Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [OOC] Hijacked - LowInt ops
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Thanee @ Oct 19 2013, 06:58 AM) *
Oh, good that you remind me, since I totally missed this post here:

Is that damage from fire? i.e. does Fire Resistance help?

Reaction +9 (-3) -> 3 hits

Damage Resistance 10P -3 hits = 7P -> 5-6 hits (5 w/o and 6 with Fire Resistance)

So, either 1 or 2 boxes of damage for Nova.

Bye
Thanee

Its mostly explosive blast vs impact. But there is a fire aspect to it so i'll allow the last 2 boxes to be negated.

The desired outcome was an open door, you now have an open door smile.gif and some collateral damage!

I'm waiting for Crispy to roll his own dice
as i tried three times and apparently the dice gods are still getting dressed and looking for a key to the handcuffs after Thanee finished with them! wink.gif

Mach_Ten
QUOTE (LordArcana @ Oct 19 2013, 12:53 AM) *
Ok i am going to take the liberty to say the explosion has damaged any of the main lighting in this area with possible back up lighting kicking in if available. With this in mind i'm going to keep low-light vision going and take the "light smoke" modifier -1.

Simple Action: Narrow Burst Automatics(5) + Agility(9) + Specialization(2) + Smartlink(2) - Smoke(1) = 17DP (17d6.hits(5)=5)

Resist 12P(minus opposed roll) [-2AP] +2DV from the burst. [Probably should have just said Resist 14P (-2AP)]

If he drops i will use the rest of the IP to move. If he doesn't drop i will shoot again.

Smoke and debris in the air, check
Flickering lights, check
One dead bad guy with automatic weapon and chitinous armour, check

You think you spotted another guy in the room behind him before the blast but, cannot get a good angle to where he is.

Movement is separate to simple actions, but imposes a modifier on actions during movement.
You can still move and fire on a new target at -4 2 for new target 2 for movement
Also 2 or 4 more if you are taking partial or full cover.

PASS 2 BEGIN

FIRE SPIRIT, having received no orders goes on a flaming rampage in the hold, a vendetta against all things spidery.

SPIDER QUEEN does stuff outside... Nothing to worry about, carry on,

Nova is back up

LordArcana
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Oct 19 2013, 04:56 AM) *
Smoke and debris in the air, check
Flickering lights, check
One dead bad guy with automatic weapon and chitinous armour, check

You think you spotted another guy in the room behind him before the blast but, cannot get a good angle to where he is.

Movement is separate to simple actions, but imposes a modifier on actions during movement.
You can still move and fire on a new target at -4 2 for new target 2 for movement
Also 2 or 4 more if you are taking partial or full cover.

IC for this is posted.

EDIT: I can't wait to see what this bad ass fire spirit can do. Feel free to kill the spider queen and take all the credit, i'm sure we wont complain (minor real life arachnophobia here)
Thanee
Nova orders the Fire Spirit to destroy all the nearby spiders and spider eggs (not going too far from her).

Herself, she will stay on the stairs for now, watching over the scene, in case mama spider decides to reappear.

Bye
Thanee
LordArcana
OMG the withdrawals smile.gif
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (LordArcana @ Oct 19 2013, 06:55 PM) *
OMG the withdrawals smile.gif

Yeah I know, checking the board every hour ... hands shaking, palms sweaty ... "must ...have.... Game..... time!"

I don't want to get too far ahead without my main man Crispy,

So, once you finish off the last guy hiding in the other room I'm going to drop us out of combat for a day or so,

considering most folks are dead anyways, and Her Ladyship is busy outside the ship for now.

Take a few moments to talk amongst yourselves and IC up what you want/need etc.

we can continue after once the Spider Queen makes her presence felt once again smile.gif
LordArcana
Do you want me to keep going despite an existing initiative order? I was planning on moving over to crispy assuming he would be somewhat injured in the explosion.
(Meta-OOC)- i couldn't recall if crispy was wearing heavy armor or not. I know he couldn't have been wearing anything to super heavy since he was wearing a lawmans uniform back on the dock so i assumed after that explosion he would at least be scorched a bit and after taking down the first target and clearing the hall... Murphy would check to see if he needs medical attention.

If Crispy is not too badly injured, like a kidney hanging out. Murphy would help crispy to a secure corner and would sweep and secure the rest of the floor.

EDIT: Ok how about this... Murphy moves over to Crispy to give him a quick once over making sure he is not missing any limbs or the such. From there it looks like he would be able to see through the door to the trid room towards the starboard side of the ship. Believing there might be another hijacker in there he lobs off a flashbang minigrenade aiming for the very far side of the room opposite of him. (Assuming that is more than 5 meters across... laser distance finder to be sure). Once the grenade goes off he moves into the room and takes a short narrow burst at any armed / armored individuals. Murphy has flare comp and sound damper in preparation of the grenade explosion.
LordArcana
BTW, i was reading over the other Low Intensity topics including the Bogota game.... that was just starting to get good! That was a horrible time to have the thread die frown.gif

Is Hijacked supposed to come before that or after? I thought i read somewhere that you wanted to keep Low Intensity going but were going to do it prior in the time line. Not that it really matters i guess. I love it nyahnyah.gif
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (LordArcana @ Oct 20 2013, 03:02 AM) *
BTW, i was reading over the other Low Intensity topics including the Bogota game.... that was just starting to get good! That was a horrible time to have the thread die frown.gif

Is Hijacked supposed to come before that or after? I thought i read somewhere that you wanted to keep Low Intensity going but were going to do it prior in the time line. Not that it really matters i guess. I love it nyahnyah.gif

This is prior,

Dak had us run through some intensive teamwork training once we had been recruited,
this is the recruitment process!

And then we'll be going bogota. ... Hell, Dak may even come back and i'll get to play hammerson again! Yay
--------------------

Lets say Crispy is not too badly damaged but has been knocked out briefly and you drag him out of the line of fire, leaving him in the recovery position.

The other guy is now dead, well done.

Intro time
LordArcana
ok while waiting for the rest of the team to respond...

what is the status with the ships location. How far off from where we were supposed to dock are we? given the condition of the boat (not factoring in the crazy spider thing) i would like to start doing some navigation perhaps data search to see if i can come with a place to 'beach' the boat if we can't make it back to the dock.
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (LordArcana @ Oct 20 2013, 11:27 AM) *
ok while waiting for the rest of the team to respond...

what is the status with the ships location. How far off from where we were supposed to dock are we? given the condition of the boat (not factoring in the crazy spider thing) i would like to start doing some navigation perhaps data search to see if i can come with a place to 'beach' the boat if we can't make it back to the dock.

involves getting up to the bridge, assessing the situation and using whatever equipment survived the blast.. also

so far there has been about three words spoken, I'm looking for more interaction in team before we start rocking smile.gif

you still recall a massive fire spirit in the hold, a possible team mate down there, and one here in recovery.. although I agree that getting the ship under control as per our PM would be a priority,

if you want to IC getting up the non-existant stairs to the bridge and discovering the carnage as well as a barely alive captain. please go ahead

I'll ask for some rolls depending on your actions

Thanee, how is Nova reacting to a new person that suddenly has access to Zerg secure comms and appears to actually be on board ?
LordArcana
Can you describe the stairs a little? I remember the fire spirit and am torn between considering the water in the hold "killed" it and it's not doing anything harmful considering the ship is not on fire other than the explosion. From where crispy is located I figure propping him up in the forward corner would be most secure. From there should be able to see that closest stairwell. You said the stairs are all destroyed but that is the stairwell up to the bridge? Where the explosion blew the stairs out is it an opening to the vehicle hold? Can I see nova from there?

LordArcana
I think i scared everyone away frown.gif
Thanee
Nah, was away the whole day and won't have much time now either... back tomorrow. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
LordArcana
QUOTE (Thanee @ Oct 20 2013, 03:42 PM) *
Nah, was away the whole day and won't have much time now either... back tomorrow. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee

Just playing with you Thanee. The game i am in over at Shadowrun Online has been quiet since Thursday... i was beginning to take it personal over there though smile.gif
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (LordArcana @ Oct 20 2013, 01:10 PM) *
Can you describe the stairs a little? I remember the fire spirit and am torn between considering the water in the hold "killed" it and it's not doing anything harmful considering the ship is not on fire other than the explosion. From where crispy is located I figure propping him up in the forward corner would be most secure. From there should be able to see that closest stairwell. You said the stairs are all destroyed but that is the stairwell up to the bridge? Where the explosion blew the stairs out is it an opening to the vehicle hold? Can I see nova from there?

So, imagine this but the back wall is the outer hull
And then theres an inner wall on this side, or there was, as the blast has blown it out.

Also the stairs themselves are destroyed on this level going up to the bridge, where the door is off its hinges.

The ones going down to the hold are intact and that is where Nova is.

I dont know if you saw her, up to you guys to discuss.

Does that help ?
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (LordArcana @ Oct 20 2013, 07:35 PM) *
I think i scared everyone away frown.gif

We dont always post this prolificly, somedays we need a break to get our creative juices flowing.

Don't get disheartened if it goes quiet for a day or so, this crew seems to be in it for the long haul. wink.gif

despite my best efforts to get Crispy onto tea and scones eek.gif
LordArcana
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Oct 20 2013, 05:22 PM) *
We dont always post this prolificly, somedays we need a break to get our creative juices flowing.

Don't get disheartened if it goes quiet for a day or so, this crew seems to be in it for the long haul. wink.gif

despite my best efforts to get Crispy onto tea and scones eek.gif

LOL... no i was just playing. a couple days is no big deal. You are right everyone needs a break from time to time even if its just for a little recharge.
NeVeRLiFt
Jake Cutter reporting for duty!
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (NeVeRLiFt @ Oct 21 2013, 05:09 AM) *
Jake Cutter reporting for duty!

Application received

pending background and security check. We will get back to you in due course.

Thanks for your interest in ZERMAX GROUP.

NeVeRLiFt
I was going to play my Rigger... but after reading your private message I feel that my crazy and very funny dwarf mercenary would be a perfect for this group maybe.

His name is Pablo Emilio Rodriguez, his alias is Dirty Sanchez.

If you would rather have the human rigger just let me know, otherwise I will play the dwarf merc
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (NeVeRLiFt @ Oct 21 2013, 08:21 AM) *
I was going to play my Rigger... but after reading your private message I feel that my crazy and very funny dwarf mercenary would be a perfect for this group maybe.

His name is Pablo Emilio Rodriguez, his alias is Dirty Sanchez.

If you would rather have the human rigger just let me know, otherwise I will play the dwarf merc

You had me at "crazy". smile.gif
Thanee
Haha! Welcome! smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Thanee @ Oct 21 2013, 11:15 AM) *
Haha! Welcome! smile.gif

WELCOME INDEED

Possibly some of my finest work in wrangling the plot to fit the situation biggrin.gif enjoy

Nova, no need for perception, there's an explosion down in the hold,

your spirit friend is all like " It wasn't Me !"

Thanee
Ah, well... one explosion more or less doesn't hurt, right? biggrin.gif

Bye
Thanee
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Thanee @ Oct 21 2013, 02:21 PM) *
Ah, well... one explosion more or less doesn't hurt, right? biggrin.gif

I can arrange soem more .. if you like embarrassed.gif

I should add, everyone heard the explosion down in the hold, Nova is just closest as She is on the stairs down
LordArcana
Is it fair to assume crispy and i heard the explosion too?
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (LordArcana @ Oct 21 2013, 02:52 PM) *
Is it fair to assume crispy and i heard the explosion too?

read my mind, just did a ninja edit biggrin.gif

yes, you did
LordArcana
I just put up an IC. I assume i am going to need a perception test to notice Nova in the stairwell... with her "damn ruthenium polymers" smile.gif

Perception to spot Nova: Perception(4) + Ability(4) + Enhancement(1) - Conditions(1) - Ruthenium Polymers(4) = 4DP
Perception(4) + Ability(4) + Enhancement(1) - Conditions(1) - Ruthenium Polymers(4) = 4DP (4d6.hits(5)=1)

It dawned on me after making the post that given the presence of active fire, low-light vision might not be necessary on the vehicle hold deck, but the conditions of smoke i still put in there just in case.

EDIT: QUICK edit to the IC post as murphy gets to the stairs. It only seems to make sense rather than to walk down into possible friendly fire given there were hijackers upstairs with Crispy and me.
Thanee
Question: Is Nova aware, that the Jammer is down?

Bye
Thanee
Thanee
Ah, looks like that question has just answered itself...

Next question: Do we know Murphy (and/or Dirty Sanchez) already?

Bye
Thanee
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (LordArcana @ Oct 21 2013, 03:58 PM) *
I just put up an IC. I assume i am going to need a perception test to notice Nova in the stairwell... with her "damn ruthenium polymers" smile.gif

Perception to spot Nova: Perception(4) + Ability(4) + Enhancement(1) - Conditions(1) - Ruthenium Polymers(4) = 4DP
Perception(4) + Ability(4) + Enhancement(1) - Conditions(1) - Ruthenium Polymers(4) = 4DP (4d6.hits(5)=1)

It dawned on me after making the post that given the presence of active fire, low-light vision might not be necessary on the vehicle hold deck, but the conditions of smoke i still put in there just in case.

it's fine, yep you can spot her 10 feet away.

Ruthenium is NOT invisibility. if someone is in direct line of sight in a narrow corridor with nothing else going on, it's not worth a thing, until she does cast invis again... Grrr. Mages !! biggrin.gif

so according to your AR deck plan... down the stairs to about 3/4 of the way to the stern

then you take a left and the explosion happened at the bow about 15 metres or so.

although the fire spirit ... doin' it's thang! ... will probably be a bit distracting. smile.gif

Thus, you don't get enough successes there to spot the *************************** .. nothing to see here eek.gif

I'm autopiloting Crispy up to the Bridge, where he will attempt to look after the Captain and try and at least halt the ships movement

PhlapJack, if you are about, either take back control or message me mate, I don't wanna do something you'd not do yourself smile.gif
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Thanee @ Oct 21 2013, 04:13 PM) *
Question: Is Nova aware, that the Jammer is down?

yup, you get comms from Murphy as he is on board
QUOTE (Thanee @ Oct 21 2013, 04:16 PM) *
Ah, looks like that question has just answered itself...

oh,, yeah... smile.gif
QUOTE (Thanee @ Oct 21 2013, 04:16 PM) *
Next question: Do we know Murphy (and/or Dirty Sanchez) already?

Neither, although Murphy has identified himself over secure comms and sounds to be legit,
Sanchez has not as yet had time to breathe, so may need a more personal touch..

but Murphy will recognise him as one of the crew members who just deposited him on board.

Now, whether you take them at their word is entirely up to your paranoid self ... feel free to shoot first, ask questions ..maybe smile.gif

LordArcana
ROFL
Mach_Ten
@Sanchez

you are currently laying in the water, this all feels kinda surreal I guess smile.gif
almost nightmarish.

you are in 5 feet of water, but the lifejacket will help,

a perception sheck to locate any nearby gear or weaponry followed by some sort of swimming test. away from my books so athletics should cover it if there's nothing else.

and you are free to rock and roll Sir,

You have access to working comms secured to ZERG, but none of the comm codes for the guys on the ship as yet.

anything else please feel free to ask here, we are all friends... so far ... or PM me if you like

have fun, or die trying
LordArcana
Sorry about the delay Mach. For some reason it didn't submit the dirt time I sent it.
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (LordArcana @ Oct 21 2013, 06:21 PM) *
Sorry about the delay Mach. For some reason it didn't submit the dirt time I sent it.

Worth the wait ! Nice post.. very nice indeed.
Thanee
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Oct 21 2013, 05:35 PM) *
Neither, although Murphy has identified himself over secure comms and sounds to be legit,
Now, whether you take them at their word is entirely up to your paranoid self ... feel free to shoot first, ask questions ..maybe smile.gif

Well, considering he knows our comm frequence and our callsigns... I guess we can assume, that he is coming from our team, then. smile.gif

And he does not look like a spider, so that helps, too. biggrin.gif

Bye
Thanee
Mach_Ten
okay, I'm all ic.gif 'd out smile.gif

Lets have INITIATIVE smile.gif YAAAY

I'm on 15 (3 IP)
LordArcana
doing one quick IC then I'll do Initiative if thats ok. Its mainly followup to Nova's comments

EDIT: Damn, i didn't see those last two IC posts by you Mach until after i posted mine.... "I don't speak spider" made me laugh.

Initiative: Initiative (10d6.hits(5)=2) = 12 (3 IP)
Thanee
Nova's Initiative: 15 + 4 hits = 19 (4 IP)
Spirit's Initiative: 19 + 7 hits = 26 (2 IP)

Bye
Thanee
NeVeRLiFt
I put Dirty Sanchez in the Dropbox, I'm now going to try and read through the "In Character" thread and get my bearings and caught up to what is going on.
Before I post anything I will let you message me back to make sure everything is good to go.

If you guys ever want to Skype or use something like Roll20 virtual table top, I would be up for it.
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (NeVeRLiFt @ Oct 22 2013, 03:06 AM) *
I put Dirty Sanchez in the Dropbox

Got it, looks absolutely fine,
I'm now going to try and read through the "In Character" thread and get my bearings and caught up to what is going on.

yeah, umm, there's abeen a LOT suddenly happen this week.. which is GREAT...
but damn, things have gone crazy, so apologies for the short notice and sudden insertion.

I'll try and get round to posting an overview, but to be honest the first few pages and the last few should give you some details
Before I post anything I will let you message me back to make sure everything is good to go.

Rock and Roll Brutha !
Mach_Ten
MISSION UPDATE

Tuesday
ZERMAX Hire a team of Runners to complete a job on Vashon Island, with Zero collateral from ZERG.

Thursday
Runners, plan and begin the assault via "acquired" VTOL
the craft is last seen entering Vashon aerospace before going "Dark" and a mayday signal is sent.

Friday
ZERMAX organise a recruitment event to coincide with the rescue operations and clean up
Camp Duwamish is Commandeered by ZERG Rapid Response Teams (ZRT)
Multi-purpose vehicles and equipment is brought in by air and stored in the hangar
Sanchez, is based here with his pilot, Speedy

Saturday
Recruits turn up on site and are inserted at various points on the island
tasked with securing approaches to the Vashon Island Facility,
for infiltration by Estevez and his cleanup crew

Sunday
..where it all goes horribly wrong
phlapjack77
Ok I'm back - thanks for the autopilot Mach, I think you captured the true....flavor...of Crispy smile.gif

Gods, so much went on the past few days in this game! Gonna be awhile to catch up.

Anywho, welcome NeverLift! I had a character who went by Dirty Sanchez a long time ago...glad to see the tradition is still being carried on smile.gif
Mach_Ten
BOW DOWN BEFORE MY MIGHTY PAINT SKEELZ !

One thing I couldn't do was add 5 feet of water on the floor .. you'll just have to imagine it !!

Have updated the initial post and added a Karma Summary in post #2
NeVeRLiFt
He's my initiative roll.
Sanchez's Initiative: 12 + 3 hits = 15 (3 IP)

I'll post IC today sometime, just going to finish up reading the posts first.

Just want to say it's a pleasure and honor to do this! Thank you for letting me join, I'm not going to lie I feel a little overwhelmed as it's been a while since I did a good play by post.
I'm really loving what I'm seeing so far!

edit: If I did that wrong with the Initiative please let me know.
LordArcana
I am no longer afraid of the big bad spider for two main reasons.... the first being with all of our firepower she will most likely be dead before my initiative anyway, but secondly if things do turn sour... i don't have to be the fastest runner... just faster than the slowest... Mr. stumpy legs smile.gif
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (NeVeRLiFt @ Oct 22 2013, 04:32 PM) *
He's my initiative roll.
Sanchez's Initiative: 12 + 3 hits = 15 (3 IP)
edit: If I did that wrong with the Initiative please let me know.

That's perfect thanks smile.gif
QUOTE (NeVeRLiFt @ Oct 22 2013, 04:32 PM) *
Just want to say it's a pleasure and honor to do this! Thank you for letting me join, I'm not going to lie I feel a little overwhelmed as it's been a while since I did a good play by post.
I'm really loving what I'm seeing so far!

I'm really surprised by the amount of positive feedback "WE" have been getting, both privately and in public !

especially considering it's mostly been the "Amazing Adventures of the spontaneously exploding - CRISPY!" ™ ©

Kudos to the gang, I've been taking liberal amounts of credit on your behalf,

You're welcome ! biggrin.gif
NeVeRLiFt
I believe I'm in the room with a Spider.... and being that I'm a tall dwarf, 5' 2' 172 lbs. I'm glad I can stand up in this and make my way to higher ground and take cover or shoot at the spider.

Sanchez's Gymnastic 10 1 hits

Sanchez's Perception 10 1 hits

Sanchez's Swimming 7 0 hits
Spent 1 Edge to re roll misses 4 hits

Sanchez's Diving 4 0 hits

edit:
if it would help, I could spend 1 Edge and re roll Gymnastics
or
maybe make a strength check

Sanchez tries to dive under the water but fails and runs into the side of something... so at this rate he attempts to pull himself up out of the water and slips... his perception is shit and he thinks there is a big ass spider in the room!
At this rate he swims or power walks his way through the water to higher ground or anything to get out of the water.
Once this is done he will take cover or attack... depending what is happening.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012