden
27d6.hits(5)=8 with added armor and goodies my full damage res. test for the explosive.
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Raiden @ Sep 7 2013, 04:01 AM) *
27d6.hits(5)=8 with added armor and goodies my full damage res. test for the explosive.

Ok, 2P taken as the explosion rocks the hummer off its back axle.

Looking left and right, you see guys levelling weapons at you
The hummer takes 7 damage from its 12 body and the engine cuts out.

Spend time jiggling the key? Or run for your life?

Choices choices smile.gif
phlapjack77
"Drake we are leaving!"
Raiden
suddenly longshot becomes a graceful gymnast and makes a break across the rest of the board walk on full defense, (yay gymnastics) cartwheeling and flipping like a pro. if I need any tests let me know.
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Raiden @ Sep 7 2013, 04:34 PM) *
suddenly longshot becomes a graceful gymnast and makes a break across the rest of the board walk on full defense, (yay gymnastics) cartwheeling and flipping like a pro. if I need any tests let me know.

okay, show me the money !

Simple action to get out of the vehicle, simple action for sprinting between cover (Roll Sprint for me chum)
the bad guys have done what they need to do, you have about 30 meters to get to the bridge, BUT, that would end your movement out in the open

I leave the choice of destination to you, there's plenty of cover to be had that's on the way .. or make a dash for it and wind up on the bridge.

Crispy is up,

lets say you almost get out the vehicle and then see a swarm over head, and Shotty running at you in your rear views.
you can swing back into the cab as a free and continue the truck movement into the hold, leaving your actions remaining without another drive test.
-----------------------
followed by those with 3 or more IP's

Longshot and Nova, from your positions you can see the last two guys, but they have taken full cover in or behind broken vehicles, they'll get some hefty armour bonus, but you think you can still find a target

Longshot, less so, as you are moving at full speed so modifiers to your shots for movement.
Thanee
Well, it's worth a try...

IP3: Aim (+1 DP), Call Shot (-4 DP; +4 DV), Fire on RGG (remaining good guy) #1 -> 4 hits (damage is 13P -4 AP)

IP4: Aim (+1 DP), Call Shot (-4 DP; +4 DV), Fire on RGG (remaining good guy) #2 -> 5 hits (damage is 13P -4 AP)

Well, apparantly I can roll good, too! biggrin.gif

Bye
Thanee
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Thanee @ Sep 7 2013, 07:28 PM) *
Well, it's worth a try...

IP3: Aim (+1 DP), Call Shot (-4 DP; +4 DV), Fire on RGG (remaining good guy) #1 -> 4 hits (damage is 13P -4 AP)

IP4: Aim (+1 DP), Call Shot (-4 DP; +4 DV), Fire on RGG (remaining good guy) #2 -> 5 hits (damage is 13P -4 AP)

Bye
Thanee

GGGHD = good guys getting heads down! (4d6.hits(5)=2, 4d6.hits(5)=3)

Armour + bod 15 Vehicle armour 8 (23d6.hits(5)=6, 23d6.hits(5)=cool.gif
Forgot AP -4

So BOOM! Headshot on fricken both of them .. 9P !! On top of the vehicle damage

I hate snipers frown.gif

phlapjack77
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Sep 8 2013, 12:36 AM) *
Crispy is up,

lets say you almost get out the vehicle and then see a swarm over head, and Shotty running at you in your rear views.
you can swing back into the cab as a free and continue the truck movement into the hold, leaving your actions remaining without another drive test.
Sounds good. So Crispy's got the truck fully parked well inside the hold. He's hearing the shooting going on and he'll be ready to exit the truck and help out next time he gets a chance to act.

QUOTE (Thanee @ Sep 8 2013, 02:28 AM) *

Ouch! That was probably a disabled volunteer firefighter for #1, and a kitten & puppy veterinarian for #2!
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Sep 7 2013, 11:51 PM) *
Sounds good. So Crispy's got the truck fully parked well inside the hold. He's hearing the shooting going on and he'll be ready to exit the truck and help out next time he gets a chance to act.

Ouch! That was probably a disabled volunteer firefighter for #1, and a kitten & puppy veterinarian for #2!

Have i accidentally put my plot document on dropbox? .. Or are you reading my mind
Thanee
Good, good. I was a little worried, that these guys were actually really nice. But now that we know of their wretched nature, we can rest peacefully. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Mach_Ten
okay so they lasted all of one combat round .. I need better good guys !

notes for your ic.gif

Franco has dragged Drago off somewhere, it wasn't a concern until the combat started but now it's concerning.

the spiders are launching gooey strands between the ships, like arachnid pirates preparing to board
Longshot you notice this at the end of your movement when you hit the bridge.

the boats are swaying around thanks to the mass of the truck being thrown about, you're gonna need to be very gymnastic in order to make the crossing without slipping into the inky black abyss that is the sea

Crispy you already saw this before getting the truck to move.

this boat is exactly the same layout as the other, but the lights are on DIM, so there's plenty of shadows and corners for hiding in

there's the other truck parked in here, under a tarpaulin

the only other vehicles are the stolen truck AND your hummer

there's probably other stuff to mention, but on first glance this about covers it.

also the radios have gone silent !
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Sep 8 2013, 05:54 PM) *
Have i accidentally put my plot document on dropbox? .. Or are you reading my mind

vegm.gif

QUOTE (Thanee @ Sep 8 2013, 06:13 PM) *
Good, good. I was a little worried, that these guys were actually really nice. But now that we know of their wretched nature, we can rest peacefully. smile.gif

Hehehe - exactly what I was thinking! smile.gif Relevant quote. (god am I just quoting movies all the time now? frown.gif)

QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Sep 8 2013, 07:27 PM) *
the spiders are launching gooey strands between the ships, like arachnid pirates preparing to board

Burn it!
Thanee
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Sep 9 2013, 05:37 AM) *
Burn it!

I think there is a flamethrower somewhere... wink.gif

Bye
Thanee
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Thanee @ Sep 9 2013, 07:20 AM) *
I think there is a flamethrower somewhere... wink.gif

oooh well spotted, and I know what you're thinking
You're thinking you could make a mad run for the flamer, on a sinking ship, in the dark, as a deluge of alien arachnids avalanches onto you ...
But being this is a top 20 Global GM , the most powerful GM in the world
and will blow you head clean off, you've gotta ask yourself a question:
"Do I feel lucky?"

Well, do ya, punk? biggrin.gif
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Sep 9 2013, 04:37 AM) *
(god am I just quoting movies all the time now? frown.gif)

YES, yes we are ! smile.gif
Thanee
The flamethrower is for Crispy, I don't need one...

Bye
Thanee
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Sep 9 2013, 08:43 PM) *
oooh well spotted, and I know what you're thinking
You're thinking you could make a mad run for the flamer, on a sinking ship, in the dark, as a deluge of alien arachnids avalanches onto you ...
But being this is a top 20 Global GM , the most powerful GM in the world
and will blow you head clean off, you've gotta ask yourself a question:
"Do I feel lucky?"

Well, do ya, punk? biggrin.gif
smile.gif

QUOTE (Thanee @ Sep 9 2013, 08:51 PM) *
The flamethrower is for Crispy, I don't need one...
Blasphemy! EVERYONE needs a flamethrower!
Mach_Ten
the spiders don't seem to be descending at this time.

we have enough of a break to add some ic.gif and do some planning,

I'll sit back and relax while the paranoia sets in and you do the work smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012