Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Upgraded Character Generator
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Community Projects
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49
cndblank
I'll second that.

Some places to make notes for the regular gear for instance or by the positive and Negative quantities (like what you are addicted to or who you are hunted by).

It would also be nice to have a sheet to enter experience Karma buys on just so you could compare between the original and the experienced version of the character.

Thanks for a great tool!

QUOTE (Cthulhudreams @ Oct 21 2009, 01:13 AM) *
It would be nice to have checkboxes to enable some of the more common house rules (I'm specifically thinking Franktrollman's stuff that was in the orginal .xls

DamienKnight
QUOTE (Cthulhudreams @ Oct 21 2009, 01:13 AM) *
It would be nice to have checkboxes to enable some of the more common house rules (I'm specifically thinking Franktrollman's stuff that was in the orginal .xls

Optional rules (including all of the ones in the original sheet, I have never removed one, though I am tempted) are available under the 'Optional Rules' section of the Main Page (to the right of Karma/BP tallies).

The check boxes do not translate well between the varied Spreadsheet programs due to the macros added by the karma build section. I decided in the interest of Usability for the whole of the audience was more important than a slightly enhanced convenience by some users. A TRUE/FALSE dropdown may take a second longer to click, but that is a time expense I am willing to pay for the sake of the whole.

For awhile I had startup/shutdown macros which hid the checkbox section and unhid the true/false areas, which enabled macro enabled people to see the checkboxes, and those with macros disabled (or with a version incapable of running macros) to see the true/false areas instead. This caused confusion by many, and was not worth the extra maintenance effort.

Now, if you are referring to Optional Rules that simply do not appear on the sheet, then please specifically mention the rule and I will address it.

QUOTE (WhiteReaper @ Oct 21 2009, 03:37 AM) *
for technomancer the custome complex from boxes are protected

This is corrected in the next version. Thanks.

It seems that some issues I have already fixed are being mentioned. This is my fault, as I have taken an inordinately long amount of time to release version 1b.

QUOTE (Dakka Dakka @ Oct 20 2009, 12:39 PM) *
not for all custom guns the CharSheet shows the number of times a cerain setup has been bought.

Good catch. Fixed in 1b.
cndblank
Sweet!

ETA 1B?
Marwynn
It's not a biggie, but would it be possible to buy the ammo in the weapons section? Makes keeping track a whole lot easier.

Great work on this DamienKnight, love it!
WhiteReaper
can you add a simple houserule to activate all metagenetic qualities ? without changeling thing
Dakka Dakka
How about on CharSheet next to the weapons you add boxes/circles/little bullet icons according to magazine size so that you can check off the bullets fired from the magazine? Maybe do this if you decide to do a separate weapons sheet.

The D&D 3.5 sheet had something like this.
WhiteReaper
nah, weapon sheet isn't good idea, cause you reload too often, D&D you just have the 40 arrows or bolts and that's it
DamienKnight
QUOTE (WhiteReaper @ Oct 21 2009, 04:22 PM) *
can you add a simple houserule to activate all metagenetic qualities ? without changeling thing

No. I believe the vast Majority of users follow the book rules. A smaller group interprets the rules differently and believes Metavarients should have access to the metagenetic traits without choosing surge, so I made a house rule for them. If you are completely disregarding the book in regard to the requirements for metagentic traits, then you are a small minority and can use the work around I posted earlier. (select surge I, then after selecting your metagetic traits, remove Surge I).

QUOTE (Dakka Dakka @ Oct 21 2009, 04:46 PM) *
How about on CharSheet next to the weapons you add boxes/circles/little bullet icons according to magazine size so that you can check off the bullets fired from the magazine? Maybe do this if you decide to do a separate weapons sheet.

The D&D 3.5 sheet had something like this.

QUOTE (WhiteReaper @ Oct 22 2009, 03:17 AM) *
nah, weapon sheet isn't good idea, cause you reload too often, D&D you just have the 40 arrows or bolts and that's it

I agree with WhiteReaper that the application of the dots is less useful when firing copious amounts of ammunition as Automatic weapons allow.

However, there may be a useful way of displaying ammo. If anyone knows of any good implementations of this, please point me to them and I will consider it. It seems like maybe one circle per burst or long burst may be useful, but the method needs to work for most weapons.

Either way, I will include the ammo on a printable weapons page eventually. For now, I am going to make ammo purchasable on the Weapons page in a future iteration of the sheet.
cndblank
Any ETA on when SR4CG 1B will be released?

Thanks
brennanhawkwood
IIRC, In augmentation there is an option for a Ruthenium Polymer Coating and Chameleon System that can be added to Dermal Sheathing. I don't see that in the SR4CG_DK_1a.xls version of the spreadsheet. Am I missing them or are they not in there? I see Chameleon Skin and Dynamic Chameleon Skin in the bioware section but I don't think those are the same thing.
bishop186
XP + OO makes me sad. I want to use this wonderful generator but alas.
Dakka Dakka
QUOTE (DamienKnight @ Oct 22 2009, 05:55 PM) *
However, there may be a useful way of displaying ammo. If anyone knows of any good implementations of this, please point me to them and I will consider it. It seems like maybe one circle per burst or long burst may be useful, but the method needs to work for most weapons.
Just keep it simple then. Make a cell were you can manually put in the bullets that are left and next to it the magazine capacity.

I haven't thought of belt-fed weapons, so you may have a point.
DrKwang
QUOTE (bishop186 @ Oct 23 2009, 01:51 AM) *
XP + OO makes me sad. I want to use this wonderful generator but alas.

I've had excellent results with this generator (specifically the "Gencon" edition) using OpenOffice 3.1.1. I was able to open the original Excel file and save it as an ODS file and it's been working fine. The only thing I've had trouble with is printing, but I've started playing off my laptop instead of paper anyway so I haven't really put any effort into getting that to work.
DamienKnight
QUOTE (DrKwang @ Oct 25 2009, 09:43 AM) *
I've had excellent results with this generator (specifically the "Gencon" edition) using OpenOffice 3.1.1. I was able to open the original Excel file and save it as an ODS file and it's been working fine. The only thing I've had trouble with is printing, but I've started playing off my laptop instead of paper anyway so I haven't really put any effort into getting that to work.

Thats a good idea about saving the file as an ODS before using it. I noticed on a thread about another spreadsheet chargen that saving the file as excel 97 compatible while in excel, then opening with OO and saving as ODS has some good results.

About the printing... the radio buttons are present in OO, but they trigger a Visual Basic script. OO cannot run vb scripts, only OOBasic scripts. Your best bet is to select the region of the charsheet and print, then select 'Selection' in the print dialogue.

QUOTE (cndblank @ Oct 22 2009, 01:13 PM) *
Any ETA on when SR4CG 1B will be released?

Not yet. I am still working on the armor outfits portion. I am really excited about the enhancements to the hacking page, inspired by work rob showed me. I also would like to see all of the small fixes released, but I dont want to release it with a half-broken Gear page.

There are always distractions, and currently my biggest one is my Shadowrun group, which is meeting 3 times every 2 weeks, which is GREAT! The benefit is that as I make more use of the sheet, I think of new things to add (like the optional rule from the book that allows purchasing metamagics for 15 karma). The downside is that alot of the freetime I could be spending on the Sheet, I am instead spending on thinking up runs and actually playing.

I have decided though... I will try and stop adding new features and come out with a stable releasable version as soon as possible. Thanks for your interest cndblank.
Cloud
Couple of quick things that I found. Where it lists the spirit types and stats on the print magic section of the CharSheet, Plant spirits come up as #N/A because on the Magic_Data sheet they are listed as 'Plants' rather than 'Plant' in cell Z8 and also Plant, Guidance, and Guardian Spirits have all their stats listed as equal to F.

When I select to buy additional metamagics, it does not subtract the cost from my total on the main page. And if you select PowerPoint for your additional metamagic, it does not add 1PP to the adept powers section.

If you select a spell like [Element] Aura or Shape [Material], you can change Element to Fire and Material to Rubber and it will display correctly on the magic sheet where spells are selected and on the CharSheet where Power/Spells are listed but the Print Magic section sets the all the stats to #N/A

Keep up the good work.
Warlordtheft
QUOTE (Dakka Dakka @ Oct 23 2009, 04:30 AM) *
Just keep it simple then. Make a cell were you can manually put in the bullets that are left and next to it the magazine capacity.

I haven't thought of belt-fed weapons, so you may have a point.

I find it easiest to have the number of bullets in a clip, and the number of clips carried. Loose rounds are recorded in gear.

Some thoughts:
Belts and clips and spead loaders for revolvers:
Ammo readout: # of bullets per clip (use another cell to trak # shot or left), # of Clips, type of ammo.

Magazine and Singleshot, and Revolvers (without spead loaders):
# of bullets, # used, # spare, type of ammo

THougts?
Chrysalis
The character sheet is missing Genetic Optimization.

I am also finding the other part of the sheet incredibly fiddly using categories and drop down lists. I would prefer a nice listing of all the gear from which to choose and not have to play shell games with gear.
Sengir
Another small bug, negative qualities in cell X48 (the third row below "<<negative qualities>>") do not appear on the charsheet. The bonus points are calculated correctly, just the display is wrong
Vittek
Hello Everyone.
Damien, let me start by saying that your work is wonderful and HUGE, you've been putting so much effort in this sheet and it shows.
I'm pretty new to SR and I'm sistematically ignoring everything that is not from the core book, but I dedicated this afternoon to try and recreate the sample characters on your sheet, just to get the hangs of it.
This is what I've seen using it, probaly many or all of these issues are already known and maybe fixed. I'm sorry but I couldn't read the whole thread since the release of version 1a.

- It crashes on my open office (pretty hard not to notice it, anyway I'll try to save it in 97 format as suggested a few posts ago)
- In the weapons tab, there is no way to say that you have two 'copies' of the same weapon, you have to add it two times. Maybe one more column for the number of identical weapons you have would be useful (I was adding 2 survival knives, if you want to know).
- The gear in the Gear tab is divided in categories - pretty nice, so you don't have in infinite list which would be hard to scroll. Still, finding the right category is still a bit difficult for me. A new reference tab with the full list of equipment, so you can search what you need and you can find its category would be pretty simple to do, I think, you already have all the data.
- I can't find shock gloves in the weapons
- the docwagon subscription results as only "gold" on the char sheet. It should say "1x docwagon, gold, year" at least.
- where do you find arrows for your bow?
- I'd suggest an update in how the BP for knowledge skills is shown - you can't find out how many BP you are spending until you break the free points limit. I'd suggest more something like: A - B = C, where A is the BP you would spend if didn't have any free points, B is how many free points you have (currently shown in parentheses) and C is how many BP are you actually spending and is currently shows as "Know./Lang. Points".
- You tend to put quantities in gear categories instead of gear description, let me say this a kind of mistake. For example if I take category "RFID tags per 20", item "security tag", quantity 1. This means 20 tags. But on the sheet you only get "Security tag", with no quantity whatsoever. The same is true for ammo, you get "flechette rounds" "regular ammo" and so on, because the "ammunition per 10" is in the category. Please add a simple ", x10" or ", x20" in the description.
- it could be helpful if everything pertaining to the same topic could be left on the same page, for example, move commlink accessories from Gear to Hacking tabs, and I couldn't find quick-draw holsters, I suppose they are in in the Gear tab somewhere, but it would be useful if you could find them in the mod section of the Weapons tab.
- can't find the gas mask either
- with the maglock passkey, if you put a rating above 1 the rating cell becomes yellow with red text, even if everything is ok. the price calculated is ok while the availability is stuck to 3. the same goes for the keycard copier.
- can't find a place to add skillsoft/linguasoft. Must be somewhere in the Gear tab, but should be placed in the Hacking tab as you need some DNI to use them anyway.

Thank you again, hope some of this helps.
Regards
Marco

EDIT: spelling
Vittek
Hello everyone again, it seems everyone disappeared as soon as I got here smile.gif
Anyway, I was thinking that maybe contextualizing a bit certain stats would be useful for character creation. You could put some stats on the hacking page, for example, without the need to report them back on the char sheet. For example, your System rating is capped by your Response, your Response drops every X programs you have currently active, and another bunch of interrelated stuff I've not yet managed to memorize. Seeing them on the Hacking page would let you be more conscious of your actual capabilities with your commlink.

Something like:
System capped at: X
Program increment: Y (tooltip: divide the number of programs currently running, and round down, to get the malus to your response rating)
and so on.

I suppose the same is true for number of unbound spirits and so on.

Regards
Marco
DamienKnight
QUOTE (Sengir @ Oct 31 2009, 04:21 PM) *
Another small bug, negative qualities in cell X48 (the third row below "<<negative qualities>>") do not appear on the charsheet. The bonus points are calculated correctly, just the display is wrong

Good catch. Fixed in 1b.

QUOTE (Vittek @ Nov 4 2009, 04:17 AM) *
Hello everyone again, it seems everyone disappeared as soon as I got here smile.gif
Anyway, I was thinking that maybe contextualizing a bit certain stats would be useful for character creation. You could put some stats on the hacking page, for example, without the need to report them back on the char sheet. For example, your System rating is capped by your Response, your Response drops every X programs you have currently active, and another bunch of interrelated stuff I've not yet managed to memorize. Seeing them on the Hacking page would let you be more conscious of your actual capabilities with your commlink.

Something like:
System capped at: X
Program increment: Y (tooltip: divide the number of programs currently running, and round down, to get the malus to your response rating)
and so on.

I suppose the same is true for number of unbound spirits and so on.

Regards
Marco

Sorry about the silence. I have been working on the Armor Outfits change. It was a lot more complicated than I first imagined, but its almost done and I think will be worth the effort. I like the idea of adding more details to the pages.
DamienKnight
SR4CG_DK Version 1c is now available.

http://www.mediafire.com/?qnzyezyjloj

- Recoded Astral Sight, Spell Knack and Spirit Knack to work properly
- Infected with Essence Drain no longer have their maximum essence reduced by 1 like other infected
- Various Tweaks on Vehicle page and Vehicle Charsheet
- Tweaks on several weapons and other gear
- Added Armor Outfits, tweaked armor mods

Stack your armor using the new 'Outfits' column on the gear page. Results are displayed on the CharSheet. Any item that is part of an outfit is not displayed individually on the CharSheet, but instead the Outfit name is show, with Total Armor, Encumberance and Mods for the outfit. Adepts can stack Mystic Armor with their outfits too, with support for Elemental resistance.

The outfits portion was a beast to code. I learned alot about Array formulas, and am really excited about the results! Please report any rough edges you find so I can iron them out in the next version. Thanks again for all the community support.

Enjoy!

Edit: I wanted to acknowledge the many excellent ideas suggested in the last few weeks. I focused on just a few things in this version and had to put several off. I am already thinking about the next release, so keep the suggestions coming.
WhiteReaper
some of the technonamcer's echos are should be takeable multiple times: swat twice, accelerations three times, living ECM more often for a +1 each time
the effeckt of advanced overlocking isn't shown/calculated ( 2nd +1 to response and IP in VR)
yokyok
AWESOME

I was really waiting these hacking enhancement. Ill make some comments soon I was working on some improvment like these on a custom version but had still problem to fix. That's really good news (cleaner version than mine).

THANX again for your wondefull work.
WhiteReaper
gear, odds&ends , smart pack has no cost (should be 500)
DamienKnight
QUOTE (WhiteReaper @ Nov 6 2009, 03:09 AM) *
some of the technonamcer's echos are should be takeable multiple times: swat twice, accelerations three times, living ECM more often for a +1 each time
the effeckt of advanced overlocking isn't shown/calculated ( 2nd +1 to response and IP in VR)

I started working on this when Cloud pointed out some huge formatting issues with the Armor on CharSheet. I released version 1c just now (link in my sig). Sorry about that peoples.

On the bright side, I had fixed the problem with Advanced Overclocking after reading this post, so that is fixed in 1c. I will look into the other echo issues for version 1d, which hopefully will not be released anytime soon smile.gif

QUOTE (yokyok @ Nov 6 2009, 03:27 PM) *
AWESOME
I was really waiting these hacking enhancement. Ill make some comments soon I was working on some improvment like these on a custom version but had still problem to fix. That's really good news (cleaner version than mine).
THANX again for your wondefull work.

Always glad to implement suggestions from the community. Thanks for the positive feedback yokyok.

QUOTE (WhiteReaper @ Nov 6 2009, 05:33 PM) *
gear, odds&ends , smart pack has no cost (should be 500)

Updated Gear_Data in the next version. Thanks, its always helpful to have such specific suggestions.
yokyok
OK I read the following after writing it, it's a bit crapy but I'm struggling with my two children and my head we'll soon blow wobble.gif so I won't be able to do better or clearer for now.

I supposed you already planned to had things for these, I'll make some list anyway, these were my thoughts when trying to build my custom version

Software comes from different source, with rule impacts :
* cracked
* legal
* military
* programmed
both military and programed software may be have rating > 6 (=> option number > 3)
legal programs are updated (let's consider military grade as legal programs) others are regularly dwngraded due to deprecated algorithm (=> deprecation should be somehow tracked)
legal programs comes with free copy protection and registration option (=> again option number > 3)
SR4CG_DK_1a_custom_hacking.xls
programs can be infected with virus

Agent may have options

The multiple options and virus means you might want to have multiple version of the same software.
You also might want to have dedicated software for you agents.

Programmes can come as bundles. Bundles mean some programmes can be discounted when bought together
Programmes can come as suites. Suites might be discounted and me must also be well identified in the printable charsheet as all suites programmes are loaded together.

the result of these thoughts were the following sheet it's a bit messy (hope it's readable enought) but I hope it will give ideas to furthermover cover unwired rules.

SR4CG_DK_1a_custom_hacking.xls

(in this sheet the new tabs are HackingU, HackingU_data, the cost are not linked and a charsheet is generated in the charsheet tab)

Vittek
Some more questions:
- How do you specify Autosofts?
- When you deselect Karma Build System, the optional rule for 5 karma per rating for attribute increase disappears. Please see if you can keep this, as it is one of the errata made 'canon' in SR4A.

Thank you again for your wonderful work.
Taral
Minor bug: Bound spirit services in karmagen cost 2 Karma/service. The sheet is using 1 Karma/service.
Dakka Dakka
The new Outfit system does not work as it should. I added FFBA Full Suit, Aces High Jacket and all PPP parts except the helmet. This Ensemble should give 11/9 armor and encumber like 8 armor. The CharSheet displays 10/7[8] in X11. Furthermore the Cells X12 through X15 display armor values of the parts of the ensemble and X16 displays 1/11

If you want to use additional mods on a melee weapon, the CharSheet displays (add mod) instead of the actual mod.

I have a suggestion for the Weapons part of the CharSheet. Maybe you could put the actual penalties for ranges greater than short next to the distances of such ranges instead of into the heading. e.g. 5-15 (-1) With this you could show the reduced penalties if an improved range finder is used. Also according to SR4A the penalties are -1, -3, -6 for medium, long and extreme ranges.
DamienKnight
QUOTE (Vittek @ Nov 7 2009, 11:54 AM) *
Some more questions:
- How do you specify Autosofts?
- When you deselect Karma Build System, the optional rule for 5 karma per rating for attribute increase disappears. Please see if you can keep this, as it is one of the errata made 'canon' in SR4A.

Autosofts are purchased on the Vehicle page, as they are specific to a type of drone.

When not using the Karma Build system, the optional rule for 5 karma per attribute is hidden, but does not disappear. You can simply enable the 5 karma/attribute option, then switch back to the BP system.

Since I added that rule, I have been releasing the sheet with the 5 karma system on as a default, and with the BP system selected. In the latest release I did not follow that routine, but intend to in the future.

It is a good point to separate the 5 karma/attribute rule from the Karma Build System section, as it affects attributes in both Karma Build and BP build systems.

QUOTE (Dakka Dakka)
The new Outfit system does not work as it should. I added FFBA Full Suit, Aces High Jacket and all PPP parts except the helmet. This Ensemble should give 11/9 armor and encumber like 8 armor. The CharSheet displays 10/7[8] in X11. Furthermore the Cells X12 through X15 display armor values of the parts of the ensemble and X16 displays 1/11

There were a few problems with Outfits. The biggest was the stack code I gave to PPP pieces. At the time I did not realize they stacked on top of existing armor. I modified the Outfits to calculate them in like Shields... they add directly to armor and encumberance, and you can have as many PPP/Shields/etc. as you want. Unfortunately, this means someone could accidentally illegally stack 2 of the same piece of PPP gear, but I will depend on GM's and Players to police that.

I will release the fixed version as soon as possible.
Brooks G. Banks
I've made some fixes to the 1c version of the sheet, specifically with Martial Arts not having Tae Kwon Do (and it's relatives) in the Complete_Martial_Arts_Maneuvers_Table, and also on the Vehicle sheet (fixed the conditional formatting for column Q so that it will go from hatched to not hatched if you select a mod that allows for multiple ratings in the same way columns L and G do; added a calculation to add the Turbocharger speed modifications to the listed speed (base/running) based on Turbocharger Rating; fixed the issue with all the tires where an assumption was made that all tires were in lots of 4, instead of being available for motorcycles and unicycles by adding a column to the Complete_Vehicles_Data table for # of tires and changing the calculations from mods to include these calculations in the same way that it calculates ratings based on Body/Speed/etc).

If the developer is interested in getting this version of the sheet from me, just provide me with an email to send it it.

Brooks
DamienKnight
QUOTE (Brooks G. Banks @ Nov 10 2009, 10:36 PM) *
I've made some fixes to the 1c version of the sheet, specifically with Martial Arts not having Tae Kwon Do (and it's relatives) in the Complete_Martial_Arts_Maneuvers_Table, and also on the Vehicle sheet (fixed the conditional formatting for column Q so that it will go from hatched to not hatched if you select a mod that allows for multiple ratings in the same way columns L and G do; added a calculation to add the Turbocharger speed modifications to the listed speed (base/running) based on Turbocharger Rating; fixed the issue with all the tires where an assumption was made that all tires were in lots of 4, instead of being available for motorcycles and unicycles by adding a column to the Complete_Vehicles_Data table for # of tires and changing the calculations from mods to include these calculations in the same way that it calculates ratings based on Body/Speed/etc).

If the developer is interested in getting this version of the sheet from me, just provide me with an email to send it it.

Brooks

Thanks for the awesome suggestions. I have already begun development on version 1d, so I had to manually implement your suggestions. Only thing I did different is with tires. I reduced the base price to be 1 tire, than upped their max rating to 18. Players can select a rating = number of tires on the vehicle.

On a side note, when testing this change I realized that the vehicle description was not adding up properly. Now fixed in 1d.
Brooks G. Banks
QUOTE (DamienKnight @ Nov 11 2009, 12:00 PM) *
Thanks for the awesome suggestions. I have already begun development on version 1d, so I had to manually implement your suggestions. Only thing I did different is with tires. I reduced the base price to be 1 tire, than upped their max rating to 18. Players can select a rating = number of tires on the vehicle.

On a side note, when testing this change I realized that the description was not adding up properly. Now fixed in 1d.

I had thought to go that route initially, but wasn't sure I wanted to get into how the sheet was using Ratings to do the multiples and how to get the cell to unhatch. Of course, later I round that the third column of mods weren't unhatching the rating cells either and fixed that, so I wound up working with that anyway.

Question: How did you implement the Turbocharger feature to mod the base/running speeds of the vehicle? I'm wondering if you came up with a better solution than I did (which was to add two new fields in the calculations section, one to calculate the addition to base speed and one to calculate the addition to running speed, then adding each cell to the formula for speed).

Awesome sheet, btw. I especially love the macro you wrote to switch the sheet from development to production layouts. I'm creating a sheet for Earthdawn, and also created one for WitchHunter, and that was the single biggest pain, having to remember to make all the pertinent changes to the sheet for releasing the sheet into use.

Another question... Are you considering adding sheets for Gear/Armor/Weapons like you have for vehicles? The main character sheet really doesn't have as much room for that stuff as I'd like, personally. Of particular interest is a weapons sheet that lists all the mods, etc, and also lists the relevant skill and dice pool for use, taking into account thinks like specialization, weapon foci, martial arts maneuvers, etc. I can see how that would be a huge undertaking, of course.

Oh, and is there anything in particular you'd like or need help with on the sheet?
Nightfalke
One quick thing...

You can't buy multiple commlinks without entering them in manually.
Tachi
Was playing with 1c again... I don't think Adapsin is actually affecting Essence loss from Cyber... Just an FYI.
tyvar
I've run into a problem with armor stacking on 1c. Seems every time I create an outfit, instead of showing the proper values for Ballistic/Impact, on the character sheet.it is just repeating the values for Ballstic.

For example armored clothing with a lined coat is displayed on the character sheet as 10/10 [10] when it should be 10/4 [10]

Is this problem limited to me or is this a new bug?
Dakka Dakka
I can confirm that armor is still wonky. The outfit I mentioned earlier comes up as 10/10 [7] when it should be 11/9 [8].
DamienKnight

QUOTE (tyvar @ Nov 12 2009, 04:59 AM) *
I've run into a problem with armor stacking on 1c. Seems every time I create an outfit, instead of showing the proper values for Ballistic/Impact, on the character sheet.it is just repeating the values for Ballstic.

For example armored clothing with a lined coat is displayed on the character sheet as 10/10 [10] when it should be 10/4 [10]

Is this problem limited to me or is this a new bug?

QUOTE (Dakka Dakka @ Nov 12 2009, 09:35 AM) *
I can confirm that armor is still wonky. The outfit I mentioned earlier comes up as 10/10 [7] when it should be 11/9 [8].

QUOTE (DamienKnight @ Nov 9 2009, 01:14 AM) *
There were a few problems with Outfits. The biggest was the stack code I gave to PPP pieces. At the time I did not realize they stacked on top of existing armor. I modified the Outfits to calculate them in like Shields... they add directly to armor and encumberance, and you can have as many PPP/Shields/etc. as you want. Unfortunately, this means someone could accidentally illegally stack 2 of the same piece of PPP gear, but I will depend on GM's and Players to police that.

I will release the fixed version as soon as possible.

These problems are fixed in 1d.
DamienKnight
QUOTE (Brooks G. Banks @ Nov 11 2009, 12:33 PM) *
Question: How did you implement the Turbocharger feature to mod the base/running speeds of the vehicle? I'm wondering if you came up with a better solution than I did (which was to add two new fields in the calculations section, one to calculate the addition to base speed and one to calculate the addition to running speed, then adding each cell to the formula for speed).

I did not want to add more columns to the calculations (vehicle columns are a pain because they are split into 3 instances for each column of upgrades).

Since this only applies to Turbochargers, I added a turbocharger cell for each vehicle. It looks for the word 'Turbocharger 1', 'Turbocharger 2' etc. in the mods description, and gets the MIN of Vehicle Body, Turbo1, Turbo2, Turbo3,Turbo4. I then add 5*Turbo to base accel, and 10*Turbo to the Base Running. (Applied after calculating mods costs for ones based on speed, and before multipling by acceleration modifier).

Awesome sheet, btw. I especially love the macro you wrote to switch the sheet from development to production layouts. I'm creating a sheet for Earthdawn, and also created one for WitchHunter, and that was the single biggest pain, having to remember to make all the pertinent changes to the sheet for releasing the sheet into use.

Thanks. It has saved me a lot of time. Let me know if you need any help implementing that macro in your Earthdawn and WitchHunter sheets.

Another question... Are you considering adding sheets for Gear/Armor/Weapons like you have for vehicles? The main character sheet really doesn't have as much room for that stuff as I'd like, personally. Of particular interest is a weapons sheet that lists all the mods, etc, and also lists the relevant skill and dice pool for use, taking into account thinks like specialization, weapon foci, martial arts maneuvers, etc. I can see how that would be a huge undertaking, of course.

Yes. I will probably merge gear and Armor to one Printable Page, and Weapons to their own printable page.

Oh, and is there anything in particular you'd like or need help with on the sheet?

Yes! The categories for Items are set by the way the book organizes them. This is great for small tables in a book, but does not work well for hunting down items via the category filter on the spreadsheet. I want to reorganize the gear into fewer groups, and make it easier to look up gear. Suggestions for this would be appreciated, and if you wanted to create a list of Category/gear name it would even more.
DamienKnight
http://www.mediafire.com/?zm3qzmm2jnk

Version 1d

- Cleaned up Outfits. Sorry for the broken release!
- Added Martial Arts manuevers to Active Skills list on CharSheet
- Updated sheet to calculate in Linguistics (quality) and Mneumonic Enhancers for language ratings and bonuses
- Turbochargers now calculate in to Vehicles accel/Running
- Added many more modifications for Armor
- Created context sensitive armor mod dropdowns. Now mods will only display if they are compatible with the gear you are putng them on
- Added functionality to '(mods)' selection. Now it really reacts to the item listed above it.
- Created abbreviations for all armor mods. Now whenever an item is part of the outfit, the mods will display on the CharSheet as abbreviations (fit it all on one page!)
- Implemented Suit Capacity system for Urban Suit, Body Armor, Helmets and Military suits
Non-suits will use the Max armor x 1.5 worth of ratings still
Suits now have capacity, and will reflect that in their calculations (See Arsenal for details)
- Many minor tweaks on the 'Main' Page
- Removed auto display of Granite Shell, Mystic Armor, etc. Now selectable from Armor list if you have them.
- Mods on Pants/Torso will only calculate a perent of Fire/Noncon/Therm Dampening etc. Pants 2/5, torso 3/5.

Enjoy!
Marwynn
Awesome work DamienKnight! Thank you so much for this.
Vittek
QUOTE (DamienKnight @ Nov 13 2009, 12:26 AM) *
Yes! The categories for Items are set by the way the book organizes them. This is great for small tables in a book, but does not work well for hunting down items via the category filter on the spreadsheet. I want to reorganize the gear into fewer groups, and make it easier to look up gear. Suggestions for this would be appreciated, and if you wanted to create a list of Category/gear name it would even more.

Foreword: Personally I don't think changing the categories would be the way to go, you have been strict in following the books and that pays in the long run, I think ("so this is listed under X, why can't I find it on the sheet?... why, why did they move it in that category and not in the other one??")
I think the right way to go is adding a page wich lists the equipment, so with a simple Search you can discover its category if you really can't find it.

Still, I'm sure you've followed the category names even more strictly than the people writing the books, so I recognize there is a need to unify some categories.
That said, I have compiled a list categories I would merge or rename, plese check it very well before applying it - actually, I would not be surprised if you'd discard some or all of my suggestion.
Sorry, it is a bit long, here it comes:

Merge anti-MAD system and Communications, name it Electronic Warfare
Merge ammunitiion per 10, misc ammunition per 10 and grenade in ammo&granades
Merge the two ARE categories, name of your choosing
Rename Biotech: Medical
Merge CHem-Sniffer in Chemtech. Consider merging Chemtech in Medical.
Rename Combat Chemical in Chemical weapons
Merge Commlink Accessory and Commlink Modules
Merge Data Software in Programs
Merge Acrtic Survival Equipment and Desert Survival Equipment in Survival Gear
Merge DocWagon Contract and ID/Credsitcks in ID/Credsticks/contracts
Take the Electronics category and disassemble it, for ex Jammers go into Electronic Warfare, and so on.
Merge Electronics Options in Electronic Warfare
Merge Enchanting Tools, Fetishes, Foci, Focus Formulae, Magical Goods, Magical Supplies, Metamagic Foci in Magical (or Mage's) equipment.
Merge Explosives per Kilo, accessories and detonators in Explosives
Delete Firearm Accessories, they should be on the Weapons page. Or at least merge them with Weapons Accessories (which, by the way, don't work)
Merge Grapple Gun in B&E Tools
Merge Magical Compounds in Compunds (same for drugs)
I have no idea what Magnetic Diffusion Shielding is (BTW, Sheilding is spelled wrong smile.gif )
Merge Misc. Electronics in Electronics
Merge Missile and Mortar Rounds, maybe merge them in ammo&granades
Merge MSPs in Subscriptions. Consider moving DocWagon from ID/cred to Subscriptions. Also, it would be wonderful to take away all subscription from the gear listing and adding them to the Lifestyle section, so you know how many months you've paid/used and so on.
Merge Nexus H/S and Pre-packaged.
Merge Camping Gear in Odds&Ends.
I have no idea what PAB units are.
Merge Parachutes in Odds&Ends
Merge Passkeys to Security Devices
Peak Discharge batteries?
Merge Photographic Equipment with Odds&Ends
Merge Reacoil Accessories to whatever you did with Firearm Accessories
Merge Restraints with Odds&Ends
Merge RFID Tags per 20 to Electronic Warfare
Road Strips?
Add Rockets to whatever you did to Missiles
Merge Security Devices to Security Equipment
Add Sensor Package and Sensor software to Sensors
Add Simsense to Commlink Accessories
Add Skillsoft Clusters to Skillsofts
Add Slap Patches to Medical
Software/Chip?
Add Space Gear to Survival Gear
Add Special Tires in Vehicle Gear
Add Spell Formula to Magical (or Mage's) Equipment
Spy Toys?
Add Storage Media to Commlink Accessories
Add Tactical Software to Programs
Add Tools to Odds&Ends
Add Toxic Environment Grar to Survival Gear
Toxins?
Add Underwater Gear to Survival Gear
Utility Chemicals? Odds&Ends, probably
Merge Vision Wear, Vision Wear Enhancement, Audio Enhancer in Wear.
Delete Weapon Accessories or at least fix them.
Add Wireless Negation to Electronic Warfare.
Tachi
Damn Vittek... If he adds all that, where's he supposed to put the kitchen sink? nyahnyah.gif

1d... Adapsin still not calculating correctly with cyber... just a heads up.
Sengir
A small suggestion: could you add an option to automatically set the avaiable money according to how much money is spent? You don't select how much BP to spend on skills and then distribute them, so why take that complicated route when it comes to cash?
DamienKnight
QUOTE (Sengir @ Nov 18 2009, 12:54 PM) *
A small suggestion: could you add an option to automatically set the avaiable money according to how much money is spent? You don't select how much BP to spend on skills and then distribute them, so why take that complicated route when it comes to cash?

There are two nuyen fields. One calculates based on money spent, and can be tweaked if you reflect expendatures/gains withing the Karma page.

The second one is for manual nuyen tracking. If you enter any value into it, it will grey out the automatically tracking number. In this way, you can disregard the sheet and manually track your money.

I personally prefer to manually track my money, as it is a pain to track money spent on used gear. Some players in my group prefer to allow the sheet to automatically track their money, and just factor their expendatures in to the 'Nuyen' column of the Karma Log. Ie. They are paid 10,000 for a job, but have to spend 545 dollars during the run (bribing, replenishing ammo, etc). When they make an entry for the run on the Karma Log, they put the nuyen gained as '9,455'. Now the number in the sheet reflects their current dollars.

The trick to this is, any time you remove a piece of gear, or replace it, you have to note the cost of the item removed from your gear section. Also, any time you find an item during a run (acquire it for free) and enter it into your run, you have to note the price and add it to your end-run tally so the item on your sheet does not offset your cost. Alternatively, you can manually enter the item's data in the Custom Item area, and set its price to 0, representing the fact that it cost you nothing to get it.
Dakka Dakka
Armor stacking is not calculated correctly in 1d. The outfit I tried (FFBA full Suit (6/2), all PPP except Helmet (2/4), Aces High Jacket (3/3)) comes up as 10/6 [7]. Since all items stack and FFBA only encumbers half, it should be 11/9 [8]
Sengir
Right, I didn't think beyond the initial character generation. Having the stats change during gameplay would be a rather bad idea...
DamienKnight
QUOTE (Dakka Dakka @ Nov 20 2009, 07:41 PM) *
Armor stacking is not calculated correctly in 1d. The outfit I tried (FFBA full Suit (6/2), all PPP except Helmet (2/4), Aces High Jacket (3/3)) comes up as 10/6 [7]. Since all items stack and FFBA only encumbers half, it should be 11/9 [8]

Gah. I tested that combination and had it working. It seems at some point I flubbed it when copying formulas across the column for 'A'dd type armor. Most armors calculate only the highest piece. For example, if you wore two jackets, only the highest would count because it is not supposed to stack.

Basically there are Legs, Torso, Body, Overbody, Head, Formfitting, Military and Add types of armor. Legs and Torso Stack with each other, Overbody, head and formfitting, but not with Body. Only the highest of either Body or Legs+Torso is applied.

Military armor does not stack with anything except helmets or Add type armor. 'A'dd type armor is used for tracking PPP tech and Mystic Armor. It seems when tweaking the new 'A'dd column, I accidentally let the 'MAX' function in, instead of SUM.

You can fix your copy of 1d by unlocking the Gear page, setting Column and Row headers to show, then unhide the columns to the right of where you select armor. There are two categories you need to fix, 'Ballistic' and 'Impact' Find the Column labelled 'A' on each, and find the row that is tallying up your outfit for you (should be the first piece of armor that is in your outfit). Set its 'A' column formula to use 'SUM' instead of 'MAX'. That fixed it for me. Since it is using Range math, you need to press 'Ctrl + Shift + Enter' after you have changed the formula (instead of just Enter). This will let OO and Excel know to perform the search against a range of numbers, instead of just comparing one single cell to another single cell.

I will be releasing a new version soon (Probably Tuesday night) with revised Gear Categories. I will make sure that PPP tech armor is working properly in that release.
bmcoomes
I'm running some numbers on the armor stacking.
Aces High Jacket (3/3) [3]
FFBA full suit (6/2) [3]
PPP leg&arm castings (+1/+1) [+1]
PPP Vitals protector (+1/+1) [+1]
PPP Forarm guards (0/+1) [+1]
PPP Shin guards (0/+1) [+1]

Totals (11/9) [10]

I'm I missing something? this is how the sheet is running the numbers too with the fix.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012